• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas/Southern Miss 2013

Started by Indiana Jones, June 17, 2012, 08:32:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Indiana Jones

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Indiana Jones on June 17, 2012, 08:32:39 am
http://arkansasnews.com/?s=southern+miss&x=0&y=0
Nice to see we'll play Mississippi's best team

Why not?  We already own the other two.

It shouldn't be a requirement to have to play at Oxford and Starkville.  If they weren't in the SEC, they wouldn't have the clout to get a home game.

sevenof400

It is a step in the right direction....

Mulerider

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 17, 2012, 10:38:18 am
Quote from: Indiana Jones on June 17, 2012, 08:32:39 am
http://arkansasnews.com/?s=southern+miss&x=0&y=0
Nice to see we'll play Mississippi's best team

Why not?  We already own the other two.

It shouldn't be a requirement to have to play at Oxford and Starkville.  If they weren't in the SEC, they wouldn't have the clout to get a home game.

Anytime you say something like this, step back, take a breath and remember that you are a Hog fan.  I know you have had two straight 10 wins seasons and are feeling good with your chest pumped out but win ANYTHING on the gridiron that matters before you speak.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Mulerider on June 17, 2012, 03:42:44 pm

Anytime you say something like this, step back, take a breath and remember that you are a Hog fan.  I know you have had two straight 10 wins seasons and are feeling good with your chest pumped out but win ANYTHING on the gridiron that matters before you speak.

Finna go full retard on us again?  Please do.

Peety

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 18, 2012, 07:51:03 am

Is that all you can come up with? He has a point. You haven't done anything Ole Miss hasn't done. 

zebradynasty

No Mulerider, which sounds like an obscenity, doesn't have a point. When Arkansas first came into the SEC we were behind Ole Miss and Miss State. Now that's not the case when either of those schools manage a win a game against us it's an upset. That has mostly been the case BEFORE we won 10 games back to back.

The only issue I have playing Southen Miss is that it would have been nice to play game that would help us recruiting wise since we were gonna play a team in our region.

Hoghead

Quote from: Peety on June 18, 2012, 08:02:38 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 18, 2012, 07:51:03 am

Is that all you can come up with? He has a point. You haven't done anything Ole Miss hasn't done. 
Ole Miss hasn't won a overall SEC in football in about 50 YEARS. Niether has MSU. Arkansas hasn't won a overalll SEC title ever, but has played for it 3 times. MSU has played for it once and lost. Ole Miss is the ONLY school in the SEC West to NEVER win a Divisional Title.  Arkansas has 3 SEC West titles. So is Ole Miss and MSU beneath us in everything to do with SEC football ? YES !!!!! Southern Miss is the BEST D1 Football Team in Mississippi ! Which again isn't saying much about the State of Mississippi. The place is one big FOD BAG !

sevenof400

Kazimierz

I am a life long Arkansas fan and an Ole Miss alumnus. Despite loving both my alma mater and my "state school" let's get real. When it comes down to SEC heritage and power... neither Arkansas, Ole Miss, nor State can really stake a claim (same goes for Kentucky, Vandy, or S. Carolina). 

To hear Arkansas and Ole Miss/State fans argue about who is better is like watching three second string cornerbacks brag about who has the most interceptions.

As for Southern Miss being the best team in Mississippi... not in my opinion. But they don't play every year (for probably the same reason as Arkansas not playing ASU) so it is a hard comparison.

I would say that like all of these arguments it comes down to how you view toughness. I think State and Ole Miss get the nod for being in the SEC and playing (and losing to) Alabama--as opposed to Southern Miss playing UTEP, ECU, and UAB etc.

Overall Records:

Ole Miss v. SMiss: 17-6 (UM)
Ole Miss v. State: 60-42-6*** (UM) (but a nod to State's current win streak of 3 in a row)
State v. SMiss: 14-12-1 (State)

All stats gathered from: http://football.stassen.com/records/opponent.html

*** State contends that the record is actually: 58-41-5

Mulerider

Quote from: Kazimierz on June 18, 2012, 05:06:01 pm

To hear Arkansas and Ole Miss/State fans argue about who is better is like watching three second string cornerbacks brag about who has the most interceptions.

+1 and spot on.  Having a rational conversation with Hog fans about the actual accomplishments, or in reality lack thereof, of Razorback football is almost impossible.  You could get your post deleted or even be banned for saying something like this so you better be careful. 

Hoghead

June 20, 2012, 10:03:18 pm #11 Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:18:10 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: Mulerider on June 20, 2012, 04:56:33 pm

+1 and spot on.  Having a rational conversation with Hog fans about the actual accomplishments, or in reality lack thereof, of Razorback football is almost impossible.  You could get your post deleted or even be banned for saying something like this so you better be careful. 

You mean if I say we haven't won a conference title in 23 years Im irrational ? If I would say Frank Broyles ran through a WEAK SWC back in the day and could only beat Texas 5 times in 18 years, Im being unreal ? Im a Hog Fan... but reality is a Pit Bull ! NO SEC TITLES ! We need to win BIG and stop bragging about almost being there !

Kazimierz

Thanks for the +1 gesture. But I wasn't try to say Arkansas hasn't had any accomplishments... just that since 1991 they have not (along with Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, State, S. Carolina) won the SEC title or a BCS game (since the BCS was created).

They have (Ole Miss, State, and Arkansas) had talented players, great teams, and fun seasons... but it has never come together and resulted in a SEC Championship. I remember watching in horror as Madre tore his knee up in the 1995 SEC Championship game (we scored 3 pts)... then we got embarrassed by Georgia (we scored 3 points)... finally we put up a fight against Florida (in a game we could have easily won).  But... never finished with the hardware.

So... I wasn't trying to be down... just trying to be realistic. Until you win... you got nothing. So when I hear Arkansas, Ole Miss, and State bragging about who is better, it just sounds like those backup cornerbacks.

Uncle Ivan

Says the guy who has a Tourette's tantrum on a daily basis on this board.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 21, 2012, 11:52:07 am

From the guy who has a Wild Turkey liquored up cussing hissy fit on any subject on this board daily. You stay Classy Ivan.........LOL !

Mulerider

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 21, 2012, 11:52:07 am

Razorback fan definition:  Tourette's tantrum:  Anyone who tells the truth about the Razorbacks and their lack of winning ways in football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas