• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW THE 4A DISTRICT TEAMS FARED IN NON-CONFERENCE ACTION

Started by Sportshawk, September 19, 2017, 10:28:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportshawk

September 19, 2017, 10:28:07 am Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:42:44 am by Sportshawk
The won-lost record of the six 4A districts as a composite

7-4A - 19-5
1-4A - 14-10
4-4A - 14-10
2-4A - 12-12
3-4A - 11-13
8-4A - 7-16

Of course, non-conference schedules are of varying quality, but still, it would seem that the 7-4A is pretty strong this year

Gray lizard

Sportshawk

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 19, 2017, 10:37:51 am
These numbers mean nothing.
It means that the 7-4A had great success in the non-conference season, and the 8-4A did not.  Means nothing relating to the way the conference races turn out, and hence the playoffs, but to say it means nothing at all........weeeelllll.............haters gotta hate.

AirWarren

All about who is practicing on the week of thanksgiving.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 19, 2017, 11:09:45 am

This is actually how I gauge the quality and consistency of the elite programs.... If you playing after Thanksgiving quite a bit then you are doing something right.

RZback

Looks like the 4A-7 is the best conference in the state at this point.  4A-8 not so good.  It doesn't tell you which is the best team. Looking at standings there are several who could lay claim to that spot.  It will work itself out in good time.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 19, 2017, 10:42:14 am
It means that the 7-4A had great success in the non-conference season, and the 8-4A did not.  Means nothing relating to the way the conference races turn out, and hence the playoffs, but to say it means nothing at all........weeeelllll.............haters gotta hate.

Hey I am not a hater.  Lets just take a look at Dover for example.  They are 3-0, but who did they play.
Atkins a mid level 3-a team won by 2 points
Two Rivers a bottom level 3-a team That every team will mercy rule 36-0
Lavaca 2-a team on a down year they will be lucky to break 500 this year  43-0.

I was wrong it can mean week non-conference to pad your win total.

LJ06

Quote from: RZback on September 19, 2017, 11:14:09 am
Looks like the 4A-7 is the best conference in the state at this point.  4A-8 not so good.  It doesn't tell you which is the best team. Looking at standings there are several who could lay claim to that spot.  It will work itself out in good time.

Not saying this isn't a true statement, but that win and loss column in non conference doesn't really equate to conference strength. Some teams play tougher opponents than others.

RZback

Non-conference can mean a lot if you look at who plays who and who wins.  I can show the better teams and it can show which conferences are stronger across the board.  I may mean nothing else and it may be an indicator of who will be the leaders for the state title.  Any way it goes, lots of people sure watch what happens on Friday night.

STUNNA

What's the win loss comparison of the teams each conference played?

cuckoobird

Perfect example and I'll use my own team. Arkie is 3-0 and their best opponent was a 1-2 Stuttgart squad. Hot springs and sheriden are equally awful. So, in reality Arkie played no one and that 3-0 mark means nothing. Look at Nashvilles non conference schedule, dequeen hope and idabel. Idabel really the only halfway decent team and Nashville is 2-1. These games mean absolutely nothing as to best conference. Just look back to a year ago at how everyone was riding the 7-4a jock, then look at what happened come playoff time. Case closed

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 19, 2017, 12:15:23 pm
Perfect example and I'll use my own team. Arkie is 3-0 and their best opponent was a 1-2 Stuttgart squad. Hot springs and sheriden are equally awful. So, in reality Arkie played no one and that 3-0 mark means nothing. Look at Nashvilles non conference schedule, dequeen hope and idabel. Idabel really the only halfway decent team and Nashville is 2-1. These games mean absolutely nothing as to best conference. Just look back to a year ago at how everyone was riding the 7-4a jock, then look at what happened come playoff time. Case closed

Best way to judge conferences is playoff time. Until then it's all just speculation.

cuckoobird

By using his analogy, mena mercy rule dequeen and dequeen beat Nashville. So mena should be a 40 point victor when they play Nashville. Ludicrous

PrivateLesson

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 19, 2017, 12:23:24 pm
By using his analogy, mena mercy rule dequeen and dequeen beat Nashville. So mena should be a 40 point victor when they play Nashville. Ludicrous
Yeah, I don't see it.   This maybe one of your most reasonable assessments.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on September 19, 2017, 11:09:45 am
That must mean you thought the 4A-1 is the best conference last year :D

cuckoobird

LJ06

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 19, 2017, 01:06:35 pm
1-4A probably was

Yet a lowly ole 8-4a Warren took it to the best of the 7-4a and 1-4a three weeks in a row by a margin of 137-93.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 19, 2017, 01:48:21 pm
Yet a lowly ole 8-4a Warren took it to the best of the 7-4a and 1-4a three weeks in a row by a margin of 137-93.

PG is still chasing Burks

SUGARTOWN

You beat Nashville last year?

FootBallar21

Who did Warren play that is the best of the 7-4A ?  Was it Robinson ?  Arkadelphia?  Nashville ? was it even Mena or Ashdown ?   NO they didn't play a 7-4A Team in non conference .    Warren does not look as good as any of those 5 teams this year! 

bigchief72455

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 19, 2017, 10:28:07 am

7-4A - 19-5
1-4A - 14-10
4-4A - 14-10
2-4A - 12-12
3-4A - 11-13
8-4A - 7-16

Of course, non-conference schedules are of varying quality, but still, it would seem that the 7-4A is pretty strong this year
Quality of non conf games can not be expressed enough. There are some 3-0 teams that might finish the season 3-7.

AirWarren

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 19, 2017, 02:19:46 pm
Who did Warren play that is the best of the 7-4A ?  Was it Robinson ?  Arkadelphia?  Nashville ? was it even Mena or Ashdown ?   NO they didn't play a 7-4A Team in non conference .    Warren does not look as good as any of those 5 teams this year! 

Robinson was the best team in 7-4a last year.

Coming from a mena supporter, I'll take your opinion tongue and cheek at best.

beach bum

Who did Warren play that is the best of the 7-4A ?  Was it Robinson ?  Arkadelphia? Nashville ? was it even Mena or Ashdown ?   NO they didn't play a 7-4A Team in non conference .    Warren does not look as good as any of those 5 teams this year!

Can you say those two in bold with a straight face even?

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on September 19, 2017, 02:22:07 pm
Can you say those two in bold with a straight face even?

I can't say Mena with a straight face....

LJ06

He is talking about last season against Robinson and PG.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 19, 2017, 03:00:08 pm
He is talking about last season against Robinson and PG.

Comprehension is not some folks' strong suit.

FootBallar21

Greenwood is my team boys,  now that my son has started football here,  I have no feelings towards Mena anymore.     But we were talking this season and All 5 of those 7-4A teams look tough this year for sure.   

Sportshawk

Well, Warren ran the table last season, beat everyone and finished 15-0.  They were the best in 2016, and while they didn't play everyone in the top ten, they beat every one they did play and were the last team standing. Hats off to them.

Having said that, this year ain't last year, and things always change.  The 7-4A has lots of contenders, there are three in the 1-4A, a couple in the 4-4A, and one or two in the 2-4A, and of course there's Warren in the 8-4A. 

it will be a fun year in any case.

LJ06

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 19, 2017, 03:28:50 pm
Well, Warren ran the table last season, beat everyone and finished 15-0.  They were the best in 2016, and while they didn't play everyone in the top ten, they beat every one they did play and were the last team standing. Hats off to them.

Having said that, this year ain't last year, and things always change.  The 7-4A has lots of contenders, there are three in the 1-4A, a couple in the 4-4A, and one or two in the 2-4A, and of course there's Warren in the 8-4A. 

it will be a fun year in any case.

It's almost a mirror image of last season at this point

AirWarren

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 19, 2017, 03:22:09 pm
Greenwood is my team boys,  now that my son has started football here,  I have no feelings towards Mena anymore.     But we were talking this season and All 5 of those 7-4A teams look tough this year for sure.   

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=152792.0

BM22

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 19, 2017, 10:28:07 am

7-4A - 19-5
1-4A - 14-10
4-4A - 14-10
2-4A - 12-12
3-4A - 11-13
8-4A - 7-16

Yeah, especially when a team like Bauxite, picked to finish 8th in 7-4A (43rd in 4A) won @ Dumas,  who is picked to finish 2nd in 8-4A (9th in 4A). That says something about the strength of the 7-4A. However, it is a long season with multiple factors determining who makes it to WMS, such as injuries, how well disiplined a team is and the timing of when a team peaks, etc. I think just about everyone agrees who the top 8 teams are that have the best chance to make it to LR. You can throw a couple of dark horses in the mix for good measure.

LJ06

This season is a mirror image of last season. 1-4A has 2 really good teams in Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove. 7-4A looks stout early on with a four headed monster. 8-4A is a one man band as usual.

RZback

If it means nothing, lets either drop it or stop keeping score!...

Jack1990

cuckoobird

I don't understand why everyone has so much trouble defending Warren. At least we lose to them with pride

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas