• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkway at PA

Started by PA Dad, September 08, 2017, 11:37:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 15, 2017, 10:10:56 pm
I know Wynne likes to boast, but boasting that you know how to pass or catch is just uncalled for. Let's calm that down.
:) :) :)

Go Postal

Quote from: PA Dad on September 15, 2017, 10:12:55 pm
I'm getting more and more worried about pass defense.
FYI PA Dad, LRCA QB passes and rushes very well.  Hill is pretty good in the Wildcat.

Maynard G Krebs

Lynch having a great game

Overdahill

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on September 15, 2017, 10:37:15 pm
FYI PA Dad, LRCA QB passes and rushes very well.  Hill is pretty good in the Wildcat.

I've watched LRCA play and I agree with you.  I'm looking forward to that game.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 15, 2017, 10:14:31 pm
It would certainly be a different game if they had the number 3 dual threat qb in the country and the top wr in the country. Y'all have some holes. They have had some big 4th down conversions though

I agree.  An accurate QB and a top receiver would have given us fits.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 15, 2017, 10:14:31 pm
It would certainly be a different game if they had the number 3 dual threat qb in the country and the top wr in the country. Y'all have some holes. They have had some big 4th down conversions though

Players of that stature would have a big impact on any game but I think we'll be ok the rest of the way barring an injury bug

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on September 15, 2017, 11:33:27 pm
Players of that stature would have a big impact on any game but I think we'll be ok the rest of the way barring an injury bug

I know the two players from Parkway were missed, but not sure they could have made up the 40 point deficit.

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 16, 2017, 12:19:46 am

I know the two players from Parkway were missed, but not sure they could have made up the 40 point deficit.

I agree.  PA was going to get its points.  But, we are vulnerable to the pass, and I think Parkway would have kept it much closer with an accurate QB and top notch receiver.

Complete Biased PoV

When you have a 6'6" WR/Safety who is committed to Florida State going against 5'10"and 5'9" corner and Safety you are going to give up some yardage.  Parkway was good at finding a couple of holes in PA's zone on a few times.  But the 1st team defense only gave up 14 points!!!!  Of course having your 4-star QB and 5-star (#1 in the Nation) WR would help, but it would not make up a 41-point deficit.  Plus the PA defenseive game plan would have been adjusted for those guys.

bearbacker52

Quote from: PA Dad on September 16, 2017, 12:23:16 am
I agree.  PA was going to get its points.  But, we are vulnerable to the pass, and I think Parkway would have kept it much closer with an accurate QB and top notch receiver.
watched the game on espn, and you guys really impressed me, the timing of the  routes the accuracy, the no punt policy, lots of good things going on there man. just need a bigger stadium..when yall kicked extra points with the building in the back ground was weird. it looked like the field goal was moved over lined up with the hash mark..congradulations to pa.

InYoGrill

Didn't watch the game but that win is simply Impressive even without their two star players !

PercussionMan

Watched some of the game on TV last night.  Parkway would have probably had a better showing with their starting QB and top WR playing, but it still wouldn't have mattered.  PA is still PA....a well oiled machine.  It's still early in the year, but they are already in post season type form.  I just don't see anyone stopping them or even slowing them down this season for that matter.  As much as I'm tired of hearing about them, we are very well likely looking at a 4-peat.

Jayepea

During a punt if no one touches the ball will the clock keep running till someone does or does the ref. blow it dead?

Rocket23

The clock stops when the ref blows it dead.  Just because the opponent touches does not make it down.  The defense must down the ball.

Jayepea

By defence do u mean the return team?

Jayepea

I guess this is the wrong bunch to ask  8)

Complete Biased PoV

Ball would be blown dead once the ball has come to a complete stop, even if the punting team did not touch it.

Rocket23

The defense would be the kicking team.  And by rule they must down it or not touch it and when it comes to rest and no one is attempting to pick up, the back Judd get will blow it dead. 

Case play could be kicking team just casually touches a punted ball rolling on the field without downing it, the receiver could pick it up and run with it. 

And if that occurred and return team fumbled or lost yardage beyond where kicking team touched it, it would return to spot kicking team touched it and be return team's ball because you would have first-touching.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 16, 2017, 01:43:06 am
When you have a 6'6" WR/Safety who is committed to Florida State

How did Mukuamu look?  He's a big, rangy kid that could stand to add a few pounds, but on video he certainly looks like he could be a good one at the next level.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 22, 2017, 12:24:38 pm
How did Mukuamu look?  He's a big, rangy kid that could stand to add a few pounds, but on video he certainly looks like he could be a good one at the next level.

The real deal as an athlete. Played both ways.  Fun to watch

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas