• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predict your teams regular season record and place finishes in conference

Started by Rick Swines, July 13, 2017, 04:41:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Swines

beach bum

Not my team, but they need a poster on here. They're basically a step away from where I follow so I will pick Farmington's record...

*3-7 OVERALL with 1 non conference win over Hunstville & losses to stout 4A programs Prairie Grove and Pea Ridge

* 2-5 in the 5A West with a home win over Clarksville, plus they will split one of their back to back home games against Maumelle and Vilonia. Not sure which one, but I will pick they split those games and get 2 conference wins in the 5A West. This might get them 6th or 7th in the league depending on who they beat head to head between Vilonia and Maumelle.

Rick Swines

How is the west looking in your opinion? Is alma and morrilton going to be at the top? What about maumelle and Harrison?

beach bum

Quote from: Rick Swines on July 13, 2017, 05:21:25 pm
How is the west looking in your opinion? Is alma and morrilton going to be at the top? What about maumelle and Harrison?

I always have a good feeling about Alma then they seem to fizzle out and disappoint so I am trying not to get too much enthusiasm this time to only be let down again with my prediction. I think both Morrilton and Alma will be capable of playing the day after Thanksgiving though if everything fell right though. I keep hearing Harrison will surprise, but I will believe it when I see it. Greenbrier is always steady lately. I think Maumelle can't stay down with that much potential. If you could combine Clarksville's offense and Farmington's defense you might have a playoff team. But the other side of the ball for each is quite bad and is their Achilles heal for sure.

Deuceswild

Harrison will likely be in top 2 of the west. Outstanding Senior Class and finally have some depth in several positions, still a bit small but they play big and have speed where they need it. Sophomore class has a ton of talent and Coach Wells is entering his 3rd year as head coach, he has really brought a new dimension to Goblin Football. I've seen similar talent in previous years but never could finish games. This year looks to be different. These kids know the system and play with a lot of heart. I have enjoyed watching the development through the spring and summer, these kids want to win and win big! Hope for a healthy season for all these Arkansas schools. That's always a factor for a deep run.

the voice

Don't count the devil dogs out on the conference title.  Several returners at key positions. The Criswells are gonna be on the field on Friday nights this fall. They will make their mark on the field. The soph class rolled through the conference last year undefeated as freshmen. The junior class is loaded and the senior class has some three year starters returning. Should be a great season if everyone is healthy.

GuvHog

Quote from: the voice on July 16, 2017, 09:32:47 am
Don't count the devil dogs out on the conference title.  Several returners at key positions. The Criswells are gonna be on the field on Friday nights this fall. They will make their mark on the field. The soph class rolled through the conference last year undefeated as freshmen. The junior class is loaded and the senior class has some three year starters returning. Should be a great season if everyone is healthy.

Hopefully their HC doesn't get caught using an illegal player again and have to forfeit more games. That wouldn't be pretty.

beach bum

I hope the West pans out and has 3 teams win in the 1st round and maybe 2 of those get to the semifinals.... They have been a let down lately though.

the voice

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 10:07:43 am
Hopefully their HC doesn't get caught using an illegal player again and have to forfeit more games. That wouldn't be pretty.
Coach McNabb wasn't caught. Get your facts straight. It was self reported, big difference. He's a good man and great coach.

PA Dad

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 10:07:43 am

That's a cheap shot.  It was a mistake, not intentional cheating.

beach bum

Quote from: PA Dad on July 16, 2017, 12:22:47 pm

Am I correct it was a foreign exchange student not even contributing?.... Usually I really wonder about the situations where players were not eligible but in this case the guy seems to have made an honest mistake in which he probably could have gotten away with but he brought it up and I am sure he feels horrible about messing up his kids successful season.

Deuceswild

Those coaches did what they needed to do, class act all the way around, just an unfortunate mistake. Bet they all learned their lesson there. Moving on to this season. Although Morrilton lost a ton of talent last year, they are coached well and have a good upcoming sophomore class from what I've heard. Will be hard to beat but not at all unbeatable. Good luck this season, except when you play Harrison of course😂

GuvHog

Quote from: PA Dad on July 16, 2017, 12:22:47 pm

It was not meant as a cheap shot. I realize it was a mistake that was not the coach's fault but it was a mistake that should not have happened. The fact that kid even put on a uniform means somebody dropped the ball. Hopefully that somebody was repremanded for their mistake.

cuckoobird

GuvHog

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 17, 2017, 10:44:26 am
Says the guy who makes mistakes all the time 😳

I'll admit to that. It's called "being human". Unfortunately, sometimes I'm a bit too human.

GuvHog

My prediction for Watson Chapel

@Dollarway - WIN
Pine Bluff - loss
Warren - Tossup*
Hot Springs - WIN
@De Queen - WIN
@Hope - WIN
White Hall - WIN (A Close one)
Magnolia - WIN
@H.S. Lakeside - WIN (A Close one)
Camden Fairview - WIN

* If WC is healthy and no one is suspended, they have a good chance at a win over the Lumberjacks. If WC has some injuries and their starting QB is suspended for the first half as was the case last year, the Lumberjacks will get the win.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 01:37:46 pm
It was not meant as a cheap shot. I realize it was a mistake that was not the coach's fault but it was a mistake that should not have happened. The fact that kid even put on a uniform means somebody dropped the ball. Hopefully that somebody was repremanded for their mistake.

Guv, you at it again?  You sure seem to get in between of your statements.  Old saying, God gave you two ears and one mouth.  Listen first, listen some more, then maybe start talking.

GuvHog

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on July 17, 2017, 11:41:52 am
Guv, you at it again?  You sure seem to get in between of your statements.  Old saying, God gave you two ears and one mouth.  Listen first, listen some more, then maybe start talking.

Put yourself in those players places. They had a strong chance at a conference title and a #1 seed in the playoffs and that mistake cost those players dearly. How would you feel if you had a serious shot at a title and it was taken from you because someone on the staff dropped the ball and allowed an ineligible player to dress out?? That was a costly mistake and I'm sure the Head Coach won't allow it to happen again.

the voice

The worst part was the seeding in the playoffs, the team won nine games in a row. Their only regular season loss was a three point loss to the 6a state champs. Yeah it was tough. But everyone knew who won the conference on the field.  Even if they hate to admit it.

It's a new season, I look forward to watching this season, lots of talent. Coach says they could be better on offense than last year.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 11:13:44 am
My prediction for Watson Chapel

@Dollarway - WIN
Pine Bluff - loss
Warren - Tossup*
Hot Springs - WIN
@De Queen - WIN
@Hope - WIN
White Hall - WIN (A Close one)
Magnolia - WIN
@H.S. Lakeside - WIN (A Close one)
Camden Fairview - WIN

* If WC is healthy and no one is suspended, they have a good chance at a win over the Lumberjacks. If WC has some injuries and their starting QB is suspended for the first half as was the case last year, the Lumberjacks will get the win.
Jackson is back on the team...took snaps at QB.

AT

Alma

@ Van Buren - Win
@ Springdale - Loss
vs. Greenwood - Loss
@ Vilonia - Win
vs. Farmington - Win
vs. Morrilton - Win
@ Clarksville - Win
@ Harrison - Loss
vs. Greenbrier - Win
vs. Maumelle - Win

(7-3) (6-1) - 3 Way tie for conference champs with Morrilton and Harrison.

In order of confidence of winning the game:

@ Clarksville - High Confidence
vs. Farmington - High Confidence
@ Vilonia - High Confidence
vs. Maumelle - High Confidence
vs. Greenbrier - Sweating it a little
@ Van Buren - Sweating it a little
vs. Morrilton - Sweating it a lot
@ Harrison - Will need to play very well to win
@ Springdale - Will need to play very well to win
vs. Greenwood - Will need to play very well to win and hope they don't play well

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Rick Swines on July 13, 2017, 05:21:25 pm

There is a lot of parity in the West.  The top 4 will earn their place for sure.  Even Clarksville won't be a gimme with Coach Buckner leading the Panthers.  They've got a real good group of sophomores, and they've put in a lot of work in the offseason.

Maumelle is on the way back.  I said it in another thread - if we're good up front, we'll be good.  Our skill position guys will be the best athletes in the conference, except maybe the Criswells from Morrilton.

Go Postal

Go Postal

More Criswells?  :o I see the cloning factory in Motown Is still in production.  How many years has it been?

beach bum

Quote from: Go Postal on July 20, 2017, 05:07:07 pm
More Criswells?  :o I see the cloning factory in Motown Is still in production.  How many years has it been?

My hometown has a family like that.... I swear it's generation and generation of athletes that are a pipeline for the school.

the voice

Quote from: Go Postal on July 20, 2017, 05:07:07 pm
There could be as many as five on the field at once. Won't be hard to find   

Deuceswild

The Goblins have 5 Jones kids no relation that I know of other than their "on the field brotherhood" but u will see plenty from the Husky clan. Pretty sure they purchased them boys by the dozen.

Hoghead2

Hope looks as if it might continue its run of 0-10 this year. The Offensive and Defensive lines are thin.

@ Nashville L
@ Ashdown L
    Prescott L
    DeQueen ?
@ Hot Springs L
    Watson Chapel L
@ Hot Springs LKSD L
    Camden FVW L
@ White Hall L
    Magnolia L

Heck you never know. Good luck Bobcats !!!

AHS06

Quote from: Hoghead2 on July 24, 2017, 12:25:30 am
Hope looks as if it might continue its run of 0-10 this year. The Offensive and Defensive lines are thin.

@ Nashville L
@ Ashdown L
    Prescott L
    DeQueen ?
@ Hot Springs L
    Watson Chapel L
@ Hot Springs LKSD L
    Camden FVW L
@ White Hall L
    Magnolia L

Heck you never know. Good luck Bobcats !!!

Those BobKittens should beat DeQueen and/or Camden/Magnolia.

PapaHog

You've lost your mind if you think Hope is going to beat Camden or Magnolia. I know Camden has mercy ruled them 3 years in a row in JR high. I can imagine that will carry over to the Varsity level as well. Camden won that game easy last year and will win it easier this year.

old.dole

They were taking a knee in the 4th quarter to keep from scoring in one of them

GuvHog

Quote from: PapaHog on July 28, 2017, 05:52:35 pm
You've lost your mind if you think Hope is going to beat Camden or Magnolia. I know Camden has mercy ruled them 3 years in a row in JR high. I can imagine that will carry over to the Varsity level as well. Camden won that game easy last year and will win it easier this year.

I've thought the same thing about Watson Chapel for years. Their Junior high team has won multiple conference titles and they've actually gone undefeated several times but it hasn't really carried over to the Senior Varsity.

The_Pioneer

2017-08-31    Jonesboro     (@ASU)     L
2017-09-08   at Searcy                     W
2017-09-15   at Mountain Home        W   
2017-09-22   at Nettleton             W
2017-09-29    Paragould                     W
2017-10-06   at Forrest City             W
2017-10-13   Wynne                     L (Wynne is unbeatable)
2017-10-20   at Blytheville             W
2017-10-27   Greene County Tech     W
2017-11-03   at Valley View             W

AIREDALE25

Alma 9-1 (7-0) only loss to Greenwood.
But I do feel the year is coming for Alma to finally beat Greenwood. What year would be better then my senior year at Alma. I'm going to say it now. If Alma takes down Greenwood in week 3. They will be playing in Little Rock come December. Should be an interesting season!

AHS06

Quote from: GuvHog on July 29, 2017, 08:41:18 am
I've thought the same thing about Watson Chapel for years. Their Junior high team has won multiple conference titles and they've actually gone undefeated several times but it hasn't really carried over to the Senior Varsity.
+1

Youngsta71701

Camden Fairview goes 7-3 overall and 5-2 in conference.

El Dorado L
Hamburg W
@ Texarkana W
@ HS Lakeside W
White Hall L
Magnolia W
@ De Queen W
@ Hope W
Hot Springs W
@ Watson Chapel L

Hogman2018

I guarantee you wont beat Texarkanal we will beat yall by at least 21 points.  With our new coaching staff we wont be the same team u saw last year and we beat you last year without our QB and running back  both of them back this year

AHS06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 03, 2017, 03:41:50 pm
Camden Fairview goes 7-3 overall and 5-2 in conference.

El Dorado L
Hamburg W
@ Texarkana W
@ HS Lakeside W
White Hall L
Magnolia W
@ De Queen W
@ Hope W
Hot Springs W
@ Watson Chapel L
There is no way that Camden will beat Arkansas High!  You guys will be leaving Texarkana before halftime.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AHS06 on August 03, 2017, 04:51:41 pm
There is no way that Camden will beat Arkansas High!  You guys will be leaving Texarkana before halftime.
What? Y'all barely beat us last year and our kids had no idea what they were doing in our new system. Lol...To be honest I look at that game as a toss up and I choose to take the optimistic route.

Youngsta71701

Say what?! Texarkana is that salty huh? Love the optimism. ;)

AHS06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 04, 2017, 05:55:13 am
What? Y'all barely beat us last year and our kids had no idea what they were doing in our new system. Lol...To be honest I look at that game as a toss up and I choose to take the optimistic route.
We were without our starting QB and RB during the game last year.  The Hogs let y'all back in the game last year, which is expected for an inexperienced team.  So this year your guys should be adjusted to the new system, while we have a new coaching staff...

AHS06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 04, 2017, 05:57:14 am
Say what?! Texarkana is that salty huh? Love the optimism. ;)
We beat y'all last year so there is no need to be salty.  We are just optimistic! LOL

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AHS06 on August 04, 2017, 07:39:22 am
We beat y'all last year so there is no need to be salty.  We are just optimistic! LOL
Lol...That's the best way to be.

GuvHog

I won't predict that Texarkana will beat Camden Fairview that bad but I do believe those Razorbacks will get the win over them. I don't think Fairview will beat HS Lakeside on the Rams home turf either.

PA Dad

Pulaski Academy

Sand Springs (OK). - Win
Ridgeway (Tn). -       Win
Parkway (LA).           Win
Fair.                          Win
Beebe.                      Win
LRCA.                        Win
Sylvan Hills.                Win
Parkview.                   Win
McClellan.                   Win
Mills.                          Win

I am least confident of the Parkway game.  They are ranked in the top 100 nationally in some polls.  They have some highly recruited players.  I'm picking PA because we play them at home.

AHS06

Quote from: PA Dad on August 05, 2017, 08:19:17 pm
Pulaski Academy

Sand Springs (OK). - Win
Ridgeway (Tn). -       Win
Parkway (LA).           Win
Fair.                          Win
Beebe.                      Win
LRCA.                        Win
Sylvan Hills.                Win
Parkview.                   Win
McClellan.                   Win
Mills.                          Win

I am least confident of the Parkway game.  They are ranked in the top 100 nationally in some polls.  They have some highly recruited players.  I'm picking PA because we play them at home.
Parkway is tough.

oldjacketman

RamAlum10

Lakeside Rams 8-2 is my prediction.  Usually play well at home, and will have that advantage against a good CF, Watson Chapel (even though I have the Rams losing), and an always athletic Malvern team.

at Pulaski Robinson  W
at Sylvan Hills  W
Malvern W
Camden Fairview W
at Magnolia   L
at White Hall   W
Hope  W
at DeQueen  W
Watson Chapel   L
at Hot Springs  W

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas