• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MARKED TREE FOOTBALL

Started by mtindian42, May 29, 2016, 12:51:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

Waylon is a MT guy born and raised in MT. The potential to be a good coach is there. From this point forward I'm going to stand behind my MT brother. Go Indians!

playmaker04

You mean Dunn was the best choice out of the applicants? Wow

mtindian42

Quote from: playmaker04 on July 07, 2017, 01:00:28 pm
You mean Dunn was the best choice out of the applicants? Wow
coaches tend to do better the 2nd time around. I wouldn't write MT off just yet if I was the rest of the conference! Paul Coleman should have a monster year in this system!

NEark tigers

Quote from: mtindian42 on July 07, 2017, 01:05:19 pm
coaches tend to do better the 2nd time around. I wouldn't write MT off just yet if I was the rest of the conference! Paul Coleman should have a monster year in this system!
Until they go to the Bulldog Nation, theyll get rolled.....

mtindian42

Quote from: NEark tigers on July 11, 2017, 04:54:45 pm
Until they go to the Bulldog Nation, theyll get rolled.....
earle will roll a lot of folks I would think. You never know how these things will play out tho. On paper it looks as if Earle should blow us out. In between the lines tho anything can happen! I think y'all having one of the country's top players Will help y'all win a lot of games tho.

Dogg

mtindian42

July 12, 2017, 05:36:38 am #456 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:41:10 am by mtindian42
Quote from: Dogg on July 11, 2017, 11:21:10 pm
Earle owns MT!!
naw Ritter and Mary Ann Arnold dose!😂

MTINDIANFAN

July 20, 2017, 09:19:00 pm #457 Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:21:14 pm by MTINDIANFAN
WE ARE FREAKING SCREWED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BACK TO BEING CELLAR DWELLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry 42, I know he's your boy but he is not head coach material. He needs a good offensive coordinator(not him) to call plays. His play calling sucks.

I was never a fan of Wallis's offense. The main reason was we never could defend a half assed passing team because we never practiced against the pass.

I will be at every game we play. Only now, I will go into the season knowing a conference championship is a pipe dream. We will definitely be Earle, Cross County, and EPC's b***h.

bearbacker52

does the head basketball coach help with football, like holding tackle dummys etc?

MTINDIANFAN

Barbara Wilburn is a tough lady but I don't know if she's that tough.

bearbacker52

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on July 21, 2017, 12:22:51 pm
Barbara Wilburn is a tough lady but I don't know if she's that tough.

she a good bb coach,

mtindian42

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on July 20, 2017, 09:19:00 pm
WE ARE FREAKING SCREWED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BACK TO BEING CELLAR DWELLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry 42, I know he's your boy but he is not head coach material. He needs a good offensive coordinator(not him) to call plays. His play calling sucks.

I was never a fan of Wallis's offense. The main reason was we never could defend a half assed passing team because we never practiced against the pass.

I will be at every game we play. Only now, I will go into the season knowing a conference championship is a pipe dream. We will definitely be Earle, Cross County, and EPC's b***h.
i think we will be fine... going to depend on the lines if they are strong MT will be tough. I think Dunn has a chip on his shoulder as well... if he can get these guys to bye in... MT could surprise some folks!

bearbacker52

Quote from: mtindian42 on July 21, 2017, 08:42:21 pm
i think we will be fine... going to depend on the lines if they are strong MT will be tough. I think Dunn has a chip on his shoulder as well... if he can get these guys to bye in... MT could surprise some folks!

cant give up this soon

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: mtindian42 on July 21, 2017, 08:42:21 pm
. if he can get these guys to bye in...

"bye in"??

Does this mean players wave "bye" on their way to basketball practice??

Just kidding.   I couldn't resist.

MTINDIANFAN

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 22, 2017, 10:21:23 am
cant give up this soon
I agree Dunn will have a chip on his shoulder. But, as I said before, he needs someone else to call plays. Many times several of us on the sidelines would say "where the heck did that come from"?

After he was let go, we learned that he really didn't stress off season preparation. If you are going to be serious about football, you have to stress the off season. High school football now is a 12 month season not just 4 months.

I have also noticed lack of focus the closer when we get closer to basketball. I think we have transitioned into a basketball team first and football team second like Kentucky is in college.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on July 22, 2017, 11:39:36 am

I have also noticed lack of focus the closer when we get closer to basketball. I think we have transitioned into a basketball team first and football team second .

It has been my experience that there is no greater insult for a school with a proud football tradition to be called a "basketball school".

mtindian42

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 22, 2017, 10:56:26 am
"bye in"??

Does this mean players wave "bye" on their way to basketball practice??

Just kidding.   I couldn't resist.
😂😂😂 oops...

mtindian42

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on July 22, 2017, 11:39:36 am
I agree Dunn will have a chip on his shoulder. But, as I said before, he needs someone else to call plays. Many times several of us on the sidelines would say "where the heck did that come from"?

After he was let go, we learned that he really didn't stress off season preparation. If you are going to be serious about football, you have to stress the off season. High school football now is a 12 month season not just 4 months.

I have also noticed lack of focus the closer when we get closer to basketball. I think we have transitioned into a basketball team first and football team second like Kentucky is in college.
you could make a case we have always been a basketball first school. We have had far more success in basketball then in football. There is no way to know how this season will play out... But you can be a sure this team and staff will give all they got to the cause! And as a fan win lose or draw that's all you can ask!

MTINDIANFAN

July 23, 2017, 09:37:30 pm #468 Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:39:17 pm by MTINDIANFAN
We will find out early. We had to come back from 28 down to beat Clarendon last year. Passing teams will kill us since we cannot cover anyone. Thus, Harrisburg, Westside and Earle could get ugly. EPC and Salem will determine if we wind up 4th or 5th.

I love my Indians. I cannot stand to see we would stay with the status quo and not seek improvement. I gave Wallis a chance because he was new blood. But he was so hung up with his offense. Our talent was set up for a different offense. A good coach can look at the talent they have and set up an offense to succeed.

Bobby Bolden is the last coach Marked Tree has had. Tim Brannon was decent but not in the same category as Bolden.

I don't understand how we can't offer an assistant coach from a bigger division to start their career. 

mtindian42

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on July 23, 2017, 09:37:30 pm
We will find out early. We had to come back from 28 down to beat Clarendon last year. Passing teams will kill us since we cannot cover anyone. Thus, Harrisburg, Westside and Earle could get ugly. EPC and Salem will determine if we wind up 4th or 5th.

I love my Indians. I cannot stand to see we would stay with the status quo and not seek improvement. I gave Wallis a chance because he was new blood. But he was so hung up with his offense. Our talent was set up for a different offense. A good coach can look at the talent they have and set up an offense to succeed.

Bobby Bolden is the last coach Marked Tree has had. Tim Brannon was decent but not in the same category as Bolden.

I don't understand how we can't offer an assistant coach from a bigger division to start their career.
all valid points my friend but let's give Dunn a shot... we need to get behind him for the sake of the kids... he is trying to build team unity... if those kids come on here and see us the fans bashing him...then it makes building the team unity that much more difficult for him...we must put aside our differences and remember the kids are the most important here...you say you love your Indians and I know you do!
Then it's time to get with the process and back Dunn and support this team!!!#allin

birddawg1986

July 24, 2017, 07:26:38 pm #470 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:13:22 pm by birddawg1986
Quote from: mtindian42 on July 23, 2017, 11:47:02 pm
all valid points my friend but let's give Dunn a shot... we need to get behind him for the sake of the kids... he is trying to build team unity... if those kids come on here and see us the fans bashing him...then it makes building the team unity that much more difficult for him...we must put aside our differences and remember the kids are the most important here...you say you love your Indians and I know you do!
Then it's time to get with the process and back Dunn and support this team!!!#allin
We didn't t need someone who is trying to climb the ranks and change coaches every 2 years. Give it to the MT man that bleeds blue/gold and wants to build a good program. With declining enrollment hitting hard to do but a MT will give it H*LL..

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: birddawg1986 on July 24, 2017, 07:26:38 pm
We didn't t need someone who is trying to climb the ranks and change coaches every 2 years. Give it to the MT man that bleeds blue/gold and wants to build a good program. With declining enrollment hitting hard to do but a MT will give it H*LL..

I think you'll find that home town boys are just as prone to using their home school as a stepping stone to better jobs as anyone.

mtindian42

Quote from: birddawg1986 on July 24, 2017, 07:26:38 pm
#allin time to go to work blue and gold style! Blue collar work ethic and gold standards that's the MT way! Go Blue!!!

mtindian42

For all your MT Sports needs go check out the Calvin Hensley Sports report on Facebook. Calvin will be covering the Indians from the opening kick to the final buzzer  Give him a like and you can keep up with the Indians every move.

Coach Mac

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 13, 2017, 04:25:51 am
For all your MT Sports needs go check out the Calvin Hensley Sports report on Facebook. Calvin will be covering the Indians from the opening kick to the final buzzer  Give him a like and you can keep up with the Indians every move.
wht it do mane?

big E

Coach Mac

Quote from: mtindian42 on June 28, 2017, 10:54:23 pm
Waylon is a MT guy born and raised in MT. The potential to be a good coach is there. From this point forward I'm going to stand behind my MT brother. Go Indians!
hw he yo brthr mane u cme frm Memphis to turrell an thn 2 Mt. dnt 4get the mound bruh we gt big prblems if u do!

mtindian42

Quote from: Coach Mac on August 14, 2017, 08:01:38 pm
hw he yo brthr mane u cme frm Memphis to turrell an thn 2 Mt. dnt 4get the mound bruh we gt big prblems if u do!
😂😂😂 I thought they had your big headed self blocked from posting! Boy you a trip! 😂😂😂

bdubyab60

Quote from: big E on August 13, 2017, 07:50:56 pm
lol No way anyone talks like this in real life.
Youd be surprised. I had an interesting job interview one time.

MTINDIANFAN

At least I got my wish. As long as Coach Brannum is calling the offense,I can live with Waylon being Head Coach. Thank goodness we scrapped that single wing crap

Lumberjackfan1978

Congrats on yall's win last night I think Marked Tree will be alright

mtindian42

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on September 01, 2017, 11:51:02 pm
At least I got my wish. As long as Coach Brannum is calling the offense,I can live with Waylon being Head Coach. Thank goodness we scrapped that single wing crap
yep he went out and got and old friend to come help him coach the offense. keep in mind Dunn never had the talent he has now in his first stint as coach. he had Deangelo griffin as his only true play maker that people feared. now you got lots of guys who can hurt you on this team. MT with Waylon dunn as the D cornator just became a whole new animal to deal with.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas