• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City

Started by Beardad, December 15, 2015, 09:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheek

Quote from: dragondad on May 08, 2017, 03:14:04 pm
Thanks for posting Bleu...pretty proud Dad here.

CJ also broke his previously set 200m All-time record for Junction City, by running a 22.52.  He now hold the All-Time records at Junction City for 200m, Long Jump, Tripple Jump, and most rushing yards in a single game.  His fastest 100m time this season has been 10.83.  I'm not sure what the JC record is.

Is CJ a Sr.

thabeast428

Yea unfortunately lol

dragondad

bleudog

dragondad

Class of 2017 - Carderick "CJ" Johnson has been offered a scholarship by SAU Track and Field.

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on May 11, 2017, 03:43:41 pm
Class of 2017 - Carderick "CJ" Johnson has been offered a scholarship by SAU Track and Field.

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on May 18, 2017, 11:57:11 pm

Thanks for posting this bleu,  it's been an exciting yet exhausting week.

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

ADG write up on classification correction:  CLICK HERE

Jimbo Morphis

Amazing, from excited about dominating 3a to limping back to 2a.

SR30

No doubt Oldman.. when you can't run with the big dogs you run back to the street you came from...

Proud Buckaroo

Not taking up for junction city or anything. But, AAA miscounted last cycle as well.

It just wasn't as obvious as this time around.

Technically they never belonged in 3A from the beginning.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 07, 2017, 02:19:04 pm
Not taking up for junction city or anything. But, AAA miscounted last cycle as well.

It just wasn't as obvious as this time around.

Technically they never belonged in 3A from the beginning.
But according to most of them one year ago there is no difference in 2a or 3a.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on June 07, 2017, 02:45:10 pm

Yeah. I get what you're saying. No doubt. A lot of them realized there is a difference.

dragondad

Who's them?  One guy maybe?  Every team has that obnoxious poster.... kinda like you and oldman obviously are for the teams you support.    I thought we did pretty well in all sports for our first season in 3A plus a very small senior class. 

HorseFeathers

Rich Sanders with all his number crunching geekness, has said in the past the gap between 3a and 2a is the largest gap between two classes talent wise....

AT

I know let bygones be bygones, but putting a team a classification above where they should have been for 2 years is a rather egregious mistake. If it didn't mess with things too much, I'd let JC be 2A where their numbers say they are this upcoming school year.

bleudog

June 07, 2017, 04:52:57 pm #669 Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:46:07 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 07, 2017, 03:52:37 pm
Rich Sanders with all his number crunching geekness, has said in the past the gap between 3a and 2a is the largest gap between two classes talent wise....

I agree with Rich if you look at the average team in both classifications.  Because of depth and talent pool variances, the middle of the road and weaker 3A team should dominate the middle of the road and weaker 2A team.  There can be a huge difference between teams with 20-25 players on the roster and teams with 40-45 players on the roster.

But the stronger 2A teams could hold their own in 3A.  That experiment took place this last year and JC pretty much confirmed it.  JC didn't do too bad in 2016-2017 playing in 3A with 2A numbers.  They did have sweet 16 tournament appearances in girls basketball, boys basketball and football (with the second round football exit being a last minure, one point road loss).  Elite 8 in baseball.  Boys track and field team finished fourth (JC has no track).  Heck, those Dragons even managed a 3A state championship in weightlifting. 

Now what the little dog can do in the next bigger dog group for 2017-2018 is to be determined.  Plus that 4A/3A regular season grouping in non-football sports is a little tougher on true 2A schools.

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 07, 2017, 03:55:40 pm
I know let bygones be bygones, but putting a team a classification above where they should have been for 2 years is a rather egregious mistake. If it didn't mess with things too much, I'd let JC be 2A where their numbers say they are this upcoming school year.

And Alma, in a perfect world the correction would be immediate due to the lack of formula correction between ADE and AAA occurring in this cycle too, but JC didn't file a formal appeal for the current cycle.  I posted in the AAA Classification for 2018 thread some of JC's possible reasons for not filing a formal appeal at that time.  I hate the cliché, but it is what it is.

bleudog

EDNT interview with JC superintendent:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Proud Buckaroo

bleudog

Proud Buckaroo

Yeah. I just saw it. Smackover went 1-2 in pool play to get number 3 seed in bracket play.

They beat Hope first round.
Then they sent JC packing.

I know it's just 7 on 7. But this is a bright spot for the offense. Especially with a whole new system.

BigBrother

You know you are not good when you post 7 on7 victories

Proud Buckaroo

Terrible efforts at trolling. My five year old daughter can do better than that, Little Brother.

BigBrother

I know it's not much but big brother trolled proud bucktard on fearless Friday. What a good sign for our new trolling coach. Dude you bragged about a PE sport. Then get roasted and want to cry. Typical bucktard behavior.

Proud Buckaroo

Where did I get roasted?

Where did I brag?

Where did I cry about this so called "roasting?" Only thing you roast is marshmallows over the fire.

Pretty sure I posted results. Lol. But, good try.

Is there anything you don't fail at?

It's so obvious you have no clue about anything.

BigLion10

Ooh you got burned PB 😂😂

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 16, 2017, 07:36:19 am
Ooh you got burned PB 😂😂

Like a toaster on high...  ::)

Jimbo Morphis

This is like watching midget wrestling.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on June 16, 2017, 08:36:50 am
This is like watching midget wrestling.

We don't want to know anything about your personal life, Oldman.  :o

BigLion10

Midget wrestling the the mud haha

Lumberjackfan1978

Ha Ha this is funny  :D

BigBrother

Smackover beat JC in 7/7 great for program-
Not any good if you brag on 7/7-HENCE THE ROAst
Now you know The term roast. I intentionally capitalized in wrong places to give you the comeback of punctuation , spelling etc schooling graduation etc.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 15, 2017, 02:44:47 pm
Yeah. I just saw it. Smackover went 1-2 in pool play to get number 3 seed in bracket play.

They beat Hope first round.
Then they sent JC packing.

I know it's just 7 on 7. But this is a bright spot for the offense. Especially with a whole new system.

Since you were too concerned with pulling on yourself in kindergarten instead of paying attention in class... let's review this post together.

The bold print is not bragging. That would be classified as a compliment. Far from the 'bragging' most of these adults do on this forum.

Now, let's give you the difference between what you claim I did and what I really did. 

What you think I did:

brag·ging
ˈbraɡiNG/
noun
excessively proud and boastful talk about one's achievements or possessions.
"she interrupted their endless bragging"

What I actually did:

com·pli·ment
noun
ˈkämpləmənt/
a polite expression of praise or admiration.
"she paid me an enormous compliment"

Now, let's review the italics...

Smackover has a whole new system. New defense installed. New offense installed. Three new coaches. For a very long time, Smackover has used the same offense pretty much since I can remember. They have changed it up a little here and there. But, they have never changed the whole entire system. These kids are used to the old and have to adjust and learn the new.

Reason #1 of why I made a compliment.

Now, I never bragged about beating JC in 7 on 7. I posted results. Just as the twitter page for JC school was doing. People like to be informed. Rather it's full pads, 7 on 7 or your favorite... powder puff football.

I'm not sure what your obsession with me is. But, quite frankly. It's getting really weird. You're just not my type, Miss.

As far as getting roasted... I still fail to see it. If that was your way of roasting. I'd hate to see you at a wiener roast. Probably best I stay away though. That is your forte.

Longfellow

Quote from: BigBrother on June 16, 2017, 03:47:28 pm
Smackover beat JC in 7/7 great for program-
Not any good if you brag on 7/7-HENCE THE ROAst
Now you know The term roast. I intentionally capitalized in wrong places to give you the comeback of punctuation , spelling etc schooling graduation etc.
Is there a difference between a roast and a ROAst?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 16, 2017, 05:53:10 pm
Since you were too concerned with pulling on yourself in kindergarten instead of paying attention in class... let's review this post together.

The bold print is not bragging. That would be classified as a compliment. Far from the 'bragging' most of these adults do on this forum.

Now, let's give you the difference between what you claim I did and what I really did. 

What you think I did:

brag·ging
ˈbraɡiNG/
noun
excessively proud and boastful talk about one's achievements or possessions.
"she interrupted their endless bragging"

What I actually did:

com·pli·ment
noun
ˈkämpləmənt/
a polite expression of praise or admiration.
"she paid me an enormous compliment"

Now, let's review the italics...

Smackover has a whole new system. New defense installed. New offense installed. Three new coaches. For a very long time, Smackover has used the same offense pretty much since I can remember. They have changed it up a little here and there. But, they have never changed the whole entire system. These kids are used to the old and have to adjust and learn the new.

Reason #1 of why I made a compliment.

Now, I never bragged about beating JC in 7 on 7. I posted results. Just as the twitter page for JC school was doing. People like to be informed. Rather it's full pads, 7 on 7 or your favorite... powder puff football.

I'm not sure what your obsession with me is. But, quite frankly. It's getting really weird. You're just not my type, Miss.

As far as getting roasted... I still fail to see it. If that was your way of roasting. I'd hate to see you at a wiener roast. Probably best I stay away though. That is your forte.

Fell asleep while reading. First book I've started in months. Hope it gets better towards the end.

bleudog

June 17, 2017, 09:18:15 am #689 Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:35:30 am by bleudog
Quote from: Oldman on June 17, 2017, 06:14:58 am
Fell asleep while reading. First book I've started in months. Hope it gets better towards the end.

Maybe when the movie comes out it'll be on Netflix?

Just kidding PB.

amehr36

For my first post in months, let me say... 7 on 7s mean nothing. The day i get excited over a 7 on 7 is the day i start voting deomcrat.

Proud Buckaroo

Never got excited. Posted results. I know very well 7 on 7 means nothing. I think it helps some kids who aren't used to throwing the ball get a little more comfortable. Other than that.. it's just a bonified game of touch football.

JC Guy

If 7 on 7 is used to work on certain areas like timing, routes and line backers improving cover skills to name a few then they can be very beneficial. One of the most productive things that comes from competing in these is the fact they aren't sitting in front of a video screen. The quarterback probably gets the least out of it in my opinion because he doesn't have live bullets flying at him.

bigworm

Hey guys, what came of the Gray kid?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bigworm on June 18, 2017, 08:57:44 pm
Hey guys, what came of the Gray kid?

You really don't want to know. It's best that no one says anything unless they really want to.

bleudog

RZback

Quote from: JC Guy on June 17, 2017, 03:47:39 pm
If 7 on 7 is used to work on certain areas like timing, routes and line backers improving cover skills to name a few then they can be very beneficial. One of the most productive things that comes from competing in these is the fact they aren't sitting in front of a video screen. The quarterback probably gets the least out of it in my opinion because he doesn't have live bullets flying at him.

Its an all pass competition, OL get nothing out of it.  QB throws on every down and is forced to get it off within 4 seconds I believe, work on accuracy and timing, route running are the big plusses.

dragondad

In JC's defense,  they too are learning an entirely new offense..... one that no one down here would've ever imagined they'd see,  as well as two new coaches.   I didn't take PB's post as bragging,  being JCs first 7/7 I imagine it wasn't a difficult victory for a mid afternoon game after three or four tough earlier games, and against a new O and new starting DBs.  Not much to brag about except that the Bucks may have picked up on their new system a little faster than JC has.  Good thing is, there's a lot of time between now and August, and even more between no and October 20th.

Stay hydrated,  is gonna be a hot summer.

Iknewthemwhen

Are they going spread?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on June 20, 2017, 11:00:10 am
Are they going spread?

Yes. No huddle, spread and getting plays from sidelines.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas