• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PB QB out

Started by BEAR, November 02, 2016, 11:09:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: dannynoonan on November 04, 2016, 10:44:51 am
RP you don't consider him to be one of the top Dual Threat QB recruits in the nation ?

No

zebradynasty

Quote from: dannynoonan on November 04, 2016, 10:36:11 am
ZD are you saying the ZB's would be still right where they are if Blair had stayed at Dway  ?

No but again I could have said the same thing last year without our QB. Would we have won the STC with our second string QB....I doubt it! Be clear not saying Blair isn't good just that when you run the type offense we run the QB isn't just a game manager EVERYTHING centers around the QB. So it appears the QB is carrying the team but to say it's just Blair and some average players is not accurate.

dannynoonan

RP I hope you are kidding. That's why he left Dway. They told his Dad he was more of a runner than a passer. His Dad has spent years working this kid and developing him into what he is today. No kid in the state has put in more overtime than Blair.

He was rated by the big time out of state QB Camps as one of the top DT QB's in the nation. That was the result of a lot of hard work. I can not see why you don't see it ?

Again Coach BB knows what landed in his lap and he is thankful he's a ZB.

ZD do you agree the record would be different without Blair ?

Every headline of every big win this year has said " Blair passes ZB's to victory " or " QB runs it in for another big PB victory "

Headlines don't line

ricepig

Quote from: dannynoonan on November 04, 2016, 11:35:51 am
RP I hope you are kidding. That's why he left Dway. They told his Dad he was more of a runner than a passer. His Dad has spent years working this kid and developing him into what he is today. No kid in the state has put in more overtime than Blair.

He was rated by the big time out of state QB Camps as one of the top DT QB's in the nation. That was the result of a lot of hard work. I can not see why you don't see it ?

Every headline of every big win this year has said " Blair passes ZB's to victory " or " QB runs it in for another big PB victory "

Headlines don't line

I'm sorry, but I don't see him on anyone's duel-threat QB list, I guess you have a link?

No where on this list.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DUAL

Or here.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DUAL

I think he's a good Arkansas high school QB, but IDK about the next level, especially major D-I. I hope he gets an offer somewhere and proves me wrong, good luck to the young man.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: dannynoonan on November 04, 2016, 11:35:51 am

Headlines don't line

I understand where you coming from DN yes he has put up big numbers and good stats but his line and backs and receivers has to get credit also because they all has made big plays and the receivers had to catch the big pass and X Smith has to be getting some d1 looks after this season he has the size but yeah Blair is good but he can't block for himself and catch the ball also but yeah DN I get what you are saying and no I think pine bluff would be in the playoffs if Blair was not in Pine Bluff but I can tell you this for sure Dollarway would have a home playoff game next week if he was at Dollarway

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2016, 11:51:22 am
I'm sorry, but I don't see him on anyone's duel-threat QB list, I guess you have a link?

No where on this list.

Or here.

I think he's a good Arkansas high school QB, but IDK about the next level, especially major D-I. I hope he gets an offer somewhere and proves me wrong, good luck to the young man.

He is the most underrated qb in the state because of the wishbone system he played in at Dollarway but yes major colleges are looking at him now but haven't offered yet because of the system he play in at Pine Bluff with BB qb friendly offense

ricepig

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 10:53:03 am
The fellow is throwing at a 59% clip his recieving corp has gotten a lot better after the Jonesboro game after Jonesboro game he is throwing at a 70% by throwing for 74% against Searcy 60% against Marion where he was forced to throw the ball because Marion wouldn't let him run wild and 70% against West Memphis don't let this little guy legs fool you go check out his stats before and after the Jonesboro game and also he rumbled with Cabot after they completely got screwed on defense because the official wouldn't end the game until Cabot finally got in the endzone after 3 failed times

Stats don't mean everything, Jonesboro throws for 300+ every game, I bet there aren't more than 3-4 that are completions 15 yards+ downfield. Those short passes taken 40+ yards are easy to complete, and pad the stats. I will say my observation was based on the Jonesboro game, and he missed several passes badly, and his receivers didn't help him out on a few more.

ricepig

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 12:00:13 pm
He is the most underrated qb in the state because of the wishbone system he played in at Dollarway but yes major colleges are looking at him now but haven't offered yet because of the system he play in at Pine Bluff with BB qb friendly offense

Well, if he went to camps, then he should have been known. Hopefully he gets his dream, he's a good athlete.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

November 04, 2016, 12:04:25 pm #58 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:06:21 pm by CARDINAL PRIDE!!!
Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2016, 12:02:40 pm
Stats don't mean everything, Jonesboro throws for 300+ every game, I bet there aren't more than 3-4 that are completions 15 yards+ downfield. Those short passes taken 40+ yards are easy to complete, and pad the stats. I will say my observation was based on the Jonesboro game, and he missed several passes badly, and his receivers didn't help him out on a few more.

The point is he going down field and yes I have seen you'll play that's how your qb stats are padded pine bluff goes vertical Jonesboro throws a 5 yard pass and turn it to 60 keep doing it til it stops great job Jonesboro

dannynoonan

Old Danny will be proven right about Simeon when the D1 offers start coming in. I do admit I thought he would have one by now.

Auburn says they are close to offering him. I was told folks are talking about that on an Auburn recruiting web site. Gus is smart !

I remind you again that's why his Dad brought him to PB to play for BB. Coach BB will get him those D1 offers soon. Till then he will continue to carry the ZB's.

zebrafan

Quote from: dannynoonan on November 04, 2016, 12:31:48 pm
Old Danny will be proven right about Simeon when the D1 offers start coming in. I do admit I thought he would have one by now.

Auburn says they are close to offering him. I was told folks are talking about that on an Auburn recruiting web site. Gus is smart !

I remind you again that's why his Dad brought him to PB to play for BB. Coach BB will get him those D1 offers soon. Till then he will continue to carry the ZB's.
He's not going to Auburn, he's a great player but Auburm is not going to offer!

zebrafan

He has carried the Zs this year, our record would be totally different without him...I'm extremely happy he came this year....but all this talk about Auburn is just funny...he's not a SEC QB.

zebradynasty

November 04, 2016, 01:56:41 pm #62 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:23:30 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: dannynoonan on November 04, 2016, 12:31:48 pm

IMO opinion the reason the D1 offers are not coming is #1 Not many D1 schools run offenses that showcase a dual threat QB's skills #2 Blair's throwing mechanics are not the best. He releases the ball at a low point kinda side armed. IF college coaches believe they can correct it during a redshirt year...the offers may come.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 04, 2016, 01:56:41 pm
IMO opinion the reason the D1 offers are not coming is #1 Not many D1 schools run offenses that showcase a dual threat QB's skills #2 Blair's throwing mechanics are not the best. He releases the ball at low point kinda side armed. IF college coaches believe they can correct it during a redshirt year...the offers may come.

Or a year at JUCO if they don't want to put out a scholarship offer this year.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

It's all speculation if he can pull a miracle and win state his chances go up as an SEC qb he can play in the SEC it may not be at qb not saying he can't do it but I'm sure this guy is not stuck up at the qb position he is a ball player. But for as I know I haven't heard about Auburn but I know he has interest from Miss. State and the coaches liked his evaluation at mid season

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2016, 01:59:55 pm
Or a year at JUCO if they don't want to put out a scholarship offer this year.

Yes that is definitely an option. I know the kid is very coachable so that is a huge plus. I know it sounds like I am down on him but I'm not. I don't want people lying to him...D1 will take some effort. Auburn took a chance on Kodi Burns years back and there are some striking similarities between the two. Kodi was a little quicker and Blair is faster. Kodi had a little better mechanics but I think Blair is the better passer.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 04, 2016, 02:08:16 pm
Yes that is definitely an option. I know the kid is very coachable so that is a huge plus. I know it sounds like I am down on him but I'm not. I don't want people lying to him...D1 will take some effort. Auburn took a chance on Kodi Burns years back and there are some striking similarities between the two. Kodi was a little quicker and Blair is faster. Kodi had a little better mechanics but I think Blair is the better passer.

Take a look at Tate Martell stats at Bishop Gorman High School in Nevada now Zebra Dynasty why can he not play quaterback and Tate Martell is the number 1 dual in the nation why couldn't Skelton get the D-1 scholarship and his numbers were similar to this guy that has 23 offers all over the country

The difference between Tate Martell #1 dual in the nation and Simeon Blair lets look at the stats according to maxpreps

Tate Martell
Passing Stats
94/148 1570 yards 25 touchdowns and 0 interceptions paser rating 138.8
Rushing Stats
809 yards on a 106 attempts with a carry of 7.6 yards a carry with 14 touchdowns
39 Touchdowns total in 10 games with a total of 2379 yards total and this guy has commited to Ohio State

Simeon Blair
Passing stats
88/150 1421 yards 18 touchdowns with 4 int with a passer rating 118.9
Rushing Stats
1037 yards on 133 attempts with a carry of 7.8 yards a carry with 17 touchdowns
35 touchdowns total in 8 games with a total of 2469 yards.

Both these fellows come from the same breed Pine Bluff is happy to have a top dual in the nation

STATS ARE FACTS

ricepig

Stats lie. There's an old saying, "figures lie, and liars figure". Which means, Winslow had a RB several years ago that ran for over 600 yards in a game, and tons for the year, should he have been the #1 recruit? Also, has Bishop Gorman played Hall this year?

zebrafan

Stats are facts for sure, doesn't Bishop play tough major competition throughout the year? Not saying PB doesn't but I'm pretty sure Tate doesn't play anyone close to Hall etc..either way Simeon is a solid player I just see him at a Harding/OBU school.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: zebrafan on November 04, 2016, 02:19:54 pm
Stats are facts for sure, doesn't Bishop play tough major competition throughout the year? Not saying PB doesn't but I'm pretty sure Tate doesn't play anyone close to Hall etc..either way Simeon is a solid player I just see him at a Harding/OBU school.

So Skelton was in the same system and you saying Skelton can not play SEC qb either? Because I think Skelton can play SEC qb

zebrafan

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 02:24:16 pm
So Skelton was in the same system and you saying Skelton can not play SEC qb either? Because I think Skelton can play SEC qb
Yeah I think Skelton could play at the Sec level...I don't think Simeon can...Simeon doesn't have the arm.

zebrafan

Skelton still needs JUCO to polish up as well!

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

November 04, 2016, 02:32:50 pm #72 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:34:38 pm by CARDINAL PRIDE!!!
Quote from: zebrafan on November 04, 2016, 02:28:05 pm
Yeah I think Skelton could play at the Sec level...I don't think Simeon can...Simeon doesn't have the arm.

Just wait to signing day my friend just wait to signing day I guarantee no OBU or Harding or a juco wait to the end of the season!!

zebrafan

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 02:32:50 pm
Just wait to signing day my friend just wait to signing day I guarantee no OBU or Harding wait to the end of the season!!
Hey I hope he goes SEC or any huge D1 college! That would be awesome but I'm sticking to what I said...Either way Blair will playing what he loves next year.

zebradynasty

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 02:15:25 pm
Take a look at Tate Martell stats at Bishop Gorman High School in Nevada now Zebra Dynasty why can he not play quaterback and Tate Martell is the number 1 dual in the nation why couldn't Skelton get the D-1 scholarship and his numbers were similar to this guy that has 23 offers all over the country

The difference between Tate Martell #1 dual in the nation and Simeon Blair lets look at the stats according to maxpreps

Tate Martell
Passing Stats
94/148 1570 yards 25 touchdowns and 0 interceptions paser rating 138.8
Rushing Stats
809 yards on a 106 attempts with a carry of 7.6 yards a carry with 14 touchdowns
39 Touchdowns total in 10 games with a total of 2379 yards total and this guy has commited to Ohio State

Simeon Blair
Passing stats
Rushing Stats

Both these fellows come from the same breed Pine Bluff is happy to have a top dual in the nation

STATS ARE FACTS

Stats are facts....but they don't always tell all the facts! Like in basketball I go around telling everyone I shot 90% from the free throw line for the season. That sounds very impressive but if I never told you I only shot 10 free throws....the "facts" show I shot 90% but that's not the entire story.

When looking at college QB or for that matter any player trying to get a scholarship at a major D1 school. Coaches have to look at whether the player is putting up numbers because they  just out athlete their opponent or do you actually have skill to go with the athleticism. You can't out athlete people in the SEC. Although Blair is putting up some great numbers, that throwing motion and the fact that PB passing game is not real sophisticated are things major D1 schools look at. I think Skelton going JUCO was an excellent plan and expect him to get offers once he completes JUCO.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 04, 2016, 02:46:54 pm
Stats are facts....but they don't always tell all the facts! Like in basketball I go around telling everyone I shot 90% from the free throw line for the season. That sounds very impressive but if I never told you I only shot 10 free throws....the "facts" show I shot 90% but that's not the entire story.

When looking at college QB or for that matter any player trying to get a scholarship at a major D1 school. Coaches have to look at whether the player is putting up numbers because they  just out athlete their opponent or do you actually have skill to go with the athleticism. You can't out athlete people in the SEC. Although Blair is putting up some great numbers, that throwing motion and the fact that PB passing game is not real sophisticated are things major D1 schools look at. I think Skelton going JUCO was an excellent plan and expect him to get offers once he completes JUCO.

What's wrong with his throwing motion at 60% out of 150 attempts is that your evaluation or next level evaluation?

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Forget the assesments and speculations can PB three peat this year Zebra fans?

zebrafan

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 03:07:29 pm
Going be a tough one in the semis...think we will get LH more than likely in the 2nd round I like our chances there vs the run.

T-Bone

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 03:07:29 pm

I agree that people seem to out think themselves often on here and try to use excuses and past to prove a point.  When excuses and past is about as useless as a teat on a bore hog. 
Now to that question.  No.  They will have to get past the Canes and I feel the Canes are so pumped they can stop even that team again. But it will be a great match up win or lose.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: zebrafan on November 04, 2016, 03:13:54 pm
Going be a tough one in the semis...think we will get LH more than likely in the 2nd round I like our chances there vs the run.
Do you think Marion can beat Greenwood thats the BIG ???? so the Z's keep homefield advantage

zebrafan

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 03:18:48 pm
Do you think Marion can beat Greenwood thats the BIG ???? so the Z's keep homefield advantage
Man I don't see it happening, I was impressed with what Marion had but that's a tough challenge for them.

ricepig

Quote from: zebrafan on November 04, 2016, 03:24:23 pm
Man I don't see it happening, I was impressed with what Marion had but that's a tough challenge for them.

No way Marion can stop GW, and I suspect, GW actually plays a little defense. I'm not sold on Marion beating El Dorado, El Do is well coached.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2016, 03:27:30 pm
No way Marion can stop GW, and I suspect, GW actually plays a little defense. I'm not sold on Marion beating El Dorado, El Do is well coached.

So are you saying Eldorado is the sleeper team in the playoff?

dannynoonan

ZD please tell me Blair didn't waste his time coming to PB.

He and his Dad dreamed of bringing him to the big stage to get that D1 offer. Now you tell me BB's scheme is un sophisticated ??? That's why he won't be getting the offers. His Dad has taught the boy how to read a defense.

I just can't accept that. Coach BB will get him a D1 offer. You watch what I tell you.

By the way. Ask folks around town to name one ZB this year. They'll say Simion Blair.

Just saying

zebradynasty

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 02:51:15 pm
What's wrong with his throwing motion at 60% out of 150 attempts is that your evaluation or next level evaluation?

Well according to the stats you posted he's are equal to or better than the #1 dual threat QB in the county yet no major college offers. Second look at how he throws and tell me what QB in the SEC releases the ball the way he does. You may think that is picky but HOW you throw a football is important. If you haven't noticed his throwing motion look at the HUDL and you'll see it. Very few high school QB's make it to major D1 schools with that kind of release.

zebrafan

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2016, 03:27:30 pm
Ohhh they have El Do first? Hmmm that's a good one, heard they have there starting QB back?

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

November 04, 2016, 03:35:52 pm #86 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:41:00 pm by CARDINAL PRIDE!!!
Quote from: zebradynasty on November 04, 2016, 03:31:55 pm
Well according to the stats you posted he's are equal to or better than the #1 dual threat QB in the county yet no major college offers. Second look at how he throws and tell me what QB in the SEC releases the ball the way he does. You may think that is picky but HOW you throw a football is important. If you haven't noticed his throwing motion look at the HUDL and you'll see it. Very few high school QB's make it to major D1 schools with that kind of release.

Who said he had to play quaterback at the next level who's to say he want swap to db or play wr in the next level you right they are just stats all im saying is that Skelton and Blair has this fellow beat and neither one of these fellows are ranked nationally now I know Tate Martell plays stiff competition but he play some stat games also and his school is #1 in the nation in football all I'm saying is that we would hear about a qb at PA or some school like that rather than in Pine Bluff so Pine Bluff should be able to come together and rally behind our talented qbs PB also have two more talented qbs thats go be a crazy spring because Foots is very agile and can throw and Jakobi the same way and it want be a quaterback in Arkansas that can touch these guys and we will have this same convo

zebradynasty

November 04, 2016, 03:45:06 pm #87 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:56:32 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: dannynoonan on November 04, 2016, 03:31:32 pm
ZD please tell me Blair didn't waste his time coming to PB.

He and his Dad dreamed of bringing him to the big stage to get that D1 offer. Now you tell me BB's scheme is un sophisticated ??? That's why he won't be getting the offers. His Dad has taught the boy how to read a defense.

I just can't accept that. Coach BB will get him a D1 offer. You watch what I tell you.

By the way. Ask folks around town to name one ZB this year. They'll say Simion Blair.

Just saying

Not trying to be sarcastic but do ya'll really look at the games? PB's passing scheme is very simple. We do very little screens, a few slants, almost never attack the middle, rarely throw to the RB out of the backfield, few fade routes unless at the goal line. 90% of our passes are from the numbers out, deep post and straight go routes. Not hating on the scheme because it's effective but no it's not hard to learn.

Well if you just go to the games and read the paper you probably know only about Blair but the 18 td passes he's thrown...he didn't catch his own passes. Whaley at 6-1 225 is having a great year playing OLB his coverage skills are very good. I predict he'll get the most offers.

zebradynasty

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 03:35:52 pm
Who said he had to play quaterback at the next level who's to say he want swap to db or play wr in the next level you right they are just stats all im saying is that Skelton and Blair has this fellow beat and neither one of these fellows are ranked nationally now I know Tate Martell plays stiff competition but he play some stat games also and his school is #1 in the nation in football all I'm saying is that we would hear about a qb at PA or some school like that rather than in Pine Bluff so Pine Bluff should be able to come together and rally behind our talented qbs PB also have two more talented qbs thats go be a crazy spring because Foots is very agile and can throw and Jakobi the same way and it want be a quaterback in Arkansas that can touch these guys and we will have this same convo

??? You're the one posting stats in comparison with other high school QB's with offers to play QB? IMO Skelton out played his counter parts from GW last year in the title game so I agree they should get more looks but our passing game does not translate well to the next level as much as GW. That's not the kids fault he's doing exactly what our coaches are asking him to do. So college coaches are really going to have to take a good look at PB QB and see if his skills can be developed to make it to the next level.

ricepig

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 03:30:10 pm
So are you saying Eldorado is the sleeper team in the playoff?

No, because I don't think they would win the next round. A #5 beating a #4 isn't that big of an upset to me.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

November 04, 2016, 04:00:04 pm #90 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:07:39 pm by CARDINAL PRIDE!!!
Quote from: zebradynasty on November 04, 2016, 03:53:57 pm
??? You're the one posting stats in comparison with other high school QB's with offers to play QB? IMO Skelton out played his counter parts from GW last year in the title game so I agree they should get more looks but our passing game does not translate well to the next level as much as GW. That's not the kids fault he's doing exactly what our coaches are asking him to do. So college coaches are really going to have to take a good look at PB QB and see if his skills can be developed to make it to the next level.
I AGREE WITH THAT YOU ARE RIGHT. But Skelton outplayed a lot more people in the state that got major scholarships also I'm not looking just in state Im looking nationally. For Christ sakes he was Landers Player of the Year with no major offers that's horrible. I know for sure Skelton is better than somebody that has a D-1 scholarship not hating on anyone else or anything because at the time Skelton was playing Connor Noland had had an offer to UCLA as a sophmore but Skelton and his team won two consecutive championships

T-Bone

Well if you just go to the games and read the paper you probably know only about Blair but the 18 td passes he's thrown...he didn't catch his own passes.
[/quote]

One of, if not the best sentences on this site.  You hit the nail on the head and buried it.  It is a team sport.  That was a great statement and very true.  If the player sees and believe in this he will do well in life outside the game too.

itsslim

Numbers don't lie, but the schedule these teams play are very different. Bishop Gorman plays a nationally ranked schedule, flying to games vs. other national ranked teams. (Think of Lebron James and how his high school team played while he was in high school) its a lot different than playing 2-3 teams this year that don't have 10 wins combined in 3 years. Not hating but those are actual facts. Mt. Home, LR Hall, Jacksonville shouldn't even field football teams. Simeon is having a great season but until PBHS schedules out of state completion, the kids not get a lot of out of state looks from colleges and universities. Don't think Skelton had the grades to go to a D1 school. Marion is good but will not beat Greenwood in Greenwood. The Zerbras will beat Jonesboro in the state championship. The Seniors were 8th graders and have been used to going to the state championship game. Jonesboro will be shocked. Pb gets revenge from the mid season loss. No offense to Simeon Blair, but the offense is very simple to learn, just don't think this system is preparing him to play QB at a D1 school. Think I covered it all. Hey just my 2 cents folks!!

T-Bone

Quote from: itsslim on November 04, 2016, 07:24:17 pm
Numbers don't lie, but the schedule these teams play are very different. Bishop Gorman plays a nationally ranked schedule, flying to games vs. other national ranked teams. (Think of Lebron James and how his high school team played while he was in high school) its a lot different than playing 2-3 teams this year that don't have 10 wins combined in 3 years. Not hating but those are actual facts. Mt. Home, LR Hall, Jacksonville shouldn't even field football teams. Simeon is having a great season but until PBHS schedules out of state completion, the kids not get a lot of out of state looks from colleges and universities. Don't think Skelton had the grades to go to a D1 school. Marion is good but will not beat Greenwood in Greenwood. The Zerbras will beat Jonesboro in the state championship. The Seniors were 8th graders and have been used to going to the state championship game. Jonesboro will be shocked. Pb gets revenge from the mid season loss. No offense to Simeon Blair, but the offense is very simple to learn, just don't think this system is preparing him to play QB at a D1 school. Think I covered it all. Hey just my 2 cents folks!!

Getting beat is getting beat but there will be no surprises.  The Canes know how good PB is and has been.  Heck we know it and get reminded every day by many of you.  Somewhat like the first meeting this year.  We were told how good they were and how bad they were going to beat us and we got the W.  Basically I respect how good PB is and has been but actually feel Marion is the best offense we have seen all year as a whole.  Meaning a team offense and not a one or two man show.  If we are blessed with a title game against PB it should be a good one but no blow out on either side.

itsslim

Hey man couldn't agree with you more. Marion is the TRUTH as well!

DogsandHogs

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 04, 2016, 03:53:57 pm
Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 04:00:04 pm
I AGREE WITH THAT YOU ARE RIGHT. But Skelton outplayed a lot more people in the state that got major scholarships also I'm not looking just in state Im looking nationally. For Christ sakes he was Landers Player of the Year with no major offers that's horrible. I know for sure Skelton is better than somebody that has a D-1 scholarship not hating on anyone else or anything because at the time Skelton was playing Connor Noland had had an offer to UCLA as a sophmore but Skelton and his team won two consecutive championships0

Skelton was very good.  He should have got some offers.  Noland didn't really play in the S.C.G. So I don't know how he got out played. I think he was in for 1 play. Noland was  a sophomore last year. Hales is a different type player than Skelton. There is more to offers than winning games and being a good athlete. The system you are in, mechanics and a whole laundry list of things come into play. As far as Tate Martell goes, that kid plays teams across the nation. He plays for a private school that doesn't really play a standard high school schedule. Let's compare strength of schedule with him. So camparing one Q.B. to another is like comparing apples and oranges.

bulldogger15

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 04, 2016, 02:15:25 pm
Take a look at Tate Martell stats at Bishop Gorman High School in Nevada now Zebra Dynasty why can he not play quarterback and Tate Martell is the number 1 dual in the nation why couldn't Skelton get the D-1 scholarship and his numbers were similar to this guy that has 23 offers all over the country

Tate Martell
Passing Stats
94/148 1570 yards 25 touchdowns and 0 interceptions passer rating 138.8
Rushing Stats

Simeon Blair
Passing stats
Rushing Stats

STATS ARE FACTS
This might be the dumbest comparison I've seen in a long time.

If "STATS ARE FACTS" what about Bishop Gorman being ranked #1 in the nation this year and finished #1 last year as well?

Not even close to the same breed and you sir are an idiot!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 04, 2016, 03:31:55 pm
+1. I can't believe we are actually seeing a very accurate statement about a Pine Bluff player that makes sense. And it's from zebradynasty! Wow!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: bulldogger15 on November 05, 2016, 12:26:48 am
+1. I can't believe we are actually seeing a very accurate statement about a Pine Bluff player that makes sense. And it's from zebradynasty! Wow!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Well I tell you what bulldogger 15 if this guy get past the line of scrimmage make sure your refs get ready to throw their flags out because that guy go run home to Pine Bluff at Greenwood once he get past the first level of anyone defense it's over that's what make this guy special from the pocket passers in the state and that's accurate zebradynasty what happened when he first got over there it was all peaches and creames but everyone has an entitle to their opinions a nice healthy conversation I love this time of the year IT'S THE PLAYOFFS THE CREAM WILL RISE TO THE TOP!!!

Oldbadger

"run home to Pine Bluff at Greenwood" .  Forrest Gump at Alabama!lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas