• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A 1st Round

Started by KingOfNothing, October 21, 2015, 07:20:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KingOfNothing

Below I will post all of the 1st round games for the 6A State Tournament. I will also state my predictions. I would love for others to get involved and give their input/opinions.

Lake Hamilton (South 3 seed) vs. Jonesboro ( East 3 seed) - Jonesboro in 3.

Mountain Home (East 2 seed) vs. El Dorado (South 5 seed) - Mountain Home in 3.

Texarkana (South 4 seed) vs. Siloam Springs (Central 3 seed) - Siloam Springs in 4.

Russellville (Central 2 seed) vs. Parkview (South 6 seed) - Russellville in 3.

TBone70

Wish they had "Team Pages" like they do on the football teams, so you can check out history, stats and etc. So I can give some input. But all I can do is support Mtn Home right now and hope they do good.

KingOfNothing

You can go to MaxPreps.com.

All of the Arkansas teams have to post scores there, and many of them post stats as well. This may help you get some information on many of the teams.

Marionvolleyballdad

KingOfNothing your first round picks for 6A are exactly as mine.  The second round next Tuesday will begin to see some good matchups.

TBone70

Quote from: KingOfNothing on October 21, 2015, 07:29:44 pm
You can go to MaxPreps.com.

All of the Arkansas teams have to post scores there, and many of them post stats as well. This may help you get some information on many of the teams.
yeah, been on it, but have to get off this page and go into another site. Thanks though.

Valleysports

How did Marion do this year - make it to the playoffs?

KingOfNothing

Quote from: Valleysports on October 22, 2015, 03:49:50 am

Well, many people are predicting that they will win it all, so I'd say they're doing pretty well. They have a pretty tough road ahead for them, though. They will meet up with Russellville or Benton in the semis, and then have to play Greenwood (my prediction) in the finals. I think they could win it all, but I also think they could be put out as early as the semis by a good Russellville team. Should be interesting to watch.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: KingOfNothing on October 22, 2015, 09:16:32 am
Quote from: Valleysports on October 22, 2015, 03:49:50 am

Well, many people are predicting that they will win it all, so I'd say they're doing pretty well. They have a pretty tough road ahead for them, though. They will meet up with Russellville or Benton in the semis, and then have to play Greenwood (my prediction) in the finals. I think they could win it all, but I also think they could be put out as early as the semis by a good Russellville team. Should be interesting to watch.
Russellville flipped a switch half way through the season. They're playing very good now. Peaking at the right time.

Marionvolleyballdad

I believe the final 4 for 6A will be:

Greenwood
Mountain Home

Marion
Russellville

Should be a good tournament

TBone70

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on October 22, 2015, 03:16:33 pm

Greenwood
Mountain Home

Marion
Russellville

Same thought Here.

Valleysports

Marion came out of no where - don't hear much of anything, all season, then all of a sudden they're going to be state champs........

Marionvolleyballdad

Valley, not sure about going to be state champs but they started out the season at 3-2 and from there they have gone 26-2.  They lost their first 2 conference games of the season and then won the remaining 12 including wins over the teams with the 2 losses.  I will say they are playing very well and if they continue to play well they have a very good chance of making it to the title game in Hot Springs.  The main thing now is taking it one game at a time and not over look anyone.

Valleysports

Well good grief I sure we wish someone would have reported this before now.   ::)

KingOfNothing

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on October 21, 2015, 07:33:11 pm
KingOfNothing your first round picks for 6A are exactly as mine.  The second round next Tuesday will begin to see some good matchups.

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on October 22, 2015, 03:16:33 pm

Greenwood
Mountain Home

Marion
Russellville

Definitely, I agree! This Final Four should be a really exciting one. I think Greenwood will beat Mt. Home fairly easily (in 4), but Marion vs. Russellville should be a GREAT match. And that's only to get to Saturday! There are some very good volleyball teams in 6A this year!

TBone70

Well, thoughts of the 1st round?

AllStarSportsFan

October 27, 2015, 11:05:27 pm #15 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:09:26 pm by AllStarSportsFan
Quote from: TBone70 on October 27, 2015, 08:10:15 pm

Other than the South going 0-3, no.

Oops, 0-4.  Good thing they got 2 first round byes I guess.

TBone70

Quote from: AllStarSportsFan on October 27, 2015, 11:05:27 pm
Quote from: TBone70 on October 27, 2015, 08:10:15 pm

Other than the South going 0-3, no.

Oops, 0-4.  Good thing they got 2 first round byes I guess.
That's a good one.

unfaceable

Round 2 picks:

Greenwood over Jonesboro in 3.

Mtn. Home over Sheridan in 3.

Marion over Siloam Springs in 3.

Russellville over Benton in 3.

TBone70

Quote from: unfaceable on October 28, 2015, 11:04:41 am
Round 2 picks:

Greenwood over Jonesboro in 3.

Mtn. Home over Sheridan in 3.