• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Officiating

Started by who-knew, November 05, 2018, 10:51:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RATTLER43

Guess #3:  penalty negates interception and it is first and goal after marking off yardage. 

RATTLER43

... and those were the only three fans I could hear during all the argument over how it should be called!!!

football_referee

you are right its a Safety

I am on another officiating board
In another state in a playoff game the crew missed it
they went from the end of the run

Old Scrapper

I think heard a 4th say touchback

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 10, 2018, 07:35:33 pm
I think heard a 4th say touchback
I didn't think the 4th guy knew what he was talking about

HG Hornet

Quote from: football_referee on November 10, 2018, 07:35:11 pm
you are right its a Safety

I am on another officiating board
In another state in a playoff game the crew missed it
they went from the end of the run
Just curious as to what your opinion is on referees calling games where their relatives (nephew) was a player.  Also, would you approve of the white hat referee standing in and participating in the home team's spirit line before the game? 

That happened to us two years ago and our entire fan base in the bleachers saw it.  We knew we were gonna get hosed and we did!  Two, TWO, of the other officials told our coach that the white hat was out to get us......and he did. 

What could be done to prevent this from happening? 

new2karting

Just so football_referee is not alone...you could create an interesting post titled "Bad Coaches/Bad Fans/Bad Hospitality" and it would cover the other side of the coin!

Some still do a good job and keep it classy but more and more are switching sides and I have a list of places I'd rather not spend my Friday nights.

Just saying.

dragonpastor

Quote from: football_referee on November 10, 2018, 07:20:01 pm
Hey guys just for fun

A has the ball 3rd and goal from the 8. A drops back to pass and B intercepts at the 2 yard line. After B intercepts B commits a personal foul in the end zone. Ball was returned for a touchdown
What do you have?

my guess would be that the penalty is enforced on the kickoff. Team B committed the penalty after the play. Touchdown stands.

NewDragon

My biggest problem isn't really missed calls or anything like that.  I have seen in more than one game this year where they have let them go too long before blowing a whistle.  I am really surprised that there haven't been more injuries.  I have seen them stack a kid up and drive him backwards 7-10 yards before the refs blow the whistle.  And letting little cheap shots go early on, then it turns in to a melee because the kids are frustrated and retaliating.  I just hate to see kids get hurt needlessly.

Bulldogfan101

I have some questions myself. Who holds the AAA accountable? From what I have learned recently is they are an Independent organization. I  emailed them about 2 months ago after I tried calling and have yet to get a reply.I have never tried to contact them before but I kinda have this feeling that they aren't  held accountable for their actions and thumb their nose to whomever they choose.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: Bulldogfan101 on November 26, 2018, 08:42:32 pm
I have some questions myself. Who holds the AAA accountable? From what I have learned recently is they are an Independent organization. I  emailed them about 2 months ago after I tried calling and have yet to get a reply.I have never tried to contact them before but I kinda have this feeling that they aren't  held accountable for their actions and thumb their nose to whomever they choose.

As a fan you will NOT get a response from the AAA on anything, especially officiating.  They answer to the schools and if there is an issue with the way a game is officiated, it is up to the AD of the school or HC of the team to file a complaint.

HorseFeathers

Well....The school is the actual member or the organization, not the fans 🤷

Individuals who have a problem with officiating could look into becoming one, I hear it's an open book test

Bulldogfan101

I appreciate the replies. But I have read more than once... "If you don't like it? Be one it's an open book test". Let's get some things straight. I am no more going to flip burgers at McDonald's because I am not pleased with the service than I am going to be a Ref. I pay for the schools that these games are played at and I pay to get into the game. Which is where the AAA gets their money. I really hate that some don't think that as a Customer of the AAA I and every other fan/customer should Not be able to ask a question about the service rendered. But I will quote something a Boss told me once. "You choose to do this for a living! I didn't!".

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: Bulldogfan101 on November 29, 2018, 09:46:33 pm
I appreciate the replies. But I have read more than once... "If you don't like it? Be one it's an open book test". Let's get some things straight. I am no more going to flip burgers at McDonald's because I am not pleased with the service than I am going to be a Ref. I pay for the schools that these games are played at and I pay to get into the game. Which is where the AAA gets their money. I really hate that some don't think that as a Customer of the AAA I and every other fan/customer should Not be able to ask a question about the service rendered. But I will quote something a Boss told me once. "You choose to do this for a living! I didn't!".

What I would do then is go see Don Brodell or Lance Taylor at:
3920 Richards Road
North Little Rock, 72117

I would suggest starting with Don. His desk is to the left after you enter. He is very welcoming to any suggestions you might have and will listen intently to your concerns. Heck he may even take notes and bring them up in the next AOA meeting or clinic to get feedback.  He might even take your suggestions and implement them ASAP.  He's a wonderful guy.  Yeah, I would try that first.

Bulldogfan101

POWERCAT PRIDE... I would hope that these guys are good guys! They do decide a lot of things that pertain to the students of the great state of Arkansas. But what I am really getting from your post is nothing short of arrogance. That Sir is a shame! See all I am saying is if the Public has questions? They should have a way to ask them. Yes I understand that some people just can't be civil and can't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with them. But on the other hand. I or anyone else should not feel that I am trying to deal with a drug cartel and that is what you're trying to imply with your post. Education is the key and if people could ask questions freely? Then everyone is better off. Have a good night!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bulldogfan101 on November 29, 2018, 09:46:33 pm

The problem is a bunch of them are like people I've worked with...they don't take pride in the work they do..

I still think that most of the people I hear griping about refs at games should pick up abhigh school rule book...they'd be shocked

Bulldogfan101

That's exactly what I am saying. Maybe if the fans were better educated. Including myself there would be less discontent. I am not a know it all. I am not a Ref like most fans. I know my job and I know it well but I have no idea about being a Ref or many other occupations.

HorseFeathers

I'm not a ref nor do I think I'd handle the verbalbabuse they take a lot nights as well as they do...I'd toss a lot of fans, players and coaches I think 😂🤷

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas