• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-2A Picks for Week 4

Started by NEark tigers, September 21, 2017, 08:17:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NEark tigers

Last Week:  5-2
Overall:      13-6

Winners in bold print

Cross County (-4) at Midland: Cross County SHOULD be able to break through and win this week after three weeks of pummeling in the non-conference portion of the schedule. But Midland is much improved, and looking for the upset at home.

Marked Tree at EPC (-6): Both teams had impressive wins last week. Picking EPC in this one. Memo to both teams, especially MT: Don't fight, because you have the Bulldog Nation next week, just saying. LOL

Earle (-7) at Salem: This is no doubt the game of the week in the league. After Earle 66-0 win over Mountain View and Salem's loss to Melbourne last week, the momentum seems to be with Earle. But the Greyhounds win be focused and prepared for the Bulldogs. The last time Earle went to Salem in 2015, it was tight before the Bulldogs pulled away. 

bdubyab60

MT ain't beating EPC. Warriors by 18. Neither team has played a so called TOUGH schedule.

Earle wins, thoughts posted on Earle/Salem thread.

If Cross County doesn't beat Midland it's worse than we thought.

MARKED TREE IS NOT BEATING EPC. Close game for a while then MT loses their composure as usual from being down and we tack on two more scores

Ron Jon

Teams EPC played record is 2-7
Teams MT played record is 4-5
So yes MT has played a tougher schedule.
If MT keeps their composure and players
stay out of trouble this week the Indians
win.

2aball

Quote from: Ron Jon on September 21, 2017, 01:26:09 pm
Teams EPC played record is 2-7
Teams MT played record is 4-5
So yes MT has played a tougher schedule.
If MT keeps their composure and players
stay out of trouble this week the Indians
win.

Not much for comparing scores, BUT......... EPC held Walnut Ridge to 6 points. Harrisburg, who Marked Tree lost to, got 44 hung on them by Walnut Ridge. EPC has allowed 20 points all year. IF EPC loses, it's because they can't score, not because they can't stop them.

Marked Tree beat an 0-3 Clarendon team, a 2-1 Jonesboro Westside team that beat Hoxie and Manila, and lost to an improved, but still not very good Harrisburg team.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Legitimate contender on September 21, 2017, 03:52:15 pm
I wouldn't look to much into Marked Tree's loss at Harrisburg if I was you. Lot of variables go into that. That is all I will say about that. Marked Tree took down a Westside team that I believe will give Trumann all it wants this year. That team is very physical and Marked Tree took them boys to task last week. If you swapped the 2 teams non conference schedules MT is 3-0 and Epc is 1-2.
All the teams that both teams have played will finish in the lower half of their conferences. Compare records all you want we can swing those in your favor and I can swing them in mine. Just like your Harrisburg comment there were several things in the WR game that kept that game closer than it was.

EPC will beat MT tomorrow.

bdubyab60

Mine is that EPC is better. Clarendon is about like Marianna and Westsise is about like WR, I don't wen care that they beat Harrisburg. We shot ourselves in the foot against WR several times if you watched that film you would know that.

I'll admit I'm a homer. But a big reason I'm going with EPC is that what does MT have that is better than last year and better than EPC. The teams are actually about the same.

This will probably be one of the better games the teams have played over the past few years.

This will be the only game for me this year worth talking about much

MTINDIANFAN

Legit and Ron, if we do happen to beat Lepanto, get ready for "it's a fluke" or "the refs" excuses. heck, we shouldn't even be on the same field as the GREAT LEPANTO PANTHER/WARRIOR!

bdubyab60

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on September 22, 2017, 01:04:51 pm
Legit and Ron, if we do happen to beat Lepanto, get ready for "it's a fluke" or "the refs" excuses. heck, we shouldn't even be on the same field as the GREAT LEPANTO PANTHER/WARRIOR!
Like you guys are any different, just like last year and already with Harrisburg this year, ring a bell. I may complain some but I'm one of a handful that will it like I see it.

Plus if you bothered to comprehend the comments. I said it would be a good game. Just don't think MT wins. I have confidence we will as should you with your team.

I can guarantee you this. The refs will be bad if the crew or partial crew we have had the first few weeks. Can't even signal a complete pass correctly.

bdubyab60

I can say this honestly we about to get whipped and looked like it from the get go

MTINDIANFAN

EPC has been Mercy Ruled by lowly Marked Tree 38-0.

bdubyab60

Good game and congrats to MT. By the way no one called You lowly

MTINDIANFAN

Kinda sounded that way and I quote "There's no way MT beats EPC. We will beat them by 18."

bdubyab60

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on September 22, 2017, 09:55:06 pm
Kinda sounded that way and I quote "There's no way MT beats EPC. We will beat them by 18."
Take what you will from it I guess. Sounds like I'm saying I didn't think you guys would beat us. Plus if you have seen any of my posts on other MT/EPC games they are about the same.

On a good note no big fights tonight. Enough police there to stop an Antifa riot

Pit Bull

ISU7

bdubyab60

Marked Tree took it to us. When the other team plays that good. Then you turn the ball over 6 times, fail on to capitalize on two trips inside the 5 this is what happens

bdubyab60

Quote from: Legitimate contender on September 22, 2017, 10:19:00 pm
Oh my,my.my. I knew Marked Tree was better. But, Didn't think they was this much better then the Warriors. Hard pill to swallow losing to your rival, Add to it,It was in humiliating fashion and that can sometimes take the will of a football team. Hope the warriors can bounce back from this.
LOL we will be fine. It's not the first time in this long rivalry that this has happened. Won't be the last on either side.

The good news is we have Midland next week. MT has Earle.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Legitimate contender on September 23, 2017, 10:42:34 am
Bdub60, That's a great attitude to have,I wish y'all the best. I'm not very up to date on this particular Rivalry, I watched the game on 42 Sports. It look like the kids all got alone for the most part. Let's face it, Your not going to put to hated rivals on the same field together and every one be choirboys. That's just not going to happen. I thought other then the typical pushing and shoving that comes along with any Rivalry, It was a well played game by both sides.
Yeah this one was kind of mellow compared to some years

mtindian42

mtindian42

Quote from: 2aball on September 21, 2017, 01:59:39 pm
Not much for comparing scores, BUT......... EPC held Walnut Ridge to 6 points. Harrisburg, who Marked Tree lost to, got 44 hung on them by Walnut Ridge. EPC has allowed 20 points all year. IF EPC loses, it's because they can't score, not because they can't stop them.

Marked Tree beat an 0-3 Clarendon team, a 2-1 Jonesboro Westside team that beat Hoxie and Manila, and lost to an improved, but still not very good Harrisburg team.
38-0 enough said!

NEark tigers

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 23, 2017, 11:32:15 pm
38-0 enough said!
Now, you'll be going to play America's Team next week!!!

mtindian42

Quote from: NEark tigers on September 23, 2017, 11:42:09 pm
Now, you'll be going to play America's Team next week!!!
LOL. now that is funny. thanks for the LAUGH!

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 21, 2017, 11:54:41 am
MT ain't beating EPC. Warriors by 18. Neither team has played a so called TOUGH schedule.

Earle wins, thoughts posted on Earle/Salem thread.

If Cross County doesn't beat Midland it's worse than we thought.

MARKED TREE IS NOT BEATING EPC. Close game for a while then MT loses their composure as usual from being down and we tack on two more scores
2 out of 3 picks aint bad. the last pick you made on this list is just a little off... better luck next time...

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 22, 2017, 07:20:01 pm
I can say this honestly we about to get whipped and looked like it from the get go
yep you got that right. from the moment marked tree stepped off the bus...it was over!!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 24, 2017, 12:58:54 am
yep you got that right. from the moment marked tree stepped off the bus...it was over!!!
Finally out of the woodwork huh 42. MT wanted it more that's for sure.

I've done the one thing that no MT fan would ever do and congradulate the others victory in the rivalry.

And it's wasn't from the time they got off the bus. We were down 14-0 when I posted that and looked lifeless. Then down 22-0 we finally showed some spunk but when the RB got stripped of the ball on the one that pretty much did it.

Out of the 3 games I've seen is play there have around 8 trips inside the 10 and we have come away with zero points, two of those against MT. We got to figure out how to get those points. Got to figure out some kind of passing game that isn't just chunking the ball down the field that way folks can't just run blitz is to death.

Anyway it will be alright in the morning the world didn't end again Saturday as was predicted. Now I'll pull for us to beat Midland.

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 24, 2017, 09:22:00 am
Finally out of the woodwork huh 42. MT wanted it more that's for sure.

I've done the one thing that no MT fan would ever do and congradulate the others victory in the rivalry.

And it's wasn't from the time they got off the bus. We were down 14-0 when I posted that and looked lifeless. Then down 22-0 we finally showed some spunk but when the RB got stripped of the ball on the one that pretty much did it.

Out of the 3 games I've seen is play there have around 8 trips inside the 10 and we have come away with zero points, two of those against MT. We got to figure out how to get those points. Got to figure out some kind of passing game that isn't just chunking the ball down the field that way folks can't just run blitz is to death.

Anyway it will be alright in the morning the world didn't end again Saturday as was predicted. Now I'll pull for us to beat Midland.
lol just giving you a hard time bdub. what I took from this game is epc runs a offense that is ran better with a fast quarterback. on those jet sweeps MT was just eating  the motion man alive. cause there is no threat of the qb keeping it. driver toched the ball maybe 6 times. every time he toched it he got 5 to 6 yards. he needs to be the qb on those jet sweeps. if I had a player like him he would get the ball 25-30 times a game.

good luck the rest of the way. I'm sure yall will get back on track. I'm not sure how your coach cant see driver is the track to get on.

I recorded this game for our page. you may be in the video its posted on 42 sports on facebook. were no espn but we doing our part to get some of these games live.

birddawg1986

Well it has been a crazy 4 weeks of high school football. This just shows that you better strap them on every Friday night.

Harrisburg defeats Marked Tree
Walnut Ridge defeats Harrisburg
EPC defeats Walnut Ridge
Marked Tree defeats EPC

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas