• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A South 2017

Started by Youngsta71701, August 11, 2017, 09:37:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sportsguy80

Quote from: zebrafan on September 05, 2017, 07:44:23 pm
Yessir, hated losing to them but the games were close and hard fought!
I was at that 08 playoff game. It was a cold rematch game in which WC was a big underdog. The crowd was amazing.

zebrafan

Quote from: sportsguy80 on September 05, 2017, 08:50:46 pm
I was at that 08 playoff game. It was a cold rematch game in which WC was a big underdog. The crowd was amazing.
And for some strange reason I think Claude only threw 11 something passes 🤔. Also fumbled on the go ahead score!😑

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on September 05, 2017, 10:30:17 pm
And for some strange reason I think Claude only threw 11 something passes 🤔. Also fumbled on the go ahead score!😑

No doubt the Zebras have had some really good teams. The best WC team I've ever seen was the year the Cats won the State Title in the mid 90's. Dante' Wesley and the late Bobby Jett Jr. were two of the best DBs that they have ever had and Ron Johnson was Dominant running the ball.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on September 06, 2017, 09:40:11 am
No doubt the Zebras have had some really good teams. The best WC team I've ever seen was the year the Cats won the State Title in the mid 90's. Dante' Wesley and the late Bobby Jett Jr. were two of the best DBs that they have ever had and Ron Johnson was Dominant running the ball.
We almost had a WC/PB final in 09' that would have been a heck of a game!

Youngsta71701

How in the world does DeQueen lose to Mena 41-6 then turn around and beat Nashville 49-42 ???. Things that make you go  ???!

ghostoffootballpast

DeQueen may be up and coming, White Hall looking good, does this shuffle the conference around?

Iknewthemwhen

If DeQueen is coming together it will change the conference.  I doubt they were figured to be in the top half.   So, Watson Chapel, White Hall and who? Nobody else is making much noise.

that1guy2110

So after week 2 if you had to make your top 4 from the south who would it be?

The A-Team

White Hall
Watson Chapel
Camden Fairview
DeQueen

Iknewthemwhen

Camden Fairview?  Really?  They are 0-2 and haven't produced much offense so far.  Maybe Eldo and Hamburg are just that good?
It is starting to look as if the conference is down somewhat.

The A-Team

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on September 10, 2017, 03:59:05 pm
Camden Fairview?  Really?  They are 0-2 and haven't produced much offense so far.  Maybe Eldo and Hamburg are just that good?
Only if they make changes to the o-line and get the ball to their playmakers.

Iknewthemwhen

ghostoffootballpast

So far the conference is not doing well.  White Hall 2-0, Watson Chapel 1-1, DeQueen1-1, Magnolia 1-1, that's it. The rest 0-2?

old.dole

Not looking good for the dirty south so far

Lionheart88

Quote from: The A-Team on September 10, 2017, 01:54:56 pm
White Hall
Watson Chapel
Camden Fairview
DeQueen
I'd have Lakeside in there above Fairview.

Hoghead2

Sadly Hope hasn't won a game since beating Blytheville in the 5A Playoffs in 2015. They're on a 13 game losing streak. It's not looking good for the Cats....

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on September 10, 2017, 03:59:05 pm
Trust me, Hamburg sucks and we sucked just as bad. If we keep on playing the way we did against Hamburg we won't win another game. Not even against Hope.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 10, 2017, 07:05:31 pm
I'd have Lakeside in there above Fairview.
Me too.

1. White Hall
2. Watson Chapel
3. Lakeside
4. DeQueen

ghostoffootballpast

How many games has Lakeside won?

RamFan06

None, however we didnt win any of our first 3 last year either. Non Conf has no bearing on playoff position and should be a time for developing your team and preparing for conference play.

RZback

Correct, non-conference does not have any influence onthe conference standing, but it may be an indication of things to come. 

RamFan06

May be and may not be. Depends on the coach and his purpose for those games. Is he trying to just win, or is he developing his guys and trying to see what they can do in certain situations. Is he giving the backups some real game experience or sticking to the starters?

redsport27

Here is my take on the four significant teams (as of now IMO):

White Hall: A great team, but they need to be challenged more before I say anything else.

Watson Chapel: Very strong team who had a convincing win against Dolllarway. The loss to PB was expected, but I feel as the season progresses, they'll improve.

Lakeside: Shaky start. Exactly like last year IMO, but can they bounce back against Malvern and take that momentum into conference? We will see.

Dequeen: All I can say is wow. What an impressive win against Nashville. That leaves questions in this conference for sure.

The race for the south will interesting for sure. I believe there will be shocks for sure. You can't forget about Magnolia either. They could help dictate the conference as well.

zebrafan

Quote from: redsport27 on September 12, 2017, 09:22:49 pm
Here is my take on the four significant teams (as of now IMO):

White Hall: A great team, but they need to be challenged more before I say anything else.

Watson Chapel: Very strong team who had a convincing win against Dolllarway. The loss to PB was expected, but I feel as the season progresses, they'll improve.

Lakeside: Shaky start. Exactly like last year IMO, but can they bounce back against Malvern and take that momentum into conference? We will see.

Dequeen: All I can say is wow. What an impressive win against Nashville. That leaves questions in this conference for sure.

The race for the south will interesting for sure. I believe there will be shocks for sure. You can't forget about Magnolia either. They could help dictate the conference as well.

WH a great team? I agree with them not playing jack in non conference...they will probably fight WC for the top spot...crazy how down this conference is!
WC a strong team? I'm just not seeing that in this years Chapel team....they were much better last year...they did not look good against PB and that is not a overwhelming Zebra team. There line play has to be fixed immediately.

redsport27

Well, with White Hall I do believe they are a solid team. However, I'm worried that the non-conference games won't prepare them for the hard road ahead.
As for Chapel, I do agree they need to get some things straightened out on the line if they want to compete for four quarters. I'm concerned for this conference because the teams we consider the "top 2" have a lot to work on.

redsport27

What are your thoughts looking back on week 3? I'm in shock a little bit if I'm being honest. Did anyone see the WC game? I thought that would be a good game. Lakeside is 0-3 on the season and they open up conference play against Camden. That will be interesting for sure.

zebradynasty

Yeah it appears the conference is pretty down this year but there are some teams that might improve a lot by season end. WH appears to head shoulders above the rest but that horrible nonconference schedule I think will come back and bite them. WC has some major issues along the OL not sure how they will fix that now but they do have skill personnel just no way to get it to them.

Iknewthemwhen

White Hall 3-0
Watson Chapel 1-2
DeQueen 1-2
Magnolia 1-2
Lakeside 0-3
Camden 0-3
Hope 0-3
Hot Springs 0-3

Offenses seem to be struggling a bit.

GhostofRosswoodCC

Zebra fans love to comment on White Hall.  Yet they will not play w.h. in football.  White Hall dominates Pb.  In every sport they do play in.    3-0.  3 mercy rules. 

zebradynasty

September 16, 2017, 01:54:34 pm #129 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:57:54 am by zebradynasty
Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on September 16, 2017, 01:11:49 pm
Zebra fans love to comment on White Hall.  Yet they will not play w.h. in football.  White Hall dominates Pb.  In every sport they do play in.    3-0.  3 mercy rules. 

One of the BIGGEST lies EVER been told! It has been white hall that has not wanted to play. Y'all would rather play mediocre 4A teams. Why don't you schedule Stuttgart anymore? Yeah...because they were beating the puppy crap out of you. The only sport you dominate us in is soccer (join the club) and baseball ( due to our poor coaching). Otherwise, it's a mercy rule waiting to happen in football and basketball.

You've lost to Chapel 3 years in row ??? You growin a pair because you beat some bad 4A teams and an awful 6A team....WOW!  :o :o ::)

dannynoonan

WOW Ghost. Some folks on here think you're a doofus. Some folks think you're a genuis. Most of us think you just love to stir it.
No one can doubt though that you do know how to push ZD's buttons. Just throw out the bait and he'll bite every time, every year.   ;D

zebradynasty

Quote from: dannynoonan on September 16, 2017, 06:50:17 pm
WOW Ghost. Some folks on here think you're a doofus. Some folks think you're a genuis. Most of us think you just love to stir it.
No one can doubt though that you do know how to push ZD's buttons. Just throw out the bait and he'll bite every time, every year.   ;D

Right...I 'm the one looking bad here not the program proclaiming greatness after mercy ruling 3 teams that haven't been relevant since Reagan was in office!

zebradynasty

Since my button has been pushed....

http://www.pbcommercial.com/news/20170916/bulldogs-earn-highway-270-crown-over-sheridan

White Hall gets a trophy for beating Sheridan!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dannynoonan

Ghost wins again !  8)

ZD you let him get under your skin too easily. Up at 2am posting zingers back at The Ghost ??? It's kinda always been funny but it's starting to sound a little sad. No one on here including The Ghost will deny that the Z's have more athletes than any team in the state which usually equals los of wins. The Z's past accomplishments in FB are well know by all. So why do you feel the need to come on the 5A thread and respond to everything he says ? Is there a deep down jealousy of WH that needs to be addressed ? Just curious. 

zebradynasty

Quote from: dannynoonan on September 17, 2017, 07:56:56 am
Ghost wins again !  8)

ZD you let him get under your skin too easily. Up at 2am posting zingers back at The Ghost ??? It's kinda always been funny but it's starting to sound a little sad. No one on here including The Ghost will deny that the Z's have more athletes than any team in the state which usually equals los of wins. The Z's past accomplishments in FB are well know by all. So why do you feel the need to come on the 5A thread and respond to everything he says ? Is there a deep down jealousy of WH that needs to be addressed ? Just curious. 

Under my skin...look he posted some outlandish things and I posted some outlandish things. Mine just happened to be true! That's the nature of the board. I am not aware of any rule, custom or tradition on FF that says posters must only comment on a certain board. Like everyone else I comment on what I know and I KNOW what good team looks like or if it is just my opinion who cares? I, like everyone else, have no reason to be jealous of white hall especially when it comes to sports. 8)

dannynoonan

Good answer, good answer.

" Especially when it comes to sports " Interesting

Ok well keep it coming. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that enjoys it when ZD and The Ghost go at it.  :) :) :)

redsport27

Quote from: dannynoonan on September 17, 2017, 08:59:38 am

Ok well keep it coming. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that enjoys it when ZD and The Ghost go at it.  :) :) :)
I second that. It is a treat for sure haha!

GuvHog

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on September 16, 2017, 12:27:26 pm
White Hall 3-0
Watson Chapel 1-2
DeQueen 1-2
Magnolia 1-2
Lakeside 0-3
Camden 0-3
Hope 0-3
Hot Springs 0-3

Offenses seem to be struggling a bit.

Yeah, WC definitely has problems with their passing game. If they don't get that fixed, they are going to have serious problems down the road.

STBruin

Camden Fairview   0-3-0   0-0-0   33 / 73   
DeQueen   1-2-0   0-0-0   69 / 130   
Hope   0-3-0   0-0-0   30 / 154   
Hot Springs   0-3-0   0-0-0   25 / 113   
Hot Springs Lakeside   0-3-0   0-0-0   101 / 155   
Magnolia   1-2-0   0-0-0   83 / 98   
Watson Chapel   1-2-0   0-0-0   53 / 63   
White Hall   3-0-0   0-0-0   155 / 39   

Combined 6-18 record, I would say the south is down. I know it is non-conference, but still 3 teams havent won a game and 3 have only won 1, that says A LOT!!!!!

Overdahill

Quote from: dannynoonan on September 17, 2017, 08:59:38 am

Its a mismatch.....  Ghost just a puff of smoke every couple of years  ;D

that1guy2110

Camden gets on a winning track this week with a 28-20 win over lakeside

Lionheart88

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 16, 2017, 01:54:34 pm
One of the BIGGEST lies EVER been told! It has been white hall that has not wanted to play. Y'all would rather play mediocre 4A teams. Why don't you schedule Stuttgart anymore? Yeah...because they were beating the puppy crap out of you. The only sport you dominate us in is soccer (join the club) and baseball ( due to our poor coaching). Otherwise, it's a mercy rule waiting to happen in football and basketball.

You've lost to Chapel 3 years in row ??? You growin a pair because you beat some bad 4A teams and an awful 6 team....WOW!  :o :o ::)
Also softball.  Whatever the outcome (and I think we'd lose most of them), I'd enjoy seeing a PB/WH football series.  If nothing else it'd be a great gate every other year, I know y'all would pack the house.

redsport27

Any thoughts after the first games of conference?

White Hall and Magnolia was a shootout. Really exciting game. I honestly thought WH would win by more, but I guess I'm a little biased. It took them a while to get into the swing of things. Magnolia looked really dangerous. WH had trouble stopping the run. What about other games? Curious to hear about Lakeside, Dequeen, and WC. Is White Hall looking like the favorite as of now?

RamFan06

I think the favorites at this point are White Hall and Lakeside with DeQueen creeping in there. Lakeside is picking up where they left off the last two seasons, use the first 3 games to fine tune your team, learn what you have and then turn it on for conferance play. I am looking forward to see Magnolia this week. They usually give Lakeside a good game regardless of records.

redsport27

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 23, 2017, 01:52:51 pm
I think the favorites at this point are White Hall and Lakeside with DeQueen creeping in there. Lakeside is picking up where they left off the last two seasons, use the first 3 games to fine tune your team, learn what you have and then turn it on for conferance play. I am looking forward to see Magnolia this week. They usually give Lakeside a good game regardless of records.
I agree. Just a heads up, Magnolia can run the ball. I have fancied White Hall's defense even though we have lacked a strong non-conference schedule...but Magnolia really tested White Hall yesterday. Lakeside does usually take a few games until they hit full throttle. The Lakeside vs Magnolia game could play a big part in seeding for play off action.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 23, 2017, 01:52:51 pm

I don't know how you figure who is best, league is struggling and White Hall hasn't played anybody, Lakeside is 1-3 and hasn't played anybody, I'd say Chapel is in about as good a position as any in conference right now.

RamFan06

Lakeside hasnt played anybody? In conference, you're right, we are only going into week 2.
Any team at this point has just as much of a chance as anyone else, so of you think Chapel has a chance, say so and make your case.

redsport27

Things will be decided after this Friday. We have two crucial games in Lakeside/Magnolia and Chapel/Dequeen. Those are toss-ups IMO. One could argue about Chapel/Dequeen and that's fine. White Hall is looking like a big favorite with Lakeside and Magnolia right on their back. Chapel and Dequeen are in the mix too. This year is different and we are all in for some surprises.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 24, 2017, 05:04:46 pm
Lakeside hasnt played anybody? In conference, you're right, we are only going into week 2.
Any team at this point has just as much of a chance as anyone else, so of you think Chapel has a chance, say so and make your case.

Let me self correct.  They haven't beaten anybody, they lost to all three non con teams and beat a weak conference opponent.  That is basically what I said about Chapel, they have lost against two teams considered to be among the best in their division but do have two wins, the conference win against Hot Springs is or should be a give me.  So how do you know who is or is not really good at this point, because their is little evidence to support a true leader.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: redsport27 on September 24, 2017, 05:39:06 pm
Things will be decided after this Friday. We have two crucial games in Lakeside/Magnolia and Chapel/Dequeen. Those are toss-ups IMO. One could argue about Chapel/Dequeen and that's fine. White Hall is looking like a big favorite with Lakeside and Magnolia right on their back. Chapel and Dequeen are in the mix too. This year is different and we are all in for some surprises.

Magnolia?  Right on their back?  they are 1-3.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas