• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations KOJACK and Snoopy22

Started by nastynice, December 10, 2016, 10:01:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nastynice

Congratulations to Prescott , KOJACK and Snoopy22  on perfect season and another state championship! Great team and effort tonight, well deserved.

snoopy22

December 11, 2016, 10:26:42 am #1 Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:30:58 pm by snoopy22
Thanks!  Congrats to the 2016 Class 3A State Football Champions, The Prescott Curley Wolves, 15 and 0.  Congrats to the Charleston Tigers on an outstanding season as well.  If I had done a preseason poll like the old days, I would have had Prescott at number 1, Glen Rose at number 2, Charleston at number 3, and Fordyce at number 4.  Lol, I honestly did one, and can't remember exactly how I had it, but I knew these four along with Centerpoint would be very good this year.  The 2016 Curley Wolves are often classified as a Pine Bluff Zebra like ultra talented team.  I personally feel like we were a talented, but very blue collar football team.  We started three linebackers and not one of them sniffed 160 pounds, they used their smarts and quickness.  All great defenses start with what I call "book ends", Prescott was fortunate to have two three year starters that both weighed about 200 to 205 pounds that were both quick and strong.  Our many rotating interior defensive line was a mixture of small speed guys and big strong guys. Our secondary was long, athletic, and smart.  They used good technique playing a combination of zone and man coverages.  Offensively a one year starter at quarterback that had played defense for us the previous two years became an unbelievable quarterback.  With an experienced tailback returning they complimented each other beautifully.  Football fans finally got to see how good those two were for the majority of last nights game as they have both nursed injuries throughout the season.  They were finally healthy for most of last nights game.  The receiving core was strong with a true game breaker at split end, two nice possession slots, and a true tightend, with nice depth built while our split end was out with injuries early in the season.  Our fullback was a strong 170 pounder that led the way for our run game.  Our offensive line was big for our standards and they had experience with a three year starter at tackle, a two year starter at center, and another experienced lineman to go along with four other younger guys that were all able to play multiple positions.  Our PAT kicker became almost automatic, and also kicked two big field goals in the playoffs.  The coverage and return teams were great with depth and quickness all over them.  The coaches pushed all the right buttons to piece this team together with lots of injuries throughout the year.  A job well done for the entire program!  5 Time State Champions!!

CoolBreeze

The Curley Wolves I saw last night were certainly a complete well-rounded football team. A few players with special gifts got most of the attention. But those speedy backs would have gotten nowhere without the blue-collar guys in the line opening holes. It takes the entire team to get the job done. They were certainly hitting on all cylinders last night, both on offense and on defense.

You Prescott fans have every reason to be proud of your team.

ISU7

Great job Curly Wolves and my buds Kojack and Snoopy 22 15-0 State Champions Oh what a feeling. 🏈🏆💍

KOJACK

Quote from: ISU7 on December 12, 2016, 12:30:01 am
Great job Curly Wolves and my buds Kojack and Snoopy 22 15-0 State Champions Oh what a feeling. 🏈🏆💍
Thanks brother

OLDSCHOOL82

Congrats Prescott on a great season being the champs!

snoopy22

AmSycho

Can't hide that Curley Wolf pride!! Awesome season, brothers.

Captain Oblivion

Congrats guys...how bout them Curley Wolves

DeeGee

Congrats to Snoopy and Kojack! I big congrats to the boys on the team!

Markadomous

Great job to these guys that's names never get mentioned. They are true Curley Wolf fans. You can find these old timers every Friday night in the disabled section at Curley Wolf stadium.

ReddieOrNot

Congrats! It was a pleasure getting to watch these kids play!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas