• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A 2017

Started by whippersnapper, July 05, 2017, 11:27:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

How does everyone think this season will go? My money is on Lincoln. They return 10 offensive and 7 defensive starters off a team that went 5-5 (3 of those losses were by 10 points or less). Starting QB is standing at almost 6'2 with 3 of his 4 WRs are over 6'0 ft as well. Shifty little tailback with ok size on the line. 

Tigerdad2

Sounds like a good group, but I'll put my money on the Tigers.
If Lincoln can ever get past the mental block of beating Prairie Grove, Lincoln can turn the program around

nuttinbuthogs

That might be true if PG was the only team to beat the Wolves.  5-5 is an ok record but it sounds like the jr group is not going to carry the top of the conference in high school with out some help from other classes. Be interesting to see how well the 9-1 group will do now that they are freshmen and have the whole jr program.

whippersnapper

As we speak there is currently a jh pad camp going on at Shiloh. Consists of elkins, harrison, lincoln and shiloh. Is suppose to occur same time next week as well

nuttinbuthogs

How is the junior team doing at the camp?

whippersnapper

Report from last week was that they would make 1-2 good plays or drives then would have a bad play/drive. Coach Harrison also thought he may have worked them out too much last tuesday. So yesterday they had a helmet only practice, today's teams at the camp were Shiloh, Gentry, Gravette. The wolves took care of business. Just night and day difference from last week. 3 of the 4 starting WRs all had multiple big plays and TDs. Defense did their part too and had some big INTs.

whippersnapper

Lincoln beat Westville 34-6 last night

whippersnapper

Lincoln beat Stillwell 33-8 tonight.

whippersnapper

Momma_S

9/14/17
Berryville 15
Green Forest 0

prHOG13

Half of Pea Ridge's team is out for a while. Soooo many injuries. Gonna be a long season

whippersnapper

Gravette 28 Lincoln 26.

nuttinbuthogs

WS, what was your opinion of the game and the crowd?

whippersnapper

Gravettes QB is pretty good in my opinion. If Davis doesnt start cramping in the 4th qtr I believe he intercepts the ball late on that deep pass to secure the win. I dont pay much attention to the crowd. Also something that didnt help this week was JH didn't even practice wednesday because of some reading test. They already only get about a 50 minute practice and to miss the day before a game is tough.

nuttinbuthogs

Why can't the junior boys get more time?

whippersnapper

They're only schedule in black and white 1 full hour I believe. Throw in dress time and a couple required breaks. Cuts down on time.

nuttinbuthogs

Oh, that makes sense of course, I mean why can't they get scheduled more time?  Do we need another coach or two so they can work out more?

whippersnapper

If lincoln could hire 1-2 more coaches they could be a split staff then. The only split going on currently is Bounds and Philpot having 7th grade by themselves since theyre both at the MS. Although theyre at the other games on the sideline. I think most teams in the confernce don't have split staffs. Pea Ridge is the only one I can name off the top of my head that for sure does.

nuttinbuthogs

Ok, so all the coaches are coaching the junior team during their period.  It would be nice if they could have a full afternoon practice with their own coaches.  I believe the old coach did that one day a week..  Seems it would help with conditioning and how well they play.

whippersnapper

nuttinbuthogs

Goood win for junior Wolves.

prHOG13

Quote from: whippersnapper on September 28, 2017, 09:39:26 pm
Lincoln 6 PR 0 final
Frustrating game. So many injuries on that Jr High squad. Like I said earlier itt, it's gonna be a long year for this group. Davis is a lot of fun to watch play. Gonna be a good one

whippersnapper

Lincoln 38 Berryville 22

nuttinbuthogs

Does that make Lincoln jr 4-2?  Losses to Gravette and Harrison?

whippersnapper

Yes. Also if anyone else from the conf would like to throw scores and records this way to help out that would be appreciated. Last season I had some help with scores and was able to give weekly standings.

whippersnapper

Lincoln 41 Huntsville 7. The ones pitched a shutout.

nuttinbuthogs

Whats the chance of junior high winning conference?

whippersnapper

Not sure yet. I have had a couple people message me conf scores for their team. I will try to have something up by monday. We gotta win out for at least a share of it.

whippersnapper

This is the best that I can come up with so if anyone know of anything different please inform me so I can adjust.
1. Prairie Grove 4-0
T2. Gravette 3-1
T2. Lincoln 3-1
T2. Shiloh 3-1
T2. Gentry 3-1
T8. Berryville 0-4
T8. Huntsville 0-4
T8. Pea Ridge 0-4

prHOG13

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 15, 2017, 03:58:55 pm
This is the best that I can come up with so if anyone know of anything different please inform me so I can adjust.
1. Prairie Grove 4-0
T2. Gravette 3-1
T2. Lincoln 3-1
T2. Shiloh 3-1
T2. Gentry 3-1
T8. Berryville 0-4
T8. Huntsville 0-4
T8. Pea Ridge 0-4
Pea Ridge is 0-7

whippersnapper

Not sure of everyone's overall record so I just listed the conf.

Momma_S

Berryville is 2-5.

Lost to Gravette 26-23 on 10/12.

nuttinbuthogs

For Lincoln we have to beat Prairie Grove if we want to win it. What's the chances?

whippersnapper

Not sure. 2 years ago in 7th grade both teams were 9-0 going into week 10. Then on game day it started raining and storming, the KO is suppose to be at 5:30 and was actually closer to 7 after delays. PG won 28-12 I think, somewhere close to that. Truth of the game was the wing t (for that age group) was built more for the mud and rain. Not the spread the wolves run.

whippersnapper

Shiloh 16 Lincoln 15 FINAL

prHOG13

Berryville 0
Pea Ridge 30

Final

whippersnapper

Tough tough night for the wolf pack, they literally outgained/outplayed Shiloh all over the field other then....the little things. And at the end of the day that's what will win or lose you a ball game. Had about 3-4 false snaps and one of the SC scores was a pick 6. The other was a double reverse pass. I hate it for the kids because you could tell after the game a few of them felt like they were the reason they lost. But at the end of the day you win as a team and lose as a team. Keep your heads up, finish the season strong and go out beat Gentry then PG.

Momma_S

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 19, 2017, 10:21:20 pm
Berryville 0
Pea Ridge 30

Final

Is PR now 1-7?
There was some outstanding sportsmanship shown on that field last night. I was impressed.

nuttinbuthogs

Where does the result of last nights games leave the conference standing?

whippersnapper

Updated Conf Standings
1. PG 5-0
T2. Shiloh 4-1
T2. Gravette 4-1
T3. Lincoln 3-2
T3. Gentry 3-2
6. Pea Ridge 1-4
T8. Huntsville 0-5
T8. Berryville 0-5

nuttinbuthogs

With two games left it could be a tie in several positions at the end.  About as expected except for Pea Ridge falling so far.

prHOG13

Quote from: Momma_S on October 20, 2017, 08:04:59 am
Is PR now 1-7?
There was some outstanding sportsmanship shown on that field last night. I was impressed.
Yes mam.

We've been hammered with injuries this year and have multiple starters out for the year, and we've had more concussions than I can remember. There's some talent on this team, just haven't gotten it to work

nuttinbuthogs

Has been a tough year for sure, 1-7.  Who'd of thought that.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 16, 2017, 05:12:56 pm
Not sure. 2 years ago in 7th grade both teams were 9-0 going into week 10. Then on game day it started raining and storming, the KO is suppose to be at 5:30 and was actually closer to 7 after delays. PG won 28-12 I think, somewhere close to that. Truth of the game was the wing t (for that age group) was built more for the mud and rain. Not the spread the wolves run.
This is a great example how it's so hard to build success at Lincoln.  9 wins in 7th equals 5-7 in JR High, then 3-4 in SR High. Tough situation. On the other hand PG keeps rolling

nuttinbuthogs

Some of the keys to success at PG include most importantly, a long term head coach and assistants and one system of doing things. 

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 24, 2017, 08:57:33 am
Some of the keys to success at PG include most importantly, a long term head coach and assistants and one system of doing things. 

You touch a good point.  Lincoln has had multiple coaches, HC and assistants over the years.  That means the kids don't learn the same system and stick with it.  Harris was there for 6 seasons and several other coaches left about the same time.  The current HC is in year year 3 but has already had to suffle coaches around and hire for a few that have left.   HOw long has PG had the same staff?  Makes a difference.

Tigerdad2

All great points, I think the staff has been together for 15-20 years

whippersnapper

I believe Harrison staying put in Lincoln will be a big reason why he has success there. Had Harris stayed there would be a totally different light on Lincoln then currently. Given time Lincoln will be in the playoffs nearly every year under Harrison. Shoot they missed it last year by 2 points. Have a chance with a win Friday to get back in it. No matter what their JH record is I believe the freshmen class will have a chance to be in the playoffs all 3 years in SR high. Not saying they will. But have a shot.

RZback

You could of course be right about Lincoln making the playoffs this year, Friday will probably clear that up.  They might even make it with the current freshmen you talked about.  However, they are fighting for 5th in the current and near future scheme of things.  Still bottom half, and frankly long term history of Lincoln football  and apparent falling enrollment doesn't support that.  Harrison is already in year 3 and I doubt he would want to stay much longer if he doesn't get to the playoffs this and or next season. Just saying.

nuttinbuthogs

How are this years 7th grade doing at Lincoln?  4-4 is that corrrect?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas