• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top conference and picks to make it to the Rock

Started by dukes424, September 12, 2017, 11:59:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

richboy

September 16, 2017, 07:54:22 pm #50 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:57:22 pm by richboy
Quote from: nastynice on September 16, 2017, 07:32:59 pm
Are you kidding me? Lolololol........So you think a kid in 10th grade doesn't get any better with age?  Yes, yes he can  you'll say. Then why the heck would a kid in 12th grade not get any better as the season goes along?  The more reps, the better they get....Especially at QB!.....Most ALL QBs in high school get better as the year goes on, dang dude everybody knows that!
I guess we're talking to the kids that didn't pay attention in class.. He said them exact words.  You highlighted it. IF HE ISN'T AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME AFTER ALL SUMMER AND THREE GAMES HE WON'T IMPROVE MUCH. he put it in the real words you need to hear. As in he wont improve AS MUCH as your hoping for this year, sorry. Maybe next year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I've seen QB's get better after making it to the playoffs so saying a young man won't get better as the season progresses is asinine!!!

Lumberjackfan1978

The Jacks will be fine come playoff time they always are

arklasports57

Quote from: LJ06 on September 16, 2017, 03:10:33 pm
Come make another trip to Warren. Wasn't so pleasant the first time for you guys inside or outside of the gates
;D

I'd love to make another trip but too early in the season to start planning that far ahead.  So far, two pretty solid teams.

Oldbadger

Sorry Dude, you got the wrong person.  I have never been to Warren's football stadium.  Have been to Warren however, and the people, well most anyway, were very nice and pleasant and didn't get all bent out of shape because someone doubts the QB of their football team will get MUCH better.  If he's not on his game by now, he's a slow learner.  Although my moniker might lead you to believe I was with the Badgers the night of which you speak, I was actually cheering for another 4A team in NW Arkansas. I am actually now following the Badgers and have seen them play.  I am actually looking forward to seeing them play you.  I would love for you to play in the 7-4A so you could get some real experience playing some real teams.  Anyone who wins that conference deserves to be in the finals.  I truly think the Badgers have a good chance to do that.  But having to go through Nashville, Robinson and Ashdown is a chore.  I'm sure you wouldn't relish that chance.  If your QB is a senior, you can't expect much improvement.  If he's a soph he better learn fast because he's going to be thrown into the fire come playoff's.  Anyway, don't get your panties in a wad.  Like I say, I don't know your team.  I'm just questioning your reasoning.  And, as I said before, the proof is in the pudding (I mean playoffs).  See you then, I will promise you that.  I truly believe you will have the opportunity to test the Badgers mettle. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 16, 2017, 11:01:44 pm
Sorry Dude, you got the wrong person.  I have never been to Warren's football stadium.  Have been to Warren however, and the people, well most anyway, were very nice and pleasant and didn't get all bent out of shape because someone doubts the QB of their football team will get MUCH better.  If he's not on his game by now, he's a slow learner.  Although my moniker might lead you to believe I was with the Badgers the night of which you speak, I was actually cheering for another 4A team in NW Arkansas. I am actually now following the Badgers and have seen them play.  I am actually looking forward to seeing them play you.  I would love for you to play in the 7-4A so you could get some real experience playing some real teams.  Anyone who wins that conference deserves to be in the finals.  I truly think the Badgers have a good chance to do that.  But having to go through Nashville, Robinson and Ashdown is a chore.  I'm sure you wouldn't relish that chance.  If your QB is a senior, you can't expect much improvement.  If he's a soph he better learn fast because he's going to be thrown into the fire come playoff's.  Anyway, don't get your panties in a wad.  Like I say, I don't know your team.  I'm just questioning your reasoning.  And, as I said before, the proof is in the pudding (I mean playoffs).  See you then, I will promise you that.  I truly believe you will have the opportunity to test the Badgers mettle. 

Oldbadger

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on September 16, 2017, 07:19:48 pm
Hahahaha.

Try to win your conference first before you start yapping.

Well, unfortunately we can't all play in a 1 team conference. But, I think the Badgers won the 7-4A maybe 4/5 years back. Back to back, I think.

STUNNA

Lol.. 7-4a/8-4a are both one team conferences.. lol... the rest are hoping for down years..

STUNNA

richboy

September 17, 2017, 04:13:24 pm #61 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:23:29 pm by richboy
Quote from: STUNNA on September 17, 2017, 04:00:41 pm
Any playoff success from anyone other than Nashville??
yes. 2011 3 7-4 teams left in quarters nashville, Malvern, and Pulaski academy, and 2 in the championship Pulaski academy and Malvern. (Malvern put Nashville out in the quarters. 2012 nashville was the only to make it to the quarters. 2013 arky was the only 7-4 team to make it to quarters. 2014 their were 4 7-4 teams left in the quarters, mena, malvern, Nashville and arky, 2 left in the finals four, Malvern and Mena and 1 in  championship mena. 2015 arky and Nashville In final 4, 2016 Robinson was the only 7-4 team to make it to the quarters

STUNNA

Quote from: richboy on September 17, 2017, 04:13:24 pm
yes. 2013 arky was the only 7-4 team to make it to quarters. 2014 their were 4 7-4 teams left in the quarters, mena, malvern, Nashville and arky, 2 left in the finals four, Malvern and Mena and 1 in  championship mena. 2015 arky and Nashville In final 4, 2016 Robinson was the only 7-4 team to make it to the quarters

Very very impressive!!! Any title appearances from anyone besides the king of the conference??

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on September 17, 2017, 04:20:39 pm
Very very impressive!!! Any title appearances from anyone besides the king of the conference??

Mena in 2014

richboy

yes sorry I had to update it so accuracy. It's including now

jimbojack

AirWarren

All hail the mighty 2nd, 3rd, and 4th placers of the 7-4a.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on September 17, 2017, 07:44:58 pm
All hail the mighty 2nd, 3rd, and 4th placers of the 7-4a.

Was kinda thinking the same thing.. lol

FBfan79

Lumberjackfan1978

richboy

STUNNA

Quote from: FBfan79 on September 17, 2017, 08:58:02 pm
In the 7-4A, it just means.... more.

More disappointment for teams not named Nashville?

Gray lizard

Quote from: 3 Dollar on September 15, 2017, 08:21:51 pm
how's that long shot working for ya?

Not going to happen. But the question I had was answered.

richboy

September 18, 2017, 08:22:07 am #73 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:23:45 am by richboy
Quote from: STUNNA on September 18, 2017, 06:36:54 am
More disappointment for teams not named Nashville?
the 7-4 is like the sec of 4a lol but okay how far does the 8-4 go in the playoffs every year. I'll wait 😅 take as long as you need to discover competition other than warren 😴

AirWarren

Quote from: richboy on September 18, 2017, 08:22:07 am
the 7-4 is like the sec of 4a lol but okay how far does the 8-4 go in the playoffs every year. I'll wait 😅 take as long as you need to discover competition other than warren 😴

The state title comes through Warren and Nashville.

Arkadelphia and the rest of them are just fart fumes.

STUNNA

Quote from: richboy on September 18, 2017, 08:22:07 am

lol I admitted that the 84a/74a are one team conferences...

Oldbadger

I will be surprised if either Nashville or Warren are in War Memorial this year unless it's to see two 7-4A teams play for the championship.  I would never make that statement in years past, but this year, I will.

AirWarren

Lj predicted last year that arkadelphia was going to field a "decent" team this year. And it would be 2013 all over again.

Looks like that's coming to fruition.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 18, 2017, 02:17:15 pm
Lj predicted last year that arkadelphia was going to field a "decent" team this year. And it would be 2013 all over again.

Looks like that's coming to fruition.

Oddly enough, yes it does.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas