• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Projected Favorites/Standings for 4A-7 for 2019?

Started by Mulerider4Life, February 18, 2019, 09:19:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Anyone have any opinion on this?

I haven't read into this too much, but here is what I got,

1. Robinson
2. Arkadephia
3. Nashville
4. Bauxite
5. Harmony Grove
6. Malvern
7. Fountain Lake
8. Ashdown

OrangeCrush.

Looks about right. Heard Robinson has put together another good recruiting class to replace that senior class.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on February 18, 2019, 09:52:07 am
Looks about right. Heard Robinson has put together another good recruiting class to replace that senior class.
Not surprising on the recruiting. Need to recruit a better HC.

Mr. Mercer

Who we claiming they "recruited" now? 

Longsnapper81

Since you poked the bear, what have you "heard"?

Because I "heard" the middle school is growing at such an exponential rate that if they transferred them all to high school today they would be out of space. For the first time in decades, WLR, that's West Little Rock for you LA boys, has a viable educational opportunity in a modern new campus that is attracting more students than it can hold. That some of those students are athletes who want to who want to compete and have an opportunity at the next level is just a function of those numbers.

Secondly, if the coach was a bum, why would kids be transferring at mid semester to play for him. Curious for some informed responses that are more based on fact than feelings.

Beaver Fever

soccerman

Quote from: Beaver Fever on February 19, 2019, 06:27:34 am
Our QB
I heard many rumors before the season was even over last year that he would be going to Bauxite, I guess his family moved out to Little Rock instead

Longsnapper81

Quote from: soccerman on February 19, 2019, 07:26:35 am
I heard many rumors before the season was even over last year that he would be going to Bauxite, I guess his family moved out to Little Rock instead

West Point
Arkansas
NW Missouri St
UAM
OBU

Are a few of the schools that 13 seniors committed to a few weeks ago. I think the QB transferred to have a shot at the next level. He's not a college QB, but he is a coachable stud who will make an immediate impact b/c of his athleticism and attitude.

SUGARTOWN

February 19, 2019, 10:14:17 am #8 Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 11:54:16 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Longsnapper81 on February 19, 2019, 06:18:44 am
Since you poked the bear, what have you "heard"?

Because I "heard" the middle school is growing at such an exponential rate that if they transferred them all to high school today they would be out of space. For the first time in decades, WLR, that's West Little Rock for you LA boys, has a viable educational opportunity in a modern new campus that is attracting more students than it can hold. That some of those students are athletes who want to who want to compete and have an opportunity at the next level is just a function of those numbers.

Secondly, if the coach was a bum, why would kids be transferring at mid semester to play for him. Curious for some informed responses that are more based on fact than feelings.

I wouldn't say the coach is a bum, but he has definitely underachieved with all of the talent he has had. I don't really think that's debatable. Although I do think some of that can be attributed to the turnover of the players in recent years. Most schools have kids playing together since pee-wee, some of that cohesiveness just isn't their when you get one year players. The talent is there but I would say they have beaten by better TEAMS, not necessarily better players all the time. But, the play calling at times is questionable IMO and this factors in as well.

As far as why are they transferring in, I think you answered this question above. New facilities, modern campus and the best public football program in Little Rock, even if they haven't won the big one yet.

RabAlumni

IMO, Fountain Lake will finish either 4th or 5th.

Mulerider4Life

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: RabAlumni on February 19, 2019, 11:44:37 am
IMO, Fountain Lake will finish either 4th or 5th.

Who do you see them beating out? I can see maybe beating Harmony Grove? But who else?

RabAlumni

Well, based on your first post to start this thread here I would say they have a Valid chance to beat your projected 4, 5, 6, and 8 thus likely putting them as finishing 4th correct? I think when the kids buy into CBB's program then they will be quite the dark horse.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: RabAlumni on February 19, 2019, 12:49:57 pm
Well, based on your first post to start this thread here I would say they have a Valid chance to beat your projected 4, 5, 6, and 8 thus likely putting them as finishing 4th correct? I think when the kids buy into CBB's program then they will be quite the dark horse.

Well I like your optimism. Hopefully they do, just going to be tough especially against Bauxite and Harmony Grove. 

Longsnapper81

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 19, 2019, 10:14:17 am
I wouldn't say the coach is a bum, but he has definitely underachieved with all of the talent he has had. I don't really think that's debatable. Although I do think some of that can be attributed to the turnover of the players in recent years. Most schools have kids playing together since pee-wee, some of that cohesiveness just isn't their when you get one year players. The talent is there but I would say they have beaten by better TEAMS, not necessarily better players all the time. But, the play calling at times is questionable IMO and this factors in as well.

As far as why are they transferring in, I think you answered this question above. New facilities, modern campus and the best public football program in Little Rock, even if they haven't won the big one yet.

Here's an interesting slant:  I specifically know of a parental unit who took their boys out of Central, enrolled them at Robinson and moved them to NLR because they weren't getting "reps". All done before July so it's all good with AAA. With an increasing number of families living in apartments, the AAA makes it too easy. Helicopter parents with entitled athletes will Manufacturer a situation ideal to the kid.

bigchief72455

Quote from: RabAlumni on February 19, 2019, 12:49:57 pm
This isn't the 3-4 either though.

RabAlumni

Quote from: bigchief72455 on February 20, 2019, 09:59:46 am
This isn't the 3-4 either though.

What's your point? In my personal opinion, CBB is going to have better athletes at FL to run his system compared to his previous stop.  Yes, this conference is the hardest in 4A there is not a single doubt in anyone's mind by stating that but you don't think all of this was considered before an application was even placed?  Like I stated earlier, if the young men and their parents buy into his program then expect a lot of great things to come out of FL because they definitely have the ability over there to be successful!

youhavenoidea

February 20, 2019, 11:17:23 am #17 Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:18:55 am by youhavenoidea
Seems almost comical every year to hear this...Clearly AAA doesn't care or there is no hard proof.  Something about that west LR area and high school recruiting, if it's not the private schools(PA, LRC, Catholic), then it's Robinson...but again year after year no penalties or findings of any kind, for AAA to act.  Since it is right in the AAA backyard, you would have to believe that they have done the most thorough of investigations, because they discover all these other incidents around the state........... ........................wait most of those are self reported.
           Anyways I guess I'm saying get over it, who cares...if its happening then its happening, until someone at the school accused of the recruiting gets tired of it.
Now with that said my projections for what they're worth:
1. Arkadephia (thought they had no hope last year and well....)
2. Robinson  (regardless of accusations still talented and capable)
3. Nashville  (Should maybe contend, lots of young players contributed last year, just seem to be missing something....)
4. Bauxite    ( DP has helped make a turn here, still missing a few WOW kids, but solid program in 7-4A)
5. Harmony Grove  (Shocked a few last year and showed they could hang with some big boys, could get higher seeding if they catch a team sleeping)
6. Ashdown   (What Happened?! Talent that ran through there for a few years and talent that is still there should have sparked a fire similar to Robinson's run.?.?.?.?)
7. Fountain Lake  (New coach, New system(similar to old 2 coaches ago) may surprise some of teams 4-8 on list
8. Malvern   (New coach, New System, New Culture.., really only this low because I believe a couple of years of damage has been done, that can't be fixed in a year)

bigchief72455

Quote from: RabAlumni on February 20, 2019, 11:17:10 am

What's your point? In my personal opinion, CBB is going to have better athletes at FL to run his system compared to his previous stop.  Yes, this conference is the hardest in 4A there is not a single doubt in anyone's mind by stating that but you don't think all of this was considered before an application was even placed?  Like I stated earlier, if the young men and their parents buy into his program then expect a lot of great things to come out of FL because they definitely have the ability over there to be successful!
My point is if FL is running the Double Wing, they are going to struggle against some of these teams who can score on a whim. That offense is designed to control the ground and grind the clock. If you are 2 scores up then its great. If you are 2 scores down and need to score quickly its a challenge. He had some very talented teams at Gosnell and ran this offense. It worked some and didn't on others. There is a pretty big difference in the level of competition in conference down there.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Longsnapper81 on February 20, 2019, 08:28:31 am
Here's an interesting slant:  I specifically know of a parental unit who took their boys out of Central, enrolled them at Robinson and moved them to NLR because they weren't getting "reps". All done before July so it's all good with AAA. With an increasing number of families living in apartments, the AAA makes it too easy. Helicopter parents with entitled athletes will Manufacturer a situation ideal to the kid.

Often times though, these kids don't pan out when they play college ball if they play college ball. What are they left with? What morals are they taught? Just move to a team that is winning or to a team where you can get more reps? SMH

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on February 21, 2019, 07:56:08 am
Often times though, these kids don't pan out when they play college ball if they play college ball. What are they left with? What morals are they taught? Just move to a team that is winning or to a team where you can get more reps? SMH

Yeah, I mean seriously. These kids will probably grow up and keep changing jobs until they find one they like and makes them happy.

No morals at all... ::)

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 21, 2019, 12:19:21 pm
Yeah, I mean seriously. These kids will probably grow up and keep changing jobs until they find one they like and makes them happy.

No morals at all... ::)

Nahh, they will be chasing the dream till they are about 35, then startup a mediocre AAU team while working in Sales.

Mr. Mercer

Think the main question for Nashville is who the QB will be. Answer that and they have a chance to be pretty good

Beaver Fever

I just looked through max preps to see some video of each team in this conference and it looks like half are running a more traditional under center offense.  I think they are starting to realize they can't play the spread game ( match score for score)vs some of the more athletic teams.  Limiting possessions vs a spread team gives them a little better chance at success.  See Harmony grove vs Nashville game.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Beaver Fever on February 22, 2019, 06:19:17 am
I just looked through max preps to see some video of each team in this conference and it looks like half are running a more traditional under center offense.  I think they are starting to realize they can't play the spread game ( match score for score)vs some of the more athletic teams.  Limiting possessions vs a spread team gives them a little better chance at success.  See Harmony grove vs Nashville game.

Very good point. Limit the time the other team has the ball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas