• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lake Hamilton coach (filled - Tommy Gilleran)

Started by Trojan, January 08, 2017, 10:28:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Job opening will be closed Jan 23rd

td24

Quote from: vegasbobcat on January 17, 2017, 09:34:18 am
Looks like 5-2 is tied for the best conference record since 2011.  so it looks like they did a little better without the wide open offense.  At least in the last 5 years.

Keep in mind the teams LH beat had a combined conference record of 10-25

OverPrivileged

Looks like the conference changed a little this year...They lost LR Hall, PB, and LR parkview, gained Russelville, Greenwood, and Siloam.  I think you could argue that the conference got tougher.  Greenwood, and State champ R'ville, are as good or better than PB and LR Pview, Siloam is better than Hall, And they improved by avenging a loss to Sheridan in 20015. 

I don't care one way or the other, but they were definitely a little better and the conference was a little tougher.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on January 12, 2017, 12:43:32 pm
I bet the LH brass will ask the "how long do you promise to stay?" question several times.

To which the coach should respond: "How long of a contract are you offering?"
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GotInfo?

This should get a lot of good coaches applying for this job.  A lot of good things there at LH.  They just got bit by a one and done coach.  Always been a good program and should continue to be.

Redwolves8526

Any chance Hembree, Bolding, or Gilleran get this job?

Lanny

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on January 19, 2017, 09:36:47 am
No on some of the sames mentioned

BLUEBLOOD

Bolding was just hired at Parkview....not a great football power but surely he won't leave before he starts.

Wildcat Football

Bobby Bolding at PB would be a good hire for LH.  He has won several state titles.

zebrafan

Quote from: Wildcat Football on January 19, 2017, 12:50:57 pm
Bobby Bolding at PB would be a good hire for LH.  He has won several state titles.
I doubt he leaves, but we shall see.

zebradynasty

LH actually had a solid season a couple of surprise wins against Benton and Eldorado, even though both were down, was positive. However, that conference has the potential to be very solid if a few teams get their act together.   

STUNNA

Hembrees not leaving Warren for LH

Trojan

I'm not sur some schools understand this, but big name proven coach want to be offered the job. they re not going to apply at every good job that comes open. it causes to many problems for them at their current school and with boosters. if I was making the decision at LH, I would not assume only those applying are interested. I would be on the phone asking the proven winners

Iknewthemwhen

It's likely that those phone calls have been made to see if the big names are interested.  Problem comes when they don't want to apply at all and keep the interview down to, "only if you are offering me the job".  They do not want to compete for the job.

Zenyatta

Beaver Fever

R. A.â„¢

it would be interesting to see if Dean would even consider being a HC. He does own a lake home on that side of Hamilton and drives back and forth to Malvern...

Cabotfan

Quote from: Lanny on January 19, 2017, 10:31:23 am
No on some of the sames mentioned

"Some" he says. Sounds like it could be one of the three...

Lanny

Quote from: Cabotfan on January 23, 2017, 12:02:44 pm
"Some" he says. Sounds like it could be one of the three...
And maybe not. 

FBFan92

This thread is awfully quit.  Any new info coming out of Hamilton this week?

R. A.â„¢

Quote from: FBFan92 on January 26, 2017, 08:15:34 am
This thread is awfully quiet.  Any new info coming out of Hamilton this week?

Very Quiet...Seems like it was quiet last year....

nuttinbuthogs

I know who it is but I'm sworn to secrecy.   

Tigerdad2

mohawk

R. A.â„¢

This is so quiet for a 6A hire....

Lanny

It's not quite, expect to read about the new coach very soon

Pat Swilling

FBFan92

Lanny likes to keep us hanging.  LOL

Lanny

Quote from: FBFan92 on January 31, 2017, 09:26:19 am
Lanny likes to keep us hanging.  LOL
I will respect the wishes for Lake Hamilton and the new coach

FBFan92

I understand.  When do you think they will finally announce it?

ricepig

Quote from: Lanny on January 31, 2017, 10:12:19 am
I will respect the wishes for Lake Hamilton and the new coach

He's not a "dud" is he?

FBFan92

So is this the week we find something out?

Lanny

maroonwolf

Quote from: FBFan92 on February 06, 2017, 08:14:38 am
So is this the week we find something out?
interviews this week, probably a decision as well.
Possibly a dark horse that is drawing some attention. Not an out of stater but not with many LH connections either. Could be kind of a head scratcher but a proven coach nonetheless.

Iknewthemwhen

I've heard this, I'll let you know if it continues to be the dark horse front runner.  Like so many, I'm sworn to secrecy.

Beaver Fever

Won't be a dark horse this time, can't risk it, done got burnt with that.  It will be someone they know well and are comfortable with.

mohawk

I would assume that they can't get a proven guy that they know well, or the process would already be over. Seems like they are waiting around for a "proven guy"

GotInfo?

Heard interviews will finish up today or Monday.  Might find out next week who the next HC is....
Rumors are just rumors at this point.  Have heard a variety of names...

Pat Swilling

I havent heard any.  I assume list is similar to last years apps.

nuttinbuthogs

Oldbadger

Lanny

February 11, 2017, 05:39:44 am #92 Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:15:21 am by Lanny
New coach to be announced 2/13/17

Pat Swilling

maroonwolf

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on February 10, 2017, 12:12:10 pm
expect the unexpected
Here's what went down. Scott Reed from Eldorado was initially offered the job but the salary difference was not significant enough to sway him. That, combined with the fact that LH could not find his wife a job, is the reason he turned them down. The hire is someone that will fit in well and should restore better numbers to the program. Won't be a surprise afterall. His name has come up frequently in this thread.

td24

That's unfortunate.  To get Scott Reed, I would have given his wife a job that would have paid enough to sway him...
In other words, you find a way to get the best coach available.

If it's who I think it is, LH gets an unproven coach at a higher classification.  It takes more than increasing your "numbers" aka "players" to win in this conference.  You must throw it to keep up!  I believe his offense is run, run, run.

I hope I'm wrong....

Lanny

February 13, 2017, 02:24:45 pm #96 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:36:21 pm by Lanny
Tommy Gilleran expected to be approved Monday night 2/13/17 to be Head Football Coach at Lake Hamilton

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

February 13, 2017, 04:24:08 pm #97 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:26:06 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Well, it took longer than expected (~376 days), but I think they finally got the right guy.  Congratulations to Coach Gilleran and good luck.

Iknewthemwhen

hogalum05

In agreement with TD on this one. Got to do what it takes to get a guy like Scott Read. Not sure how they can expect a good Coach to come if his wife is going to be without a job. Big step up for Gilleran. Not saying it's a bad hire, just think they missed an opportunity with Read.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas