• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A state tournament

Started by FNLsupporter, May 08, 2017, 09:38:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Wonderdog on May 13, 2017, 06:05:28 pm
Riverside 5
Greenland 9
Final

Congrats to Riverside on a great season!!

Bald Knob 3
Harding Academy 10
Final

Harding Academy vs Greenland for 3A title

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Wonderdog on May 13, 2017, 06:05:28 pm
Riverside 4
Greenland 9
Final

Bald Knob 3
Harding Academy 10
Final

Harding Academy vs Greenland for 3A title

According to MaxPreps, that's HA's 4th win over BK this year. Tough to do.

Also, from what I've seen, Riverside was a formidable opponent. Greenland posted a solid win.

Congrats to both Greenland and HA on advancing to the state championship game.

Jimbo Morphis

RedWolf275

Quote from: CoolBreeze on May 13, 2017, 06:41:46 pm
According to MaxPreps, that's HA's 4th win over BK this year. Tough to do.

Also, from what I've seen, Riverside was a formidable opponent. Greenland posted a solid win.

Congrats to both Greenland and HA on advancing to the state championship game.

I was looking forward to seeing Gavin Stone against HA in the finals but you have to get there first. Rebels made too many errors and gave up way too many unearned runs against a solid Greenland team to advance.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 14, 2017, 09:58:03 am
I was looking forward to seeing Gavin Stone against HA in the finals but you have to get there first. Rebels made too many errors and gave up way too many unearned runs against a solid Greenland team to advance.
Yeah, I suspect he has the talent to shut them down. But it's not to be.

Wonderdog

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 14, 2017, 09:58:03 am
Biggest lesson Riverside learned was to use your glove instead of your bare hand when turning a double play.

bleudog

Quote from: The Green Arrow on May 13, 2017, 12:39:18 pm
Bald Knob scores 2 in top of 7th. Defeats JC 3-2. Play winner of HA and Charleston at 3.

CLICK HERE

Rebelfan77

Wonderdog 9 out 10 times I guarantee you Riverside can turn that double play barehanded.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Rebelfan77 on May 14, 2017, 10:57:04 pm
Wonderdog 9 out 10 times I guarantee you Riverside can turn that double play barehanded.
Maybe so, but that error started a 6 run rally as opposed to having 2 outs with nobody on (assuming the play would have been made using the glove). It was a huge momentum shift for Greenland.

Rebelfan77

May 15, 2017, 02:30:46 am #109 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:52:15 am by Rebelfan77
Well let's see if he can do it the next 9 out of 10 times at UCA. Sounds like to me you have a chip on your shoulder and Riverside has something to do with it. You really can't say that one play caused them to lose. There were several errors that cost them the game. Greenland was the better team that day and they deserve to be playing next Weekend. Good luck to them.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Rebelfan77 on May 15, 2017, 02:30:46 am
Well let's see if he can do it the next 9 out of 10 times at UCA. Sounds like to me you have a chip on your shoulder and Riverside has something to do with it. You really can't say that one play caused them to lose. There were several errors that cost them the game. Greenland was the better team that day and they deserve to be playing next Weekend. Good luck to them.
No chip at all against Riverside. Never even laid eyes on a Riverside team in any sport until Saturday. I was under the impression your SS was the UCA commit? He didn't even commit the error I referred to. His throw was perfect, the ball was dropped by the 2B trying to bare-hand it. You are correct, that one error did not cost them the game, but it was the momentum changing catalyst that took the wind out of Riverside's sails.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas