• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 17, 2017, 11:23:57 am
I may not like Chelsea, nor you Arsenal, but at least we have a mutual disdain for Manchester United  :)

That is correct.

beach bum

Harry Kane just most likely stole the golden boot from Lukaku as Tottenham thrash Leicester City at King Power 6-1 by pouring in 4 goals himself. Chelsea may even add another piece or two and Tottenham will be even better if they retain all their top players. Next year could set up for something special between the two clubs.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

We need a win and a Liverpool loss or draw to finish 4th.

Liverpool is playing Middlesbrough. With their reputation this season, I think we're good  8)

1-Adam-12

Two years ago it would have been hard to imagine this happening.  But if Bournemouth win or draw against LC on Sunday, the Cherries will secure a Top 10 finish.  And they could go as high as 8th if they win and Southampton and West Brom both lose.

Their manager has done an incredible job.

1-Adam-12

The Most Lucrative Soccer Match is set for May 29.

Reading will play Huddersfield Town at Wembley for the right to play in the Premier League next season.  At stake is not only increased visibility, but a $221 million payday from television rights alone.

Reading has had their chances in the past so I would kind of like to see more new blood infused in the Prem.

COME ON YOU TERRIERS!

VHSCoach2

Bradford City 0-1 Millwall

Millwall earns promotion into the Championship.

beach bum

Liverpool better start scoring cause Arsenal and Man City are already pouring in multiple goals..... And who got sent off for Arsenal?

1-Adam-12

Koscielny.

Liverpool have three in the last 10 minutes though.

Pretty disappointed that Everton appear to have mailed it in.  That's why I'm watching Leicester and Bournemouth right now.  That one is currently a very entertaining 1-1 match.

Of course just as I say that, Everton score!

1-Adam-12

Some scorelines today!

Liverpool 3-0 Boro
Arsenal 3-1 Everton
Chelsea 5-1 Sunderland
Watford 0-5 Man City
Hull 1-7 (seven!) Spurs (Kane with ANOTHER hat trick!)
Swansea 2-1 West Brom
Burnley 1-2 West Ham
Man Utd 2-0 Palace
Leicester 1-1 Bournemouth
Southampton 0-1 Stoke

Liverpool are Champions League bound, and Arsenal and Chelsea have a FA Cup final to contest.

Bournemouth finish 9th.  What a marvelous achievement for them.

AirWarren

Way to go blues.

Now time to take that FA cup!

VHSCoach2

Quote from: AirWarren on May 21, 2017, 12:10:25 pm
Way to go blues.

Now time to take that FA cup!

Our 19 year run in the Champions League ended today. Let us have something nice, won't ya?

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 21, 2017, 03:12:33 pm
Our 19 year run in the Champions League ended today. Let us have something nice, won't ya?

Too greedy to allow those haha

beach bum

If Arsenal keeps most of its roster or improves they will run riot through the Europa League next year....

beach bum

Anyone catching any of the U-20 World Cup at all being played in South Korea? The USA has a pretty big one against Senegal. If they can win that they might be able to win the group because Saudi Arabia is the last match in our group and they are very beatable.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on May 24, 2017, 03:43:11 pm
Man united beats Ajax 2-0.

Back in the champions league. Sigh.

5 EPL teams in the Champions League will be awesome next year. I think Antoine Griezmann comes over to Man U now too since he can play Champions League there now.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

AirWarren

Arsenal came out swinging and beat Chelsea all up and down the field.

VHSCoach2

Huddersfield Town 0(4)-0(3) Reading, final KFTM

The Terriers come back from a 3-1 deficit in kicks from the mark to earn promotion into the Premier League. Huddersfield joins the top flight for the first time since 1972.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 29, 2017, 11:53:50 am
Huddersfield Town 0(4)-0(3) Reading, final KFTM

The Terriers come back from a 3-1 deficit in kicks from the mark to earn promotion into the Premier League. Huddersfield joins the top flight for the first time since 1972.

Ahh, Huddersfield!

Another great story about perhaps a less talented team overachieving, much like Bournemouth did in 2015. 

Here's hoping that the Terriers will meet with the same type of success that the Cherries have had.

Whether or not that happens, good to see another new team joining the ranks of the Premier League.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on May 31, 2017, 05:34:20 pm
Ahh, Huddersfield!

Another great story about perhaps a less talented team overachieving, much like Bournemouth did in 2015. 

Here's hoping that the Terriers will meet with the same type of success that the Cherries have had.

Whether or not that happens, good to see another new team joining the ranks of the Premier League.

Huddersfield, Bournemouth, and Brighton all in the Premier League at the same time. What a time to be alive.

Go Postal

Watching U20 World Cup. England reminds me a lot of Harrison in early 2000s.  Great set ups of attacking at the goal.  Costa Rica's keeper is doing a fabulous job stopping England's shots.  UK 1-0 at half.

Go Postal

UK 2-1 CRC final.  Very exciting last 10 minutes plus 4 minutes stoppage time from Costa Rica.  Their Keeper was fantastic stopping most of the many goal attempts by UK.

Go Postal

Watching Mexico vs Ireland on the Unimas channel because the commentators are so exciting. ;D

1-Adam-12

I'll be very honest: I had heard of exactly two of the players for Huddersfield before they won the play-off final. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Go Postal on June 01, 2017, 07:43:22 pm
Watching Mexico vs Ireland on the Unimas channel because the commentators are so exciting. ;D

Welcome to the board postal.

Mexico....my other team :D

VHSCoach2

USMNT vs. Venezuela tonight at 9 PM on Fox Sports 1.

After that, U-20 MNT vs. Venezuela at 1 AM on Fox Sports 2.

1-Adam-12

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL:

Juventus 1-1 Real Madrid.  Cristiano Ronaldo for RM, a spectacular Mario Mandzukic goal for Juve.

45 minutes to decide it!

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

WPWells

AirWarren

Quote from: WPWells on June 03, 2017, 07:22:14 pm
Who's going to try to watch the U20 match tonight?

I'm gearing up for that USA VS MEXICO AT Estadio azteca next weekend.

AirWarren

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on June 03, 2017, 07:01:10 pm
I think he spent more time flopping than running...

Flopping and running his mouth. This when he hits the ground he cries.

AirWarren

I see the USA team has rainbow colored numbers on their jersey's.

My Lord. Keep political opinions etc off of sports jerseys.

We are such a sensitive society that we have to label ourselves as "tolerant" just to prevent any kind of backlash.

AirWarren

Longfellow

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on June 03, 2017, 10:33:43 pm
Pulisic with the equalizer!! I love this guy!

We need about 10 Pulisic's on this team. He is a kid that can play at the highest level of soccer around the world.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: AirWarren on June 03, 2017, 11:06:52 pm
We need about 10 Pulisic's on this team. He is a kid that can play at the highest level of soccer around the world.

He does just that.  His club is no less than Borussia Dortmund.

AirWarren

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on June 04, 2017, 10:09:00 am
He does just that.  His club is no less than Borussia Dortmund.

I look for some EPL or La Liga team to make a move on him.

1-Adam-12

Just noted the passing of former Newcastle man Cheick Tiote at age 30.  He only scored one goal for the Magpies, but what a goal it was.

It was a volleyed wonderstrike that completed Newcastle's comeback from 0-4 down to get a draw with Arsenal in 2011.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on June 05, 2017, 06:55:14 pm
Just noted the passing of former Newcastle man Cheick Tiote at age 30.  He only scored one goal for the Magpies, but what a goal it was.

It was a volleyed wonderstrike that completed Newcastle's comeback from 0-4 down to get a draw with Arsenal in 2011.

As an Arsenal fan, I couldn't believe the blown lead.  As a soccer fan, I sat it awe at the magnificent strike that Tiote put on that ball.  I still remember it to this day.  For those that haven't seen it, here is a video of it:

1-Adam-12

The next year, during a League Cup quarterfinal, Arsenal found themselves 0-4 down against Reading in the first half.

Arsenal pulled off their own fightback.

Final:  Reading 5, Arsenal 7 (extra time). 

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

As much as I hate it it is now obvious that Big Rom will move on.

But, Everton should and I think will demand a record fee for his services.

VHSCoach2

The US women play Sweden today at 12:30 on ESPN 2 and the men play Trinidad and Tabago tonight at 7:50 on Fox Sports 1.

beach bum

Zlatan is out at Man U and Costa is gone from Chelsea.... This means Chelsea obviously has a plan of either Lukaku or James Rodriguez to come in.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas