• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mineral Springs (filled - David Bennett)

Started by nsuqb10, December 24, 2016, 03:13:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YouKnowUno

From what I heard Ledford was the guy the went to the school board with and they shot him down and reopened the job.

BLUEBLOOD

Why change the job description?  Why not just offer the 2nd choice?  There has to be some reason that they felt the need to remove the AD title from a current staff member and add it to this job posting.  If that was the plan from the start it would have already been done.

According to press release on SWArkansas radio website: "the school board took no action following about a 30 minute executive session."  If they "shot down" Ledford it would have been by vote in open session.  This was a special meeting held only to consider the football coaching position.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 08, 2017, 11:41:40 am
Why change the job description?  Why not just offer the 2nd choice?  There has to be some reason that they felt the need to remove the AD title from a current staff member and add it to this job posting.  If that was the plan from the start it would have already been done.

According to press release on SWArkansas radio website: "the school board took no action following about a 30 minute executive session."  If they "shot down" Ledford it would have been by vote in open session.  This was a special meeting held only to consider the football coaching position.

Chances are the Athletic Director position is a 240 day contract while the head football coach is only a 220 day contract (at most).    So making the head coaching position also the Athletic Director would add around 5,000 dollars a year to the pay at least.

BLUEBLOOD

According to their district website 2016-17 salary schedule:

AD & head football are both 245-day contracts.

AD stipend is $2,500

Marblehog

Quote from: nsuqb10 on December 24, 2016, 03:13:58 pm
Didn't this used to be a good job?
Best athletes going to Nashville.  This is a really really bad job

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 08, 2017, 01:33:28 pm
According to their district website 2016-17 salary schedule:

AD & head football are both 245-day contracts.

AD stipend is $2,500

Then I'm wrong all around.

Ah well......

BigBob

So is Jay Turley actually being considered for the job? Wouldn't this be a few steps down for him. Going from 2A to 5A back to 2A...

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BigBob on February 08, 2017, 08:47:37 pm
So is Jay Turley actually being considered for the job? Wouldn't this be a few steps down for him. Going from 2A to 5A back to 2A...

I guess it depends how hot the seat is in Hope (if it is at all). 

BigBob

I think most school admin and community members putty him for what he had to work with this year. Hope schools are a dumpster fire

Marblehog

Hope is in a position where they might not win a game for 4 or 5 years.  No LIE

BigBob

Yeah all the decent students athletes are pouring out in droves to Prescott and Spring Hill. It's a shame because Hope has excellent facilities, which they thought would help solve some of the problems they had..

Iknewthemwhen

February 09, 2017, 10:13:49 pm #111 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:17:39 pm by Iknewthemwhen
Facilities don't fix a school, good schools fix a school.  That means quality education, rigor in academics, discipline and order, and an opportunity to move on to a higher educational opportunity or at least a decent living based on what you got out of school. 

RabidWolf

A none of tbose apply to Hope. That's for sure....

BigBob

Isn't mineral under academic distress as well? Just seems like he'd be walking into a mess at MS too

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BigBob on February 10, 2017, 11:35:59 am
Isn't mineral under academic distress as well? Just seems like he'd be walking into a mess at MS too

They were released from academic distress a couple weeks ago.

gameoflife

Good idea to look very closely before taking a job at a school on or recently on academic distress.  Means they are being watched and likely to do strange stuff.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: gameoflife on February 10, 2017, 12:19:12 pm
Good idea to look very closely before taking a job at a school on or recently on academic distress.  Means they are being watched and likely to do strange stuff.

If I recall correctly,   there was a Delta school a few years ago (mentioned in Hootens) that because of academic issues all the students had to report for extensive tutoring after school.

The football team wasn't even able to begin practice until after 5:00 and the head coach was hauling players home hours after dark.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 10, 2017, 12:22:38 pm
If I recall correctly,   there was a Delta school a few years ago (mentioned in Hootens) that because of academic issues all the students had to report for extensive tutoring after school.

The football team wasn't even able to begin practice until after 5:00 and the head coach was hauling players home hours after dark.

Sounds like a school decision to require tutoring.  How dare they put academics ahead of football!!! 
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

XFalkonz

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 10, 2017, 01:13:57 pm
Sounds like a school decision to require tutoring.  How dare they put academics ahead of football!!! 
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You can over do anything...having those kids home late in the evening isn't doing them any good either...common sense has to play a part in the equation somewhere

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: XFalkonz on February 10, 2017, 02:16:06 pm
You can over do anything...having those kids home late in the evening isn't doing them any good either...common sense has to play a part in the equation somewhere

I guess when a school goes on academic distress, they try to change some habits of their students.  The normal routine is what got them on distress in the first place. 

However, I was joking about the football thing. 

Tubz

So is Jay Turley actually being considered for the job? Wouldn't this be a few steps down for him. Going from 2A to 5A back to 2A.

Jay Turley wife has confirmed on Facebook that he is not a candidate.

Tubz

Quote from: BigBob on February 08, 2017, 08:47:37 pm

Jay Turley wife has confirmed on Facebook that he is not a candidate

airitout

This has become a big CF

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: airitout on February 14, 2017, 08:48:40 am
This has become a big CF

The silence seems to be saying a lot.

Katdaddy

Probably should have hired a Supt first so they could be in on the process. Sounds like their is way to many people involved in this process each wanting something different..

Look A Here

Quote from: Katdaddy on February 14, 2017, 09:51:18 am
Probably should have hired a Supt first so they could be in on the process. Sounds like their is way to many people involved in this process each wanting something different..
++ ;)

COACH-Mike

Dang you guys are hard on us.  And obviously know all the details. Got to find out who the mole is.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: COACH-Mike on February 14, 2017, 01:35:09 pm
Dang you guys are hard on us.  And obviously know all the details. Got to find out who the mole is.

Nothing but the Gospel....according to Fearless Friday!!!

Katdaddy

I'm with you BlueBlood.....If it is on Fearless then it is the Gospel!!!!  😂

Sick Dog

I know that Lake Hamilton filled their coaching job faster than Mineral Springs. Now its a race between MS and Fountain Lake. Could this hurt the Mineral search by some of the applicants applying for the Fountain Lake job?

footballfan-tastic

Schools always have a way of dragging their feet when its not important enough to the super, principal, AD or school board.  Shows you what is and is not primary in their concern when they don't hire coaches in a timely fashion.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on February 14, 2017, 07:24:17 pm
Schools always have a way of dragging their feet when its not important enough to the super, principal, AD or school board.  Shows you what is and is not primary in their concern when they don't hire coaches in a timely fashion.

With all the change that is taking place in Mineral we are careful to make sure we get it right and when we have that right fit we will let everyone of you know in a timely fashion.  So many things you must consider because it isn't just about the X's and O's.  I'm pretty excited about our future.  Our kids deserve the best.

Katdaddy

I think what everyone is saying, is as long as this hire is taken it better be a "knock you out of the park" homerun hire!!!!!!

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Katdaddy on February 15, 2017, 10:10:49 am
I think what everyone is saying, is as long as this hire is taken it better be a "knock you out of the park" homerun hire!!!!!!

Home work is being done and proof will be in the results not the hire.  We relish the opportunity to be relevant again.

HORNET-MAN

We Hired Perrin & Monden back several years ago both were ..young.. upstart..unproven coaches... I just want the best fit for our School and Kids don't care how long it takes long as its a Good Fit.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on February 15, 2017, 12:29:07 pm
We Hired Perrin & Monden back several years ago both were ..young.. upstart..unproven coaches... I just want the best fit for our School and Kids don't care how long it takes long as its a Good Fit.
?

Hadn't Perrin been head football coach at Bearden?

HORNET-MAN

Yes i think he went 0-10 in his one and only season...But he left there and went on to  work under some very good coaches and learned more..Dang Good Coach Right Now.

Katdaddy

Why not call Perrin and get him back then????

COACH-Mike

nsuqb10

I actually interviewed when Perrin got the job. They are passionate about being good in MS and they did right by making it at least co AD much more attractive job that way.

scoobysnack

Quote from: COACH-Mike on February 15, 2017, 09:53:02 am
With all the change that is taking place in Mineral we are careful to make sure we get it right and when we have that right fit we will let everyone of you know in a timely fashion.  So many things you must consider because it isn't just about the X's and O's.  I'm pretty excited about our future.  Our kids deserve the best.

So if it's not about the X's and O's then why did the previous coach get reassigned for losing?? I went to the last 2 mineral and murf games (awesome turf by the way) and I couldn't believe how few players mineral had. I was actually impressed with how well the mineral players and coaches handled themselves considering the circumstances. I've watched a lot of 5A ball the last decade or so and may be out of touch with 2A. I just think if it's about wins and losses only then that should be the reason and not the fact that yall are willing to give someone else all these new titles and money for "time" to get results. Just a South Pike County boy's opinion

COACH-Mike

Quote from: scoobysnack on February 15, 2017, 11:46:50 pm
So if it's not about the X's and O's then why did the previous coach get reassigned for losing?? I went to the last 2 mineral and murf games (awesome turf by the way) and I couldn't believe how few players mineral had. I was actually impressed with how well the mineral players and coaches handled themselves considering the circumstances. I've watched a lot of 5A ball the last decade or so and may be out of touch with 2A. I just think if it's about wins and losses only then that should be the reason and not the fact that yall are willing to give someone else all these new titles and money for "time" to get results. Just a South Pike County boy's opinion
And you are surely entitled to your opinion.   Looking to the future. I would like to see a coach be great at building relationships first and foremost and be bought in totally to our school and our community. Then have great programs that develop kids at early ages both off season and in season ( weights and academic ).  Someone that wants to develop all programs not just the boys programs.  I think if all this is done the X's and O's will take care of themselves cause the Johnnie  and Joes will be prepared. Just an OL' Mule Shoe boys opinion.

scoobysnack

Whoa didn't know he was that bad. Like I said been a little out of touch last few years didn't know all that was going on. Good luck to yall

Blue

I talked to a guy the other day that seemed to think Bennett was a frontrunner.

Katdaddy

Blue.. I think you are just trying to get things stirred up!!!

JackofallTrades

I wonder how many more Coaches they'll have to hire following this hire? Will the new guy run thecurrent aassistant coaches off or will he keep them?

2aball

Quote from: JackofallTrades on February 20, 2017, 06:09:13 pm
I wonder how many more Coaches they'll have to hire following this hire? Will the new guy run thecurrent aassistant coaches off or will he keep them?

2A coaches usually don't have enough power to run off old coaches or bring in new ones. They usually just have to work with what they have. I'm sure that they could ask that a stipend be removed from a coach that they didn't want working on their staff anymore, but it's not going to get the coach fired and open up a new position to bring a new guy in.

airitout

COACH-Mike

Quote from: airitout on February 23, 2017, 10:48:08 am
dumpster fire!
Care to elaborate?  Or are you CS? This will be interesting.

airitout

I'm not sure what CS is, but any job that takes this long to find a HC is probably a dumpster fire in action.  Into the 3rd try and there hasn't been good enough coaches in the 1st 2?  What's wrong with this place if no good coaches applied, or if they did apply, but they weren't good enough for MS? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas