• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro wins the Poplar Bluff Showdown

Started by ricepig, December 29, 2016, 10:14:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Jonesboro defeated Chicago Kenwood tonight 70-54 in a rematch of the finals from last year, getting some revenge. The Canes defeated Liberty Tech of Jackson, TN, St. Louis Vashon High School, and Kenwood by an average margin of 18pts/game.

AT

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 29, 2016, 10:40:51 pm
rice, is this Jonesboro's best team ever?

Hard to say, they actually aren't as deep this year, and a little shorter than average as they can't get a waiver for a foreign exchange student who played as a sophomore, and the AAA hasn't approved him the last two years. The have two guards in Eaton and Sills that are comparable to Ross and Pointer, or maybe better. Jonesboro's secret is always the blue collar guys that do the dirty work. I wouldn't call Jonathan Adams a blue collar guy, but that's what he is on the basketball court.

sgibson

And don't forget Harvey, who is excellent in himself
Best team? In my lifetime, the 94 team and the 2007 team and this one are all top 3 and probably doesn't matter the order they go in.

Dragon77

Kickapoo, Parkview,Vashon, and Kenwood, were all taller than JHS, and we won all by games by double digits. The first four for JHS, are probably better than any first four Wes has had,so far. Congrats to Sills, Eaton, and Harvey, for making the all tournament team.

ricepig

Quote from: sgibson on December 29, 2016, 11:45:50 pm
And don't forget Harvey, who is excellent in himself
Best team? In my lifetime, the 94 team and the 2007 team and this one are all top 3 and probably doesn't matter the order they go in.

I'm not, Ben is very good.

ricepig

Quote from: Dragon77 on December 30, 2016, 11:48:53 am
Kickapoo, Parkview,Vashon, and Kenwood, were all taller than JHS, and we won all by games by double digits. The first four for JHS, are probably better than any first four Wes has had,so far. Congrats to Sills, Eaton, and Harvey, for making the all tournament team.

Wes was the one who told me he would have a shorter rotation this year, that he couldn't go 10 deep like in the past. Now, with several less than stellar conference games, he may be able to build up his depth.

Dragon77

He told me that as well, but has been subbing quite a bit, up until the last few games. Against Vashon and Kenwood, the kids were getting a quick breather, and going back in. It will be interesting to see if they can keep rolling. If Salis returns in January, that will be great.                 

ricepig

Quote from: Dragon77 on December 30, 2016, 06:18:04 pm
He told me that as well, but has been subbing quite a bit, up until the last few games. Against Vashon and Kenwood, the kids were getting a quick breather, and going back in. It will be interesting to see if they can keep rolling. If Salis returns in January, that will be great.                 
So, what's the chances he will, I thought he was "leaving"? I haven't watched them in person in weeks.

Dragon77

Last I heard, was waiting on a ruling, that would make it possible for him to play, when school resumes.   

ricepig

Quote from: Dragon77 on December 30, 2016, 08:53:11 pm
Last I heard, was waiting on a ruling, that would make it possible for him to play, when school resumes.

Ok, well, I was told that in October too. I thought he was going to prep school at semester?

Head Lion

Dragon77

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 08:57:02 pm
Ok, well, I was told that in October too. I thought he was going to prep school at semester?

I heard that as well. I will ask J.T., Tuesday.

ricepig

Should be a good game Tuesday night with WM coming to town. They have one of the top 2020 prospects in Chris Moore.

OB11

Saw in the Sun today that Jonesboro is ranked 19th by USA Today and 14th by MaxPreps. 

Bigtimebasketballfan

I'm making the trip to Jonesboro Tuesday. Ready to see this Moore kid go against Jonesboro. Probably the toughest matchup he will face all year. I have been able to watch Jonesboro twice already this year and I think this might be coach swifts best team yet.

sgibson

Dragon77

Expecting to hear something, within the next couple of weeks.

ricepig

Quote from: Dragon77 on January 03, 2017, 09:32:04 pm
Expecting to hear something, within the next couple of weeks.

Well, unfortunately, that's been the storyline for awhile.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas