• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Yep. I'm 32. If you kicked a soccer ball around Warren, you would be called a communist or get assaulted haha.

My daughter isn't into gymnastics and cheer. She won't play soccer.

beach bum

Now today its crazy cause its expected that Warren is going to field a good to really good team in soccer... I think PG in time has the community dynamic to have some good teams that will come through eventually. The likes of Dardanelle and Dequeen are going to be hard to overtake their consistency on a yearly basis in the 4A and 5A ranks.

beach bum

Man City rips Liverpool apart 5-0 when Mane went out on a red card early..... And Stoke City and Man U just played a great 2-2 draw on NBC. The two Manchester clubs sit at 10 points now up top.

AirWarren

Champions league action began for Chelsea.

Chelsea rips Qarabag to pieces 6-0

Scoring for Chelsea was Pedro, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Azpilicueta and newcomer Davide Zappacosta.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2017, 05:37:39 am
Champions league action began for Chelsea.

Chelsea rips Qarabag to pieces 6-0

Scoring for Chelsea was Pedro, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Azpilicueta and newcomer Davide Zappacosta.

That one goal was unreal and was #1 on the sports center top 10

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

Manchester City looks terrifying lately.... 5-0 the week before and 6-0 this week.

AirWarren

Longfellow

Bournemouth finally got into the win column!! Makes us 1-4 on the year

beach bum

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on September 17, 2017, 09:54:50 am
Bournemouth finally got into the win column!! Makes us 1-4 on the year

I watched that from start to finish Friday.... Brighton had all they momentum and could have scored a few in the period they got their goal. Soccer is such a funny game cause immediately Bournemouth storms all the momentum back away and scores 2 quick goals. It was like a light switch game on when they needed a goal and they started attacking and looking amazing.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on September 17, 2017, 10:02:15 am
I watched that from start to finish Friday.... Brighton had all they momentum and could have scored a few in the period they got their goal. Soccer is such a funny game cause immediately Bournemouth storms all the momentum back away and scores 2 quick goals. It was like a light switch game on when they needed a goal and they started attacking and looking amazing.
Hopefully this will get everything rolling. It was definitely good to see Defoe finally get something going

AirWarren

Chelsea dismantled Nottingham Forest 5-1.

Kenedy (13' minutes), Batshuayi (19' minutes, 53' minutes, 86' minutes), Musonda (40') hit the net.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 20, 2017, 04:49:45 pm
Chelsea dismantled Nottingham Forest 5-1.

Kenedy (13' minutes), Batshuayi (19' minutes, 53' minutes, 86' minutes), Musonda (40') hit the net.

I was mainly watching that one and bouncing back and forth on the ESPN app of the other games.... Plenty of goals today.

beach bum

Who would have thought that MLS would work in the south so well. Atlanta United has had some amazing crowds and the last 4 matches they have played in the new Mercedes Benz Stadium which they will play in moving forward. They broke the MLS attendance record on Saturday and are blasting LA Galaxy 4-0 at half right now. They have at least 3 goals in all their matches in the new stadium including 7 goals against New England. They have a few young Latin players including two from Paraguay and Venezuela that you can tell are hungry to earn European contracts. Those two guys are fun to watch. They look fast and hungry on that turf they play on. Those are the players I want to see in the MLS and not constant hand me downs from Europe. They are more than doubling the attendance of the Braves right now this season cause the Braves stink so bad..... It's like 45K-50K average for the soccer matches and 19K for Braves games in ATL. Obviously the sheer number of baseball games makes it a little different but that is pretty neat down there.

beach bum

Sporting Kansas City is about to win the US Open Cup over the New York Red Bulls which is our version of the FA Cup. FC Cincinnati was the surprise of the tournament as a USL side making it all the way to the semifinals before losing to the Red Bulls. I am pumped now cause I have tickets to the next Sporting KC game on the weekend.

Longfellow

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on September 21, 2017, 08:40:26 am
Diego Costa to Atletico Madrid

They need a goal scorer like that bad.... They may do some damage now cause they are always one of the best defensively in the world.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on September 21, 2017, 09:50:38 am
They need a goal scorer like that bad.... They may do some damage now cause they are always one of the best defensively in the world.
I have a buddy who cheers for Atletico Madrid because he hates Ronaldo. I sent him the update I got from Bleacher Report and I think he's gonna jump through the roof

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on September 21, 2017, 10:15:00 am
I have a buddy who cheers for Atletico Madrid because he hates Ronaldo. I sent him the update I got from Bleacher Report and I think he's gonna jump through the roof

Bye Diego,

We hardly knew, ye.....

beach bum

In La Liga I root for Atletico too cause they have such less financially, but still compete with Real Madrid and Barcelona..... It's going to be crazy when Costa goes back to Chelsea in the Champions League in a couple months. Chelsea and Atletico play this week in Madrid though. I imagine it will take him a month to get back into game shape.

beach bum

The top 3 took care of business.... Both Manchester clubs and Chelsea with 3 points today.

AirWarren

beach bum

Dortmund vs Real Madrid right now on Fox Sports 1.... Dortmund has to be on the short list of best atmospheres in the sports world when they play a big match there.

Longfellow

AirWarren

Chelsea takes care of atletico Madrid today 2-1.

Champions seem to be picking up speed.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 30, 2017, 08:31:35 pm
Chelsea gets beat 1-0 by Man city.

GAG.

It will be interesting to see if Aguero out 2 months has Man City drop a few points they may have not with him. Man City has some amazing passing going on across the board on that team. I still think it's Man U, Man City, and Chelsea above the rest and all capable of winning as more games pile up in the fixture list. Depth and fitness will come into play then.

AirWarren

beach bum

Did you see Morata is out for anywhere between 4-8 weeks at Chelsea with a hamstring issue? Luckily there is the international break coming up to give him 2 weeks of that off. Looks like somewhere between 3 and 7 matches he may miss at Chelsea then.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on October 03, 2017, 12:50:51 pm
Did you see Morata is out for anywhere between 4-8 weeks at Chelsea with a hamstring issue? Luckily there is the international break coming up to give him 2 weeks of that off. Looks like somewhere between 3 and 7 matches he may miss at Chelsea then.

I did. Im thinking that there is going to be some major stepping up to do with hazard still trying to Get back to full strength and no costa.

beach bum

Soccer may not have those brutal injuries that American football has, but I don't think the non soccer fan has a clue the level of fitness these guys need to play at the highest level and the constant nagging 4-8 week type injuries that soccer has from trying to log all those miles at the highest level there is. The body just breaks down and says I need a break.

beach bum

By Tuesday we will know most of the field of 32 for the World Cup.... England and Germany added their names to list today of 10 now that have qualified. I could see some more from CONMEBOL punching their ticket tonight like Uruguay and Colombia to already go along with Brazil. There will be plenty of UEFA playoffs and a couple others in November to add to final spots before they draw in 2 months.

VHSCoach2

As of yesterday, Messi and Argentina are on the outside looking in for World Cup qualification with one match to go.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 06, 2017, 07:08:29 am
As of yesterday, Messi and Argentina are on the outside looking in for World Cup qualification with one match to go.

Absolutely unbelievable.... That Paraguay finish where they scored 2 goals in in the final 5 minutes has kept 6 nations alive for 4 CONMEBOL spots outside of Brazil clinched. The commentators were talking about how they could not believe only one nation had clinched 17 out of 18 qualifying matches in.

WPWells

Longfellow

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

beach bum

Little Iceland of a population of about 330K has just qualified for the World Cup. I'd love to see USA some how get put in the same group as them....

VHSCoach2

Messi nets a hat trick and Argentina is IN the World Cup.

Updated list of nations:
Russia, Brazil, Iran, Japan, Mexico, Belgium, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Germany, England, Spain, Nigeria, Costa Rica, Poland, Egypt, Iceland, Serbia, Portugal, France, Uruguay, Argentina, Colombia

beach bum

If Honduras holds on and Panama scores another goal the USA might be watching a World Cup with us absent....

WPWells

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on October 10, 2017, 08:49:26 pm
USA is gonna lose to Trinidad and not go to Russia

Absolutely embarrassing.... T&T had nothing to play for and we looked awful.

beach bum

My two cents for what its worth......

-Altidore is pathetic on any other countries soil. He looks pathetic anytime we play an away match.

-Why is Geoff Cameron not playing at center back? He has been a staple at gritty Stoke City and is better than Omar Gonzalez and Gonzalez played awful the entire match and got that own goal

-stop relying on Bradley to possess the ball so much in the midfield.... it gets old and we look so stagnant when this is going on

VHSCoach2

Absolutely embarrassing.

I beg that they use all of this time before 2022 to right the ship and get something done. Nothing to do but move forward and build for Qatar.

War Eagle

Clean house. US men's soccer has been an embarrassment for too long and people like Sunil Gulati are not progressing the program. Wanna know why the US isn't successful? It all begins with incompetence starting at the top.  CONCACAF is an absolute joke, yet we struggle mightily every year. Im done with the USMNT until major changes are made.

AirWarren

I have no words. All if you have said what needs to be said.

Embarrassing.

This is the USA. I DONT WANT TO HEAR WE DONT HAVE THE RESOURCES to compete with the world. We can do anything everybody else can do.

Just DISGUSTING.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas