• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A Week 3

Started by The Ref, September 10, 2017, 09:54:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ref

Helena (2-0) vs Forrest City (1-1)               Mustangs by 14.

Batesville SS (2-0) vs Cross County (0-2)    Southerners by 40+, over by half.

Riverview (2-0) vs Bald Knob (1-1)              Raiders by 2 in a back & forth game.

Stuttgart (0-2)  vs  Dewitt (1-1)                  Ricebirds by 20, Dragons keep it close in the 1st half.

Heber Springs (0-2) vs Harding Academy (2-0)  Panthers by 1 in a thriller.

CAC (0-2)  vs Clinton (2-0)                          Jackets by 24.

AR Baptist  (0-2)  vs LR Robinson (2-0)        Robinson by 54, mercy rule by half.

Lonoke (1-1)  vs Newport  (2-0)                   Newport by 21, hounds are clicking on both sides of the ball.

RoadWarrior

September 10, 2017, 02:02:11 pm #1 Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:03:45 pm by RoadWarrior
Helena by 8
Batesville SS mercy rules Cross County.
Riverview loses late by 4
Stuttgart by 28
Heber Springs wins by 6
CAC loses by 18
AR Baptist gets mercy ruled
Lonoke gets mercy ruled by old conference foe

panther07

Quote from: RoadWarrior on September 10, 2017, 02:02:11 pm
Helena by 8
Batesville SS mercy rules Cross County.
Riverview loses late by 4
Stuttgart by 28
Heber Springs wins by 6
CAC loses by 18
AR Baptist gets mercy ruled
Lonoke gets mercy ruled by old conference foe

Picked HA in pick em. Picked Heber in the thread. Really torn huh?

RoadWarrior

Just forgot to change my pick em.....

westhelena1

The Helena-West Helena vs. Forrest City game should be one of the most exciting games in the state Friday and well worth a trip to Cad Polk Stadium.

RoadWarrior

I would rather see Warren vs Watson Chapel

dhen

Quote from: westhelena1 on September 11, 2017, 01:09:19 pm
The Helena-West Helena vs. Forrest City game should be one of the most exciting games in the state Friday and well worth a trip to Cad Polk Stadium.

I'm coming down from South Carolina.  Gonna make sure I go! I'm picking the COUGARS by 6

RoadWarrior

From my limited experience of Helena....they have always been underachievers. Size, talent and speed but never get the job done. Mustangs are down this year so I went out on a limb and picked Helena. Wouldn't be surprised if Stangs won though.

BannerMountainMan

Have I missed a lot, is CAC really not good? Do y'all think we really will beat them that bad

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 12, 2017, 08:12:18 pm
Have I missed a lot, is CAC really not good? Do y'all think we really will beat them that bad

They are not good, got mercy ruled by Mayflower.

Redwolves8526

Is talent down that much at CAC? That's crazy to me that they're getting mercy ruled

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 13, 2017, 01:17:17 pm
Is talent down that much at CAC? That's crazy to me that they're getting mercy ruled

Apparently so. Their lines were not good last year, but they had good skill position players. I know they still have a good RB, but the switch to the Wing-T doesn't look like it's working out so well.

harry

Dewitt Dragons are second in points scored in 8-4A and also second in defense. Stuttgart is next to last in their conference in points scored and around 5th in their conference in defense. Stuttgart will be 0-3!!

RoadWarrior

Stuttgart has played Arkadelphia and Warren.....who have the Dragons played?

panther07

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 13, 2017, 01:55:48 pm
Apparently so. Their lines were not good last year, but they had good skill position players. I know they still have a good RB, but the switch to the Wing-T doesn't look like it's working out so well.

That RB also gone, along with one of the stud DE they had last year. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: panther07 on September 13, 2017, 08:09:52 pm
That RB also gone, along with one of the stud DE they had last year.

Kam Vick isn't there? Where did he go? He was a Jr. last year....

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RoadWarrior on September 13, 2017, 07:19:07 pm
Stuttgart has played Arkadelphia and Warren.....who have the Dragons played?

The Dragons broke a 19 game losing streak last week against 2A Carlisle. Their last win before that was in 2015....against Carlisle. Unfortunately for them, they aren't playing Carlisle this week.

panther07

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 13, 2017, 08:34:15 pm
Kam Vick isn't there? Where did he go? He was a Jr. last year....

Not playing football.. Trying to play basketball at the next level, I believe. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: panther07 on September 13, 2017, 09:01:08 pm
Not playing football.. Trying to play basketball at the next level, I believe.

Ah I see. I knew he was good in basketball as well. That really hurts the football team.

LineStepper

Quote from: harry on September 13, 2017, 05:48:00 pm
Dewitt Dragons are second in points scored in 8-4A and also second in defense. Stuttgart is next to last in their conference in points scored and around 5th in their conference in defense. Stuttgart will be 0-3!!

You need to lay off the Kool-Aid, brother. It is clouding your judgment.

cuckoobird

Dewitt got curb stomped by the 4th or 5th best team in this conference, so doubtful they will beat the 1st or 2nd best

RyanLR

Quote from: The Ref on September 10, 2017, 09:54:10 am

Riverview (2-0) vs Bald Knob (1-1)              Raiders by 2 in a back & forth game.

Stuttgart (0-2)  vs  Dewitt (1-1)                  Ricebirds by 20, Dragons keep it close in the 1st half.

AR Baptist  (0-2)  vs LR Robinson (2-0)        Robinson by 54, mercy rule by half.

Lonoke (1-1)  vs Newport  (2-0)                   Newport by 21, hounds are clicking on both sides of the ball.
LR Robinson? I'm triggered. You could say Pulaski Robinson but the Senators are not in the LRSD and aren't located in the LR city limits.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on September 14, 2017, 02:10:16 pm
LR Robinson? I'm triggered. You could say Pulaski Robinson but the Senators are not in the LRSD and aren't located in the LR city limits.

We were told by some Jr. high parents last year that it is JOE T. Robinson NOT Pulaski Robinson...

The Ref

Quote from: RyanLR on September 14, 2017, 02:10:16 pm
Pulaski Robinson, Joe T, LR Robinson, West LR Public, Joe T Robinson,  Pulaski Robinson,,,,too many to keep up with man,  sorry. Ha

RyanLR

September 14, 2017, 03:04:33 pm #24 Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:06:24 pm by RyanLR
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 14, 2017, 02:13:56 pm
We were told by some Jr. high parents last year that it is JOE T. Robinson NOT Pulaski Robinson...
It is Joe T. Robinson but Pulaski would still be more accurate than LR. I think we're the only school in the state that people have problems with the name lol.

The Ref

Quote from: The Ref on September 10, 2017, 09:54:10 am

Got 7 out of 8 right, surprised by the Helena score & how easily HS handled HA.  Conference looks to be wide open this year.

MoChedda

HWH 46 Forrest City 16 These Cougars are the real deal.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: MoChedda on September 16, 2017, 08:26:18 am
HWH 46 Forrest City 16 These Cougars are the real deal.

They do appear to be playing well, but they beat a 2A team, a 3A team and a weak 5A team. The Cougars should cruise the next 2 weeks against B. Prep and CAC however. They should be in the hunt for a good seed come playoff time if they keep it together.

westhelena1

Cougars had an excellent effort last night. Still have some things to work on, but the potential is there

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas