• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City

Started by Beardad, December 15, 2015, 09:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THA TRUTH

put it this way... its no mistake the state titles came flooding in when smith got on staff and after 14 years with the program being a major factor he deserved the job but instead a guy he coached 12 years ago is taking over... I hope steven does good but he shouldn't be the head guy in my opinion

dragondad

Does no good to add fuel to the fire,  the decision has been made.  Get behind him and suport him and help make this dificult transition as smooth as possible.

Rida4Life

Quote from: THA TRUTH on January 11, 2017, 08:34:21 am
put it this way... its no mistake the state titles came flooding in when smith got on staff and after 14 years with the program being a major factor he deserved the job but instead a guy he coached 12 years ago is taking over... I hope steven does good but he shouldn't be the head guy in my opinion

very good point..... if ya'll don't want Smith, I'm sure there are other programs that would LOVE to have him... I know of one in particular that would be VERY interested.

dragondad#1

Coach Smith should be the head coach...14 years on the staff...he knows all these kids n all these kids love him... I don't like the hire but it is what it is...good luck to Coach Jones...

young_gun

Jones is a great man and a great coach. He will do a great job in JC and I wish him nothing but the best.

bleudog

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2016-2017/Steven%20Jones%20News%20Release.pdf

thabeast428

For the ones who don't agree with it maybe y'all should of applied! Just saying there had to be reasoning behind to why smith didn't get it. Then his son tweets about it should be called three creeks high so obviously a lil jealousy there. I mean it's not like Jones doesn't have any experience at all so yea give him a chance and just hope smith doesn't leave or let down the team for him not getting it

thabeast428

And also I wouldn't say all the guys like him Bc I know some that can't stand him. I think he has done a heck of a job with the Defense but then again y'all were the same ones complaining about the kids last year so guess it's always gonna be something with y'all.

Jimbo Morphis

Trouble in paradise? Is three creeks in Arkansas?

thabeast428

dragondad

January 11, 2017, 02:33:54 pm #560 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:36:19 pm by dragondad
Quote from: thabeast428 on January 11, 2017, 02:14:37 pm
For the ones who don't agree with it maybe y'all should of applied! Just saying there had to be reasoning behind to why smith didn't get it. Then his son tweets about it should be called three creeks high so obviously a lil jealousy there. I mean it's not like Jones doesn't have any experience at all so yea give him a chance and just hope smith doesn't leave or let down the team for him not getting it

A lot of truth to this,  and you're right his son making jealous comments just makes it look worse, not to mention only 2 of the 5 board members attend TCBC, and the board didn't select the top candidates that were presented to the board, or make the official hire.  14 years on staff,  does anyone think that would just be ignored?   People that love JC football would do the district, the men involved, and the program well to just drop it and embrace the change.  Have some faith in the ones who made the selection and recomendation (and again it wasn't Three Creeks Baptist Church)......or don't, after all its not those of us on here that have to live with all the grief this causes those closest to this decision....on either side.

RZback

I'm sure that those involved had their reasons, I think this is for some reason a trend you see, schools seem to hire from outside more often.  Does that promote loyalty and hard work? Or maybe the outgoing coaches just didn't do much to develop staff worthy of being the next head man.

dragondad

If Smith wanted to, or wants to, be a head coach he would be, or will be....no doubt.  As of right now though, it won't be at JC.  He's a talented Coach, I hope he stays but I know he'll do good if he decides to leave.

RZback

I think politics may have a bit to do with these decisions.  Who has pull.

Outrigger

Doesn't make sense to me either. Smith is a very devoted coach. Not just during game time either. I just hope the new guy will give the Dragons the time he does.

thabeast428

I believe he will definitely give the time Bc he knows what it's like to be a Dragon

THA TRUTH

January 11, 2017, 03:28:32 pm #566 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:35:08 pm by THA TRUTH
Jones just got put into a rough situation... next years team has a chance to be very special and if they fall short it's gonna come back to this hire but hopefully smith stays and helps Steven get acclimated with the players but if he leaves especially to one rumored school it could be trouble

dragondad#1

OK....for me it's just these boys have known coach Smith for a long time & coach Smith has been loyal to the program...it's just seemed that he was the HC in waiting...a lot of us just feel that the chemistry is about to be broken...but it's just my opinion... I'm a nobody so no one cares...but 14 years may not be all that counts but it should mean something...what about the boys they know his system and he knows what each one of them can do ...as far as applying I can't but I still have an opinion n my opinion is this should have been coach Smith's job...everyone is right there had to be a reason and maybe if that reason is explained to me maybe I'll understand more...I'm an Alumni so maybe I can find some understanding....hope he does well I really do...

thabeast428

Ur right I was actually shocked too but same time I had heard Stephen was gonna try and get it. I think either one would do good but your correct is smith leaves it will be tough

dragondad

January 11, 2017, 04:50:25 pm #569 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:30:49 pm by dragondad
Maybe the reason Smith didn't get the nod is not something that needs to be discussed or is anyone's business.  Just know that he's a good Coach and also know that the men who chose Steven did so with the best interest of all involved in the process....including the team.

dragondad#1

If he's so bad why has he been on staff for 14 years?

THA TRUTH

January 11, 2017, 05:32:58 pm #571 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:44:01 pm by THA TRUTH
Ok now that's getting ignorant...

dragondad

Sorry guys,  I honestly mean he's "a" good coach.  I had written something different and rewrote before I posted.  Seriously, he is a good Coach.  Even if he wasn't,  those that know me, know I wouldn't blast him on here like that intentionally.

Wilson

What if JC had promoted from within in the summer of 1990?. . Being loyal to a coach already on the staff and not hired the "outsider" named David Carpenter? .   What would the JC program look like now?. . I'm in no way saying that Jones will experience the success that Coach Carpenter did. . But sticking with a players favorite isn't always what's best for a program. . Something I think LSU may very well find out in the next couple of years. . Besides.  Jones is far from an outsider at JC. . He may of been gone for a while but he's well versed in the traditions and expectations at JC

bleudog

EDNT interview with Jones:  CLICK HERE

Jimbo Morphis

I don't know what your political machine was thinking. If the man couldn't win as head coach at Dewitt what makes them think he can win at junction City?

Rida4Life

Quote from: Wilson on January 11, 2017, 10:45:36 pm
What if JC had promoted from within in the summer of 1990?. . Being loyal to a coach already on the staff and not hired the "outsider" named David Carpenter? .   What would the JC program look like now?. . I'm in no way saying that Jones will experience the success that Coach Carpenter did. . But sticking with a players favorite isn't always what's best for a program. . Something I think LSU may very well find out in the next couple of years. . Besides.  Jones is far from an outsider at JC. . He may of been gone for a while but he's well versed in the traditions and expectations at JC

In 1990 JC football was in a totally different situation.  limited success and tradition had not yet really been built.  I don't remember much about the staff from 1990 but it likely made sense to look outside the program at the time.... this time it didn't.

dragondad

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 12, 2017, 08:22:50 am
In 1990 JC football was in a totally different situation.  limited success and tradition had not yet really been built.  I don't remember much about the staff from 1990 but it likely made sense to look outside the program at the time.... this time it didn't.

Obviously it did to the men who chose Jones and presented him to the board for approval.

dragondad

Quote from: Oldman on January 12, 2017, 08:21:27 am
I don't know what your political machine was thinking. If the man couldn't win as head coach at Dewitt what makes them think he can win at junction City?

He won more than his predecessor or successor at Dewitt.....and JC isn't Dewitt.

dragondad#1

I was a sophomore when coach carp came to JC ..a totally different situation...there was some problems when he first got there heck 3 of the best players didn't play for him...coach hall, coach Carter was on the staff when coach crump left...I think coach wayman came when coach carp came...

Iknewthemwhen

Most people should realize that winning or losing as a coach in one school does not guarantee winning or losing in another place.  There are a lot of factors that go into winning which may or may not have been or will be present at all schools.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on January 12, 2017, 10:53:36 am
He won more than his predecessor or successor at Dewitt.....and JC isn't Dewitt.
I was being sarcastic. Comparing those 2 are like comparing my favorite college team and Alabama.

Made

Quote from: Oldman on January 12, 2017, 12:51:39 pm
I was being sarcastic. Comparing those 2 are like comparing my favorite college team and Alabama.
are you a TOSU fan......

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Made on January 12, 2017, 01:05:56 pm
are you a TOSU fan......
Noooooooooo, lifelong hog fan. Have learned except for once every 20 years or so to embrace the suck.

thabeast428

lol unfortunately we keep hearing the same excuses every year but still faithful fan

Wilson

Waymon had been at JC for a year when Carpenter was hired

bleudog

January 12, 2017, 03:45:50 pm #586 Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:51:32 pm by bleudog
Here ya go W.  How about this one for an early 70s or so internal head coach hire that would have change the course of human history (or at least a certain cable TV channel)?

Who knows, there might have been a

;D

Wilson

Way to much time away from chasing things in the woods and water to be a head football coach for that fella or the guy second from the left.   Thats why he only was HC for a couple of years.   Cut too much into duck season ;)

bleudog

Well this sounds promising:

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on January 12, 2017, 07:14:24 pm
Way to much time away from chasing things in the woods and water to be a head football coach for that fella or the guy second from the left.   Thats why he only was HC for a couple of years.   Cut too much into duck season ;)

I understood Coach Robertson's stint as a Dragon was brief, but I didn't realize Coach Bolen was head football coach for a time.

Wilson

He was head coach in 75 & 76. .or 76 &77. . Can't remember which 2 years. . Was Union County coach of the year one year. .  .

thabeast428

So Smith applied at Smackover and heard PC was interested in him but he doesn't wanna go there

THA TRUTH

Well that isn't good...especially with the talent they have coming up

thabeast428

Nope, and it came from a coach in smackover

dragondad

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 15, 2017, 02:04:24 pm
So Smith applied at Smackover and heard PC was interested in him but he doesn't wanna go there

That's good,  if he doesn't stay at JC I hope he lands a spot with a great team and district.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 15, 2017, 05:07:31 pm
Nope, and it came from a coach in smackover

I think that would be good. Veryyyyyy good indeed.

THA TRUTH

It would be the best thing to happen to smackover since the oil boom cause let's be honest it's been down hill since then

dragondad

If Smith goes to Smackover,  does that mean we can have Stegall back?  Jones, Hutchison, Stegall, and Thompson....I like it.   :)

JC Guy

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 15, 2017, 02:04:24 pm
PC ain't ready for that. Mamas will be raising the roof!

Pat Swilling

Why would Smith apply at Smackover?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas