• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg at Monticello

Started by RAZORBACK FOOTBALL, September 23, 2017, 05:05:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

We looked bad against Dewitt ended up scoring some in the second half. Not to confident in what we have going on right now, we are in "the we don't have the athletes" excuse this season. Hoping for a win against the Billies but I have my doubts.

bulldoghistorian

Monticello wins, making the Star City Hamburg game almost a must win for both teams!

1998billieblue

If Monticello's HC allows his assistants to coach like he did last week Billie's win.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Hamburg gets the win 16-6 over Monticello. Sloppy game but we will take it.

Big Fan

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on September 29, 2017, 09:34:14 pm
Hamburg gets the win 16-6 over Monticello. Sloppy game but we will take it.
Curious....what was sloppy about the game? 

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

I'm speaking of our offense. It's been sloppy all year.

Jimbo Morphis

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

LineStepper

Quote from: 1998billieblue on September 25, 2017, 10:48:49 am
If Monticello's HC allows his assistants to coach like he did last week Billie's win.

What does that mean?

LineStepper

Big Fan

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on September 30, 2017, 11:19:33 am
I'm speaking of our offense. It's been sloppy all year.
If ya'll would just line up and run the ball behind that huge line and quit trying to be a passing team you would be very difficult to beat.

Big Fan

The winner of the Head Scratcher Moment in this game............

Monticello ball 1st and 10.  Hamburg penalized for illegal participation...5 yard penalty 1st and 5.  Another flag on Hamburg for offsides....5 yard penalty and it's.....that's right...... 1st and 1!! 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Big Fan on October 02, 2017, 08:18:30 am
The winner of the Head Scratcher Moment in this game............

Monticello ball 1st and 10.  Hamburg penalized for illegal participation...5 yard penalty 1st and 5.  Another flag on Hamburg for offsides....5 yard penalty and it's.....that's right...... 1st and 1!! 

Common core?

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: Big Fan on October 02, 2017, 08:11:47 am
If ya'll would just line up and run the ball behind that huge line and quit trying to be a passing team you would be very difficult to beat.
I totally agree. Pretty much sums it up.

1998billieblue

Quote from: LineStepper on October 01, 2017, 01:37:00 am
What does that mean?

I will summarize.  6.5 quarters this year our HC has allowed his OC and DC to call the plays.  Second half vs Magnolia, the entire SC game, and first quarter against Hamburg.  Ironic that we won the Magnolia and SC game.  Lost to Fordyce, Ashdown, and Hamburg.  In the SC game we never looked out of sink or lost on offense or defense.  Against Hamburg when HC took over play calling we attempted a bubble screen to a FB in the flat on 4th and inches from the Hamburg 20yd line when the game was tied 0-0.  4 plays later Hamburg scores to take a 7-0 lead.  Then we start melting and burning TO's.  1:40 left in second quarter(out of TO's) down 7-0 we have the ball 1st and 10 from our own 9yd line(keep in mind we get the ball to start the second half).  Well on second and 10 hamburg gets a safety.   The wheels completely fell off when HC took over calling the plays.  Jr High team(who is coached by our OC that we hired in the offseason to take over play calling duties for the HC) is scoring like crazy.  Throwing the ball of over the field.  Scored 52 points last Thursday night.

purpleswag

Quote from: 1998billieblue on October 04, 2017, 12:56:47 pm
I will summarize.  6.5 quarters this year our HC has allowed his OC and DC to call the plays.  Second half vs Magnolia, the entire SC game, and first quarter against Hamburg.  Ironic that we won the Magnolia and SC game.  Lost to Fordyce, Ashdown, and Hamburg.  In the SC game we never looked out of sink or lost on offense or defense.  Against Hamburg when HC took over play calling we attempted a bubble screen to a FB in the flat on 4th and inches from the Hamburg 20yd line when the game was tied 0-0.  4 plays later Hamburg scores to take a 7-0 lead.  Then we start melting and burning TO's.  1:40 left in second quarter(out of TO's) down 7-0 we have the ball 1st and 10 from our own 9yd line(keep in mind we get the ball to start the second half).  Well on second and 10 hamburg gets a safety.   The wheels completely fell off when HC took over calling the plays.  Jr High team(who is coached by our OC that we hired in the offseason to take over play calling duties for the HC) is scoring like crazy.  Throwing the ball of over the field.  Scored 52 points last Thursday night.

Sounds like someone is trying to edge out the HC. Pretty shady bud

1998billieblue

actually that is completely wrong.  I love HC.  He was my position coach at Monticello when I played 20 years ago.  Just calling a spade a spade.  I have the privilege of going to every game, and its more than obvious.  Even the players will tell you when he has taken over play calling.  If you were at the game Friday you could see the diff.  Again this is not a shot at HC like I said before I love the guy to death, but his play calling is just not good.  We have the athletes to win game, but are consistently getting out coached. 

1998billieblue

For the record im not a coach, just a fan. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas