• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern's Demias Jimerson

Started by zsparker93, September 20, 2017, 04:04:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zsparker93

I've had people ask me over the last few days about his future plans. He's an electric athlete as evidenced by his 404-yard performance at Lakeside last week. Does anybody know if he has any offers for college or if he plans on playing baseball instead?

prHOG13

No reported offers at this time. Not sure what the academics look like, but hoping he gets a look somewhere. Might be someone that goes the JUCO route first

prHOG13

Danny West of Rivals just confirmed that he has to raise a test score, but DJ has heard from several schools in football (Ohio St being one of them) and a lot of JUCO's in baseball. He'll definitely be one to look out for in two years

RoadWarrior

Is this the kid that was on the news a few years back for getting the "Madre Hill" rule applied to him????

Marblehog

Quote from: RoadWarrior on September 21, 2017, 06:25:53 am
Is this the kid that was on the news a few years back for getting the "Madre Hill" rule applied to him????
Yes.  Then everyone grew before he did so he wasn't a superstar for a few years but now he is physically mature and passing them all back up. 

RoadWarrior

prHOG13

Quote from: RoadWarrior on September 21, 2017, 09:26:40 am
He plays QB now right?
Yes, here are the highlights from his big game last week against Lakeside

https://youtu.be/3n2XVbx9EjU

RoadWarrior

Wow; I hope Malvern has a few more weapons so teams won't be locked on to just him.

Oldbadger

After reading the article in the Dem/Gaz this morning, there is no doubt the kid is very good.  Why then, have they lost two games.  He seems to be able to make things happen.  What happened? Or as a past presidential candidate once said, "What Happened!".

RoadWarrior

He probably is the only real weapon they have

Nacho

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 21, 2017, 10:45:08 am
After reading the article in the Dem/Gaz this morning, there is no doubt the kid is very good.  Why then, have they lost two games.  He seems to be able to make things happen.  What happened? Or as a past presidential candidate once said, "What Happened!".

Not a great coaching staff IMO. Went to the game against Glen Rose. Gosh...not good.

bigunit11

What are your qualifications to judge a coaching staff?

zsparker93

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 21, 2017, 10:45:08 am

Defense has given up 161 points in three games. No matter how good you are, it's hard to win a shootout every week.

Nacho

Quote from: bigunit11 on September 21, 2017, 11:15:36 am
What are your qualifications to judge a coaching staff?
Probably the same as yours BU  ::) that's why I said IMO (in my opinion).

bigunit11

I doubt it, unless you have been or are now coaching, because I am retired with more than 25 years in the business. I understand you were giving your opinion, but most people would provide some tangible evidence to base their opinion on. Just wanted to know how you came to the conclusion that the coaches are no good. I am amazed at the number of people that have coached little Johnny's t-ball team and suddenly they are coaches and experts in the field. I also would not slander a group of people without knowing the situation. There are a couple of coaches that were on staff that were there in 2011 when they played in the championship game, and the head coach is the same as the 2014 team that made it to the semi finals. I don't think they have forgotten how to coach. This is not college or the NFL, you have to play with what momma and daddy send you. All schools go through cycles of talent, some more than others. I het offense when coaches are critized because for most of my adult life has been around coaches. I know how hard they work, how many hours they put in, what kind of sacrifices they make to spend more time with other people's children than they do their own. In all my years, I have never seen a coach that did bot want to win or that coached their players to become worse. They coach them to be the best they can be, but sometimes, because of talent level, the best they can be is not good enough to win a lot of games. I just ask that before we judge coaches,  to understand that the majority of coaches are doing their best to give their players the best chance to be successful.

Nacho

Quote from: bigunit11 on September 21, 2017, 04:39:49 pm
I doubt it, unless you have been or are now coaching, because I am retired with more than 25 years in the business. I understand you were giving your opinion, but most people would provide some tangible evidence to base their opinion on. Just wanted to know how you came to the conclusion that the coaches are no good. I am amazed at the number of people that have coached little Johnny's t-ball team and suddenly they are coaches and experts in the field. I also would not slander a group of people without knowing the situation. There are a couple of coaches that were on staff that were there in 2011 when they played in the championship game, and the head coach is the same as the 2014 team that made it to the semi finals. I don't think they have forgotten how to coach. This is not college or the NFL, you have to play with what momma and daddy send you. All schools go through cycles of talent, some more than others. I het offense when coaches are critized because for most of my adult life has been around coaches. I know how hard they work, how many hours they put in, what kind of sacrifices they make to spend more time with other people's children than they do their own. In all my years, I have never seen a coach that did bot want to win or that coached their players to become worse. They coach them to be the best they can be, but sometimes, because of talent level, the best they can be is not good enough to win a lot of games. I just ask that before we judge coaches,  to understand that the majority of coaches are doing their best to give their players the best chance to be successful.

Okay coach... ::) because you know me. I stated I went to a game and watched them call terrible calls. I'm glad you got your rant out, maybe you'll feel better now. Good job.

Marblehog

Sorry pal but there are a lot of idiots in coaching.  If you didn't see that than you might be an idiot yourself

Marblehog

what mommy and daddy send you?  Its your job to develop players as a coach not mommy and daddy

bigunit11

Yeah and there are many idiots on this board, in which maybe you are one.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas