• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 4A Top Ten

Started by Mike Bonds, September 18, 2017, 03:49:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

beach bum

Quote from: nastynice on September 20, 2017, 05:21:46 pm
By the time Pea Ridge reaches "Elite" status, they'll be moved up to 5a and have to start all over again!

I have actually pondered that myself.... In 2 more cycles they will be most likely be in the 5A West with 4 or 5 current 1-4A teams. When that happens Shiloh is going to destroy that conference for a while when only minnows are left. The 1-4A will go from having some decent teams year and out to being terrible like it was in the late 90's and early 2000's in the old 1-3A days. Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, and Gravette will certainly take a couple years to adjust. Poor Berryville and Huntsville are going to suffer even more so. Those schools are not meant for 5A competition with schools like Harrison, Alma, and Morrilton.

prHOG13

There's going to be a pretty steep drop off after this year for PR. Will still be a playoff team, but nowhere close to a top 10 team in 4A. Same goes for PG imo. Shiloh will be the top dog again for the next few years.

RZback

So who goes 5A first.  I think its Huntsville then Pea Ridge.

Jabali

Quote from: RZback on September 20, 2017, 07:16:12 pm
Pretty sure Pea Ridge is doubling in size every ten years, they may skip 5a and go straight to being cannon fodder for Greenwood. It's gonna be tough sitting in the stands with a bunch of thick necked Yankees watching the Jr High team they have try to deal with that.

prHOG13

Yeah PR won't have you worry about it until 2020, but the district is growing at a rate of 100 kids per year. They'll def be 5A after the next cycle.

OkieinPG

From what I've heard the following schools will move from 4A-1 to 5A for the 2020 football season:
Berryville
Pea Ridge
Gravette
Prairie Grove
Shiloh

These 5 will join Farmington & Huntsville, along with Harrison, and form a conference.

Gentry, Lincoln & Green Forest will remain from the 4A-1.

beach bum

September 22, 2017, 03:27:19 pm #107 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:36:32 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Jabali on September 20, 2017, 08:23:51 pm
Pretty sure Pea Ridge is doubling in size every ten years, they may skip 5a and go straight to being cannon fodder for Greenwood. It's gonna be tough sitting in the stands with a bunch of thick necked Yankees watching the Jr High team they have try to deal with that.

You just described the only reason I can even stand NWA to begin with... I'd never come back if it wasn't for the influx of out of state people to diversify the culture like we are seeing in Washington and Benton County. And the high level of education and money these people are bringing in(most of the people moving from out of state to NWA are not coming here for minimum wage work, they are coming here for higher end scale paying work) and it is benefiting practically every school in the area with their tax revenue they bring in. Those people are improving the quality of life for everyone in the area so I am not sure why anyone would be complaining. Their money influx is improving the overall infrastructure of NWA rapidly.

nastynice

Quote from: OkieinPG on September 22, 2017, 03:23:09 pm
From what I've heard the following schools will move from 4A-1 to 5A for the 2020 football season:
Berryville
Pea Ridge
Gravette
Prairie Grove
Shiloh

These 5 will join Farmington & Huntsville, along with Harrison, and form a conference.

Gentry, Lincoln & Green Forest will remain from the 4A-1.
Shiloh?

OkieinPG

Quote from: nastynice on September 22, 2017, 03:29:20 pm
Shiloh?

Shiloh will move up to stay with the old gang.  Their school will continue to grow as well being in the NWA region.  No reason for them to stay down and smack around the other 4A remaining teams.  They want to continue to compete with the likes of PG and Pea Ridge.

Jabali

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 03:27:19 pm
You just described the only reason I can even stand NWA to begin with... I'd never come back if it wasn't for the influx of out of state people to diversify the culture like we are seeing in Washington and Benton County. And the high level of education and money these people are bringing in(most of the people moving from out of state to NWA are not coming here for minimum wage work, they are coming here for higher end scale paying work) and it is benefiting practically every school in the area with their tax revenue they bring in. Those people are improving the quality of life for everyone in the area so I am not sure why anyone would be complaining. Their money influx is improving the overall infrastructure of NWA rapidly.
You got all that from my "thick necked Yankees" comment? That's a heck of a straw man you got built there snowflake! LOL

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 20, 2017, 10:42:29 am
Sure the best two teams over the past bunch of years have been Nashville and Warren.  never said anything to the contrary.  Over the past four years, the teams with the best records include the two aforementioned along with Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove...out of the 48 schools in 4A.

Elite, being part of small group superior to the larger group extant, is a descriptive word that is generally governed by common usage and can be studied with the aid of a dictionary. For instance, Oklahoma has an elite collegiate football program but it hasn't won a national title in awhile.

Since you dislike my use of the word elite (did you take English in high school) and feel that I must change my identity, sell my house, and move to Canada, I gotta tell you that high school football is way way WAY too important to your self identity/self worth. 

There are lots of good teams in this state, and I wish them all the best (well...ceptin' for maybe one).  I hope the Blackhawks do as well as possible as they are an exceptional bunch of boys relating to their character and work ethic.  I am sure that there are other teams that the same could be said about them.

My life doesn't rise or fall with the success of any athletic team, be it amateur or professional. Yours shouldn't either.

The previous 4 seasons PR is 37-13. Dardanelle is 43-9. Do we get to claim elite status? I just want confirmation before we order the patches.

LJ06

Since the classification restructure in 2006 there have been only 5 different state champions (6 if you include Pulaski Academy but they of course are in 5A now.)

Nashville - 3 (2006, 2007, 2015)
Shiloh Christian - 3 (2008, 2009, 2010)
Warren - 2 (2014, 2016)
Booneville - 1 (2013)
Stuttgart - 1 (2012)

There's your elite list

Scooter2121

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 23, 2017, 07:21:23 pm
The previous 4 seasons PR is 37-13. Dardanelle is 43-9. Do we get to claim elite status? I just want confirmation before we order the patches.
No the sand gizzards are not elite!!

Lizard47

Quote from: Scooter2121 on September 23, 2017, 08:46:58 pm
No the sand gizzards are not elite!!
Oh a double negative, if we're not nothing then we are something. I don't care about "elite" status but I love to watch the Lizards win and they do it a lot.

Lizard47

Oh, you edited the double negative before I posted. That's OK you and I know it was there

richboy

jimbojack

Top 5 after Week 4:

1- Warren
2- Pulaski Robinson
3- Ashdown
4- Arkadelphia
5- Pea Ridge

Warren's o-line is much better, so the QB play is improving quickly.  Skill guys are better than last year and the defense is the best in 4A.  Kicking game is also picking up steam. 
I may be wrong, drinking the Kool-aid on PR, but I don't see them losing this week. 
Ashdown has not played anybody yet, so let's see how they handle being hit in the mouth.  They sure have looked good so far.
Arkadelphia-- I had them ranked at 1 last week, but they struggled with a bad Nashville team last week.
Pea Ridge --after being dominated by Warren last year, despite Warren having an off night, I have troubling believing in them. They have looked great against weak competition---but hey--you can only play who is on the schedule.

nastynice

Nasty would put it more like this:

1.  Warren
2.  Pulaski Rob
3.  Arky
4.  Shiloh
5.  PG
6.  Ashdown
7.  Pea Ridge

Oldbadger

I have two issues with your post jimbojack.  One-how do you know that the Warren defense is the best in 4A?  You haven't seen the others, plus, they have given up a few points.  And two-contrary to what you say, Nashville isn't as bad as you think.  I really believe they will recover and make some noise the rest of the year.  They were showing some glimpses of a better defense against the Badgers.  Granted they may have played some of the offensive players both ways, but, hey, whatever it takes.  The real teams will show up come late November,

richboy

September 24, 2017, 11:37:54 am #120 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 04:31:19 pm by richboy
Quote from: jimbojack on September 24, 2017, 10:00:14 am
Top 5 after Week 4:

1- Warren
2- Pulaski Robinson
3- Ashdown
4- Arkadelphia
5- Pea Ridge

Warren's o-line is much better, so the QB play is improving quickly.  Skill guys are better than last year and the defense is the best in 4A.  Kicking game is also picking up steam. 
I may be wrong, drinking the Kool-aid on PR, but I don't see them losing this week. 
Ashdown has not played anybody yet, so let's see how they handle being hit in the mouth.  They sure have looked good so far.
Arkadelphia-- I had them ranked at 1 last week, but they struggled with a bad Nashville team last week.
Pea Ridge --after being dominated by Warren last year, despite Warren having an off night, I have troubling believing in them. They have looked great against weak competition---but hey--you can only play who is on the schedule.
of course warrens qb and o line looks good against weak competition lol 😂! Your offense is terrible. You barely got past a very sorry watson chapel and stuttgart team. Please hush 😂😂😂

jimbojack

Lol.  Time will tell.   So far every prediction I've made has been spot on---including Warren's early season offensive struggles and Nashville struggles overall.

I thought Arky would be good, but maybe not this good...

RZback

Warren hasn't shown its the best in 4A up to this point.

nastynice

Quote from: RZback on September 24, 2017, 04:14:30 pm
Warren hasn't shown its the best in 4A up to this point.
Who has then?

LJ06

richboy

September 24, 2017, 05:00:59 pm #125 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:02:57 pm by richboy
Arkadelphia? So far they do have the fewest allowed points per game and fewest yards allowed per game.

nastynice

Arky wins this week and we'll all have em #1.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 24, 2017, 04:35:17 pm
Exactly

It's ok. We will take the underdog role. Nobody mind lil ole Warren.

jimbojack

Yep. PR would be a really good win. 
And I forgot about Stuttgart---that's a better win than Nashville.  My apologies to the Badgers.

hogfan10

Quote from: jimbojack on September 24, 2017, 06:48:25 pm
Yep. PR would be a really good win. 
And I forgot about Stuttgart---that's a better win than Nashville.  My apologies to the Badgers.

Nashville > Stuttgart.

Spurfan

I think ashdown maybe a sleeper to win it all. I think they are top 3 at least

SUGARTOWN

Here's mine for Week 5:

1.  Arkadelphia
2.  Ashdown
3.  Robinson
4.  Pea Ridge
5.  Warren
6.  Prairie Grove
7.  Shiloh Christian
8.  Booneville
9.  Nashville
10. Helena-West Helena

Big showdown on Hwy 10 between #1 and #3 this week. Booneville at Ozark & Gravette at Prairie Grove other games of interest in the top 10. Everyone else should cruise this week.

nastynice

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 25, 2017, 08:36:37 am
Here's mine for Week 5:

1.  Arkadelphia
2.  Ashdown
3.  Robinson
4.  Pea Ridge
5.  Warren
6.  Prairie Grove
7.  Shiloh Christian
8.  Booneville
9.  Nashville
10. Helena-West Helena

Big showdown on Hwy 10 between #1 and #3 this week. Booneville at Ozark & Gravette at Prairie Grove other games of interest in the top 10. Everyone else should cruise this week.
Pea Ridge too high. They're not near as good as last year. When they start playing their best players both ways, then they may be really good. But not yet.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: nastynice on September 25, 2017, 11:07:44 am
Pea Ridge too high. They're not near as good as last year. When they start playing their best players both ways, then they may be really good. But not yet.

If they were as good as last year I would have them higher. Who would you put above them that I have lower? I've seen Warren twice, they're definitely not as good as last year, PG...maybe, Shiloh...nope, they've beaten Booneville, Nashville's already lost twice and surely you think they're better than HWH?

nastynice

nastynice

But I see your point. It's pretty much wide open for the first time since 2013.

Spurfan

Did warren lose alot off last year team. Do they still have that stud receiver.

AirWarren

Quote from: Spurfan on September 25, 2017, 11:38:10 am
Did warren lose alot off last year team. Do they still have that stud receiver.

Warren has nothing. No returning starters. No size. Speed.

I would get us out of the top ten. We are hoping to make the playoffs.

Spurfan

I know thats not true. I know they are tough every year. Was just trying to see if they returned alot of players off last year championship team

LJ06

Quote from: Spurfan on September 25, 2017, 12:11:27 pm
I know thats not true. I know they are tough every year. Was just trying to see if they returned alot of players off last year championship team

All the WRs, all of the offensive line, all of the defensive line

Spurfan

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 25, 2017, 12:21:15 pm
All the WRs, all of the offensive line, all of the defensive line

I noticed that we have a set offensive line and a set defensive line with limited two way players.

If they stay healthy, could prove beneficial. And the lines aren't small either.

Spurfan

Yea having a big strong line can be a big advantage going into the playoffs.

The Green Arrow

Don't sleep on Trumann. They run that double wing offense as good as anybody I've ever seen. They've got two huge WRs on the outside they can throw it to if need be. Cade Gartman is the real deal as well. Has breakaway speed and is a load and a half to bring down. I know their schedule has not been the strongest, but I would not want to see them come week 1 in the playoffs.

Spurfan

I was wondering who all has seen arky, robinson, and ashdown play this year. Are all as good as advertised.

AirWarren

Quote from: Spurfan on September 25, 2017, 12:40:55 pm
I was wondering who all has seen arky, robinson, and ashdown play this year. Are all as good as advertised.

Too early to tell.

The cream rises to the top during the second round of the playoffs.

Spurfan

I feel you on that.  I just wish all power house make it the quarter and semi finals so we can get some exciting matchups.

cuckoobird

There's no break away speed in NE or NW Arkansas

beach bum

If Shiloh stays 100% healthy Pea Ridge will finish 3rd in the 1-4A....

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 25, 2017, 01:24:58 pm
There's no break away speed in NE or NW Arkansas

You are right.... Pea Ridge thinks they are fast but its easy to be fast when comparing yourself to other 1-4A teams and the 3-4A..... PG is slow and will beat them still.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas