• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-18 AAA Conference Propositions?

Started by bluegrassboy75, November 15, 2016, 01:49:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegrassboy75

Has anyone heard from their schools if there will be a proposition to change the conferences for the 2018-20 cycle?  Maybe get rid of the combined conferences or change how they are assigned?

Just curious, I know a lot of coaches and fans are not happy about how the scheduling came out this year (especially in basketball).

For the record, I haven't heard anything at this time.

Missco

It's mainly just the non football schools that are griping. The same people that want 9 classifications and every kid to get a trophy

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Missco on November 16, 2016, 02:00:40 pm
It's mainly just the non football schools that are griping. The same people that want 9 classifications and every kid to get a trophy

I understand some of the complaining.  Just like every year, there isn't a perfect solution.  I know that Omaha went from playing in a district where the furthest foe was an hour and 15 mins away (Deer) now it is 2 hrs 11 min (Decatur).  My numbers come from Google Maps.

In my opinion, if they wanted to do combined, just make them all one classification.  Go down from 7 to 4. 

BTW, how does Missouri do their conferences? 

Missco

Their conferences are kinda like the combined. They are not assigned though. They are assigned to a district but that is totally just for the district tournament. Heck, in MO you have to win the tourney to move on. 2nd,3rd, or 4th gets you know where. Overall, the combined conference siriation lowered travel statewide. I agree just have 4 or 5 classes top. The AAA is nothing more than a greedy organization that has watered down high school sports

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Missco on November 16, 2016, 02:00:40 pm

No it's everyone excpet the football coaches that are complaining.

Missco

Arkansas has 7 basketball classes. Missouri has 6 with double the schools. TN has 3 with around 75 more schools. Arkansas----lets give every kid a trophy. Just think without combined classes, BIC, Marked Tree, etc. would have 3 conference games 3.5 hours away sice AA now only has 48 schools.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas