• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 4 - Nashville @ Arkadelphia

Started by ~WPS~, September 16, 2017, 01:59:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

September 16, 2017, 01:59:24 pm Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:45:05 am by ~WPS~
Nashville Scrappers vs. Arkadelphia Badgers
Badger Stadium, Arkadelphia, AR
September 22, 2016 @ 7:00 PM

Video:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/nashville-high-school-nashville-ar
Audio:  www.southwestarkansasradio.com

Nashville Scrappers
Head Coach:  Mike Volarvich
Record at Nashville:  28-2 (3rd Year)
2017 Record:  2-1
Last Week:  Won 51-30 @ Idabel, OK
PPG Scored:  51
PPG Allowed:  30.7
Offense:  Spread
Defense:  3-4
2016 Record: 11-1
2016 Conf. Record:  7-0 (1st 7-4A)
2016 Playoffs:  1-1 (2nd Round)
Returning Starters:  3 offense / 4 defense

Arkadelphia Badgers
Head Coach:  J.R. Eldridge
Record at Arkadelphia:  50-26 (7th Year)
2017 Record:  3-0
Last Week:   Won 49-0 vs Hot Springs
PPG Scored:  44.7
PPG Allowed:  0
Offense:  Multiple Spread
Defense:  4-3
2016 Record:  5-6
2016 Conf. Record:  2-5 (T-5th 7-4A)
2016 Playoffs:  0-1 (1st Round)
Returning Starters:  10 offense / 8 defense

Team Stats
Passing
Nashville Offense:  301.7 YPG
Arkadelphia Defense:  42.7 YPG

Arkadelphia Offense:  112.3 YPG
Nashville Defense:  145 YPG

Rushing
Nashville Offense:  221 YPG
Arkadelphia Defense:  55.3 YPG

Arkadelphia Offense:  277.7 YPG
Nashville Defense:  165.3 YPG

Total
Nashville Offense:  522.7 YPG
Arkadelphia Defense:  98 YPG

Arkadelphia Offense:  390 YPG
Nashville Defense:  310.3 YPG

Individual Stat Leaders
Passing
Nashville:  Tyler Hanson - 52/88, 905 yards, 9 TD, 8 INT
Arkadelphia:  Cannon Turner - 19/29, 294 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT

Rushing
Nashville:  Trent Harris - 61-349 yards, 7 TD ... Carmillias Morrison - 24-227 yards, 5 TD
Arkadelphia:  Zion Hatley - 52-495 yards, 9 TD ... Cannon Turner - 22-207 yards, 1 TD

Receiving
Nashville:  Dominick Kight 13-347 yards, 3 TD ... Levester Gillard - 8-205 yards, 2 TD
Arkadelphia:  Logan Lucas - 9-180 yards, 2 TD

Tackles
Nashville:  Jordan White - 40 total tackles
Arkadelphia:  Josh Wallace - 17 total tackles

Sacks
Nashville:  Jordan White, Darren May, JJ King & Lance Easter - 1 sack
Arkadelphia:  Rickey Rogers & Josh Burnham - 1 sack

Interceptions
Nashville:  Domonick Kight - 2 INT
Arkadelphia:  Josh Burnham - 1 INT

Series History
All-Time:  Nashville 24-16-2
Last 10 Games:  Nashville 7-3
Games Played at Arkadelphia:  Nashville 12-10
Last Meeting:  September 23, 2016 (Nashville won 71-40)
First Meeting:  October 23, 1914 (Arkadelphia won 36-6)

FBfan79

September 16, 2017, 02:01:34 pm #1 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:48:51 am by FBfan79
 How do you feel about this one WPS?

~WPS~

I honestly have no clue what to expect. I haven't seen any film of Arkadelphia yet but I hear they are for real. It will be a tough challenge and Nashville will have to be at their best. It appears just scoring on Arkadelphia would be the first goal.

polksalet

richboy

September 16, 2017, 02:20:11 pm #4 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:13:10 pm by richboy
Hot springs kept in their starters the entire game even the 2nd half against arkys 2nd team defense and offense. Arkys defense is stout this year. The defense alone has outscored every team so far. Arkys pass defense is better than ever. No team has over 100 total yards against arky.. They block very well on offense. The passing and run game has improved alot thanks to arkys previous all state quarterback and running back jakahari Howell and Kris Oliver (2012-2013 season) for helping them during the summer... And I believe the quarterback has only been sacked once or twice.

Oldbadger

Ironically, Pokesalet my be close.  Defense is the key to this game.  The Badgers are pretty good, the Scrappers are suspect.  The Badgers offense is the best they have had in several years with speed and skill at all positions.  The defense is experienced and also have speedy defensive backs.  The defensive line is strong and fast and will give the QB and other backs fits.  As usual, the Scrappers have a good offense.  I have to go with the Badgers.  Regarding the cupcakes on the schedule, I would hesitate to call Stuttgart a cupcake.  Additionally, they didn't let a cupcake beat them.lol

mharris31696

September 16, 2017, 05:49:01 pm #6 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:52:06 pm by mharris31696
I think the Badgers have the edge this year at home. Even though the opposition hasn't been top notch they haven't given up any points. That's something in itself. Unfortunately I believe the scoreless streak ends this week. I'm thinking Arkadelphia takes this one 35-21

beach bum

RyanLR

What a big game! Obviously I don't think that Arky gets another shutout this week. The question here becomes can Nashville stop the Badgers?

scrapman

Quote from: RyanLR on September 16, 2017, 06:15:52 pm
What a big game! Obviously I don't think that Arky gets another shutout this week. The question here becomes can Nashville stop the Badgers?
I agree. This will probably determine the outcome. We have put up a ton of points on Arky the last couple years. It is hard to hold someone to 0 in this age of football.  This one will be interesting.

cuckoobird

scrapman

cuckoobird

More than likely way worse unless Nashville can somehow find a defense between now and Friday. Dequeen is no where near as talented or good as Arkie

THE D.O.C

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2017, 11:35:39 am
More than likely way worse unless Nashville can somehow find a defense between now and Friday. Dequeen is no where near as talented or good as Arkie
Arkadelphia's defenders all systematically fly to the ball like the Denver Broncos, good luck Nashville

Str8thug

Im going 42-28 Arkadelphia.  Badgers at home, Nashville will struggle with hatley.  Qb is pretty good at keeping the D honest.  Badger D is tough, but the shutouts end this week.

Mr. Mercer

Excited about this one! Get to see what Arkadelphia is all about. Stuttgart blew some opportunities Week 1 to really make that a game and the other two opponents aren't very good at all so this should give the rest of 4A a good gauge on what Arkadelphia is all about. Will also let us know if the Dequeen was just a hiccup by the Scrappers

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on September 18, 2017, 01:16:05 pm
Excited about this one! Get to see what Arkadelphia is all about. Stuttgart blew some opportunities Week 1 to really make that a game and the other two opponents aren't very good at all so this should give the rest of 4A a good gauge on what Arkadelphia is all about. Will also let us know if the Dequeen was just a hiccup by the Scrappers

This is true. Stuttgart had the ball inside the 5 twice and fumbled, then missed a FG. The Badgers running game got on track big time in the 2nd half when the defense wore down and it sounds like their passing game has come around the last 2 weeks. I think they can score 30-35 points this week, but I think nashville may get some points as well. Just not nearly enough.

STUNNA

Nashville sounds down... Arkadelphia might be able to win this one.

KOJACK

OLDSCHOOL82

richboy

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 18, 2017, 01:28:27 pm
This is true. Stuttgart had the ball inside the 5 twice and fumbled, then missed a FG. The Badgers running game got on track big time in the 2nd half when the defense wore down and it sounds like their passing game has come around the last 2 weeks. I think they can score 30-35 points this week, but I think nashville may get some points as well. Just not nearly enough.

Correct Stuttgart got inside the badger 10 twice, and came away with 0 points. But, they got there due to two badger fumbles inside their own 10; Stuttgart did not drive the field to get there.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hogfan10 on September 18, 2017, 01:59:38 pm
Correct Stuttgart got inside the badger 10 twice, and came away with 0 points. But, they got there due to two badger fumbles inside their own 10; Stuttgart did not drive the field to get there.

Correct. That's why I wasn't as impressed with the Badger offense as I was with the defense that night. They've gotten it together the last 2 weeks apparently.

Mr. Mercer

The past two opponents help with "getting it together". Stuttgart had some guys open down field or in one on one matchups and just did t make plays. Have to against an aggressive attacking Arkadelphia team

Marblehog

I think this one could get ugly.  I hear Pettway is back for Nashville.  Without him there would have been no playoffs.  Still might not be. 

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 18, 2017, 02:15:04 pm
Correct. That's why I wasn't as impressed with the Badger offense as I was with the defense that night. They've gotten it together the last 2 weeks apparently.

Agree in that game, the defenses were way ahead of the offenses (for both teams). Each team kept shooting themselves in the foot the first half, Arkadelphia's offense managed to clean it up some in the second half.

SCRAPYARD

Arkadelphia should win this game, but I bet it won't be a shut out. Any takers?

Mike Bonds

Game of the week in this classification. I like Arkadelphia in a great game.

scrapman

Quote from: THE D.O.C on September 18, 2017, 12:03:19 pm
Arkadelphia's defenders all systematically fly to the ball like the Denver Broncos, good luck Nashville
Wow...the broncos, that good huh. Not the 85 bears

cuckoobird

I don't think it will be a shut out but I wouldn't rule out a sportsmanship rule taking effect

arklasports57

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on September 18, 2017, 08:50:21 pm
Arkadelphia should win this game, but I bet it won't be a shut out. Any takers?

I never count Nashville out.  And the team shouldn't either.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2017, 09:33:03 pm
I don't think it will be a shut out but I wouldn't rule out a sportsmanship rule taking effect
That won't happen either

THE D.O.C

Quote from: scrapman on September 18, 2017, 09:02:54 pm
Wow...the broncos, that good huh. Not the 85 bears
No the 2017 Bronco's who smashed the Cowboys

Oldbadger

I predict a close game with each team scoring more than four TDs.  I give the nod to the Badgers.

scrapman

Quote from: THE D.O.C on September 18, 2017, 09:59:43 pm
No the 2017 Bronco's who smashed the Cowboys
And... Who are the Cowboys? You act like they're supposed to be good or something. They have like two playoff wins in 20 years.

richboy

It's about that time for some badger football 😈

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

September 22, 2017, 11:44:59 am #36 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:47:13 am by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48
As much as I respect Nasvhille, and make no bones about it, this Lumberjack supporter truly respects the Scrappers and what they've accomplished--that said, I really feel that this one could get out of hand on them.  Arkadelphia has the athletes and the offensive system to really attack Nashville at its weakest points.

I know the Scappers can score and I do think they'll finally break the Badgers season shutout they've got going but unless Nashville has miraculously found a defense this week in practice I can't see them even being able to keep pace with Badgers.  It only helps Arkadelphia that this game is on their home turf this season, but even if it was on The Hill, I don't know if it would help the Scrappers.  I think the Badgers win by 4 scores, and maybe even more.

Next year Scrappers, next year!

-Kyle

Marblehog

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on September 22, 2017, 11:44:59 am
As much as I respect Nasvhille, and make no bones about it, this Lumberjack supporter truly respects the Scrappers and what they've accomplished--that said, I really feel that this one could get out of hand on them.  Arkadelphia has the athletes and the offensive system to really attack Nashville at its weakest points.

I know the Scappers can score and I do think they'll finally break the Badgers season shutout they've got going but unless Nashville has miraculously found a defense this week in practice I can't see them even being able to keep pace with Badgers.  It only helps Arkadelphia that this game is on their home turf this season, but even if it was on The Hill, I don't know if it would help the Scrappers.  I think the Badgers win by 4 scores, and maybe even more.

-Kyle
Next year?  They will be losing their 3 best players

Marblehog

Excuse me 4 best players.  I forgot about Potter(the miracle transfer from Hope) is a senior.  Man I can't imagine how bad the defense would be without him

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: Marblehog on September 22, 2017, 12:46:30 pm
Excuse me 4 best players.  I forgot about Potter(the miracle transfer from Hope) is a senior.  Man I can't imagine how bad the defense would be without him
Replacing players at the skill position has never been a big issue in Nashville. That's the easy part. It's replacing the oline and dline that hurts.

Top Shelf

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on September 22, 2017, 11:44:59 am

-Kyle

This Arkadelphia class has never beaten Nashville- and now all the sudden they are some kind of juggernaut, elite team that is being picked to win by 4 td's?  c'mon man

Marblehog

Quote from: Top Shelf on September 22, 2017, 01:21:21 pm
This Arkadelphia class has never beaten Nashville- and now all the sudden they are some kind of juggernaut, elite team that is being picked to win by 4 td's?  c'mon man
Just look at the eye test man.  Other than Pettway Nashville doesnt pass it.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Marblehog on September 22, 2017, 01:28:46 pm
Just look at the eye test man.  Other than Pettway Nashville doesnt pass it.
to that point- Pea Ridge did not pass they eye test last year..  That's why they play

Marblehog

Quote from: Top Shelf on September 22, 2017, 01:35:13 pm
to that point- Pea Ridge did not pass they eye test last year..  That's why they play
False.  They had strong kids that looked the part

News Flash, what the last three Nashville teams have done does not have an effect on tonight's outcome.  Monticello had lost to Warren for 7 straight seasons but guess what, 2009 rolled around and the Billies had the better team and absolutely skull drug Warren around the field.  Monticello hasn't beat us since either, but for that season, they had the better team and it showed.

I expect that to happen this year.  I'm man enough to admit if I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.  Arkadelphia, despite the fact their opponents are a combined 1-9 has at least taken care of business so far this season, Nashville has not.  Badgers win tonight.

-Kyle

richboy

lol he upset 🙄 I hope arky mercy rules Nashville. Just to shut ya up.

Top Shelf

-Kyle
They really didn't have much of a defense last year either (gave up a program record 28 ppg) but still won an outright conference title.

Top Shelf

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on September 22, 2017, 01:39:07 pm
News Flash, what the last three Nashville teams have done does not have an effect on tonight's outcome.  Monticello had lost to Warren for 7 straight seasons but guess what, 2009 rolled around and the Billies had the better team and absolutely skull drug Warren around the field.  Monticello hasn't beat us since either, but for that season, they had the better team and it showed.

I expect that to happen this year.  I'm man enough to admit if I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.  Arkadelphia, despite the fact their opponents are a combined 1-9 has at least taken care of business so far this season, Nashville has not.  Badgers win tonight.

-Kyle
I am not talking about the last 3 classes- I am talking about this senior class. 
True enough, Nashville did not prepare for a team they had beaten 24 out of the last 27 meetings and it cost them.  I think it did more good than harm.

Top Shelf

Quote from: richboy on September 22, 2017, 01:40:04 pm
lol he upset 🙄 I hope arky mercy rules Nashville. Just to shut ya up.
Id hope for something a little more realistic if I were you.. Nashville has never been mercy ruled by a conference opponent.

Quote from: Top Shelf on September 22, 2017, 01:46:02 pm
I am not talking about the last 3 classes- I am talking about this senior class. 
True enough, Nashville did not prepare for a team they had beaten 24 out of the last 27 meetings and it cost them.  I think it did more good than harm.

I understand, and it was the same for Warren that year.  That Monticello senior class had no success against Warren, not even in Junior High I believe, so it truly came down to them being the more talented, better prepared and more emotionally invested team that night.  They came out and whipped Warren like they hadn't been whipped in a while.  I would say it helped Warren the remainder of the season but they ended up going 7-5 that year.  However, it did refocus the Jacks when it came to playing Monticello in the future.  Never took them lightly again, and the Billies haven't fielded a team nearly as talented as that since.

I think if there was ever a season that Nashville would struggle in conference, it's this season.  Arkadelphia, Pualski Robinson and Ashdown all look strong.  I don't know if the Scrappers will lose to all of them, but I think there is a higher chance that they would go 0-3 as opposed to beating all 3 of them.  Again, it's my opinion and if they push through to win another 7-4A title, I'll be the first to sincerely congratulate them.  It just doesn't seem like "their season" this year.  I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

-Kyle

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas