• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Episcopal

Started by JohnBarleycorn, January 26, 2017, 09:59:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBarleycorn

Rumor is Marsh is getting out of football.  Any truth?

BulldogDad82

Carter from CC is taking over.

GotInfo?

WOW, that is big for them if Carter is coming over to take the job!
That whole situation with what went down at CC was crap...
He deserved better.

KOJACK

Quote from: GotInfo? on January 27, 2017, 08:47:46 am
WOW, that is big for them if Carter is coming over to take the job!
That whole situation with what went down at CC was crap...
He deserved better.
I'm not taking anything away from Coach Carter, cause I don't know the guy, but he won't do a better job than Marsh has.

cdelaney

If it's been officially announced, I haven't seen it, but I have heard that Carter is coming to ECS from CC; it was Marsh's choice to step away from football for now. He is head baseball coach, and that is actually his favorite sport. I have heard he is going to help with FB as well; and from what I know about him, and what I have heard about Carter, as well as watching him and his teams in many games over the years vs ECS, I think they will work together just fine.
Richie Marsh has been the perfect coach for ECS, where you have to balance academics and the strict discipline policy of the school with athletic success.  When he had some talent and "decent" numbers (over 20) he had some very good teams. By the end of their season, the 2014 team was as good as any in 3A. Last year he had 15-17 players and only a few who really had talent. That has been the pattern at ECS since day one and probably will be indefinitely: 2-3 good years followed by 2-3 bad years. I personally hope he gets back into FB at some level in the future.

eagle1

Episcopal hired a good one with Coach Carter. Good for football and good for the kids. CC made a huge mistake letting him go.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas