• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cave City Head Football Coach

Started by Football1, February 22, 2017, 10:21:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Football1

The Cave City School District is now accepting applications for Head Football Coach.
Please send resume to: Athletic Director - Russell Fowler,
email- russell.fowler@cavecity.ncsc.k12.ar.us

nchan

I did not know that Cave City is 4A. With a population of around 2000, is that right?

istruedo

February 22, 2017, 12:55:58 pm #2 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:58:36 pm by istruedo
Yep, they 4-A. Very small 4-A. Pop at around 2100! :o A drop in classification or a population boom (as in double) would help them! lol

Jimbo Morphis

Town population has nothing to do with it, see Sheridan in 6a.

istruedo

Quote from: Oldman on February 22, 2017, 01:11:28 pm
Town population has nothing to do with it, see Sheridan in 6a.
You are exactly right, it has more to do with the area. Sheridan is an example of that. Them being within 30 minutes of Pine Bluff (pop 50,000, lots of jobs) and Little Rock (200,000 lots more jobs.) Cave City is a small town that is not in that type of situation as far as jobs and large areas. Jonesboro closest big town at 1hr 10min. People aren't living at Cave City and commuting to big area like Sheridan.

bigchief72455

I figure Cave City will follow Harrisburg later on and move to 3A.

Missco

Cave City has several other towns in its school district, Evening Shade, Mount Pleasent, etc..

brock

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: istruedo on February 22, 2017, 01:28:17 pm
You are exactly right, it has more to do with the area. Sheridan is an example of that. Them being within 30 minutes of Pine Bluff (pop 50,000, lots of jobs) and Little Rock (200,000 lots more jobs.) Cave City is a small town that is not in that type of situation as far as jobs and large areas. Jonesboro closest big town at 1hr 10min. People aren't living at Cave City and commuting to big area like Sheridan.
It's the number of students in high school not the population of the town.

Qhcaoc

bigchief72455

Quote from: Oldman on February 23, 2017, 07:17:28 am
Yes it is and Cave City is near the bottom of that number. Harrisburg will likely make the trip back to 3A next cycle. Cave City will probably make it the cycle after. Especially if Hoxie and Walnut Ridge consolidate.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Missco on February 22, 2017, 06:43:34 pm
Cave City has several other towns in its school district, Evening Shade, Mount Pleasent, etc..

Isn't Mt. Pleasant part of the Melbourne district?

istruedo

istruedo

Quote from: Oldman on February 23, 2017, 07:17:28 am
I know how their classified, I think we on the same page we just don't know it. I'm just saying it is understandable for Sheridan being where they are geographically. Cave City is kind of puzzling that they have enough kids to be 4 A with no major population around them. They do have a large district though. Guess they pulling them out of the wood work. Either way good luck to them, hope they get a good one. They got some good folks up there.

coachsearch

Another head coach leaving for a smaller classified school. What's the story on this one?

bigchief72455

Quote from: coachsearch on February 23, 2017, 09:17:19 pm
Another head coach leaving for a smaller classified school. What's the story on this one?
Not sure. But Cave City will eventually move down a classification as well.

OB11

Quote from: bigchief72455 on February 23, 2017, 09:07:55 am
Yes it is and Cave City is near the bottom of that number. Harrisburg will likely make the trip back to 3A next cycle. Cave City will probably make it the cycle after. Especially if Hoxie and Walnut Ridge consolidate.

I know the towns are talking about merging but they would still be separate schools wouldn't they?  They are in two different school districts and I don't see either one consolidating with the other.

bigchief72455

Quote from: OB11 on February 24, 2017, 09:08:14 am
I know the towns are talking about merging but they would still be separate schools wouldn't they?  They are in two different school districts and I don't see either one consolidating with the other.
Not sure. I think it has been brought up. Probably going to depend on the affordability and what advantages a larger school might provide. If you go by their latest numbers that would give them around 430 students combined. That is a nice size 4A school. Near the size student wise of Westside.

Missco

Hoxie and Walnut Ridge will probably never ever merge schools or towns.

Missco

Even if the towns merged that has no bearing on school districts. I think heck would freeze over before either happened

bigchief72455

Quote from: Missco on February 24, 2017, 02:15:32 pm
Even if the towns merged that has no bearing on school districts. I think heck would freeze over before either happened
Who knows. Stranger things have happened. But I think that too. It really would not be so much the students resisting but the adults would lose it.

coachsearch

Any news on this one yet, I heard they started interviews this week.

emceedd

Quote from: istruedo on February 23, 2017, 09:52:16 am
I know how their classified, I think we on the same page we just don't know it. I'm just saying it is understandable for Sheridan being where they are geographically. Cave City is kind of puzzling that they have enough kids to be 4 A with no major population around them. They do have a large district though. Guess they pulling them out of the wood work. Either way good luck to them, hope they get a good one. They got some good folks up there.

As far as pulling them out of the woodwork, I drive through Cushman fairly regularly and I see Batesville, Southside, Cave City and Melbourne school buses dropping kids off.

Googlymoogly

I heard today that Tommy Britt of Yellville-Summit was hired as the new Cave City football coach. Is this true?

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Googlymoogly on March 22, 2017, 11:34:01 pm
I heard today that Tommy Britt of Yellville-Summit was hired as the new Cave City football coach. Is this true?
Yes this is true. I confirmed it today

bigchief72455

Quote from: Googlymoogly on March 23, 2017, 07:32:52 pm
Yes this is true. I confirmed it today
His record at Yellville was 3-26-1.

Kraig Crist

bigchief72455

Quote from: Kraig Crist on March 27, 2017, 09:02:43 am
Thank god for Marshall?
He will be saying that about Harrisburg in this conference.

elvis26

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas