• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston @ Lamar

Started by 2010Tigerhaz-been, October 08, 2017, 10:56:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2010Tigerhaz-been

Let's get it started. How are the Tigers' injuries looking?

YC

I saw one playing last week and he played one quarter. I did not see any of the rest but some could have played and I did not see them (I can't read the numbers). I was hoping more would play at least a quarter in order to knock off some the rust as a result of not playing for so long.

I think this will be a tough game for us. Their strengths play to our weakness and that can sometimes be a problem. 

Lineman

i know one Sr could possibly be done for the season. Idk if the rest weren't healthy or just held out because of the opponent.

CapnObvious

Most are healthy and the ones out were only to maintain that going into key conference play . Tigers will be prepared for the task at hand and get the W this week .

gold45

Lamar always plays Charleston a tough game.  Charleston will have to stay focused and disciplined to win this one but luckily they keep getting better at doing just that each week. Some key players will return which will be so great for the team and the fans.  Chuck by 3 scores.

Mr.Bearded

Charelston won't allow Lamar to make it a game like Perryville did last week if they jump on them early.  Chuck by 20

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Mr.Bearded on October 09, 2017, 07:22:37 am
Charelston won't allow Lamar to make it a game like Perryville did last week if they jump on them early.  Chuck by 20
It was Paris, not Perryville which took Chuck down to the wire.

Lamar has had a rough start to the conference schedule. After Friday, they will have played the top 3 teams in the conference within the first 4 weeks, with Mansfield the only breather 2 weeks ago. This week will be no improvement on the other 2, especially if the Tigers are healthy.

doggieskoot2

This is a 6-0 team playing a 2-4 team, so lets not make it out to be anything else. 

Lineman

Shows what you know, records don't mean squat, anything can happen on Friday night. Teams have had success running the ball on the Tiger D & I don't think Lamar will be any different. I think the Tigers will be ok if they don't turnover the ball & avoid stupid penalties.

Mr.Bearded

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 09, 2017, 12:41:51 pm
It was Paris, not Perryville which took Chuck down to the wire.

Lamar has had a rough start to the conference schedule. After Friday, they will have played the top 3 teams in the conference within the first 4 weeks, with Mansfield the only breather 2 weeks ago. This week will be no improvement on the other 2, especially if the Tigers are healthy.
I'm aware but Perryville was blowing Lamar out half way through the 3rd quarter and allowed Lamar to come back and nearly win. Charelston will not allow that

nastynice

This is a tough one. My favorite player in 3a (#45 from Chuck) vs my favorite coach in 3a. (Jones)........Lineman was right, you can throw the records out, cause Lamar won't be an easy out at home. Should be a very entertaining game to watch.

CoolBreeze

October 10, 2017, 11:46:13 am #11 Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:23:42 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: nastynice on October 09, 2017, 05:41:58 pm
This is a tough one. My favorite player in 3a (#45 from Chuck) vs my favorite coach in 3a. (Jones)........Lineman was right, you can throw the records out, cause Lamar won't be an easy out at home. Should be a very entertaining game to watch.
That was then. If the Tigers are healthy, they will dominate the young Warriors.

macadoshis

I can't remember many times the Warriors played close to the Tigers.  Two years ago. Definitely not last season.  If the Warriors come out slow this week, Chuck will put the hammer down and it will be a mercy rule.  I'm gonna say since its at home, I'll go with Charleston by 28.

macadoshis

This is how low this game has fallen. One day before game day and there's 13-14 posts.   Embarrassing

Lineman

I guess there's not as much smack to talk anymore.  It's not like it's Mayflower, Prescott, or JC

PrivateLesson

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Lineman on October 12, 2017, 06:46:23 pm
I guess there's not as much smack to talk anymore.  It's not like it's Mayflower, Prescott, or JC
For one thing, a few very active Charleston posters have disappeared--FredBird for example. I know he had another screen name before that, but I can't remember what it was.

KOJACK

Quote from: Lineman on October 12, 2017, 06:46:23 pm
Must be lack of confidence...or are those 8 two-way starters still out???

Lineman

I think it's more of a lack of interest, not confidence. I believe everybody is healthy except for one player.

YC

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 13, 2017, 11:46:51 am
For one thing, a few very active Charleston posters have disappeared--FredBird for example. I know he had another screen name before that, but I can't remember what it was.

I think there are several reasons we don't see as many Tiger posters as there has been in the past. It would be a very long and probably boring post if I posted the reasons I think that is. At one time there were probably 12 to 15 Tiger posters on this board. Many of the old time posters I really miss and some I'm glad they are gone. Of course some wished I would leave as well - or at least so I've  been told.

IIRC, CHSTigersfan was the first Tiger poster and I believe that was in 2002. He is the one that got me started about a year later. He has been gone several years now - but did reappear last year for one game. Many more did shortly follow but have for the most part departed as well.

By the same token I don't see as many Lamar poster as I once did. The ones that are still active at both Charleston and Lamar and the newer ones just don't post as much.   

TheTruth2010

This game has fallen, becaus the Warriors have fallen. I don't think this game will be very close, hope I'm wrong. I think Charleston will mercy rule Lamar.

xadboy

xadboy

Lineman

Apparently "welcome to Lamar" is a disrespectful phrase.

xadboy

Quote from: Lineman on October 13, 2017, 08:26:33 pm
Apparently "welcome to Lamar" is a disrespectful phrase.
Huh??

xadboy

WPWells

Hey CoolBreeze, I'm still around. Posting under my real name now. I live in Memphis, so I'm not as close to the action as I once was. I made it to one game earlier this year, and I think I'll make it to one more (I get to the games when I come into town for Arkansas home games)

CHSTigersFan

Quote from: YC on October 13, 2017, 02:09:54 pm
I think there are several reasons we don't see as many Tiger posters as there has been in the past. It would be a very long and probably boring post if I posted the reasons I think that is. At one time there were probably 12 to 15 Tiger posters on this board. Many of the old time posters I really miss and some I'm glad they are gone. Of course some wished I would leave as well - or at least so I've  been told.

IIRC, CHSTigersfan was the first Tiger poster and I believe that was in 2002. He is the one that got me started about a year later. He has been gone several years now - but did reappear last year for one game. Many more did shortly follow but have for the most part departed as well.

By the same token I don't see as many Lamar poster as I once did. The ones that are still active at both Charleston and Lamar and the newer ones just don't post as much.   

It makes me feel good to be remembered :-) I'll try to get back on here more YC, just to see how things go, but yes it is true I was one of the first a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away......

Even if I don't post much, always a Tigers fan and glad to see they are doing good this year!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas