• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kirby Smart moves one state east

Started by beach bum, December 01, 2015, 09:33:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Taking the reigns at UGA.... I see them doing about the same with him to be honest. About a 10 win a year team that wins the East every few years.

minerjack

Idk, man.  Nick Saban is pretty hands off when it comes to the defense.  Kirby Smart runs it pretty solid.  And from the looks of it, looks like KS will be gutting the entire Bama staff plus maybe Muschamp from Auburn, too.

AirWarren

minerjack

pioneers

With him leaving how much does that hurt Alabama in playoffs.

minerjack

Not sure.  That's what I'm wondering.  If he will coach until the year is finished or if he will go after the SEC Championship.

AirWarren

OB11

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 02, 2015, 10:49:20 am
Not sure.  That's what I'm wondering.  If he will coach until the year is finished or if he will go after the SEC Championship.
Richt is coaching the bowl game...Smart should stay until Bama is finished you would think...unless he wants to start recruiting early which he should...

Lionheart88

UGA's AD is taking one heck of a gamble, firing one of the best coaches in college football and hiring an unproven assistant.

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 02, 2015, 04:00:07 pm
Richt is coaching the bowl game...Smart should stay until Bama is finished you would think...unless he wants to start recruiting early which he should...

Dead period catches part of it, I guess it will depend on what Georgia wants.

minerjack

But they're saying they aren't making it official until after the SEC Championship.  So, they'll make it official, but Richt is coaching the bowl game.

ricepig

Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 02, 2015, 04:12:48 pm
But they're saying they aren't making it official until after the SEC Championship.  So, they'll make it official, but Richt is coaching the bowl game.

He's gone to Miami.

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/672181083442688001

Lionheart88

Yeah, Richt needs to skip the bowl game.  Needs to get on the recruiting trail for his new school, it'd be a disservice to them to stick around at UGA for another month.

AirWarren

Jacketman65

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2015, 11:13:52 am
Interesting. Kind of a lateral move.
A, if he gets all of these guys to go with him, it is called building a program!  The money will follow.

WPWells

Head coach of Georgia is not a lateral move from being defensive coordinator at Alabama. He's an SEC head coach for Pete's sake

minerjack

C'mon man. Read the thread.  And whoever else was saying it. We were talking about Will Muschamp going from the Auburn Defensive coordinator to being the Georgia Defensive Coordinator. Not KS being Bama DC to Georgia HC.

OB11

Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 03, 2015, 10:31:17 am
C'mon man. Read the thread.  And whoever else was saying it. We were talking about Will Muschamp going from the Auburn Defensive coordinator to being the Georgia Defensive Coordinator. Not KS being Bama DC to Georgia HC.

I apparently missed that.  I thought someone was saying Smart going from DC to HC was a lateral move.

AirWarren

Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 03, 2015, 10:31:17 am

Thank you. My lord.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas