• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR Bolding Thread

Started by Wildcats4Life, January 28, 2015, 05:04:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcats4Life

January 28, 2015, 05:04:37 pm Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:19:30 pm by B.G.
I just read the article. He is one of 5 new applicants.

Wildcats4Life

No coach bashing !

So who do we look for if he gets it ? With new facilities & stadium the timeing is right to get a quality hire.

Baitshop

Wildcats4Life

transplant

Quote from: Baitshop on January 28, 2015, 05:30:59 pm
Did he quit/get fired at NLR..??
Might just be looking to eliminate his teaching load and increase discretionary income.

Baitshop

Wow....wonder why he wouldn't apply at Bennie....??

Wouldn't that be a turn of events...you complain that you don't have their advantages and then you go to work for them...

Wildcats4Life

While I appreciate everything being said please don't say anything the Great and all Powerful Lanny wouldn't like.

Wildcats4Life

DePriest has been mentioned at Nashville. What about here ?

Reed from Eldorado ?

Fimple from Bentonville ?

Old Timer Sr

Wildcats4Life

Quote from: Old Timer Sr on January 28, 2015, 06:01:55 pm
Nashville, AR?   Can't be accurate!
Oh it's fact.

With everything that's going on he may want be looking for the escape hatch.

WPWells

You said one of five new applicants. Who are the other four? Just curious

WPWells

CathywithaC

UncleRico

westisgood

Clearly, something has happened that would lead to him leaving NLR, but it must not be bad enough that Nashville would have to immediately eliminate him from consideration.

Razorback Red

Trey Schaap (@trey1037TheBuzz) just tweeted that Brad Bolding is one of 2 finalists for the Nashville job.  Pretty good source there.  WOW!

~WPS~

Bolding seems to have too much baggage.  I'm surprised he would be considered and in final 2 because of that.  I'm hoping for Henderson's OC Volarvich. 

Runfastturnleft

Brian G

Baitshop

Razorback Red

Agreed.  I have no dog in this fight, but I can't imagine willingly leaving one of the top 3 jobs in the state for a lower classification.  The whole thing is weird. 

Brian G

Hang tight.  Rumors for the reasons are off limits right now on the board.

Just wait for it all. 

~WPS~

Whether anyone on the high and mighty 7A board wants to admit it or not, Nashville is one of the best jobs and programs in the state. Support, money, facilities, success.

Brian G

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on January 28, 2015, 09:41:25 pm
Whether anyone on the high and mighty 7A board wants to admit it or not, Nashville is one of the best jobs and programs in the state. Support, money, facilities, success.
Easy Elvis.  No one is dissing NV here.

But them hiring HIM is the issue. 

Baitshop

Yeah, but will their Jr. Highs run the same offense as the high school..??

Razorback Red

Quote from: Baitshop on January 28, 2015, 09:44:21 pm

Yeah, but will their Jr. Highs run the same offense as the high school..??

You had to go there, Bait. 

I don't think anyone thinks Nashville is a bad job.  Lots of tradition and the other items you mention above.  Still doesn't compare to elite 6A or 7A programs. 

~WPS~

Quote from: B.G. on January 28, 2015, 09:44:09 pm
Easy Elvis.  No one is dissing NV here.

But them hiring HIM is the issue.
Just making a point. I don't think Nashville will hire him. Volarvich seems to be the favorite, which I am all for.

~WPS~

HorseFeathers

....You just had a coach with 3 rings at Nashville leave for mighty Russellville...

~WPS~

Quote from: HF on January 28, 2015, 09:54:01 pm

....You just had a coach with 3 rings at Nashville leave for mighty Russellville...
It's more about "what have you done for me lately?"

Razorback Red

CathywithaC

Quote from: Razorback Red on January 28, 2015, 09:59:28 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on January 28, 2015, 09:52:35 pm
What is Bolding's salary at NLR?

I have no idea, but my guess would be somewhere around $95k-$105K
i think your guess is REAL high.  NLR ain't in NWA!!

Maclin on your girl

Maybe VB can get him.

Baitshop

Ehh....I'm thinking that there is no way a school in Pulaski County is paying a coach anywhere north of $80k....unless, of course, there was a "Foundation" like the good folks from Greenwood have...

Razorback Red

Baitshop

Razorback Red

Quote from: Baitshop on January 28, 2015, 10:11:55 pm
Barry Lunney to NLR..??..??

I had that same crazy thought.  He could for sure win a title there and the Jr High's would run his system and he would have total control. 

Just don't think he would leave NWA at this point in his career.  Grandkids are important to him.

Brian G

The timing of both jobs potentially being opened at the same time might set off a domino effect.

Razorback Red

Quote from: B.G. on January 28, 2015, 10:17:40 pm
The timing of both jobs potentially being opened at the same time might set off a domino effect.

No question.  I'm guessing many of the top 6A schools are dreading what could happen. 

~WPS~

Quote from: Baitshop on January 28, 2015, 10:08:35 pm

Ehh....I'm thinking that there is no way a school in Pulaski County is paying a coach anywhere north of $80k....unless, of course, there was a "Foundation" like the good folks from Greenwood have...
If that's the case he would get a pay raise if he got the Nashville job.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on January 28, 2015, 10:18:34 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on January 28, 2015, 10:08:35 pm

If that's the case he would get a pay raise if he got the Nashville job.

Very impressive that Nashville pays that well.  Sign of a solid program. 

NLR4Eva

Baitshop

bbishop

As of 9/2014 base salary was 79,393.13.  Thank you Dem-Gaz and their millions of FOIA request for salaries. (When I worked for the state we saw at least 1 a month)

Wildcats4Life

Quote from: B.G. on January 28, 2015, 10:17:40 pm

Very good point.

Wildcats4Life

As to Lunney coming to NLR I would love it and I have no doubt he would start putting state championships in the trophy case. I think he would consider coming to if he did not have to teach. With the mandated budget cuts that won't happen. The district will be cutting jobs & not adding. That's why so many saw Boldings face book post as insensitive. A lot of good names out there though. I have brought DePriest's name up before & I think he could do a good job. There is one man who I would choose over any applicant if he applied. I won't mention it though unless Bolding resigns.

STUNNA

If Bo Hembree was to leave Warren I think it would be for a school like NLR... I hope that's not the case though...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas