• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood Bulldogs vs Sands Springs Sandites (Replacing Alma Airedales)

Started by bulldogger15, September 21, 2017, 05:36:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitshop

Thanks Bigfoot, if we can stop them from running the ball 75% of the time we may get lucky and squeeze one out. Got to have one of the next two though.

The Future

Since when did a bunch of 14 year old girls take over this site??
Never seen so many hashtags outside of Facebook.

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on September 22, 2017, 04:26:54 pm
Since when did a bunch of 14 year old girls take over this site??
Never seen so many hashtags outside of Facebook.
+1  #FUNNY

Bigfootdogfan

Ok Future, it's close enough to game time, what is your prediction for tonight's game. I say 35 - 21 Greenwood. Any other predictions?

The Future

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 22, 2017, 04:42:49 pm
Ok Future, it's close enough to game time, what is your prediction for tonight's game. I say 35 - 21 Greenwood. Any other predictions?

I'll tell ya. At first I was comfortable with a few TD win margin.
But now I'm not sure.
I still believe Greenwood will win. But I'm feeling it's gonna be tough. Maybe like in 2012 when Greenwood had to fight for 4 quarters to beat LR Parkview.

I think Greenwoods starters will get all the game experience they want and more this game. Which will be valuable next week and down the road.
Your 35-21 pick sounds pretty accurate and I can agree on that.
But just for the sake of having a different prediction.
Dogs 41
Hogs 28

Bigfootdogfan

I have watched two of the three AHS games and they look good, lots of speed. Not worried about them running up the middle on us but they are quick to the corner. We will have to contain and get pressure on QB. If our rec can get open and catch enough balls between them and our run game I think we will be ok but I feel like you our starters will get a full game this week. IF and I do say that hesatently we do blow them out it will suprise me, don't look for that to happen but would be nice.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 21, 2017, 04:24:18 pm
Drive past three teams that would whip you [Broken Arrow, Jenks, Union) to play a team that PA jacked by 38 points.

Yep, that's a real character builder...smh

#PAaintskeered
And if those three teams would beat Greenwood what would they do to the Mav's? Also, who goes for two on the first possession of the game? Oh yeah, CJW's and then loses in OT.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 21, 2017, 11:26:15 pm
Let me ask you this PA dad, if Coach Rick Jones calls Coach Kelly and asks him if he wants to play a non-conference game home and away, does Kelly say yes or no?
Why won't Coach Williams schedule PA?

High Voltage

So folks, you have to wonder at this point. It has been two weeks since Greenwood absolutely dismantled Southside and yet here is the Southside announcer staying on Greenwood threads. Notice now that he is not on the 7A boards at all. This is great! He is so in love with Greenwood that he is about to come out of the closet. Because let's face it, trophy's are not won in week #2 of the season, and it sure doesn't help in week four to go for two on your first possession and lose on OT. Hahaha, come outta the closet Bait! You know you love Greenwood, you Ole Alum you! :-*

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on September 23, 2017, 01:08:22 am
So folks, you have to wonder at this point. It has been two weeks since Greenwood absolutely dismantled Southside and yet here is the Southside announcer staying on Greenwood threads. Notice now that he is not on the 7A boards at all. This is great! He is so in love with Greenwood that he is about to come out of the closet. Because let's face it, trophy's are not won in week #2 of the season, and it sure doesn't help in week four to go for two on your first possession and lose on OT. Hahaha, come outta the closet Bait! You know you love Greenwood, you Ole Alum you! :-*
+1
High noon on December 24, 2017. Kinda like Groundhog Day....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

hogsanddogs

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 22, 2017, 03:58:08 pm
The answer to the last post, he isn't a IDIOT but his post can get a little idiotic at times. Remember all in fun , pull each other's chains hoping they will take the bait. You just did. Lol!!!!!
This thread has me laughing out loud! The funniest thing is all the people who take every post so seriously! Bulldog15 and Baitshop make me laugh out loud! Without their fishing hooks and sarcasm F.F. would be boring!

bulldogger15

Quote from: hogsanddogs on September 23, 2017, 02:20:23 pm
This thread has me laughing out loud! The funniest thing is all the people who take every post so seriously! Bulldog15 and Baitshop make me laugh out loud! Without their fishing hooks and sarcasm F.F. would be boring!
+

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:40:54 pm
You are an IDIOT! Hope u are not grown man
Hey HogGirl2018, if idiots could fly, this place would be an airport.

SARCASM is the ability to insult idiots without them even knowing it.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bigfootdogfan

Sometimes people on here just can't help but take the bait, hook line and sinker.LOL!!!!

Hogman2018

Bigfootdogfan

bulldogger15

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 23, 2017, 09:48:35 pm
Ur still the biggest IDIOT on the board!!!!
Yes, HogGirl2018, you are correct and I understand, you're a genius, right? Not so much HogGirl2018, not so much....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Hogman2018

STBruin

PA has mercy ruled them the last 2 years...this year they were ranked 6 or 7th in state.

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: The Future on September 21, 2017, 08:07:42 am
Sandites. Haven't heard that one. Haven't ever even typed that. My phone autocorrected to sandy tea.
This made me think. I think the most unusual mascot name we have here in Arkansas is the wampus cats. Or maybe the boll weevil from U of A Monticello.
I googled unusual mascot names for high schools across the country. Was not disappointed.

Alaska: Aniak Halfbreeds
Connecticut: Avon Old Farm Winged Beavers
Florida: Laural Hill Hoboes
Georgia:Cairo Syrupmakers
Illinois: Freeburg Midgets   After a David vs Goliath win they went with the name
Louisiana: Crowley Ladies and Gentlemen    Confused on this one too
Minnesota: Blooming Prarie Awesome Blossums
Mississippi: Stanislaus Rock a Chaws
Ohio: Crooksville Ceramics
Tennessee: Webb Feet   You read that right.
West Virginia: Poca Dots  you read that right too.
Wisconsin: Kaukauna Galloping Ghosts

There were a handful of more ones that made your eyebrow raise but these I thought were the most unusual.
I checked. These are all current and active high school mascots.
Gotta say though. These are good ones. But I will always like the Deaf Leopards of the Arkansas School for the deaf.

I kinda like Mulerider of Southern Arkansas University

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on September 23, 2017, 12:56:32 am
And if those three teams would beat Greenwood what would they do to the Mav's? Also, who goes for two on the first possession of the game? Oh yeah, CJW's and then loses in OT.

We already played the #1 ranked team in the 7A and the #1 ranked team in the 6A....

You boys are the one that are always harping about playing two "used to be" teams and the "Crawford County Cowards". Go see if you can strap it up with somebody who MAY beat you. This Poteau, Sallisaw, Lift for Life stuff along with your 4 year streak of not getting done in the post season ain't helpin' your UofG rep...

I have already given you 5 teams within 2 1/2 of the UofG....(HarBer, Jenks, Union, Broken Arrow, P.A.)

Shut up or play somebody....

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 26, 2017, 11:16:40 pm
We already played the #1 ranked team in the 7A and the #1 ranked team in the 6A....

You boys are the one that are always harping about playing two "used to be" teams and the "Crawford County Cowards". Go see if you can strap it up with somebody who MAY beat you. This Poteau, Sallisaw, Lift for Life stuff along with your 4 year streak of not getting done in the post season ain't helpin' your UofG rep...

I have already given you 5 teams within 2 1/2 of the UofG....(HarBer, Jenks, Union, Broken Arrow, P.A.)

Or in your case, beat somebody, and they call YOU Baitshop! Haha!

High Voltage

Or in your case, beat somebody, and they call YOU Baitshop! Haha!

Oh, and you didn't answer the question, of course we all know the answer. Who goes for two, first possession? Crazy huh Baitshop? Of course trophy's are not given out in? Well never at Southside anymore. How is basketball season going?

Baitshop

We lined up to go for two after every possession this year. We have converted that 80% of the time. I've checked your bio, you list yourself as a grown man, has the U of G never heard of the two-point conversion? I have a diploma from Greenwood and even I am aware of the advantages of lining up and seeing what the defense will give you on a PAT. And when you can turn that one point into two points 80% of the time, SMART coaches take advantage of it. Maybe Greenwood would not be afraid to play tougher non-conference opponents if they understood the nuances of the game like 2-point conversions. I can send CJW down to coach you boys up if you need. He and Rick are good friends and I am sure that he would be glad to do it.

blueandwhite

Hey Baitshop, the other part of scheduling a game is that the other school wants to play you too. How do we know that Greenwood did not reach out to the schools you listed and they turned Greenwood down? I am not saying they are scared to play Greenwood, but maybe they have other reasons.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 27, 2017, 11:15:57 am
We lined up to go for two after every possession this year. We have converted that 80% of the time. I've checked your bio, you list yourself as a grown man, has the U of G never heard of the two-point conversion? I have a diploma from Greenwood and even I am aware of the advantages of lining up and seeing what the defense will give you on a PAT. And when you can turn that one point into two points 80% of the time, SMART coaches take advantage of it. Maybe Greenwood would not be afraid to play tougher non-conference opponents if they understood the nuances of the game like 2-point conversions. I can send CJW down to coach you boys up if you need. He and Rick are good friends and I am sure that he would be glad to do it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, CJW would not even be the special teams coach at Greenwood! HAhahahahahahahahahahah, man you are a funny guy. Do you even realize that it cost them the game? Greenwood doesn't need to go for two Baitshop. But when we do, we convert and win, not lose. And we do it when there is a reason, not the first possession of the game. I guess that was part of CJW plan for an undefeated season, uh, errrrrr, nevermind. 2000 comedians out of work and you're trying to be funny. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

PA Dad

Quote from: blueandwhite on September 27, 2017, 12:05:26 pm
Hey Baitshop, the other part of scheduling a game is that the other school wants to play you too. How do we know that Greenwood did not reach out to the schools you listed and they turned Greenwood down? I am not saying they are scared to play Greenwood, but maybe they have other reasons.

I don't have any inside information, but I have $100 that says Kelley would jump at the chance to play GW.

PrivateLesson

High Voltage

Quote from: PA Dad on September 27, 2017, 08:10:16 pm
I don't have any inside information, but I have $100 that says Kelley would jump at the chance to play GW.
Well have him make the call.

rona

Quote from: PA Dad on September 27, 2017, 08:10:16 pm

You would win that bet. Have not always cared for some of Coach Kelley's style, but the Man can coach Football, build a Program, not afraid to step out of the box, and certainly not afraid to play Greenwood or anyone else for that matter.

Baitshop

Kelly ain't the problem.... he's proven over time that he will take on all comers

The difference being for him, "all comers" don't include Lift for Life, Poteau, Sallisaw, well, you get my drift....

#PAain'tskeered

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 28, 2017, 10:26:56 am
Kelly ain't the problem.... he's proven over time that he will take on all comers

The difference being for him, "all comers" don't include Lift for Life, Poteau, Sallisaw, well, you get my drift....

#PAain'tskeered
Jones ain't the problem either, and you just mentioned 3 teams that could beat Southside. It's not our fault Southside is atrocious again this year. You keep hammering Greenwood yet they hammered your team. Jealous much? You know you are beating a dead horse (Southside) right? They are just not any good anymore. You are smarter than that,or are you?

blueandwhite

Poteau vs. Greenwood use to be a pretty good game year in and year out. Just like the Southside vs. Greenwood game use to be a good game.

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on September 28, 2017, 12:00:06 pm
Jones ain't the problem either, and you just mentioned 3 teams that could beat Southside. It's not our fault Southside is atrocious again this year. You keep hammering Greenwood yet they hammered your team. Jealous much? You know you are beating a dead horse (Southside) right? They are just not any good anymore. You are smarter than that,or are you?
High Voltage = SAVAGE 

Lololol

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on September 28, 2017, 12:00:06 pm

My post stands for itself, and the accuracy of it is indisputable....just look at the difference in the two teams non-con schedule over the past 5 years.

Your attempts at diversion or denial from the obvious documented FACTS, while predictable, is both childish and asinine.

Other than NS and SS, (obvious huge gate) Greenwood has not played one team in their non-con schedule that has beaten them in the 2 year home and home series. Conway, Bryant, HarBer...correct me if I am wrong.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 28, 2017, 04:56:56 pm
My post stands for itself, and the accuracy of it is indisputable....just look at the difference in the two teams non-con schedule over the past 5 years.

Your attempts at diversion or denial from the obvious documented FACTS, while predictable, is both childish and asinine.

Other than NS and SS, (obvious huge gate) Greenwood has not played one team in their non-con schedule that has beaten them in the 2 year home and home series. Conway, Bryant, HarBer...correct me if I am wrong.
haha, you just are not gonna get it are you? I apologized on the 7A board. You wanna keep going then have at it! You lost this battle long ago. Greenwood's record speaks for itself. As does Southside's. You were the one talking "Big Boy" football all those years. Now that Greenwood has stepped up and beaten "Big Boy" football you have to revert to well Greenwood doesn't play this team or that team. Before long they would have to beat the Patriots to be any good. Again, you should worry about Southside, not Greenwood.

Baitshop

I see that you're still not willing to answer the question?

#playsomebody

High Voltage

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 29, 2017, 08:47:06 am #88 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:49:37 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Is Baitshop still on the Greenwood thread?   Baitshop = Troll

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 29, 2017, 01:44:43 am
I see that you're still not willing to answer the question?

#playsomebody

StinkBait needs to get some envy management therapy. The jealousy bug has bitten him hard!

"Jealousy is a good indication that you are doing things the right way. People never get jealous of losers." - Morgan Freeman

Mavericks are always jealous. Jealous Mavericks are usually losers. Therefore most Mavericks are jealous losers.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

So you're saying Southside isn't "somebody"?

bulldogger15

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 29, 2017, 08:48:24 am
So you're saying Southside isn't "somebody"?
Back when they were Rebs they WERE "somebody". Shell of their former selves and their fans are too....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 29, 2017, 09:41:13 am #92 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:50:55 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 29, 2017, 09:35:58 am
Back when they were Rebs they WERE "somebody". Shell of their former selves and their fans are too....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Very true!   

The sad thing is when fans, instead of talking about wins and championships, they start talking about other team's non-conference schedules.  Who cares about non-conference schedules?  When you win your conference and you're in the hunt for championships every year, does it really matter who you played in week one or two?   The fact that Greenwood plays half their schedule against larger 7a team's is never mentioned is it?   When your team gets demolished 49-0 by a smaller school, the last think you need to be talking about is another teams non-conference schedule. 

BTW.  Greenwood's record against 7a teams over the past 5 seasons....  21-3   Just sayin....

ricepig

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 29, 2017, 09:41:13 am
Very true!   

The sad thing is when fans, instead of talking about wins and championships, they start talking about other team's non-conference schedules.  Who cares about non-conference schedules?  When you win your conference and you're in the hunt for championships every year, does it really matter who you played in week one or two?   The fact that Greenwood plays half their schedule against larger 7a team's is never mentioned is it?   When your team gets demolished 49-0 by a smaller school, the last think you need to be talking about is another teams non-conference schedule. 

BTW.  Greenwood's record against 7a teams over the past 5 seasons....  21-3   Just sayin....

Greenwood plays two 7A schools in their current scheduling cycle.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2017, 10:17:49 am

Yes.  With a combined 83-7 point spread.  So......your point is?

BTW, We played 7 - SEVEN! 7a teams each of the past two years.  And had an 11-3 record.   

bulldogger15

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 29, 2017, 09:41:13 am
Very true!   

+

I'd rather be smacked by a Rebel than shake the hand of a Maverick. Are the good times really over for good?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bigfootdogfan

You know, other then just trying to pull someone's chain which he does with regularity and he always gets someone to take the bait I think Baitshop really understands why most teams play down early in the season in their non Conf. Games. There are so many factors in who you play in Non Conf. Each cycle. First both teams have to have an opening in their schedule. Next could be logistics and cost of going to a destent school. Also sometimes you just have to schedule who ever you can get a game with to keep from having an open date, as was the case with GW when they played the team out of East St Louis. There is a lot more to scheduling a game with another team then just saying ' oh I think we will play team x next cycle' . Also most teams play down in non Conf. Because it's early in the season and they want to work on different things, ie players in different positions, plays, schems etc. it's a time to see if what you have been working on during practice is going to work in real game time situation . It's one thing to do it in practice but it's another to do it in real game situation. I think it would be safe to say that most if not all teams are better at the end of the season then they were at the beginning , getting there is a process that each coach has to determine what is best for his team. It's easy for all us has beens to set back and say this team or that team should do this or do that but we aren't getting paid to make those decisions ( thank goodness lol ) the bottom line is HS football is just another sport our children get to play for a short time in their lives then they will become has beens like the rest of us. So when Bait or Bdogger or any one else starts their rants about what they think remember it's just their opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Just like this is my opinion !!!!! I will leave it up to the coaches to run their teams and as far as CRJ and Coach Kelly from PA I am sure they know best for their teams. Those two have crossed pathes before and it won't suprise me if they don't meet up again in the future until then let's just set back and enjoy Friday nights with our favorite HS football team. Oh yea between Friday nights it's ok to pull chains!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 29, 2017, 11:24:10 am
You know, other then just trying to pull someone's chain which he does with regularity and he always gets someone to take the bait I think Baitshop really understands why most teams play down early in the season in their non Conf. Games. There are so many factors in who you play in Non Conf. Each cycle. First both teams have to have an opening in their schedule. Next could be logistics and cost of going to a destent school. Also sometimes you just have to schedule who ever you can get a game with to keep from having an open date, as was the case with GW when they played the team out of East St Louis. There is a lot more to scheduling a game with another team then just saying ' oh I think we will play team x next cycle' . Also most teams play down in non Conf. Because it's early in the season and they want to work on different things, ie players in different positions, plays, schems etc. it's a time to see if what you have been working on during practice is going to work in real game time situation . It's one thing to do it in practice but it's another to do it in real game situation. I think it would be safe to say that most if not all teams are better at the end of the season then they were at the beginning , getting there is a process that each coach has to determine what is best for his team. It's easy for all us has beens to set back and say this team or that team should do this or do that but we aren't getting paid to make those decisions ( thank goodness lol ) the bottom line is HS football is just another sport our children get to play for a short time in their lives then they will become has beens like the rest of us. So when Bait or Bdogger or any one else starts their rants about what they think remember it's just their opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Just like this is my opinion !!!!! I will leave it up to the coaches to run their teams and as far as CRJ and Coach Kelly from PA I am sure they know best for their teams. Those two have crossed pathes before and it won't suprise me if they don't meet up again in the future until then let's just set back and enjoy Friday nights with our favorite HS football team. Oh yea between Friday nights it's ok to pull chains!!!
Getting sentimental in your old age? I almost teared up a couple times. Your NYT op ed was a little long winded but well worded. StinkBait will probably only read half of your post before he crawls back into his grease trap to concoct a more elaborate tale regarding Rick Jones and the Bulldogs "weak" schedule.

Winning a state championship is the end goal every year for the Bulldogs. How long will it be before the Mavericks make it back to the 7A championship game? A looooong time. The Rebs would've already been back....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bigfootdogfan

OLD AGE DOES THAT TO YOU I GUESS!!!!!! I still like to get on here and have a little fun with everyone from time to time, I have had some rough times in my personal life the last couple of years and this is a outlet that I can come to to get my mind off things. Moving to Little Rock will never stop me from being a GW Bulldog fan. Our only goal this week is to go 1 - 0. Bait will be along soon enough with more chain pulling, he is busy now trying to figure out an excuse for another Reb I mean Mav. Loss. I expect a good game tonight but on any given night upsets do happen just hope it's not to night. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2017, 10:17:49 am

Don't waste your time DoyouthinkthatIamanIDIOT is on his annual roll...

Ask him about his letter writing campaigns....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas