• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elkins Vs Melbourne

Started by bigfootelk14, October 17, 2017, 11:12:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfootelk14

Any predictions between this match up?

Proud Buckaroo

I think Melbourne could take this game... Although the Elks could win it by 8-12.

Paperman

I think Melbourne gets the W in a close one

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Paperman on October 18, 2017, 06:28:05 am
I think Melbourne gets the W in a close one
There is very little to separate these two teams. They each have one conference loss, to Clinton by convincing margins. Each has beaten the same three conference foes by more or less similar amounts.

Elkins played 3 4A schools in their non-conference schedule, but they lost to the only strong team among them. By contrast, Melbourne won their 3 non-conference games but played nobody approaching the quality of Shiloh Christian, which handed Elkins its loss.

That said, I give a slight edge to Elkins based on intangibles that I can't quite define.

RealTalk

The elks and the yellow jackets played last week. From my perspective, the elks almost beat the jackets but got carried away because the team got frustrated. Clinton destroyed the bearcatz and i see the elks taking the W

Game time21

Melbourne only wins this game if they dominate the ground on Offense  and stop Chad Graham and Lyane Evans

CoolBreeze

Quote from: RealTalk on October 18, 2017, 02:13:41 pm
The elks and the yellow jackets played last week. From my perspective, the elks almost beat the jackets but got carried away because the team got frustrated. Clinton destroyed the bearcatz and i see the elks taking the W
I'd have a hard time saying someone almost won a three-touchdown loss.

Sacmonster

TheLakeMan

Sacmonster

CoolBreeze

TruthHurts

Why does Hooters have Melbourne ranked ahead of Elkins, but has Elkins the favorite to win?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: TruthHurts on October 19, 2017, 11:08:14 am
Why does Hooters have Melbourne ranked ahead of Elkins, but has Elkins the favorite to win?
Because they don't have a clue.

P.S. Yes, I noticed the "accidental" misspelling.

TruthHurts

You know what they make the Hooters magazine out of????

Answer:  Hunard dolla bills

Yellowjacket$$$

Elkins wins in a shoot out.. elkins has better QB and a lot more speed .. I've watched both games against Clinton .. ELks QB is a sophomore and will be highly recruited

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Game time21 on October 18, 2017, 02:20:21 pm
Melbourne only wins this game if they dominate the ground on Offense  and stop Chad Graham and Lyane Evans
Melbourne only wins this game if they score more points than Elkins.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas