• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A South 2017

Started by Youngsta71701, August 11, 2017, 09:37:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Neckred

Quote from: #iknownothing on August 21, 2017, 08:49:16 am
as usual your mouth far outweighs your information. Jackson made it to one team camp, and only two practices before school started. He did practice 3-5 days last week bringing his grand total to 6! If that is your definition of quite some time, then for the first time in a long time you are correct.  Now as of last Friday night he is no longer a part of the team. His choice, not coaches decision.
What a joke.  Should have never let that clown back on the team

Trojanball24

Hot Springs will be back this year! WC lets kids walk in and out all the time. Be careful he will talk to Guv and decide he wants to come back week 3

GuvHog

Quote from: #iknownothing on August 21, 2017, 08:49:16 am
as usual your mouth far outweighs your information. Jackson made it to one team camp, and only two practices before school started. He did practice 3-5 days last week bringing his grand total to 6! If that is your definition of quite some time, then for the first time in a long time you are correct.  Now as of last Friday night he is no longer a part of the team. His choice, not coaches decision.

I wondered if he would stick with it. Kid needs an attitude adjustment, old fashion style.

Trojanball24

My guess is coaches at WC have given him his way since the 7th grade. On a better note im hearing postives from HS practices.

Hogman2018

Everyone is positive before the season starts then reallity hits!!!!

Neckred

Very true.  And the reality of a lot of teams in the 5a South is pain

zebradynasty

Let me clear up some things about Jackson. Some are posting on here as if the kid is major head case or trouble maker. That is NOT true he is a good kid. Yes he and the coach got into it big time last year. Up until then the kid was not a problem. A few things happened with his confrontation with the WC coach last year that are not being told (and I won't tell) but it was more to it than some spoiled kid having a tantrum. He should have handled it better no doubt but the coach wasn't exactly innocent either. I suspect his decision to leave the team this fall has more to do with baseball than football. He is a solid baseball prospect and so he may be wanting to focus on that.

Anyway just wanted to help clear up some misconceptions about him. Not often a Zebra takes up for a wild kitten but in this case the exception is warranted.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 22, 2017, 03:57:17 pm
Let me clear up some things about Jackson. Some are posting on here as if the kid is major head case or trouble maker. That is NOT true he is a good kid. Yes he and the coach got into it big time last year. Up until then the kid was not a problem. A few things happened with his confrontation with the WC coach last year that are not being told (and I won't tell) but it was more to it than some spoiled kid having a tantrum. He should have handled it better no doubt but the coach wasn't exactly innocent either. I suspect his decision to leave the team this fall has more to do with baseball than football. He is a solid baseball prospect and so he may be wanting to focus on that.

Anyway just wanted to help clear up some misconceptions about him. Not often a Zebra takes up for a wild kitten but in this case the exception is warranted.

Come on man. Dutton had already suspended Jakobi once earlier in the season last year and warned him about his behavior. One of the players on last year's team who graduated in may is a close friend of mine. Jakobi is a head case. You are right about him concentrating on baseball though.

Trojanball24

Guv to the rescue! Bottom line is simple lack of discipline and consistency always cost WC. HS had a coach or two go over there over the years and they all say the same thing.

RamFan06

That was the same problem Hot Springs had for a while. It seems like the current staff is starting to correct that problem.

GuvHog

Quote from: Trojanball24 on August 23, 2017, 12:02:09 pm
Guv to the rescue! Bottom line is simple lack of discipline and consistency always cost WC. HS had a coach or two go over there over the years and they all say the same thing.

Coach Dutton is pretty strict and some of the players from last year's team didn't like that. The players seem to really be buying in to his system this year though.

Trojanball24

August 24, 2017, 10:34:37 am #61 Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:37:45 am by Trojanball24
Guvhog your funny man. Strict from WC? Im gonna call it HS 21 WC 14 Go TROY!

GuvHog

Quote from: Trojanball24 on August 24, 2017, 10:34:37 am
Guvhog your funny man. Strict?

Yep, He runs a tighter ship than Sheldon did there at the last. Sheldon was a good coach when he came to WC but was never the same after his wife passed away.

zebradynasty

Well the only strict coach WC has had in the last 20 plus years was Sheldon (He did lose his grip some at the end). Which was the only time WC was threat in the last 20 years! Dutton might be the answer I know it takes awhile to get rid of a losers mentality. That being said I'm not convinced WC is there.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 24, 2017, 10:43:17 am
Well the only strict coach WC has had in the last 20 plus years was Sheldon (He did lose his grip some at the end). Which was the only time WC was threat in the last 20 years! Dutton might be the answer I know it takes awhile to get rid of a losers mentality. That being said I'm not convinced WC is there.

Hey they made it to the state semifinals last year. I believe before that, the last time WC made the state semifinals was when they were in 6A.

Hogman2018

Hey Youngsta how did Camden do in their scrimmzge game?

razorcardsfan11

My question to any of the cardinal fans out their is was Monticello that bad or are the cardinals just that much improved? I didn't get to watch the game but I heard the final score was 31-7 and Monticello didn't want to finish the game

Neckred

Monticello is down this year

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 22, 2017, 03:57:17 pm

Hate to burst your bubble, you are usually pretty spot on.  The QB at WC last year was not the saint you describe.  As I get the story, he had issues at practice and games on numerous occasions.  Seems he didn't like to show up nor  follow rules.  The Coach did all he could to correct the bad behavior. Result, the kid was let go, given another chance to come back after running off to PB when he discovered he would be ineligible.  He failed to meet the requirements of that opportunity and so he's gone again. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on August 27, 2017, 06:53:43 pm
Hate to burst your bubble, you are usually pretty spot on.  The QB at WC last year was not the saint you describe.  As I get the story, he had issues at practice and games on numerous occasions.  Seems he didn't like to show up nor  follow rules.  The Coach did all he could to correct the bad behavior. Result, the kid was let go, given another chance to come back after running off to PB when he discovered he would be ineligible.  He failed to meet the requirements of that opportunity and so he's gone again.
I don't think you're talking about the same kid. I don't think Jackson ever left WC.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 27, 2017, 11:27:42 pm
I don't think you're talking about the same kid. I don't think Jackson ever left WC.

Check your facts.  He went to PB for a while and thought he could play there, then returned and started trying to get let back on the team.  I'm pretty sure another player left with him.

zebrafan

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on August 27, 2017, 11:40:41 pm
Check your facts.  He went to PB for a while and thought he could play there, then returned and started trying to get let back on the team.  I'm pretty sure another player left with him.
Correct.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Neckred on August 25, 2017, 08:26:48 am
Monticello is down this year
Of course Monticello is down. Because Camden Fairview beat them in a preseason scrimmage right? Just like every team the Arkansas Razorbacks beat is down or a cup cake... ;)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 24, 2017, 03:22:10 pm
Hey Youngsta how did Camden do in their scrimmzge game?
Didn't get to make it but I heard it was pretty good for the Cardinals.

Neckred

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 28, 2017, 08:32:17 am
Of course Monticello is down. Because Camden Fairview beat them in a preseason scrimmage right? Just like every team the Arkansas Razorbacks beat is down or a cup cake... ;)
Teams are usually considered down when they lose a lot of starters and studs to graduation.  Its pretty simple.  Oh and Florida AtM will be a major cupcake

Big Fan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 28, 2017, 08:33:47 am
Didn't get to make it but I heard it was pretty good for the Cardinals.
CF was very athletic in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  They had good speed as usual.  They proved they can throw the deep ball.  Overall...much, much better than a year ago. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Neckred on August 28, 2017, 09:13:47 am
Teams are usually considered down when they lose a lot of starters and studs to graduation.  Its pretty simple.  Oh and Florida AtM will be a major cupcake
I agree, Florida A&M is indeed a cupcake ;D. How many seniors do Monticello have playing?

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on August 27, 2017, 11:40:41 pm

In fact if they had not had the problems with him they would have had a much improved w/L record.  He was suspended against Warren, he was kicked off team after his antics during and after the Magnolia game, WC had to switch QB's in the middle of the season and lost to Lakeside in the new starters first outing.  The replacement QB just got better and better as evidenced by the second half of the season.  Had that kid been the QB from the start I think they would have not lost the two games in the middle of the season.  Don't know for sure about the PB or Warren game but WC would have been a better overall team without the drama.

GuvHog

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on August 29, 2017, 04:32:25 pm
In fact if they had not had the problems with him they would have had a much improved w/L record.  He was suspended against Warren, he was kicked off team after his antics during and after the Magnolia game, WC had to switch QB's in the middle of the season and lost to Lakeside in the new starters first outing.  The replacement QB just got better and better as evidenced by the second half of the season.  Had that kid been the QB from the start I think they would have not lost the two games in the middle of the season.  Don't know for sure about the PB or Warren game but WC would have been a better overall team without the drama.

I agree but in all honesty, WC was not going to go any farther than the 5A State semi-finals even if the mess had no occurred. Wynne and PA were legitimately the 2 best 5A teams in the state last year.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on August 29, 2017, 04:32:25 pm

Oh so it was all the kids fault...OK we shall see all this great coaching and disciplinarian WC now has now that he's gone and we can visit back on this subject later this season.

Trojanball24

You cant give and tell a kid what he wants to hear and let him act like he wants to act in practice and then when he embarasses you on game night you act like you have discipline. Doesnt work that way.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 30, 2017, 12:57:16 am
Oh so it was all the kids fault...OK we shall see all this great coaching and disciplinarian WC now has now that he's gone and we can visit back on this subject later this season.

No need to. The kid is off of 5the team so their is nothing further to discuss. The kid is a head case.

GuvHog

Quote from: Trojanball24 on August 30, 2017, 10:44:10 am
You cant give and tell a kid what he wants to hear and let him act like he wants to act in practice and then when he embarasses you on game night you act like you have discipline. Doesnt work that way.

The Kid has D1 football talent. He knew the score when the season started last year and Dutton gave him multiple chances to straighten his act up and the kid threw it all away. It's the Head coach's and his assistants program to run. The players either respect them and do what they tell them or they don't play. The kid needs to learn to respect authority. Dutton isn't the problem, the kid was and if you'd bother to talk to the other players on the team, you'd know that.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 30, 2017, 12:57:16 am

I don't think I said it was all his fault.  I said they would have been better, more successful without the drama caused by his antics.  I believe, someone may know better that he had been disaplined the year before for the same type of misbehavior and had to sit parts of games then as well.  This is a pattern of bad behavior and it sounds like the coach did all he could to try to make a bad situation into a good one.  The blame is on the player for failing to correct his coarse of behavior.   GuvHog may be right that WC may not have done any better against Wynne but we will not know.  One thing for sure instability at the QB position is never a good thing.  Best of luck to the WC team the rest of the season.   Oh, BTW, one of the worst things you can do to immature kids is tell them how great they are and tell them they are destined for D1 fame.   If they are some school will find them and they will not have to order a larger sized hat/helmet to get them on the team.

Trojanball24

Guv to the rescue again! Go Troy! WC doesnt stand a chance

Iknewthemwhen

The Kid has D1 football talent.

I got the impression from some people that that was a stretch,

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on August 31, 2017, 12:00:56 pm
The Kid has D1 football talent.

I got the impression from some people that that was a stretch,
Maybe in baseball... :-\

Trojanball24

September 01, 2017, 11:30:54 am #87 Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:32:34 am by Trojanball24
Yep

Neckred

Quote from: GuvHog on August 30, 2017, 08:40:22 pm
The Kid has D1 football talent. He knew the score when the season started last year and Dutton gave him multiple chances to straighten his act up and the kid threw it all away. It's the Head coach's and his assistants program to run. The players either respect them and do what they tell them or they don't play. The kid needs to learn to respect authority. Dutton isn't the problem, the kid was and if you'd bother to talk to the other players on the team, you'd know that.
D1?  At what position?  I've seen this numerous times great baseball arm but noodle arm in football.  Good high school arm but noodle for D1.  Come on

GuvHog

Quote from: Neckred on September 01, 2017, 12:32:30 pm
D1?  At what position?  I've seen this numerous times great baseball arm but noodle arm in football.  Good high school arm but noodle for D1.  Come on

He actually had a good arm as a QB and was deadly accurate. He was a talented dual threat QB.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: GuvHog on September 01, 2017, 05:19:38 pm
He actually had a good arm as a QB and was deadly accurate. He was a talented dual threat QB.

Not really.  Didn't have the tools for D1 and certainly not the mental makeup.  Decent high school player who was outshined by the eventual backup/starter.

basscactchinfool

Quote from: GuvHog on August 24, 2017, 12:12:49 pm
Hey they made it to the state semifinals last year. I believe before that, the last time WC made the state semifinals was when they were in 6A.
That's wrong they made it to the state semi finals in 2010 that was the first year they moved down from 6 A to 5A

GuvHog

Quote from: basscactchinfool on September 05, 2017, 08:53:51 am
That's wrong they made it to the state semi finals in 2010 that was the first year they moved down from 6 A to 5A

I know they made it to the state Semi-finals twice in a row the last 2 years they were in 6A but I didn't recall them doing that their first year back in 5A. I guess I forgot that one.

zebrafan

Quote from: basscactchinfool on September 05, 2017, 08:53:51 am
Was that Mitch Lane and Kyle Coleman Sr year?

RamFan06

Quote from: zebrafan on September 05, 2017, 12:50:41 pm
Was that Mitch Lane and Kyle Coleman Sr year?

That was Coleman's SR year.

zebrafan

BigLion10

Didn't they beat Pine Bluff a few times Coleman was there?

zebrafan

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 05, 2017, 05:47:23 pm
Didn't they beat Pine Bluff a few times Coleman was there?
WC Beat us in the playoff 08' (2nd round) and regular season at WC in 09'. We were able to escape with a win at home in 10' ( Z's scored as time expired)

BigLion10

September 05, 2017, 07:26:00 pm #98 Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:27:50 pm by BigLion10
I remember those were some great matchups those years, the rivalry was at a peak then

zebrafan

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 05, 2017, 07:26:00 pm
I remember those were some great matchups those years, the rivalry was at a peak then
Yessir, hated losing to them but the games were close and hard fought!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas