• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-16 NCAA Football Season Thread V2.0

Started by VHSCoach2, October 25, 2015, 09:23:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Legend

That will be a tough game. Im not counting out the Carolina game either because its rivalry and ive seen horrible SC teams beat Clemson

WPWells

J. T. Barrett was arrested for DUI overnight

VHSCoach2

October 31, 2015, 08:28:37 am #52 Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:37:04 am by VHSCoach2
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 31, 2015, 08:10:45 am
J. T. Barrett was arrested for DUI overnight

If Jim Tressell was still the coach at Ohio State, Barrett would probably be suspended from team activities during the bye week this week and play next Saturday.

With Urban Meyer at the helm, Barrett could (hopefully will, and rightfully so) be suspended for the game next weekend at the very least.

Edit: College Gameday just announced that J.T. Barrett has been suspended for "at least" the Minnesota game next week.

Legend

If it was you or me we would be fired from our jobs because wed be in jail for numerous days and be in a lot of trouble. These guys get to "sit out" for a game against Roast Beef State and then carry on. Two weeks from now they will praise him just like they kept on with Winston.

mtindian42

He is a college kid that made a mistake! He will not play against Minnesota! One game is enough!

Longfellow

But he committed a crime. Why is he not being charged with a misdemeanor? Where is my free pass to break the law?

Legend

mtindian we have had simlair ideas about the SEC but here i cant have your back. It is not a mistake when you get impared and get behind the wheel and decide to drive. Its just not. We are too soft on these kids letting them get buy with a lot of stuff and you wonder why they dont ever grow up or learn. If people would start putting their foot down and holding these people accountable for what they are doing it wouldnt be such a problem. We need to take a step back and be like that was wrong you are no longer apart of the team. People ripped Manzel people ripped Winston but if its your school or your team hey one game is enough. No its not until these kids learn they cant be stupid like this.

mtindian42

Legend. He heard all week pepole talk about his arm strength! How he was a weak passer and don't have the strongest arm! Bash him over and over! I don't drink! Nor do I approve of it! I just thank that criticism was to much for jt to Handel! He broke down and made a mental error! We have all been gulty once or twice of being imperfect! He is imperfect as well!

mtindian42

JT is allready trying to over come last year! The broke leg! And get that out of his mind! He still at times in the Rutgers game got scared when guys got around that leg! That is hard to shake! It's in between the ears and there ain't nothing he can do about it!!! Now add this week to that mental hurdle he is allready battling! To much for that young man to handle!

Longfellow

HorseFeathers

So...if he drove his car into a crowd while intoxicated would you still feel same?  I honestly feel any drinking and driving should be automatic jail time..

mtindian42

That would be bad! I'm sure that exact same thing you just said hf! Is being told to him by our great staff! They will get this fixed! I have all the confidence in the world in our leaders! Gene smith and coach Meyer will get this resolved!

VHSCoach2

Clemson only up three on North Carolina State, 16-13.

This after NC State had led two different times today.

Legend

They better pull their head out or there will be no ACC title

pioneers

Where did all the NC state fans go? They are down 6 to the #3 team in the nation and the stand are only 60-70% full.

pioneers

Nice TD catch and run by the local Zac Brooks.

VHSCoach2

Defense was optional today, I see, in the Clemson/NC State game.  :P

VHSCoach2

Memphis is currently losing to Tulane, 13-0.

wildcat_x-mgr

So how many FBS jobs are open now, already? Here are the ones I'm remembering so far:

USC
Minnesota
South Carolina
Miami
Maryland
North Texas

Who did I miss?

mtindian42

ND looks to big for these boys! Pushing them around right now!

Lionheart88

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 31, 2015, 01:34:42 pm
He is a college kid that made a mistake! He will not play against Minnesota! One game is enough!
He's an adult who ought to know better.  If not, maybe he'll learn now.

Lionheart88

Anyone else rooting for Iowa State tonight?  #LOLonghorns

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 31, 2015, 08:44:28 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on October 31, 2015, 01:34:42 pm
He's an adult who ought to know better.  If not, maybe he'll learn now.

Urban Meyer says he would have kicked Jamies Winston off the team for getting the hook up on crab legs, but a player driving drunk is only a 1 game suspension...Go figure right?

pioneers

Memphis turned it on in the 2nd half. I wish the Houston game was in Memphis.

Longfellow

pioneers

Quote from: Longfellow on October 31, 2015, 10:53:13 pm
How about that finish in Miami?
The return or the 9 min review with the refs lol

mtindian42

They was looking to see if there was a block in the back on the return. I didn't thank you could review penalties?

Legend

Clemson is got to be ready for FSU. The score was 47-27 at one point but ended up being closer. Big week in Clemson, SC! BYOG!

Legend

That ending to the Miami game was crazy but I have to ask. I thought that you couldnt come onto the field of play without your helmet on. I understand the circumstances but the player was barely in the endzone and you see a helmet off and player in the endzone. Should there have been a penalty?

mtindian42

cbs just reported that the td should not have counted! Duke got robbed!!!

fastdrop

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 01, 2015, 07:33:12 am
cbs just reported that the td should not have counted! Duke got robbed!!!
I watched the re play - Granted the knee was down by slow motion re play but come on Duke should of never let them score off of that play. Looked to me like Duke just gave up.

fastdrop

November 01, 2015, 07:38:41 am #81 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:42:45 am by fastdrop
Quote from: pioneers on October 31, 2015, 09:41:30 pm
Memphis turned it on in the 2nd half. I wish the Houston game was in Memphis.
Houston spanked Vandy. Temple hung in there with ND. Memphis has a hard road in front of them. Wouldn't shock me if we lost both on the road to Houston and Temple. Yes, I would be ecstatic if we won out. I will be pleased with this team either way.

mtindian42

Yall could win  both fastdrop! And, you could lose both! If yall play like you did against ole miss you win both games!

VHSCoach2

List of Bowl Eligible Teams After Week 9

American Athletic Conference:
Temple, Houston, Memphis, Navy

Atlantic Coast Conference:
Clemson, Florida State, Pittsburgh, Duke, North Carolina

Big 12 Conference:
Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma

Big Ten Conference:
Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan

Conference USA:
Marshall, Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Southern Mississippi

FBS Independents:
Notre Dame, Brigham Young

Mid-American Conference:
Bowling Green, Toledo

Mountain West Conference:
Boise State, San Diego State

Pacific-12 Conference:
Stanford, Utah, UCLA

Southeastern Conference:
Florida, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Texas A&M

Sun Belt Conference:
Appalachian State, Georgia Southern

fastdrop

Wow

Only one team from the SEC east is bowl eligible.....

VHSCoach2

Virginia Tech head coach Frank Beamer has informed his coaching staff and players that he will be retiring at the end of the season.

mtindian42

He was a good coach in imo! If bud foster takes over watch out for VT

VHSCoach2

November 01, 2015, 12:56:21 pm #87 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:40:38 pm by VHSCoach2
Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on October 31, 2015, 07:17:46 pm
So how many FBS jobs are open now, already? Here are the ones I'm remembering so far:

USC
Minnesota
South Carolina
Miami
Maryland
North Texas

Who did I miss?

Illinois, Central Florida, Virginia Tech, and Hawaii.

Legend

HorseFeathers

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 01, 2015, 12:56:21 pm

USC
Minnesota
South Carolina
Miami
Maryland
North Texas

Who did I miss?

Beamer is out at va tech?

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 01, 2015, 05:14:40 pm
He's retiring
Just seen that...also noticed they are 4-5...with the idiots I work with, I've grown numb to football news above the high school level....

Longfellow

USC
Minnesota
South Carolina
Miami
Maryland
North Texas

Who did I miss?

What happened with O'Leary at Central Florida?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Longfellow on November 01, 2015, 05:40:45 pm

USC
Minnesota
South Carolina
Miami
Maryland
North Texas

Who did I miss?

What happened with O'Leary at Central Florida?

He resigned earlier in the week. Team is 0-9 this season and going nowhere, so he stepped down as AD and head coach.

Longfellow

Wow, I really liked O'Leary. He was a heck of a coach

Lionheart88

Isn't Hawai'i dropping football?  Not a lot of point listing the job as open if the job's going away.

As regards the UCF job, I've heard Houston Nutt's name mentioned as a possible successor.

Legend

Beamer unlike spurrier is sticking out the season!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 01, 2015, 08:53:02 pm
Isn't Hawai'i dropping football?  Not a lot of point listing the job as open if the job's going away.

As regards the UCF job, I've heard Houston Nutt's name mentioned as a possible successor.

Hawaii hasn't made if official on dropping the program or not

Legend

Longfellow

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas