• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad officiating

Started by Redzone, September 16, 2017, 08:51:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redzone

Over the years where have you witnessed the worst officiating?
(in favor of the home team)

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Redzone on September 16, 2017, 08:51:43 am

Barton.

Lions84

Quote from: Redzone on September 16, 2017, 08:51:43 am

It pretty bad even when you win!

FoxandHound34

Redzone

Dierks and Fouke are two I've witnessed many times.

Old Scrapper

Worst I've ever witnessed was in Elaine before the school consolidated.

mr.gametime

Hands down the worst i have seen...they don't even try to hide the fact they want the home team to win...lol

WALNUT RIDGE...if you play them there you better blow them out.

BO_KNOWS

mr.gametime

Proud Buckaroo

When are you going to learn, Bo? Those flags were legit.

bdubyab60

At every game played on Thursdays and Fridays.

But yeah Walnut Ridge is bad

Hawgpilot

Barton, back in 1990.  DeWitt had them beat which would have ended their winning streak.  TD called back at then end of the game.

sickwillie

Bearden_Bear72

bdubyab60

Anyone ever had an illegal waving of the hand called.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 16, 2017, 11:21:59 am
Anyone ever had an illegal waving of the hand called.

Only when the middle finger was involved.   :)

bdubyab60

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 16, 2017, 11:33:49 am
Only when the middle finger was involved.   :)
Lol. But we actually had that called at one of our games this year. Plus refs unable to make a completion/incomplete pass call correctly.

Risonwildcat212

September 16, 2017, 12:12:01 pm #18 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:41:22 pm by Risonwildcat212
Altheimer.  In a state championship season when Rison was rolling everybody not named Junction City, the cats got out to a very quick 17-0 lead, then every score after that was called back. The refs threw all of our coaches and even our cheerleaders off the sideline. Coach Totty sat in the bleachers and told the fans "they're not gonna let us score again". Found out later from AAA that no crews would go to Altheimer so they were allowed to use community members or school officals. Same thing happened to Charleston the previous year at Altheimer in the playoffs.

PapaHog

gooze55

ALL OF THE OFFICIAL N THE 2A SUCK BAD..........

XFalkonz

I have been coaching for 20 years...every year it seems to get worse...when you have to quote the rule book to an official chapter and verse because they don't know the rules then we have problems. Not all officials are bad. Most of them are doing it for the right reasons. But we are seeing a new crop of officials that believe that it is their job to throw flags because that is what is expected of them. There are enough obvious penalties in every game that there is no reason to search out penalties. Being in position would help. I could list a whole group of crews that I know that are just bad but what good does that do? I have felt that officials were inept but only a couple times have I felt cheated and last night was one of those.

stuck in between

Possibly the worse I ever witnessed was at Genoa vs. Camden Harmony Grove in 2015. In no way was it favorable to either team just a horrible job all the way around. Missed calls, wrong calls, too many calls, made up calls, wrong yardage walk offs, you name it. Then every time a call was made they would have to have a five minute discussion to decide what and who to call it on even if it was just a holding call. No team could walk away saying they were cheated, but the school that paid them that night sure did. Pretty bad indeed

Rulesman

Hornet4ever

Mountainburg, hands down.

Don't know if the Burg has anything to do with it, or they just have a bad wrap when it comes to it.

Mac Town dad

Dr. Defense

big E

Quote from: Mac Town dad on September 16, 2017, 09:56:24 pm
lol Palestine Wheatley hands down
Blame mr. Crawford the conference assigner for that they send us crap officials. We had one official throw a flag and his hat and then forgot what the flag or the hat was for so they called holding and we were on defence.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on September 16, 2017, 12:12:01 pm
Altheimer.  In a state championship season when Rison was rolling everybody not named Junction City, the cats got out to a very quick 17-0 lead, then every score after that was called back. The refs threw all of our coaches and even our cheerleaders off the sideline. Coach Totty sat in the bleachers and told the fans "they're not gonna let us score again". Found out later from AAA that no crews would go to Altheimer so they were allowed to use community members or school officals. Same thing happened to Charleston the previous year at Altheimer in the playoffs.

dawg_days

Big Cat Daddy

BlueCrew4U

Rison...... wonder how much extra it cost them to get that turf tailored for that sketchy sideline chain they have?  always a few links to the good for them and a few links to the bad for whoever they are playing... :P

Wildman

Springhill Friday night. Awful. Definitely for home team.

big E

Maybe it's because the refs at Rison fear for their lives. Kinda hostile in Rison.

bearbacker52

Altheimer.  In a state championship season when Rison was rolling everybody not named Junction City, the cats got out to a very quick 17-0 lead, then every score after that was called back. The refs threw all of our coaches and even our cheerleaders off the sideline. Coach Toddy sat in the bleachers and told the fans "they're not gonna let us score again". Found out later from AAA that no crews would go to Altheimer so they were allowed to use community members or school officals. Same thing happened to Charleston the previous year at Altheimer in the playoffs.
another aaa failure

jbtiger73

What about worst when any of you were playing? I know mine was definitely Lonoke, hands down. And Marianna was a very close second.

big E

Elaine,  Marvell, Holly Grove. Cotton plant.

littleman

WonderWartHawg

I was going to say 'at Altheimer.'  It was an insane clown posse with yellow flags.

big E

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Lions84

Quote from: big E on September 18, 2017, 04:08:16 pm
Elaine,  Marvell, Holly Grove. Cotton plant.

Your like me we have gotten OLD.
Holly Grove last played FB in 1986

BlueCrew4U

Those who where there would probably now say PC last Friday.
Awful.... so caught up in personal fouls that they completely forgot to officiate the actual football game.

baseball13

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 26, 2017, 11:03:34 am
Those who where there would probably now say PC last Friday.
Awful.... so caught up in personal fouls that they completely forgot to officiate the actual football game.

I wasn't going to start anything about it but since you brought it up, PC has terrible officiating.

Rida4Life

Quote from: baseball13 on September 26, 2017, 11:22:01 am
I wasn't going to start anything about it but since you brought it up, PC has terrible officiating.

They don't usually have the same refs.  I heard that the previous HC didn't do contracts last year and so the new staff had to scramble to find refs to fill dates this year.  I doubt that bunch will be back based on what I saw Friday night.

baseball13

I hope for the sake of the PC kids and the other teams kids they don't ref another game ever.

trojanman

dawgpound

The late whistle was really bothering me bc I just knew someone was about to get hurt

threepeoplematter

Quote from: Rulesman on September 16, 2017, 05:12:34 pm
...from the bleachers.  ;D

Glad we don't have flags up there.   ;D

old.dole

I agree on the whistles. Sets kids up to get hit late after other whistles because they are getting used to being able to later than they should

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas