• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

24th Nashville Bankers Classic

Started by OrangeCrush., January 09, 2018, 09:56:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OrangeCrush.

1st Round - Saturday, January 13
11:30 - Girls - Murfreesboro vs Nevada
12:45 - Boys - Nevada vs Murfreesboro
2:00 - Girls - Centerpoint vs Mineral Springs
3:15 - Boys - Centerpoint vs Mineral Springs

Semifinals - Thursday, January 18
4:00 - Girls - Kirby vs Murfreesboro/Nevada
5:15 - Boys - Kirby vs Centerpoint/Mineral
6:30 - Girls - Nashville vs Centerpoint/Mineral
7:45 - Boys - Nashville vs Nevada/Murfreesboro

Finals - Saturday, January 20
6:00 - Girls -
7:30 - Boys -

OrangeCrush.

Girls
Murfreesboro 62, Nevada 41
Centerpoint 50, Mineral Springs 15

Boys
Nevada 58, Murfreesboro 38
Centerpoint 54, Mineral Springs 22

OrangeCrush.

Semifinals - Thursday, January 18

4:00 - Girls - Kirby vs Murfreesboro
5:15 - Boys - Kirby vs Centerpoint
6:30 - Girls - Nashville vs Centerpoint
7:45 - Boys - Nashville vs Nevada

BannerChaser95

Give me Kirby Girls by 10

Kirby boys by 15

Nashville girls by a couple

Nashville boys by 15-20

4real

So they have a tournament where they are the only team above 3A?
I know a couple of those are good in their classes, but geez, don't they want to prep for the post season?

OrangeCrush.

My assumption would be that no larger schools in this area are good, and no one else wants to travel for a tournament in the middle of conference season. Nashville's tournament for good competition is at JC where they beat Warren. And they'll have their hands full against Kirby.

I do wish they would play more games against better teams since this blended conference is probably the worst in the state. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on January 18, 2018, 10:40:46 am
My assumption would be that no larger schools in this area are good, and no one else wants to travel for a tournament in the middle of conference season. Nashville's tournament for good competition is at JC where they beat Warren. And they'll have their hands full against Kirby.

I do wish they would play more games against better teams since this blended conference is probably the worst in the state.
If my predictions hold true, I look forward to the boys final Saturday evening.

4real

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on January 18, 2018, 10:40:46 am

OK, good points about the timing of the tournament, which is very odd, and its in the middle of nowhere.  Kirby is a good program, no doubt, but a 4A team that wants to have success in the post season needs to put some larder schools on the schedule at some point... unless the coach's win total is what matters most

OrangeCrush.

January 18, 2018, 02:05:08 pm #8 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:07:57 pm by OrangeCrush.
Quote from: 4real on January 18, 2018, 12:47:40 pm
OK, good points about the timing of the tournament, which is very odd, and its in the middle of nowhere.  Kirby is a good program, no doubt, but a 4A team that wants to have success in the post season needs to put some larder schools on the schedule at some point... unless the coach's win total is what matters most
Until a few years ago the tournament used to be before Christmas break but Nashville was always just getting out of football and wasn't prepared to host or play a tournament.  And while Nashville takes basketball a lot more serious than it used to, I think it still has room to grow.  They've made the state tournament 3 of the last 4 years, before that they hadn't made it once in 40 years.  But I agree. Looking at the future of Nashville basketball talent wise, it would make sense to step up in competition in the years to come. There is a lot of talent that will be on the team for the next few years.  Plus ending this blended conference mess will help, since the worst 3A teams in the state are in this conference.

Gray lizard

With the gym they have basketball should be highly valued in Nashville.

OrangeCrush.

Girls:  Kirby 64, Murfreesboro 38
Boys:  Kirby 71, Centerpoint 42

OrangeCrush.

Nevada didn't have school today and their boys have forfeited to Nashville.

OrangeCrush.

Girls:  Centerpoint 36, Nashville 34

OrangeCrush.

Finals - Saturday

6:00 - Girls - Kirby vs Centerpoint
7:30 - Boys - Kirby vs Nashville

BannerChaser95

Give me Kirby girls by 10+ over CP

Andddd Kirby in a close one over Nashville.

OrangeCrush.

OrangeCrush.

OrangeCrush.

OrangeCrush.

BannerChaser95

OrangeCrush.

Sure were. Couldn't have asked for two better finals.

scrapdig

Nashville played a pretty good game.  Kirby is pretty solid, although zero size and athletes. Scrappers should win lots of games this year playing weak teams around the area and in a really weak conference.  Next year will be losing lots of talent and not much left in HS but have some from JH coming up but not much size at all. 

Bbal789

4real

They should look at moving this tournament to Christmas break.  FB playoffs would have been over for a couple of weeks, and they would be able to attract more teams.  This time of year most folks are tied up with conference play.  Except for the 1A schools, who have more flexibility in their conference schedules.

Bbal789

Quote from: 4real on January 24, 2018, 11:34:13 am
They should look at moving this tournament to Christmas break.  FB playoffs would have been over for a couple of weeks, and they would be able to attract more teams.  This time of year most folks are tied up with conference play.  Except for the 1A schools, who have more flexibility in their conference schedules.

I agree

scrapdig

Scrappers lost to Cossatot.  All I can say is Wow on that

4real

Quote from: scrapdig on January 24, 2018, 03:05:27 pm
Scrappers lost to Cossatot.  All I can say is Wow on that
I think it goes back to playing a weak non-con schedule.  I get it that they get their FB players late and wanna get some practice with them.  But, look at a school like Charleston who will go play tough teams with maybe 6-8 guys, while the rest of the team is still in the FB playoffs, and they are a tough out every postseason

BannerChaser95

Quote from: scrapdig on January 22, 2018, 01:47:51 pm
Nashville played a pretty good game.  Kirby is pretty solid, although zero size and athletes. Scrappers should win lots of games this year playing weak teams around the area and in a really weak conference.  Next year will be losing lots of talent and not much left in HS but have some from JH coming up but not much size at all.
I guess you and I watched different games. But Carson smith from Kirby had 11 in the first quarter alone against a much larger in size 4A team. Shouldn't lose at home let alone to a no height, no "Athlete" school. Nashville played well. But Kirby was a step ahead on dribble drives, a much better zone press when Nashville's one deminsional point guard passed it off early the others looked scared to dribble. Nashville needs to work on facing a team with a 5'10" kid in side because he looked much better than the Nashville 6'6" kid inside.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas