• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best conference?

Started by MDXPHD, November 11, 2017, 03:45:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

The west is the best conference and it's not even close. This is because they have 4 teams left. They have 4 out of the top 8 teams in 5A! Who wants to debate this? Facts are facts. I wouldn't be surprised to see an all west final 4 -- they're that good! Go west!

A D M

We will see this week when the west plays someone other than the south.

Intelligentsia

You huntin' fer an argument.  You oughter take that up fer livin', seeuns you're so keen on it!! 

beach bum

The West will have 3 out of 4 make the semifinals....

PA Dad

Quote from: beach bum on November 11, 2017, 05:07:48 pm
The West will have 3 out of 4 make the semifinals....

That is possible but I don't think it is likely.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 11, 2017, 05:06:46 pm
You huntin' fer an argument.  You oughter take that up fer livin', seeuns you're so keen on it!!

I might just do that! Lol

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 05:10:41 pm
That is possible but I don't think it is likely.

Definitely going to happen. Head and shoulders better than the rest. Get ready to lose Friday.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 05:13:17 pm
I might just do that! Lol

Definitely going to happen. Head and shoulders better than the rest. Get ready to lose Friday.

Well if he's picking PA to lose, what West team is he picking to lose?  Maybe Morrilton?

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 05:20:32 pm
Well if he's picking PA to lose, what West team is he picking to lose?  Maybe Morrilton?

He's just leaving room for error.

A D M

I just checked the picks for this week. Looks like all the West teams are picked to lose.

PA Dad

Quote from: A D M on November 11, 2017, 05:36:51 pm
I just checked the picks for this week. Looks like all the West teams are picked to lose.

Well that's possible too, but I don't think it's likely.

Go Postal

I'm watching the VV @ PA game.  I have a rule question.  When PA scored their 35th point, they had a  Lineman #70 to run the ball as a Runningback for the TD.  Some here watching it said they can't do that because of the Jersey number.  Some say he can.
Anyone know what the actual rule is?

InYoGrill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 03:45:17 pm
The west is the best conference and it's not even close. This is because they have 4 teams left. They have 4 out of the top 8 teams in 5A! Who wants to debate this? Facts are facts. I wouldn't be surprised to see an all west final 4 -- they're that good! Go west!

It is about time you got smart and seen the light. Thanks for coming to your senses and letting go of your SERIOUS bias.

It isn't even close and those are the TRUE FACTS. SEC WEST went 4-0. Wins don't lie. Jump on the West bandwagon. We will take you for a exciting joy ride to the TOP this year.

Grill  ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 11, 2017, 06:08:55 pm
It is about time you got smart and seen the light. Thanks for coming to your senses and letting go of your SERIOUS bias.

It isn't even close and those are the TRUE FACTS. SEC WEST went 4-0. Wins don't lie. Jump on the West bandwagon. We will take you for a exciting joy ride to the TOP this year.

Grill  ;D

Ok Grill, will the West sweep the games again this week?😜

InYoGrill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 06:14:38 pm
Ok Grill, will the West sweep the games again this week?😜

Here is my coded answer PAD-  ;) ;) ;)... being realistic you know what I am thinking except that other one.  :D

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 11, 2017, 06:20:47 pm
Here is my coded answer PAD-  ;) ;) ;)... being realistic you know what I am thinking except that other one.  :D

What?  I need the key to the code!

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 11, 2017, 06:20:47 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 06:40:43 pm
What?  I need the key to the code!
I'll translate for you PA Dad, I can read Veaglish...

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2017, 07:00:30 pm
I'll translate for you PA Dad, I can read Veaglish...

Thanks,  it's perfectly clear to me now!

The Future

Depends on your specifications for what deems a conference great.

I say the West is the best because it's the most entertaining and the hardest to pencil in winners. As we've seen this season. Anyone can beat anyone

The South would be second I'd say.
The Central is all one team and the East is all Batesville and Wynne. Nettleton's spike good year this year doesn't count yet. It could be the start of them being a threat every year or they could be a one and done like  Monticello 09 and Hope a couple years back.

Looking at the next cycles sortment of conferences, it looks to be a really fun year next season.

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on November 11, 2017, 08:04:02 pm
Depends on your specifications for what deems a conference great.

I say the West is the best because it's the most entertaining and the hardest to pencil in winners. As we've seen this season. Anyone can beat anyone

The South would be second I'd say.
The Central is all one team and the East is all Batesville and Wynne. Nettleton's spike good year this year doesn't count yet. It could be the start of them being a threat every year or they could be a one and done like  Monticello 09 and Hope a couple years back.

Looking at the next cycles sortment of conferences, it looks to be a really fun year next season.

I think his question was which conference has the strongest teams top to bottom.

The West may  be best.  Friday will tell us a lot about that.

No way, under any criteria, is the South second.  You'll have to explain that pick.

The Central may be the strongest this year.  It's certainly much stronger than the South.

East has Nettleton this year.  Batesville is gone.  I disagree with you again.

The Future

Which conference has the strongest top to bottom teams is definitely one way to rank them. Nothing wrong with it.

I went with a mix of history, how evenly matched the teams are, how entertaining the games are, and some other stuff.
Had I went by strictly strength of teams then yea I would put the West or Central the best and the East and South third or fourth.

I put the West first because you never know how it'll play out. We don't have the best team in the class but 6 of the 8 teams this year were close to being playoff worthy. Anyone can beat anyone.

I put the South second because there has been great match ups over the years and the South lots of times has a team in the semis.

The East other than this year is always either Batesville or Wynne. Blytheville stepped up a few years ago and is trending up. And now Nettleton has shown up. But like I said we'll see if they can keep it up or fall back to mediocre.

The Central every year is the same. PA top. LRC and McClellan battling for second. A handful of average teams and then LR Fair. The Central is facing the same issue the West faced when Greenwood was there. And also what the SEC does with Bama. They have the classes best team so therefore they wanna be the best conference.

I probably shoulda went with the more believable factual rank of the conferences due to strength of teams top to bottom. However when I saw the question mark after the thread name I figured it was asking your opinion on which is the better conference. So I gave my opinion rather than the fact. Kinda like if someone says who's the best nfl team they always give their favorite team rather than who statistically is the best team

redsport27

November 11, 2017, 08:36:49 pm #20 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:40:31 pm by redsport27
I agree on the west beating each other up. That was a brutal yet interesting conference this year. I think the west proved it's strength after the sweep of the south last night. I say they are #1 as of now.

The second best conference is the central. Majority of those teams could easily compete in the south and east conference. I said compete. Keep that mind. Plus, there is so much talent that comes out of the central.

East would be my third choice. There are strong teams like Nettleton, Batesville and Wynne. Valley View impressed me this year as well. I just think their conference as a whole isn't as strong as the West or Central.

Lastly, you have the south...The south has good teams, but this year was just a disappointment. I predicted a sweep and a few people disagreed. I'm from White Hall and would have loved to see a south team go deep in playoffs but I knew deep down that wasn't going to happen this year.

I based my reasoning off of this year. If I took in the history of the teams, then maybe there would be a change or two.

MDXPHD

How many quality wins does the west have over any other conferences this season? I haven't seen all the schedules so just curious. I'm not sure the east has any other than this past weekend.

Blazer51

Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2017, 06:08:18 pm
I'm watching the VV @ PA game.  I have a rule question.  When PA scored their 35th point, they had a  Lineman #70 to run the ball as a Runningback for the TD.  Some here watching it said they can't do that because of the Jersey number.  Some say he can.
Anyone know what the actual rule is?

I could be wrong but I believe 70 is an illegal number down field on a pass but I don't believe so a run. But it's been years since I have seen that rule. My senior year against Osceola we lined up or 2 biggest lineman in the red zone at full back and tail back. Full back was 6'3 310lbs and the tailback was 5'9 405lbs. Needless to say, they scored. 😂

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 12, 2017, 08:27:39 am
I could be wrong but I believe 70 is an illegal number down field on a pass but I don't believe so a run. But it's been years since I have seen that rule. My senior year against Osceola we lined up or 2 biggest lineman in the red zone at full back and tail back. Full back was 6'3 310lbs and the tailback was 5'9 405lbs. Needless to say, they scored. 😂
Just FYI, not sure 100% on the rule but I didn't think any number was illegal.  However, PA will let all the seniors score if they can near the end of the season and when games are in hand.  Point being, we've run plays like this for years.  So if it was a missed call, they haven't enforced those rules for a while.

lizard1989

if the player declares that he has an ineligible number playing an eligible position, I believe that it is fine.  But I believe that the officials have to be notified first.

P.F.G.

Quote from: lizard1989 on November 12, 2017, 05:42:59 pm
if the player declares that he has an ineligible number playing an eligible position, I believe that it is fine.  But I believe that the officials have to be notified first.

This. He can run the ball anytime.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas