• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks Coaching Search Begins

Started by Big Boy, May 16, 2017, 03:42:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Boy

Just heard that Perrin is quitting, along with Sprick.  I think I know, but what the heck is going on in Hardscrabble...

polksalet

Eslim03

Wow interesting what's going on in the holler?

Katdaddy

Perrin there for 1 year then bolts!!! What's going on?

Big Boy

Not exactly sure. Sprick moving on to Horatio and Perrin was new news to me.

Katdaddy

What is Sprick going to Coach at Horatio?? Obviously it's not baseball since Spigner is still there?

Proud Buckaroo

Sounds like some inside issues...

Hopefully they can find someone pretty quick. With spring ball starting... Whose going to work with the boys?

tacklethis...

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 16, 2017, 05:50:03 pm
Sounds like some inside issues...

Hopefully they can find someone pretty quick. With spring ball starting... Whose going to work with the boys?

I'm not suprised by either move...

The new coach will need the same work ethic as Parrin with more desire to be loyal to the program.

tellitlikeitis

Rumor has it that assistant football and assistant baseball coach Dustin Bissell is leaving Dierks also.... NOT CONFIRMED , JUST RUMOR .....

KOJACK

Quote from: Katdaddy on May 16, 2017, 05:15:11 pm
Perrin there for 1 year then bolts!!! What's going on?
Wow...I'm shocked  ::) ::)

Look A Here

Is this for sure? Where is Perrin heading now?

Big Boy

Quote from: tellitlikeitis on May 17, 2017, 10:17:07 am
Rumor has it that assistant football and assistant baseball coach Dustin Bissell is leaving Dierks also.... NOT CONFIRMED , JUST RUMOR .....
I heard the same thing; heard he's going back to school.

Katdaddy

That makes 3 coaches in 1 day wow!!

southarkdaddy

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Katdaddy on May 17, 2017, 12:43:25 pm
That makes 3 coaches in 1 day wow!!

That would indicate that promotion from within might not be as likely....

XFalkonz

At least he stayed longer than two weeks at Dierks. This does not surprise me

hoggystyle

Perrin leaving shouldn't surprise anyone....that's what he does. 2 years here, 2 or 3 years his own gym, a year or 2 here or there. He's a coaching gypsy. I have no problem with him doing what's best for him, I'm just ashamed that some didn't heed the warning , and act surprised now that this has happened. I do really hate it for the kids that bought into what he was selling, and put in the hard work.

HorseFeathers

Chasing Sasquatch is a full time job....

whoknows

Heard Strickland is a candidate

MagicMike

Strickland would make a lot of sense

Katdaddy

Strickland is a great football coach. He has had success as assistant and a head coach. The only concern is his contract with Mineral. I would assume he has already signed it but I'm not sure.

MagicMike

Surely they would let him out. Schools can get a bad reputation for not letting assistants be released for head coaching positions

brotherdew

Maybe we should wait until they post the position and see who applies.

I don't know a lot of Strickland's history, but it seems like he seems to stay at a school once he takes the job. Besides, he is a head coach. He's the head baseball coach at Mineral Springs.
Maybe he is looking forward to working with an old friend as he tackles the challenge of building a baseball program in a school where they haven't had a reputation for baseball.

Maybe Dayton Kitchens is looking to move home? The last time an alum moved back Dierks had a pretty good run.

whoknows

My understanding (and this is just hearsay)...it sounds to me like Perrin needs to coach at a bigger school...I feel like he just wants to coach football without the hassle of everything else that comes along with being at a small school...poor Attendance...not fulfilling obligations...heard the school board wasn't happy...they felt he needed to be reprimanded...he didn't agree and he quit...

Look A Here

Doesn't Dierks have a pretty solid team coming back?  I thought they were returning some pretty good kids next year.

stuck in between

Dierks lost about 15 seniors from last years team The towns people there would like for everyone to think that they gonna be down, but they are nearly always in the hunt come November.

COACH-Mike

Strickland will be in green today at the scrimmage.  Good luck fellas!  I'm hoping he likes what he sees and stays with us.  Teachers Contracts are not binding until June 13 even if signed.  Tough situation trying to fill all those positions this late.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: COACH-Mike on May 18, 2017, 01:11:15 pm
Strickland will be in green today at the scrimmage.  Good luck fellas!  I'm hoping he likes what he sees and stays with us.  Teachers Contracts are not binding until June 13 even if signed.  Tough situation trying to fill all those positions this late.

If I recall correctly about 10 years ago Lafayette County hired a new head coach just a week before the season started and made the playoffs.

Katdaddy

Does anyone know if BlueBlood is still alive? I can't believe we have not gotten a post from him!!!!

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Katdaddy on May 18, 2017, 04:57:27 pm
Does anyone know if BlueBlood is still alive? I can't believe we have not gotten a post from him!!!!

Alive & well

Lumberjackfan1978

Katdaddy

COACH-Mike

[clap] [slap]
BLUE....THROUGH & THROUGH
View Profile
Personal Message (Online)

Re: Mineral Springs

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 03:01:00 pm »

Quote from: nsuqb10 on December 24, 2016, 03:13:58 pm

Didn't this used to be a good job?

Has definitely been better than it is right now. 

Quoted from Mineral Post.  May be the same can be said here.  Good Luck to  you Blueblood.

BLUEBLOOD

I believe the Outlaws will be alright. 3 coaches in 4 years isn't the plan but plans change all the time. Good luck to coaches departing and good luck in search for replacements.

Always great to be an Outlaw. Thanks for the well wishes Mike.

Big Boy

From SW Arkansas News:

Dierks Superintendent Holly Cothren announced today (Thursday, May 18) that Outlaw head coach and athletic director, Vince Perrin, has submitted his letter of resignation.

Perrin, who replaced David Bennett, was hired in June 2016 to head up the Outlaws. He led the team into the first round of the playoffs with a record or 6-5. Perrin's resignation will become effective May 31.

Also this week, head Outlaw baseball coach Stephen Sprick is expected to officially submit his resignation.

Sprick told The Nashville News-Leader earlier this week that he has accepted a position with the Horatio School District where he will be an assistant baseball coach and the football team's defensive coordinator.

Sprick led the Outlaw baseball team for four years and collected 74 wins, three undefeated conference championships, one regional tournament championship, three district tournament championships and was chosen as Coach of the Year three times.

Big Boy

Heard Perrin is expected to take a job at Acorn...(not sure what that would be)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Big Boy on May 19, 2017, 10:59:07 am
Heard Perrin is expected to take a job at Acorn...(not sure what that would be)

My guess would be baseball.

SUGARTOWN

May 19, 2017, 12:21:58 pm #37 Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:16:41 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: whoknows on May 17, 2017, 09:50:02 pm
My understanding (and this is just hearsay)...it sounds to me like Perrin needs to coach at a bigger school...I feel like he just wants to coach football without the hassle of everything else that comes along with being at a small school...poor Attendance...not fulfilling obligations...heard the school board wasn't happy...they felt he needed to be reprimanded...he didn't agree and he quit...

He was at a bigger school a couple years ago, it didn't work out too well.

old.dole

This the same Perrin that never sticks around anywhere. If so what's the longest he has been somewhere

hoggystyle

Quote from: old.dole on May 19, 2017, 01:20:24 pm
This the same Perrin that never sticks around anywhere. If so what's the longest he has been somewhere

5-2 odds  that his longest stay anywhere is 9 months/womb

HorseFeathers

wasn't he at mineral springs for a couple years?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: hoggystyle on May 19, 2017, 02:41:25 pm
5-2 odds  that his longest stay anywhere is 9 months/womb

How does one afford to move around so much? Lol.

HorseFeathers

Proud Buckaroo

Dayton Kitchens

Lay off Coach Perrin.    There are issues completely  beyond his control that are the dominant influences on him changing schools fairly often.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 19, 2017, 04:58:32 pm
Lay off Coach Perrin.    There are issues completely  beyond his control that are the dominant influences on him changing schools fairly often.

Still doesn't help the reputation of being a job hopper

XFalkonz

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 19, 2017, 04:58:32 pm
he gets much mileage out of those circumstance ...it is a convenient excuse when he needs it

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: XFalkonz on May 19, 2017, 09:44:47 pm
he gets much mileage out of those circumstance ...it is a convenient excuse when he needs it

Doesn't make them less real

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: XFalkonz on May 19, 2017, 09:44:47 pm

XFalkonz

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 20, 2017, 10:00:42 am
After a while it is all white noise..drag out the excuses whenever you need them...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas