• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the front runner next year

Started by Gr3yhounds, December 04, 2016, 04:50:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dynasty

Quote from: luxora4life on December 22, 2016, 10:56:20 am
For the most part, most of these so called "move-ins" are only moving in because they are been asked/recruited by someone affiliated with the other school.  It may not always be the coach.  It happen to me way back when I was playing high school ball and to 3 of the 4 kids I have is playing/played for Rivercrest.  The 4th one is only 2 years old.

The 2 year old.... does he play downhill and look good in black? If so DM that address.

luxora4life

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 22, 2016, 11:06:17 am
The 2 year old.... does he play downhill and look good in black? If so DM that address.

does "she" and yes  she does look good in black and Gold before eventually wearing that red and grey.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: GBattack on December 22, 2016, 08:38:29 am
One of those "move-ins" was a foster child who's being adopted by a local family. Hope we can keep that kind of "recruiting" up.
I agree. That's the best kind of "move-in." We could use a few thousand more of those all over the state, whether or not they play football.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: luxora4life on December 22, 2016, 10:56:20 am
For the most part, most of these so called "move-ins" are only moving in because they are been asked/recruited by someone affiliated with the other school.  It may not always be the coach.  It happen to me way back when I was playing high school ball and to 3 of the 4 kids I have that's playing/played for Rivercrest.  The 4th one is only 2 years old.
Upon what evidence do you allege that "most" move-ins occur because someone from the town they moved to contacted the players family.

I know it does happen. I'm very aware of an instance where this occurred in another state more than 60 years ago. It was before my time, but the school I graduated from was the one who lost the future D1 basketball player.

But the fact that athletes are sometimes asked to relocated does not imply that it happens most of the time. I would be very surprised if most of the time those transfers occur due to the normal changes in life such as job changes, divorce, etc.

luxora4life

First, the fact that my mentor organization have work with a lot of players around NEA since 2003 thru our FREE Summer Workout Camp.
(I see this the most) The fact that they actually never move, but just use a rental house address to turn in the school/AAA.
The fact that one sibling moves to another school and the others don't. 
(this is my favorite) The fact that the parents are supposedly divorce, but still living together. 
(see this a lot) The fact that if the parents do move, that are back in the same house and town they were living in after the kids are finish playing high school sport.  The fact that my wife and I was offer the "move in" package a lot when my two oldest kid played at Rivercrest.
The fact that the parent change job, but was working to begin with.  It more like the parents was giving a job to move the kid(s)
I could go on and on listing the things I know and have seen first hand. 
You can debate the word most, but can't blind yourself to the fact the it's happening at a very high rate. Public Schools and Private Schools alike

CoolBreeze

Quote from: luxora4life on December 22, 2016, 01:47:13 pm
First, the fact that my mentor organization have work with a lot of players around NEA since 2003 thru our FREE Summer Workout Camp.
(I see this the most) The fact that they actually never move, but just use a rental house address to turn in the school/AAA.
The fact that one sibling moves to another school and the others don't. 
(this is my favorite) The fact that the parents are supposedly divorce, but still living together. 
(see this a lot) The fact that if the parents do move, that are back in the same house and town they were living in after the kids are finish playing high school sport.  The fact that my wife and I was offer the "move in" package a lot when my two oldest kid played at Rivercrest.
The fact that the parent change job, but was working to begin with.  It more like the parents was giving a job to move the kid(s)
I could go on and on listing the things I know and have seen first hand. 
You can debate the word most, but can't blind yourself to the fact the it's happening at a very high rate. Public Schools and Private Schools alike
I've seen no evidence only assertions. So I do question the notion that it's happening at "a very high rate."

GrindTime

GBattack

Maybe a "very high rate" where you're from...but not here.

OLDSCHOOL82

Recruiting, as defined by the AAA happens, always has and always will. It gets initiated by co workers, kids, travel baseball teams, parents,....blah...blah..., and yes coaches.  It usually doesn't equate to total domination.  Look into Clarksville basketball in the 90's if you want a handbook on how to run a successfully HS recruiting program!  From the recruits parents viewpoint.... Your child's potential athletic career is but an extremely short time period in the grand scheme of things.  There are no do overs.  Would you not want the best for them?  But, chuck does recruit.  GBat makes cookies for the recruiting events.  CT and Dynasteed got relieved of their duties after a couple subpar recruits.  Haven't heard who replaced them.

YC

^
It has changed up considerably since CT and Dynasty have been relieved of their duties and a whole new approach has been implemented. We have now gone to specializing our recruitment efforts of which we feel will be more efficient.

We now have one in charge of instate and one in charge of out of state recruitment. I myself have taken over the foreign exchange student duties. I've just returned from a trip to South Arkansas where I visited a couple of schools in order to try to hammer out a foreign exchange student agreement in which they would send us some of their excess "athletes". They are driving a hard bargain that I as of now have not accepted. The want us to send them two quiz bowl champions for every "athlete" they send us.

Since returning home I have contacted them with a counter offer. I've offered three quiz bowl champions for every two "athletes" they send us. At this time I have now heard back from them but hope they respond quickly. We need them here and "moved in" before spring practice. They need to learn our system during the spring in order to be ready to go by fall. And, I don't like my rent houses setting empty.         

WPWells

I'm currently working with our quiz bowl team to build depth so that we don't suffer as much with these trades.

KOJACK

Quote from: GrindTime on December 22, 2016, 05:55:20 pm
Very disappointed in hearing that ..
It''s disappointing to all of us...coulda been one of the best to come thru imo. Would definitely be a difference maker next year, but once you learn the life lesson of their are consequences to your actions ... the better off you'll be. Prescott's train is gonna keep rollin (all night long) with or without.

jay nelvin

Quote from: KOJACK on December 23, 2016, 06:51:12 pm
It''s disappointing to all of us...coulda been one of the best to come thru imo. Would definitely be a difference maker next year, but once you learn the life lesson of their are consequences to your actions ... the better off you'll be. Prescott's train is gonna keep rollin (all night long) with or without.
Amen

stephenAmaxx

Quote from: KOJACK on December 23, 2016, 06:51:12 pm

Must didn't see my post Kojack..I still didn't get the answer to my question , "....is he really that bad of a kid?"

KOJACK

Quote from: stephenAmaxx on December 23, 2016, 09:36:36 pm
Must didn't see my post Kojack..I still didn't get the answer to my question , "....is he really that bad of a kid?"
Don't really know the kid on a personal level but seems likable enough. Good people make bad decisions. That doesn't allow them to continue on without repercussions.

The Dynasty

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 23, 2016, 10:56:18 am
Recruiting, as defined by the AAA happens, always has and always will. It gets initiated by co workers, kids, travel baseball teams, parents,....blah...blah..., and yes coaches.  It usually doesn't equate to total domination.  Look into Clarksville basketball in the 90's if you want a handbook on how to run a successfully HS recruiting program!  From the recruits parents viewpoint.... Your child's potential athletic career is but an extremely short time period in the grand scheme of things.  There are no do overs.  Would you not want the best for them?  But, chuck does recruit.  GBat makes cookies for the recruiting events.  CT and Dynasteed got relieved of their duties after a couple subpar recruits.  Haven't heard who replaced them.

I'm in charge of payroll now.

GrindTime

Quote from: stephenAmaxx on December 23, 2016, 09:36:36 pm
He's really a great person got mixed with the wrong crowd and you know how that goes.. can really change you .

stephenAmaxx

Quote from: GrindTime on December 25, 2016, 01:25:02 am
He's really a great person got mixed with the wrong crowd and you know how that goes.. can really change you .

Alot can change a person other than "a crowd" I don't personally no Walker but talking High School football amongst the people I associate with from Preskitt I've heard nothing but good stories about this kid on and off the field. And I'm seriously curious about what happened with this kid loved to see him play, Kojack made the statement that "Good people make bad decisions. That doesn't allow them to continue on without repercussions."  The young man missed out on a State Championship correct? what's worse than that?

snoopy22

December 25, 2016, 12:54:24 pm #118 Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:44:58 pm by snoopy22
Quote from: stephenAmaxx on December 25, 2016, 07:47:27 am

Alot can change a person other than "a crowd" I don't personally no Walker but talking High School football amongst the people I associate with from Preskitt I've heard nothing but good stories about this kid on and off the field. And I'm seriously curious about what happened with this kid loved to see him play, Kojack made the statement that "Good people make bad decisions. That doesn't allow them to continue on without repercussions."  The young man missed out on a State Championship correct? what's worse than that?
How about you stop asking questions about Prescott until you learn how to spell it?  If you are too dumb to see it in the previous sentence then go to the top of the 3A forum where it says "is your 2016 3A Champions".  It's the word that starts with a P. 

stephenAmaxx

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 25, 2016, 12:54:24 pm
How about you you stop asking questions about Prescott until you learn how to spell it?  If you are too dumb to see it in the previous sentence then go to the top of the 3A forum where it says "is your 2016 3A Champions".  It's the word that starts with a P.

Do you want an applause for your drought of 21 years and not winning a State title? Listen Snoopy double duece dog diggity dogg I actually like Prescott/Preskitt but I choose to spell it how I please I was speaking to Kojack now unless you have any information about the Walker case then please just stop pointing out the obvious like I spelt your towns name wrong..By the way I do applaud you guys Flynn was a stud along with Marks

WPWells

Dude shut up. Prescott had an awesome team this year and deserved the state championship.

KOJACK

Quote from: stephenAmaxx on December 25, 2016, 07:47:27 am

You would have to ask him to that. I have no idea what's important to him or not. There are a lot of things that are worse than missing out on a state championship. You obviously are pretty familiar with the situation seeing as how you know his stats  by memory. So you tell me about it...

WorkOrder

He chose to miss out on a State Championship. If I had done what he did my father and grandfathers would have beat me. Yes he CAN be a really good person and then sometimes he hits a switch and turns into a totally different person. Can't keep kids like that around in my opinion. They will cost you down the road.

stephenAmaxx

Quote from: KOJACK on December 25, 2016, 06:45:38 pm
You would have to ask him to that. I have no idea what's important to him or not. There are a lot of things that are worse than missing out on a state championship. You obviously are pretty familiar with the situation seeing as how you know his stats  by memory. So you tell me about it...

Uhh maxpreps? you have access too right? But I have heard enough about him to know that his father is no longer with us soo WorkOrder that scenario is out the window of him getting beat you guys are ridiculous. Perfection is in none of us But the Most High. "Can't keep kids like that around" hmmm....

you guys win/won, Congratulations 2016 3A State Champions ( see you next year. )  :-[

KOJACK

Quote from: stephenAmaxx on December 26, 2016, 10:08:13 am
Uhh maxpreps? you have access too right? But I have heard enough about him to know that his father is no longer with us soo WorkOrder that scenario is out the window of him getting beat you guys are ridiculous. Perfection is in none of us But the Most High. "Can't keep kids like that around" hmmm....

you guys win/won, Congratulations 2016 3A State Champions ( see you next year. )  :-[
Who are these "you guys" you speak of? I think people in general believe in second chances, but where does it end? On the 3rd, 4th, 5th??? You tell me since you got all the answers. The world don't owe you, me, or anyone else a freaking thing. I'd love to know what you do for a living.

WorkOrder

Quote from: KOJACK on December 26, 2016, 12:47:51 pm
Who are these "you guys" you speak of? I think people in general believe in second chances, but where does it end? On the 3rd, 4th, 5th??? You tell me since you got all the answers. The world don't owe you, me, or anyone else a freaking thing. I'd love to know what you do for a living.

Probably lives off the government. Has no idea what happened for sure and is defending someone on a public forum.

stephenAmaxx

Quote from: KOJACK on December 26, 2016, 12:47:51 pm

"You guys".. Kojack- WorkOrder.. who else

KOJACK

Quote from: stephenAmaxx on December 26, 2016, 02:58:51 pm
"You guys".. Kojack- WorkOrder.. who else
Name one thing on this thread that I've said is ridiculous. I'm thru fooling with you. You are a fake butt Prescott fan...nothing more. You wanna talk about something just holler, otherwise Bye.

ISU7

Crest will be st out next season 🏈💪

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas