• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top conference and picks to make it to the Rock

Started by dukes424, September 12, 2017, 11:59:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dukes424

At this point after 2 weeks I would say 7-4a slight edge over the 1-4a and 8-4a. My picks as of now would be The Ridge meeting Arky at the Rock. Lotta ball left is there a Cinderella that's gonna make it to semis or state on anybody's list?

beach bum

Quote from: dukes424 on September 12, 2017, 11:59:34 am
At this point after 2 weeks I would say 7-4a slight edge over the 1-4a and 8-4a. My picks as of now would be The Ridge meeting Arky at the Rock. Lotta ball left is there a Cinderella that's gonna make it to semis or state on anybody's list?

The only way Pea Ridge gets to Little Rock is if they decide Warren, Prairie Grove, and Arkadelphia are all on the same side of the bracket like last year when Robinson, Warren, and Prairie Grove were on the same side. They need to stop letting the 4th or 5th best team get into the final. Throw in Stuttgart, they would have beat Pea Ridge last year too.

dukes424

I knew that would draw some people out lol that's your opinion the Machine or Pg wouldn't have beaten the Ridge at the end of the season last year .  Pg peaked to early and well the Machine was not a Machine. Nashville would have beat Pg by 20 last year as well in the playoffs pg just simply didn't have the athletes to match up that's why they got down to Warren so fast. A good system can only take you so far in the end you have to have athletes this is the reason why the south usually wins the championships they simply have better athletes on an average however that's not the case this year.

LJ06

Quote from: dukes424 on September 12, 2017, 12:16:59 pm
I knew that would draw some people out lol that's your opinion the Machine or Pg wouldn't have beaten the Ridge at the end of the season last year .  Pg peaked to early and well the Machine was not a Machine. Nashville would have beat Pg by 20 last year as well in the playoffs pg just simply didn't have the athletes to match up that's why they got down to Warren so fast. A good system can only take you so far in the end you have to have athletes this is the reason why the south usually wins the championships they simply have better athletes on an average however that's not the case this year.

It's been a while since ive seen as big of a mismatch in the secondary as I saw in Warren vs Prairie Grove.

soccerman

I think PR has a good chance but i don't think they can make it all the way. Arky has a good chance, but so does Robinson, Warren, and Stuttgart. I think the post-season could be an interesting one

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 12, 2017, 12:36:39 pm
It's been a while since ive seen as big of a mismatch in the secondary as I saw in Warren vs Prairie Grove.

Our secondary mismatch vs Robinson was pretty impressive. Swoboda and crew towered over us.

Gray lizard

I think State will go North of the Arkansas River this year.

beach bum

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 12, 2017, 12:50:39 pm
I think State will go North of the Arkansas River this year.

I disagree..... Pea Ridge thinks they are world beaters, but they'll lose again to Prairie Grove. Then that brings me to Prairie Grove. They are good again, but not state title good. They'll lose anywhere from the quarterfinals to state title game depending on the draw. There is a big difference between being really good and then good enough to win the whole thing. Right now, Arkadelphia and if Warren gels look a cut above. Its going to stay in the south.

SUGARTOWN

7-4A has 3 that can make the final IMO:
Robinson - may have enough athletes and talent to overcome the coaching
Arkadelphia - defense looks stellar so far, passing needs to improve
Ashdown - may just be able to out athlete everybody, past playoff failure gives me pause however

1-4A has 2 with finals potential:
Pea Ridge - playoff experience from last year, very good skill players
Prairie Grove - if they're on the right side of the bracket, not sure they're as good as last year

8-4A only has 1:
Warren - offense needs much improvement, 8-4A conf. champs again though, other 8-4A schools still scared of them.

Booneville may have an outside shot as well. At this point in the season Stuttgart is not a threat and no one in the 3-4A is either. Maybe someone will step up mid-season and be a contender, it's still very early, the playoffs are a long ways off, but that's my assessment so far...

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 12, 2017, 01:10:10 pm
Ashdown - may just be able to out athlete everybody, past playoff failure gives me pause however

Prairie Grove - if they're on the right side of the bracket, not sure they're as good as last year

8-4A only has 1:
Warren - offense needs much improvement, 8-4A conf. champs again though, other 8-4A schools still scared of them.

Booneville may have an outside shot as well. At this point in the season Stuttgart is not a threat and no one in the 3-4A is either. Maybe someone will step up mid-season and be a contender, it's still very early, the playoffs are a long ways off, but that's my assessment so far...

This assessment is spot on....

Jack1990

8-4A only has 1:

Great analysis as always ST. 

dukes424

8-4A only has 1:

Nice Eval - Agree on Booneville if they had a couple speed skill guys they would be crazy good.

beach bum

I think with PG that they are by a very small margin not quite as good as last year. Their RB and FB run hard as always and the OL/DL has its usual grit..... #23 will be the wild card. If he starts offensively doing what the big TE did 2 years ago then that is the only way PG stays as good. They might not be quite able to win a state title, but they'll still grind out a win against Pea Ridge.

prHOG13

Stay cute as always beach bum. Make sure to head on down to daddy cuck to console you after PG loses to PR

richboy

8-4A only has 1:

+1 but you don't need a high power offense to wins games as long as the offense can score it's up to the defense to hold that offense off the field. 'Defense wins games' Alabama's your prime example. Most years their defense is phenomenal.

Gray lizard

I got my eye on a long shot.  Will know a lot more after this week.  If the defensive secondary can do their job this week.  They just might have a shot. They have a stable full of running backs. They can even kick an extra point this year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Is everyone believing the the talent pool is down in 4A this year or is it just slightly more spread out evenly over conferences?

Sportshawk

Quote from: beach bum on September 12, 2017, 12:04:16 pm
The only way Pea Ridge gets to Little Rock is if they decide Warren, Prairie Grove, and Arkadelphia are all on the same side of the bracket like last year when Robinson, Warren, and Prairie Grove were on the same side. They need to stop letting the 4th or 5th best team get into the final. Throw in Stuttgart, they would have beat Pea Ridge last year too.
Hmmm....Unless I am mistaken "they" don't decide which teams go into which brackets.  It's a drawn up bracket which teams gain their respective berths via how they finish in their district standings. They can't "stop letting the 4th or 5th best team get into the final", because "they" have no say on who goes to the finals.  The two teams in the final are the ones who go 4-0 (or 3-0 sometimes) in bracket play leading to the finals.  Historically, the Hawks are 1-0 vs both Arkadelphia and Robinson, and are 1-1 vs Nashville with the Pea Ridge victory a lopsided one in 2016 with the Scrappers ranked as the #1 team at the time (at Nashville).

Having said all that, I believe that Arkadelphia has the horses and the chance to win it all this year, and I do think they will win the 4A-7.  Warren is Warren, never ever bad.  Prairie Grove is also never bad, and has never lost to Pea Ridge on the Blackhawks home field.  The Pea Ridge/Prairie Grove game in week #7 may show us which team of the two is the best contender this year.  Ashdown is another team with great upsides.

Whoever makes the final game won't be selected.  They will have earned it, whomever it may be.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 14, 2017, 08:41:20 pm
Hmmm....Unless I am mistaken "they" don't decide which teams go into which brackets.  It's a drawn up bracket which teams gain their respective berths via how they finish in their district standings. They can't "stop letting the 4th or 5th best team get into the final", because "they" have no say on who goes to the finals.  The two teams in the final are the ones who go 4-0 (or 3-0 sometimes) in bracket play leading to the finals.  Historically, the Hawks are 1-0 vs both Arkadelphia and Robinson, and are 1-1 vs Nashville with the Pea Ridge victory a lopsided one in 2016 with the Scrappers ranked as the #1 team at the time (at Nashville).

Having said all that, I believe that Arkadelphia has the horses and the chance to win it all this year, and I do think they will win the 4A-7.  Warren is Warren, never ever bad.  Prairie Grove is also never bad, and has never lost to Pea Ridge on the Blackhawks home field.  The Pea Ridge/Prairie Grove game in week #7 may show us which team of the two is the best contender this year.  Ashdown is another team with great upsides.

Whoever makes the final game won't be selected.  They will have earned it, whomever it may be.
Mostly, I think he meant sometimes the top 4 or 5 teams are on the same side of the bracket like last year

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 15, 2017, 01:41:34 pm
Mostly, I think he meant sometimes the top 4 or 5 teams are on the same side of the bracket like last year

They have even more posters from Pea Ridge?? This one seems the most confused of them all....

3 Dollar

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 13, 2017, 08:08:24 am
I got my eye on a long shot.  Will know a lot more after this week.  If the defensive secondary can do their job this week.  They just might have a shot. They have a stable full of running backs. They can even kick an extra point this year.

how's that long shot working for ya?

jimbojack

After week 3, my top 5:
1. Arkadelphia
2. Warren
3. Pulaski Robinson
4. Stuttgart
5. Pea Ridge

prHOG13

Quote from: jimbojack on September 15, 2017, 10:14:40 pm
After week 3, my top 5:
1. Arkadelphia
2. Warren
3. Pulaski Robinson
4. Stuttgart
5. Pea Ridge
lol at Stuttgart in the top 5

beach bum

The crown is going to someone in the 7-4A..... Arkadelphia and I can't believe we are saying this but ASHDOWN seems legit and not just hype. Robinson with a tiny outside shot. The Pea Ridge people aren't capable of being non biased so they'll claim they can win it but they have no shot along with Prairie Grove just doesn't have the offensive firepower. The 7-4A looks like he has returned as king of 4A. Warren is so confusing right now. Is this something they will eventually sort out?

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 15, 2017, 10:16:58 pm
lol at Stuttgart in the top 5

Pea Ridge shouldn't be there either.... Ignore the Pea Ridge people as they have homer glasses on at all times.

1.Arkadelphia
2.Ashdown
3.Robinson
4.Warren
5.Stuttgart
6.Prairie Grove
7.Pea Ridge

prHOG13

I said last year and before the season that Arkadelphia was going to be a title contender. I think they are the team to beat right now and would have them #1. I'd like to see Robinson play someone decent before putting them as a contender. Ashdown as always has the athletes, we'll see if they can keep it up and not flop in round 1.

LJ06

Quote from: beach bum on September 15, 2017, 10:19:06 pm
The crown is going to someone in the 7-4A..... Arkadelphia and I can't believe we are saying this but ASHDOWN seems legit and not just hype. Robinson with a tiny outside shot. The Pea Ridge people aren't capable of being non biased so they'll claim they can win it but they have no shot along with Prairie Grove just doesn't have the offensive firepower. The 7-4A looks like he has returned as king of 4A. Warren is so confusing right now. Is this something they will eventually sort out?

Warren should be cruising by the end of the season. Defense is actually pretty stout especially against the run. Offense still need some work, but is improving.

beach bum

Quote from: LJ06 on September 15, 2017, 10:25:40 pm
Warren should be cruising by the end of the season. Defense is actually pretty stout especially against the run. Offense still need some work, but is improving.

That is what I was thinking that the defense is strong.... LR Christian is scoring points in bunches on literally everyone in their path so not much stock can be put into that first Warren game. The last two outings have been nice defensive showings.

LJ06

Quote from: beach bum on September 15, 2017, 10:28:18 pm
That is what I was thinking that the defense is strong.... LR Christian is scoring points in bunches on literally everyone in their path so not much stock can be put into that first Warren game. The last two outings have been nice defensive showings.

Yeah Warren did play well for the most part defensively against LRCA in the first half only allowing two scores and having the lead. The 'Jacks just wore down in the second half and couldn't recover. Plus we were not prepared at all for Hill to play QB. Tells you how well Warren played LRCA. They had to switch QBs to get the offense going.

iivydriff

8-4A only has 1:

[/

I think this is spot on. in the 1-4a pea Ridge and PG should be in the top two spots. But Shiloh doesn't need to be overlooked.

SUGARTOWN

Another impressive win for Arkadelphia. I was pretty hard on the Ricebirds after week 1, but they just may have been playing the best team in 4A. They'll get a test next week against Nashville, but the defense has let to allow a point, I think they win this one comfortably.

Robinson has essentially had 2 bye weeks against CAC and B. Prep, but they'll get some competition soon enough when conference play starts.

Ashdown also appears to be firing on all cylinders now, another tough 7-4A team.

Those 3 may be the best in 4A at this point, followed by Pea Ridge, and Prairie Grove. Warren has the benefit of playing in a weak conference so they have 7 weeks now to get the kinks worked out before they'll see any competition. Also, don't sleep on Booneville...

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

September 16, 2017, 10:29:14 am #31 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:30:50 am by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 16, 2017, 09:53:57 am
Another impressive win for Arkadelphia. I was pretty hard on the Ricebirds after week 1, but they just may have been playing the best team in 4A. They'll get a test next week against Nashville, but the defense has let to allow a point, I think they win this one comfortably.

Robinson has essentially had 2 bye weeks against CAC and B. Prep, but they'll get some competition soon enough when conference play starts.

Ashdown also appears to be firing on all cylinders now, another tough 7-4A team.

Those 3 may be the best in 4A at this point, followed by Pea Ridge, and Prairie Grove. Warren has the benefit of playing in a weak conference so they have 7 weeks now to get the kinks worked out before they'll see any competition. Also, don't sleep on Booneville...

Couldn't agree more on Warren. Literally 7 weeks of conference play to tinker with things and get it all figured out. From what I've seen there might not be a single team in conference that can stay within 4 scores of the Jacks. This is the worst the 8-4A has been as long as I can remember. Even in years past when the conference was down there was at least a team, maybe 2 that could at least put up a fight with Warren but there doesn't appear to be a single one this season. Just bad football being played in SEARK, even the Jacks don't look in sync yet. Thank heavens for a solid defensive unit. That should be more than enough to carry them undefeated through conference. The 8-4A just seems void of talent on any team not wearing Orange and Black.

Here's to hoping it'll improve by next season. I don't see any team drastically improving this year. I am proud of Warren though. They dropped a back and forth contest with LRCA to open the season and we all know the Warriors are for real this season. Then they beat a good Stuttgart team and outlasted Watson Chapel (Jacks owned the 2nd half of that game, especially defensively). The Wildcats will likely at the least be a play-off team in 5A. I think if you asked any Lumberjack fan if they'd take 2-1 in non-conference they'd take that 100 out of 100 times. For a team that's having to figure out as much as Warren is, navigating that non-conference schedule with only one loss is a huge win. Jacks should enter the play-offs at 9-1 and will hopefully be a much more potent offensive team by early November.

-Kyle

STUNNA

If qb play and secondary play keep improving warren will be very very scary come playoff time. Not sure anyone in 4a will be able to run on Warren. And if Warren gets the qb play down they have the best set of skill guys in 4a.

SUGARTOWN

Only negative for Warren is sometimes you like to have a close game later in the season to get ready for the playoffs and it doesn't appear they will have that. The competition level will definitely step up from conference play in round 2 of the playoffs.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 16, 2017, 11:01:05 am
Only negative for Warren is sometimes you like to have a close game later in the season to get ready for the playoffs and it doesn't appear they will have that. The competition level will definitely step up from conference play in round 2 of the playoffs.

I completely agree. We used to get that with Hamburg and I thought we'd get it with Dollarway there at the end of the season but that hasn't panned out. The Lions are abysmal from what I've seen this season and I can't imagine they'll improve that dramatically by the time we play them. I think Warren will be ok though. I'd rather them figure things out offensively by the time the playoffs get here than have a tough test or two. If we can gel offensively and stay healthy, we'll round into typical Lumberjack shape by play-offs. Even with the offensive struggles displayed so far this season, Warren has the talent and the coaching to be a Final 4 team as is. I don't think there are 4 teams that are head and shoulders above Warren right now in all of 4A. There are some better teams, I can admit that, but the list is SHORT.

-Kyle

RZback

1-4A

Prairie Grove looks strong and physical as usual. I'd say they are #1 right now in the conference.
Shiloh I think is #2, able to score a lot of points and defense looks solid.
Pea Ridge is struggling.  Seem to have a problem getting started in games. Do have the weapons if they can get a full game.
Gravette looks to be the #4 and that's unsure because of their 1-2 record but look like they have the best win of the rest of the teams.
Huntsville at #5
Gentry at #6 because they can score points.
Lincoln and Berryville are about a draw right now. 7/8

richboy

September 16, 2017, 01:38:13 pm #36 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:45:52 pm by richboy
Quote from: STUNNA on September 16, 2017, 10:45:00 am
If qb play and secondary play keep improving warren will be very very scary come playoff time. Not sure anyone in 4a will be able to run on Warren. And if Warren gets the qb play down they have the best set of skill guys in 4a.
just LAST week y'all were saying warren won't be that good now that they win by 8 points to an Watson chapel team they could be deadly by the end of the season lol 😂

~WPS~

Quote from: richboy on September 16, 2017, 01:38:13 pm
just LAST week y'all were saying warren won't be that good now that they win by 8 points to an Watson chapel team they could be deadly by the end of the season lol 😂
Last week? They were saying they were abysmal just last night at halftime.

Bipolar Warren fans, a tradition unlike any other.

Sports Guru

It seems like Ashdown has a load of talent this year

STUNNA

Quote from: richboy on September 16, 2017, 01:38:13 pm

Once again if qb play gets better they will be a team that will make a run. Skill wise know one in 4A can match up. And all three teams warren has faced were pre season top 5 teams.. lol

Oldbadger

To start, I know nothing about Warren's team, save what the homer posters put on here.  However, I doubt the QB will get better.  If he isn't at the top of his game after all summer and three games, he won't improve much.  Second, you can't know that the skill players are the best in 4A without knowing about all other skill players in 4A. Third, we will know all this come playoff time.  We will really see how good the Jacks are. 

dawg_days

richboy

Quote from: STUNNA on September 16, 2017, 02:33:00 pm
Once again if qb play gets better they will be a team that will make a run. Skill wise know one in 4A can match up. And all three teams warren has faced were pre season top 5 teams.. lol
pre season polls are irrelevant. Stuttgart was a top 4 team in 4a and look at them now lol but like I said earlier atleast yall can win conference 🤘 warren Will not be truly tested until playoffs

STUNNA

Quote from: richboy on September 16, 2017, 02:40:38 pm
pre season polls are irrelevant. Stuttgart was a top 4 team in 4a and look at them now lol but like I said earlier atleast yall can win conference 🤘 warren Will not be truly tested until playoffs

Don't blow your wad early like you guys did in 2014.. lol.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 16, 2017, 02:39:28 pm
To start, I know nothing about Warren's team, save what the homer posters put on here.  However, I doubt the QB will get better.  If he isn't at the top of his game after all summer and three games, he won't improve much.  Second, you can't know that the skill players are the best in 4A without knowing about all other skill players in 4A. Third, we will know all this come playoff time.  We will really see how good the Jacks are. 

Come make another trip to Warren. Wasn't so pleasant the first time for you guys inside or outside of the gates
;D

footballfan-tastic

Got to agree with much of this.  Warren seems down on offense and they did give up a lot of points to LRCA. They do not have a win against a power at this point with Chapel and Stuttgart both only haveing a win apiece.  Like you said we will know come playoff time.

pinebluffzebra09

8-4A only has 1:

Dont follow 4A well but i do follow 8-4a and that is pretty accurate on that one.

AirWarren

Hahahaha.

Try to win your conference first before you start yapping.

nastynice

Are you kidding me? Lolololol........So you think a kid in 10th grade doesn't get any better with age?  Yes, yes he can  you'll say. Then why the heck would a kid in 12th grade not get any better as the season goes along?  The more reps, the better they get....Especially at QB!.....Most ALL QBs in high school get better as the year goes on, dang dude everybody knows that!

STUNNA

Quote from: nastynice on September 16, 2017, 07:32:59 pm
Are you kidding me? Lolololol........So you think a kid in 10th grade doesn't get any better with age?  Yes, yes he can  you'll say. Then why the heck would a kid in 12th grade not get any better as the season goes along?  The more reps, the better they get....Especially at QB!.....Most ALL QBs in high school get better as the year goes on, dang dude everybody knows that!

You're talking to a person that waited at a closed gate when their was an open one 40 yards away..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas