Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Thursday, November 23rd, 2017.
Week 10 Review
Week 9 Review
Week 8 Review
Week 7 Review
Week 6 Review
Week 5 Review

Author Topic: fearless friday news  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Coachbanks12

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
fearless friday news
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:34:35 pm »
Question why don't the news show fearless friday during basketball season like they do football season? Just wandering I mean no disrespect at all

Offline Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian

• Specialized Moderator
  • All Star
  • Shiloh Christian OC
    • Arkansas 7 on 7 Football
Re: fearless friday news
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 09:13:05 am »
In Arkansas, the biggest audience for the 10:00 news during the whole year is on Friday nights during football season. Every local channel is trying to capture the biggest audience during that time slot, so there is a huge amount of effort to have the best coverage of high school football. 

Although I've never seen the numbers, I would guess high school basketball doesn't have close to the same number of viewers, so the demand to bring all those highlights aren't as great.

Offline CincyGuyintheFort

• Bench Warmer
  • GO BIG BLUE! #BBN #UK @CincyDen
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 11:47:41 am »
Its not going to be as large of a demand as in football. But I have zero doubt there's still demand enough to warrant some type of tv show or coverage dedicated to HS hoops . I mean especially in a state like this where there are no pro teams, all there is , is U of A. So after Hog sports,  HS sports are the most popular in the state.
And I hate saying this cuz Arkansas is my home now. But over there in Oklahoma, they got a couple tv shows on the weekends, an entire website and magazine devoted to high school hoops/sports . So there's zero reason that can't happen in Ark too

Online ricepig

• Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 11:55:39 am »
Its not going to be as large of a demand as in football. But I have zero doubt there's still demand enough to warrant some type of tv show or coverage dedicated to HS hoops . I mean especially in a state like this where there are no pro teams, all there is , is U of A. So after Hog sports,  HS sports are the most popular in the state.
And I hate saying this cuz Arkansas is my home now. But over there in Oklahoma, they got a couple tv shows on the weekends, an entire website and magazine devoted to high school hoops/sports . So there's zero reason that can't happen in Ark too

Nothing's stopping you from going out and getting your own sponsors for a show, is there? In Jonesboro, they do a basketball show like their football show, on Friday nights. The same sponsor for the football show sponsors the basketball one, It starts at 10:15 and runs until 10:35.

Offline Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian

• Specialized Moderator
  • All Star
  • Shiloh Christian OC
    • Arkansas 7 on 7 Football
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 03:22:28 pm »
If there was a demand, I believe it would have already been done.  These news stations do research to figure out how to attract viewers and probably know much more about it than any of us.

Offline itsslim

• 2nd String
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 07:27:14 pm »
Great post cincyguy.  We have to start somewhere. Www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/pine-bluff-high-school-pine-bluff-ar.   All sports are streamed live. They have a great thing going about giving more exposure to high school sports.

Offline Lionheart88

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 12:41:23 pm »
I think you're underestimating the draw, especially locally, of colleges outside of Fayetteville.

Offline Lanny

• Mr. Nice Guy
  • Fearless Friday Administrator
  • All Star
  • The1
    • hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 10:17:55 am »
You will see basketball discussed during the state tournament

Offline businesstron

• Starter
  • Your number 1 high school board. Fearless Fridays!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 03:24:36 pm »
There used to be a basketball preview that came out every year.    That hasn't come out for a few years though.  I miss stuff like that.  It helped me get a grip on what teams in the southern part of the state were stacking up for the coming year.  It's kind of the same situation for Missouri.  That is supposed to be a basket ball state but they have next to nothing as far as high school basketball publications go......neither does Illinois and I've always considered them to mecca of high school basketball. 

Indiana does though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas