• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Union Christian Academy Fort Smith 8 man team

Started by arksportsfan, September 04, 2016, 09:43:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arksportsfan

This could be the best team no one knows about!!! They switched to 8 man this year and only have about 15 kids on the roster but are loaded with talent and well coached! They lost their first game by a couple touchdowns to a Missouri team that had 60 kids but since then have blown out their first two conference opponents 49-0 then 50-0, at the half in both games. 8 man mercy rule just ends game when a team gets up 45. Union throws it all over the place with a great qb and 4 solid receiving options! A must see if you are close to Fort Smith! They play at Ramsey junior high field!

jsky14

arksportsfan

I know they play Gans Oklahoma at home this Friday. They are on the road the next week against a Tulsa team then back home on Sat the 24th for homecoming! I went to their first conference game at home and they are exciting!!! It is run and gun offense and the back Hammonds is unreal!!

xcat

arksportsfan

It was an exaggeration!!! The point being they had twice the number of kids! I'm just saying when they play they are fun to watch!

arksportsfan

Another exciting game for the Eagles of Union Christian Academy! 48 to 6 win over public school Gans Oklahoma. They travel to Regent Prep in Tulsa next week! Hunter Hammonds the exciting back had 5 total touchdowns including a 99 yard kick off return!

Hornet4ever

UCA got tired of getting thrown around in the 4-2A, so they drop to eight man ball, I dont understand it.

OB11

This is kind of off topic...but are there/have there been any big time D1 players that played 8 man football instead of 11?

beach bum

Quote from: OB11 on September 23, 2016, 10:48:02 am
This is kind of off topic...but are there/have there been any big time D1 players that played 8 man football instead of 11?

Someone may correct me on this, but I believe Marshall Faulk once played 8 man football and his style in the NFL I could see coming from the 8 man game. He was a RB that did it in the run and passing game better than anyone. He picked up guys blitzing very well too. I might be wrong on this though, but I think he came from an 8 man background.

jsky14

Tom Rathman, u of Nebraska and a 49er. Real good fullback.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jsky14 on September 23, 2016, 08:10:32 pm
Tom Rathman, u of Nebraska and a 49er. Real good fullback.

Nebraska used to recruit a lot of 8 man guys I believe. ...

Longfellow

Rashaan Salaam, the 1994 heisman winner, and Chad Greenway, current Vikings linebacker, both played 8 man ball

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 24, 2016, 01:30:12 am
Nebraska used to recruit a lot of 8 man guys I believe. ...
Lots of 8 man football in Nebraska

jsky14

HorseFeathers

5-2...beat Arkansas Christian Academy of Bryant at their place last week.

jsky14

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas