• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls Top Ten

Started by ballislife42, September 19, 2017, 08:23:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballislife42

Alright everybody. Let's take a sidestep to focus on the girls programs. What's your rankings for the top ten and why do you think they'll take that spot?

ballislife42

1- Carlisle - really solid set of girls coming back. Beat Earle last year in districts.
2- Earle - still have Scott
3- Quitman - graduated several starters but bring back some talent
4- Pangburn - bring back almost everyone I believe but don't think can beat Quitman
5- Marmaduke- have played really well the last several years

I don't see much competition past here

BigBob

September 20, 2017, 10:04:24 am #2 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:35:45 pm by BigBob
Spring Hill girls may be the best kept secret in 2A ball this year. Have high hopes, but we will see. They have the depth and talent PLUS much neeeded experience.

Bildo

From what I have seen... that list looks good to me. I think there will be some that will compete, I just don't know anyone outside that group listed that can win it. Ya never know though...

HoopKing

3 of those 5 are in the same regional.  Depth could hurt Carlisle.  I hope the coach is working on that. Earle will always be tough as long as Scott is there.  Quitman is the champ until someone beats them.  Pangburn is always solid and Marmaduke always had a great game plan. Is there anyone else that can challenge this group of teams.

HoopKing

It's quiet with just a few weeks until the season

Bildo

Everyone is still in football mode... wait till the first hard frost and people get the jackets out.

Bildo

HoopKing

Ok let's hear some discussion!  Girls teams tip off either Saturday or Monday for the most part.

ak58

Spring Hill girls tip off Monday vs Emerson. Then jump into the OBU tourney tues-Thurs. keep your eyes out for them👀 They are a hungry group

HoopKing

It is basketball season!!

LeftyWorld

Quote from: ak58 on October 30, 2017, 12:48:36 pm
Spring Hill girls tip off Monday vs Emerson. Then jump into the OBU tourney tues-Thurs. keep your eyes out for them👀 They are a hungry group

Any idea where I can find a bracket for that OBU tourny? I have looked online and can not seem to find one. Ready to finally watch some basketball!!!

BigLion10

Quote from: LeftyWorld on November 03, 2017, 10:15:36 am
Any idea where I can find a bracket for that OBU tourny? I have looked online and can not seem to find one. Ready to finally watch some basketball!!!
https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/102427/OBU_Tournament.pdf
here ya go Lefty

Bildo

The Carlisle Lady Bison beat Maumelle Charter and Jacksonville High School in the LR Fair Jamboree on Saturday. They will open up their season Tuesday at Maumelle High School

BigLion10

November 05, 2017, 07:43:59 am #14 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:56:39 pm by BigLion10
England has Monticello in a benefit game Monday night at home, open the season Tuesday at home against Wonderview, and go to Dumas Thursday night

Bildo

Nothing like opening the season with some cupcakes lol! Good luck!!!

BigLion10

Ha you right lol, same to yall

Tom88us

Hector Plays Lamar Tonight they lost 2 Girls off last years team

thebigman3

Watched Quitman girls play last night and they are gonna have to get it together. They're almost a new team looks like with some good talent in sophomores coming off the bench. 14 gotta a technical foul in the 2nd quarter. Their coach i guarantee you subbed 30 times in the first quarter alone. That's just not gonna work if you ask me. They didn't play great and have a lot to improve on but I feel like by february they'll be ready to roll.

LeftyWorld

Just guessing but if he has a lot of young talent and newer players he may just be trying to get as many as he can playing time early that way come january they at least all have some game experience playing with each other and he can see what different lineups look like together. Idk just seems like something you could do with a team like that your first couple of games. never seen quitman play so idk what style he likes just a thought

riccoar

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 07, 2017, 07:17:48 am
Watched Quitman girls play last night and they are gonna have to get it together. They're almost a new team looks like with some good talent in sophomores coming off the bench. 14 gotta a technical foul in the 2nd quarter. Their coach i guarantee you subbed 30 times in the first quarter alone. That's just not gonna work if you ask me. They didn't play great and have a lot to improve on but I feel like by february they'll be ready to roll.
I saw Quitman 2 years ago and that squad was lights out on fire defensively.  He apparently graduated some key pieces to that State Champ team.  14 got T'd up in the first quarter and fouled out quickly in the 2nd.  She was jawing hard at the ref and he T'd her up and then was back talking the coach on the bench.  He seems to run the same system, but you can tell they are struggling to learn it.  If they start to get in sync with that defensive scheme, they can be dangerous later on.  He was yanking girls who were missing assignments right and left.

thebigman3

Quote from: LeftyWorld on November 07, 2017, 08:08:18 am
Just guessing but if he has a lot of young talent and newer players he may just be trying to get as many as he can playing time early that way come january they at least all have some game experience playing with each other and he can see what different lineups look like together. Idk just seems like something you could do with a team like that your first couple of games. never seen quitman play so idk what style he likes just a thought
yeah, I could see that but it's not that he was just subbing them for no reason. If they dribbled the wrong direction seemed like they was coming out of the game. He does have a lot of depth though.

thebigman3

Quote from: riccoar on November 07, 2017, 09:18:45 am
I saw Quitman 2 years ago and that squad was lights out on fire defensively.  He apparently graduated some key pieces to that State Champ team.  14 got T'd up in the first quarter and fouled out quickly in the 2nd.  She was jawing hard at the ref and he T'd her up and then was back talking the coach on the bench.  He seems to run the same system, but you can tell they are struggling to learn it.  If they start to get in sync with that defensive scheme, they can be dangerous later on.  He was yanking girls who were missing assignments right and left.
Yes, he was. And also that GFWS team gave them a run for their money it's not like they were bad or anything cause they played good. I think once January comes Quitman will be a power horse again.

RedWolf275

Quote from: ballislife42 on September 19, 2017, 08:30:27 pm
1- Carlisle - really solid set of girls coming back. Beat Earle last year in districts.
2- Earle - still have Scott
3- Quitman - graduated several starters but bring back some talent
4- Pangburn - bring back almost everyone I believe but don't think can beat Quitman
5- Marmaduke- have played really well the last several years

I don't see much competition past here

Marmaduke is way down this year. Riverside beat them 85-39 last week.

redrider30

Here's a news flash. Riverside is way up. They should contend for the 3A State Championship. They have also easily beat Bay at Bay and have beat BIC by 46 and 36 in the last week. Riverside is the real deal this year.

Mj4465

Quitman coach has always subbed....a lot.  They have probably 12 girls that can play ball.  Probably more depth this year than past years.  And one hurt that will be coming back in the next couple weeks.  Last night's performance wasn't stellar but they didn't start off great but it didn't start off great last year either and we all know how that ended...

ak58

Mduke stays overrated 🙄

RedWolf275

Don't know about Marmaduke always being overrated. They have a state championship along with another state finals appearance in the past 5 years or so. Pretty sure they had another final 4 appearance in there.
However, I don't think they are a top 5 team this year.

Cheek

November 08, 2017, 03:23:10 pm #28 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:32:35 am by Cheek
Quote from: Bildo on November 05, 2017, 08:20:42 am
Nothing like opening the season with some cupcakes lol! Good luck!!!

Coach Mackey always plays a tough schedule.   There is no way you get better by beating weak teams.  If you want to be the best, you have to play the best.

Bildo

I agree totally. Our conference is down on the girls side and it will definitely help come February

thebigman3

Does Hector girls bring back anything? Are they any count this year?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 09, 2017, 01:13:30 pm
Does Hector girls bring back anything? Are they any count this year?
Should return the 6ft post that moved in from atkins last year, the strong power forward, and the stocky girl that could rebound really good. Will struggle to shoot from outside and if I had to guess will lack a guard who can create. I think they only lost the two main starting guards, but that'll be hard to replace.

Hitman Warrior23

November 09, 2017, 04:01:42 pm #32 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:06:48 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 09, 2017, 01:33:57 pm
Should return the 6ft post that moved in from atkins last year, the strong power forward, and the stocky girl that could rebound really good. Will struggle to shoot from outside and if I had to guess will lack a guard who can create. I think they only lost the two main starting guards, but that'll be hard to replace.

They got 2 strong players struggled on the press against Lamar (thats gonna hurt in post season) but the post and The guard/forward are gonna win then several games for them. I think 1st year coach as well. Barely beating Lamar (don't have their starting point guard back yet) and a down right now Paris team, I'd say they will be solid in 2a but won't be anything like the past.  HOPEFULLY I'M WRONG love to see or local teams do good

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: Mj4465 on November 07, 2017, 02:41:36 pm
Quitman coach has always subbed....a lot.  They have probably 12 girls that can play ball.  Probably more depth this year than past years.  And one hurt that will be coming back in the next couple weeks.  Last night's performance wasn't stellar but they didn't start off great but it didn't start off great last year either and we all know how that ended...
Gonna Miss Rackley's size and the Senior Leadership but with that said Quitman just reloaded with plenty of talent and several players with lots of experience. Come January look out!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas