• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City @ Fordyce

Started by Monsta, October 20, 2017, 11:28:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsta

The Dragons have started out slow against the buckaroos but I think they will handle the redbugs if they come to play. Jc Defense Is Salty But Needs To Clean It Up Both Sides

dragondad

The only issue our Dragons have is their mouths and their minds.  Shut your mouth, don't let them get in your heads, and just do what you know how to do.....play ball.  When a team puts 14 - 0 in the first half on the #1 team,  the only ones with half a right to talk trash is them, not you.  Let them talk and then make them eat their words by putting stats in the book and points on the board.

thabeast428

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 21, 2017, 07:31:13 am
The only issue our Dragons have is their mouths and their minds.  Shut your mouth, don't let them get in your heads, and just do what you know how to do.....play ball.  When a team puts 14 - 0 in the first half on the #1 team,  the only ones with half a right to talk trash is them, not you.  Let them talk and then make them eat their words by putting stats in the book and points on the board.
You forgot their egos....😉

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on October 21, 2017, 10:31:08 am
You forgot their egos....😉

I figured the "mind" comment covered that. LOL

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 21, 2017, 10:33:46 am
"Don't talk too much. Don't pop off. Don't talk after the game until you cool off." Bear Bryant

CoolBreeze

Dragons will have no problem with the Redbugs.

BigBrother

It amazes me that a guy who watched the games on the internet knows so much about a team

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BigBrother on October 21, 2017, 02:22:10 pm
It amazes me that a guy who watched the games on the internet knows so much about a team
Just wait and see.

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 21, 2017, 10:33:46 am
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity
                         "Booker T. Washington"

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigBrother on October 21, 2017, 02:22:10 pm
Bear Bryant never had internet.

cuz

BigBrother

Instead of typing on the internet why don't you go marching off in that coaches office and offer your extensive knowledge and solutions to them.

dragondad

Quote from: BigBrother on October 21, 2017, 11:40:13 pm
Instead of typing on the internet why don't you go marching off in that coaches office and offer your extensive knowledge and solutions to them.

For myself theres no need,  I'm sure Coach Jones would agree with everything i wrote.  But hey, thanks for your recomendation.

BigBrother

Ah then they might know who you are, I get it, my bad

cuz

Quote from: BigBrother on October 22, 2017, 05:36:38 pm
Hey DD be careful we all might figure out who you are in this large Metropolis.....😆

dragondad

October 22, 2017, 06:21:22 pm #16 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:51:55 pm by dragondad
Quote from: BigBrother on October 22, 2017, 05:36:38 pm

LOL!  There's probably not anyone from JC who reads posts on FF that doesn't know who I am.  If there is, they're welcome to ask, message,  or they can tag along with the team on Monday nights after practice and I'll feed them a plate of food and some good fellowship.

THA TRUTH

Pretty sure all JC posters are known

Monsta

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 22, 2017, 07:04:12 pm
Pretty sure all JC posters are known
Not All TT, their is one person I'm curious about!

dragondad

I'm still trying to figure out what I said, that would cause me to hope the coaches don't know who I am.  LOL!

AMHER63

Quote from: Monsta on October 22, 2017, 08:38:17 pm
Not All TT, their is one person I'm curious about!

Im curious about a few myself, Im new to the site, but not to Dragon sports. 

ISU7

cuz

If JC's coaches can stop their players from Show Boating they would be unstoppable. It started with 1 or 2 now up to 6-7. With PF's coming for no reasons the penalties will continue to be a key issue in whether or not they win  games. They are playing worse now than at the first of the season. So much talent being dissolved because of Chest thumping and unnecessary mouthing. Fordyce shouldn't be any problem if these key issues are resolved....

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on October 23, 2017, 02:27:11 am
Dragons scorch bugs by 20 8)
At least.
They beat
Smackover by 22 and only played one half.

cuz

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 23, 2017, 01:55:39 pm
At least.
They beat
Smackover by 22 and only played one half.
Smackover played only half a game also. If their coach had known what he was doing it might have been different. JC was inside the 20 four times in the first half and couldn't punch it in and one of them on the 2...Don't get me wrong if JC would played to their potential they'd be unstoppable. Problem is it doesn't look like they're going to do that....😉

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Has showboating and egotism become an issue this year?  I know Carpenter didn't put up with it, or at least I didn't think so (not around the program anymore myself).  Is this a byproduct of a younger coach?

BigBrother

Why don't you stop them all knowing all-seeing cuuuuuuuz

Jimbo Morphis

I think you JC guys have a fan.

Proud Buckaroo

Cuz is old enough to be your Daddy. You should respect your elders. 😂

cuz

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 23, 2017, 08:02:13 pm
Cuz is old enough to be your Daddy. You should respect your elders. 😂
Probably his Grand-daddy PB but tha truth is Tha Truth....😂😉

THA TRUTH

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 23, 2017, 07:22:03 pm
Has showboating and egotism become an issue this year?  I know Carpenter didn't put up with it, or at least I didn't think so (not around the program anymore myself).  Is this a byproduct of a younger coach?

This isn't new been going on for a few years but never this many or penalties for it

dragondad

Quote from: Oldman on October 23, 2017, 07:43:27 pm
I think you JC guys have a fan.

I'm use to it, I have one in every room.

AMHER63

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 23, 2017, 08:51:19 pm

This isn't new been going on for a few years but never this many or penalties for it

Exactly, its not new at all.  People just want to think its new with a new coach.

bleudog

October 24, 2017, 07:17:39 am #33 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:27:16 am by bleudog
"JUNCTION CITY (14) at Fordyce: A Fordyce win keeps it in the conference title chase. Fordyce recorded a season-best 424 yards in last week's 48-16 win over Drew Central. Freshman QB Quartey Shelton accounted for three TDs and classmate Gary Lewis rushed for a pair of scores. Sophomores Sam Allen and Kalob Jones recorded TD passes. Senior Jaylen Harper closed out the scoring with a TD. Junction City clinches the conference title and the No. 1 playoff seed with a win. Junction City is the top scoring offense (49 ppg) and defense (17 ppg), but the Dragons have scored a season-low 36 points each of the past two weeks. Junction City likely wears down a Fordyce team lower on numbers."

http://www.hootens.com/10-23-2017/class-3a-week-9-rankings-notes--picks/6257.html

Catcher

Quote from: bleudog on October 24, 2017, 07:17:39 am
"JUNCTION CITY (14) at Fordyce: A Fordyce win keeps it in the conference title chase. Fordyce recorded a season-best 424 yards in last week's 48-16 win over Drew Central. Freshman QB Quartey Shelton accounted for three TDs and classmate Gary Lewis rushed for a pair of scores. Sophomores Sam Allen and Kalob Jones recorded TD passes. Senior Jaylen Harper closed out the scoring with a TD. Junction City clinches the conference title and the No. 1 playoff seed with a win. Junction City is the top scoring offense (49 ppg) and defense (17 ppg), but the Dragons have scored a season-low 36 points each of the past two weeks. Junction City likely wears down a Fordyce team lower on numbers."

http://www.hootens.com/10-23-2017/class-3a-week-9-rankings-notes--picks/6257.html
Fordyce youth has shown in games this year, but reading Hooten's write up should make Fordyce fans happen for the years to come.

bleudog

3A REGION 6
Fouke (AR) at Drew Central (Monticello, AR)   [projection: Fouke (AR) 42-28]
Junction City (AR) at Fordyce (AR)   [projection: Junction City (AR) 40-17]
Genoa Central (Texarkana, AR) at Lakeside (Lake Village, AR)   [projection: Lakeside (Lake Village, AR) 35-24]
McGehee (AR) at Smackover (AR)   [projection: McGehee (AR) 21-17]

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2017/weekview.pl?week=Arkansas_10

Rida4Life

Quote from: dragondad on October 22, 2017, 06:21:22 pm
LOL!  There's probably not anyone from JC who reads posts on FF that doesn't know who I am.  If there is, they're welcome to ask, message,  or they can tag along with the team on Monday nights after practice and I'll feed them a plate of food and some good fellowship.

Or PC for that matter............ amiright?

dragondad

Rida4Life

;D

Good luck this week Dragons!

bleudog

October 27, 2017, 07:47:01 am #39 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:59:13 am by bleudog
EDNT pre-game article:  CLICK HERE

"We've got to fix stupid penalties, and not just a holding call here or there.  We've got guys that are getting unsportsmanlike conducts, and there's really no sense in that. It's very selfish of our guys to get unsportsmanlike conducts.  We've talked about self-control and that type of stuff this week to encourage playing between the whistles and not doing any work after." Jones said.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jc-dragons-football

https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/boys/game/8265914

dragondad

October 27, 2017, 08:08:27 am #40 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:15:01 am by dragondad
Quote from: BigBrother on October 21, 2017, 11:40:13 pm

Quote from: dragondad on October 22, 2017, 10:20:13 am
For myself theres no need,  I'm sure Coach Jones would agree with everything i wrote.  But hey, thanks for your recomendation.

Quote from: bleudog on October 27, 2017, 07:47:01 am

"We've got to fix stupid penalties, and not just a holding call here or there.  We've got guys that are getting unsportsmanlike conducts, and there's really no sense in that. It's very selfish of our guys to get unsportsmanlike conducts.  We've talked about self-control and that type of stuff this week to encourage playing between the whistles and not doing any work after." Jones said.

...... but what do I know?

Dragon I

In the words of Jimmy Lee, "AMEN!"

CoolBreeze

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jc-dragons-football

https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/boys/game/8265914
If Frazier's back and really ready to play, look out Bugs. Could be a long night, despite the running clock.

dragondad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 27, 2017, 01:47:31 pm
If Frazier's back and really ready to play, look out Bugs. Could be a long night, despite the running clock.

He could've played last week but protocol rules kept him out,  he's fully ready to go and excited to take the field.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: dragondad on October 27, 2017, 01:57:25 pm
He could've played last week but protocol rules kept him out,  he's fully ready to go and excited to take the field.
But will he be sharp after being out for a couple of weeks?

thabeast428

He is more than ready. He has been practicing and only missed couple games so shouldn't be too bad off

dragondad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 27, 2017, 02:03:01 pm
But will he be sharp after being out for a couple of weeks?

Seeing as how he played two games with a concussion before he sat out,  he should be better than he was.  We shall see

cuz

Hopefully this was addressed along wit all the Chest-thumping. Now maybe Jc won't be their on worst enemy.....

bleudog

Junction  6 
Fordyce  0

11:14 left in the first

bleudog

Junction  12
Fordyce    0

2:47 left in the first

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas