• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 4A Boys Teams

Started by centralarkansasbasketball, May 02, 2017, 12:07:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

centralarkansasbasketball

Who does everyone think the early top 5 boys teams in 4A are for next season?

pridgehog

May 02, 2017, 01:58:54 pm #1 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:07:54 pm by pridgehog
Baptist Prep
Bauxite
Monticello
Batesville Southside
Warren
Pottsville
Prep at the top and not sure where the other 5 rank but that's my top 6. They were all young this past season.

AirItOut21

Monticello will be average at best next year. They graduated a lot from a team that couldn't make it out of regionals.

pridgehog

Quote from: AirItOut21 on May 02, 2017, 02:22:30 pm
Monticello will be average at best next year. They graduated a lot from a team that couldn't make it out of regionals.
They were playing some 9th graders too. I think they will be a surprise.

AirItOut21

Quote from: pridgehog on May 02, 2017, 04:38:23 pm
They were playing some 9th graders too. I think they will be a surprise.

Two 9th grade guards. They aren't moving up anything else from last years junior high that can help. I highly doubt they will be in the top 5 conversation next season.

pridgehog

Quote from: AirItOut21 on May 02, 2017, 05:21:39 pm
Two 9th grade guards. They aren't moving up anything else from last years junior high that can help. I highly doubt they will be in the top 5 conversation next season.
Well this list is no good now anyway since Baptist Moved down and now Mills moves up... So, there may be some shake ups. Never count coach Loyd at Pea Ridge out.

AirItOut21

Quote from: pridgehog on May 04, 2017, 08:27:07 am
Well this list is no good now anyway since Baptist Moved down and now Mills moves up... So, there may be some shake ups. Never count coach Loyd at Pea Ridge out.

Those classification movements will not take place until 2018/2019 season

pridgehog

Ok, then Ill stick with it...  However, what are your top 5 or 6 teams in 4A Air???

AirItOut21

1. Baptist Prep
2. Batesville Southside
3. Pottsville
4. Warren
5. Bauxite
6. Jonesboro Westside
7. Riverview
8. Nashville
9. Pea Ridge
10. Mena

pridgehog

Ya know, Subiaco may be in that top 10 too. I think they were young too...

AirItOut21

Quote from: pridgehog on May 04, 2017, 10:45:40 am

I considered them. I think they were more a product of their weak conference but the close loss to Cave City was impressive. They will be in the mix.

pridgehog

I think the 4A Region 1 Conference will be tough. Pea Ridge, Gravette, Prairie Grove and S. Christian should all be really good.   

STUNNA

nice seeing Warren basketball make strides.... the athletes are there

Trojanball24

The 4A-1 and the 4-4A will be by far the toughest region to get out of this coming year. Pottsville and Subi will be tough but on the other side you got Gravette that returns a bunch and Shiloh and Pea Ridge will be tough as well. Basketball in the 1-4A is on the rise I know at Lincoln we will have the best 9th grade class we have had in 10 years.

pridgehog

Will Lincoln consider moving any 9th graders up?

Trojanball24

Not sure! They should have a shot to win JR High between them Shiloh and Gravette

Hog-fan

Quote from: pridgehog on May 04, 2017, 10:45:40 am

It would be a long shot to repeat the moderate success they had last season.  Unfortunately, Subi does not develop their younger players very well.  Outside the top 8-10 guys, during practice, the others are simply left to 'play' on the other side of the court on their own without much supervision or instruction.  There is no real program in place for development.  They are only losing two Seniors, but those two were the entire inside for the team, so a good opponent should be able to expose them badly on the inside next year.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Hog-fan one should not talk so poorly about the institution most of their family graduated from.

Hog-fan

June 08, 2017, 12:10:38 pm #18 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:34:20 am by Hog-fan
Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on June 07, 2017, 04:32:47 pm
Hog-fan one should not talk so poorly about the institution most of their family graduated from.

Nothing in my comment is putting down Subiaco, just stating the facts as many of us Alums see it.  Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow, but in the end, it is still the truth.  This is an open discussion forum and if you feel my comments are unwarranted or unfair, you are entitled to disagree.  If you know me outside the forum, you are welcome to call me and I am prepared to defend my opinion.

Proud Subi Alumnus and Parent
-- Kevin Franz '84

RTF

Hog-fan, Subi has been doing that for years.....

LaFlamaBlanca55

Quote from: AirItOut21 on May 04, 2017, 10:31:03 am
1. Baptist Prep
2. Batesville Southside
3. Pottsville
4. Warren
5. Bauxite
6. Jonesboro Westside
7. Riverview
8. Nashville
9. Pea Ridge
10. Mena

I heard SOUTHSIDE BATESVILLE is getting sponsored this year by soft drink company, i think its CHOKE a cola

BigLion10

Saw on twitter where Baptist bigman Conner Vanouver is going to Findlay Prep for his Sr season

pridgehog

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 10, 2017, 03:11:27 pm
Saw on twitter where Baptist bigman Conner Vanouver is going to Findlay Prep for his Sr season
Yes, I wish that would have happened last Summer, I feel like my son would be wearing a State Championship ring if it would have. Lol! Good Luck to Conner...

NEA Razorback olfan

I expect Brookland to be a top 10 team
I heard they moved up Strode and Ballard
Strode can fill it up from deep

Bigtimebasketballfan

Wow! I saw brookland jr high this summer olfan. Very good group!! Definitely thought they had 2 kids capable of helping sr high. Seems like coach gross thought so also!

Bigleague

Those kids have no business getting moved up. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Sportsfans

Regarding Subiaco Trojan basketball, everyone is entitled to state their opinions on this open forum, so I'd like to go on record as a Subi alum and Alumni board member.  We have a rich and proud basketball tradition at Subiaco Academy.  When I was a student here in the mid to late seventies we were lead by Coach Don Branham.  His teams showed that a small private school could produce good basketball squads.  Not long after Coach Branham left Subi a young coach came in and  continued the winning ways of the Branham era.  Coach Tim Tencleve is a dedicated man, dedicated to teaching young men about basketball, but more importantly instilling life lessons through basketball.  Coach Tencleve's record speaks for itself. For Razorback basketball fans I see an analogy with the Razorbacks and the Trojans programs.  Coach Eddie Sutton put the Razorbacks on the basketball map and Coach Nolan Richardson built on that and took the program to a higher level. Likewise Coach Don Branham put Subi on the basketball map and Coach Tencleve has built on that foundation and lead the Trojans to a 25 years of quality basketball teams.  His teams rely on hard work, hustle and determination to compete in the competitive 4A division.  You cannot have the success Coach Tencleve has had without being dedicated to coaching young men and developing their skills along the way.  As I said earlier , everyone is entitled to their personal opinion and so there is mine. I think a vast majority of my fellow alumni would concur.  A young man can come to Subi and be assured of a quality education and quality coaches and programs that lead our athletic teams.

Go Trojans!

Charlie Kremers '78
Subiaco Aacademy Alumni Board President

kennyboy

1. Baptist Prep
2. Batesville Southside
3. Pottsville
4. Warren
5. Bauxite
6. Jonesboro Westside
7. Riverview
8. Nashville
9. Pea Ridge
10. Mena

I think this is a decent top 10.  Even though Connor has left, I expect Baptist to be really good.  They've got arguably the best PG in the state ... the 6'5 kid inside is not bad.  They've got another athletic guard that is pretty good.  They've got a couple of shooters too.  They'll be more flexible defensively... I've seen them press and play some man defense.  They'll be less predictable on defense.

Bauxite has everyone back on an already good team.  I think they will surprise some people. 

Mena was good and young last year as well. 

Pottsville has a shot to be the number 1 team.  They were young a very long in that 1-3-1 defense.  Lost a gritty guy to graduation, but the core is strong. 

Warren has an outstanding guard that can break anyone down off the dribble.  Then of course they have some long athletes in their 1-3-1 as well.

I'm not familiar with what Nashville has now.  I know their best player graduated I think last year though. 

THE D.O.C

1. Baptist Prep
2. Batesville Southside
3. Pottsville
4. Warren
5. Bauxite
6. Jonesboro Westside
7. Riverview
8. Nashville
9. Pea Ridge
10. Mena
Malvern boys are good

LaFlamaBlanca55

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST the BATESVILLE SOUTHSIDE SOUTHERNERS,
WILL WIN IT

Trojanball24

Who are some of the better players in 4A?

pridgehog

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on September 08, 2017, 11:10:27 am
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST the BATESVILLE SOUTHSIDE SOUTHERNERS,
WILL WIN IT
I agree that if their guard play is good enough, they can. They will have a chip on their shoulders after being ousted in the first round of districts. They had a tough matchup right off the bat though...

SouthernerPride

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on August 10, 2017, 02:55:27 pm
I heard SOUTHSIDE BATESVILLE is getting sponsored this year by soft drink company, i think its CHOKE a cola

Choking is expected with a bunch of young kids. We started 4 to 5 sophomores the majority of the year and still only lost 3 games. These kids will make you choke on your words the next two years, I can guarantee that.

LaFlamaBlanca55

Quote from: SouthernerPride on September 16, 2017, 11:24:24 am
Choking is expected with a bunch of young kids. We started 4 to 5 sophomores the majority of the year and still only lost 3 games. These kids will make you choke on your words the next two years, I can guarantee that.

your an idiot , i just picked them to win the whole dang thing like 2 or 3 posts above this one

Bigtimebasketballfan

I would have to agree. Smart money is on Southside to win it. Baptist prep will still be really good though. Along with Westside, E-stem. Could probably make a pretty good case for 5 or 6 teams in the 4a

Trojanball24

Top 5:
1. Baptist- Until someone beats them
2. Pottsville- Return alot
3. Warren- Return alot w/ a good transfer
4.Batesville SS- Return alot
5. Pea Ridge- Growing school/ alot of talent

Leadbelly

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on August 10, 2017, 02:55:27 pm
Post of the Year!! That's funny right there! ;D
They need a sponsor as much as their recruiting budget is!

Spurfan

Will anyone be able to stop baptist prep from winning it again.

Central AR

Baptist Prep makes it 3 in a row. Best player in the 4A and it's not close. Probably the best coach. And they have 3-4 other guards who would be the best player for a handful of other 4A schools.

Spurfan

Wow baptist must be really strong. I figure losing conner would put a hurt on their chance of three peating. But i guess they will still be hard to beat. Nashville lost their best scorer and their best post. Still should be pretty good. Ashdown and bauxite should be pretty good also both bring back alot of their top players. Plus if jaden hill plays give ashdown a big lift.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Spurfan on September 26, 2017, 08:21:12 pm
Yes, the team who scores more than them

Spurfan

Trojanball24

September 27, 2017, 10:00:40 am #43 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:57:31 pm by Trojanball24
BP still has the best player in 4A.

Spurfan

I know the mcbride kid is good. Did yall add any new players who will help immediately

pridgehog

They don't beat Pea Ridge last year without Vanover but if my aunt Jane had Nuts she'd be Uncle Jane...

beach bum

Quote from: Spurfan on September 26, 2017, 08:21:12 pm

No....

BannerMountainMan

Highland rebels..got the best coach in the state

Boarhawg

Quote from: pridgehog on May 04, 2017, 08:27:07 am
Oh how surprised you are going to be  🎁🎁

Boarhawg

Oh how surprised you'll be when you see Monticello. 🎁🎁🎁

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas