• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-4

Started by Coach D 23, May 25, 2016, 07:52:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach D 23

Predictions for the 3A-4 standings?

beach bum

May 25, 2016, 08:04:47 pm #1 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:11:56 pm by beach bum
I predict Charleston and Lamar at the top for obvious reasons. I think everyone else but Two Rivers will field pretty solid teams and have a shot at the playoffs. Two Rivers lost a good crop of athletes and still got 7th in the conference last year and technically last with Lavaca beating them head to head. I feel for their situation but it just is what it is for them. Paris, Mansfield, Atkins, and Cedarville will most likely battle amongst themselves jockeying for a decent playoff seed. Lamar will depend a lot on how their QB/LB does coming back from injury. I really hope for that young man he gets the opportunity to come 100% no holding back. If not they might not be the same if he isn't. Knee and leg injuries can be a delicate thing obviously.

macadoshis

He played a full baseball season.  Went through all of Spring Football, all contact drills and spring game, and has started camp season already.  Knee is good. 

beach bum

Quote from: macadoshis on May 25, 2016, 08:15:25 pm
He played a full baseball season.  Went through all of Spring Football, all contact drills and spring game, and has started camp season already.  Knee is good.

I am glad to hear that. People know about him at QB but I heard he is an absolute monster on defense which impacts the whole team on that side of the ball.

Lineman

Who, besides HD, is returning for Lamar? The tigers have several returning on both sides of the ball. I hope everyone can stay healthy, Oct 14 should be a slugfest.

RTF

I like Lamar if Davenport is healthy and ready to go. So I will go 1. Lamar  2. Charleston ( has a lot of talent and could easily be 1 3. Paris ( the Davidson kid returns)

young_gun

1-2 Paris/Charleston Paris has the athletes and experience but can they get over the hump.
3 Lamar QB is back but will not have the firepower they did this year.
4-8 Could finish in any order.

Paris returns the most speed. If they get going early there may be no stopping them.
Charleston is well coached and can beat anyone on any given night.
Lamar will push Paris and Charleston for one of the top two spots but I think they fall just short.

macadoshis

Quote from: young_gun on May 26, 2016, 01:29:20 pm
1-2 Paris/Charleston Paris has the athletes and experience but can they get over the hump.
3 Lamar QB is back but will not have the firepower they did this year.
4-8 Could finish in any order.

Paris returns the most speed. If they get going early there may be no stopping them.
Charleston is well coached and can beat anyone on any given night.
Lamar will push Paris and Charleston for one of the top two spots but I think they fall just short.
Lamar will not return the experience on the line.  But as far as firepower, the Warriors will be loaded at the skill positions.  A lot more weapons than last year. 

Black and Gold

I'll take Paris at 3. Lamar will not have the line from this year, but they will have horses to go as long as they stay injury free.

Lineman

Quote from: young_gun on May 26, 2016, 01:29:20 pm
I just don't see Paris at 1 or 2, sorry. Which "hump" are you referring?  The 25-24 record vs conference opponents. Zero state titles or their last conference title was in 1969?  Or the fact the eagles are 0-11 against the tigers? 

WPWells

Charleston takes it this year

macadoshis

Quote from: Lineman on May 26, 2016, 08:13:04 pm
I just don't see Paris at 1 or 2, sorry. Which "hump" are you referring?  The 25-24 record vs conference opponents. Zero state titles or their last conference title was in 1969?  Or the fact the eagles are 0-11 against the tigers?
;D +1

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston walks away with it this year.

RTF

May 27, 2016, 11:43:56 am #13 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:46:29 am by RTF
Quote from: Lineman on May 26, 2016, 08:13:04 pm

Most of that is irrelevant and some is misguided... but he is probably referring to Paris being middle of the pack recently.

I also find it funny Lineman that you try to keep up with that... live in high school sports much?

Lineman

It's all irrelevant, but numbers don't lie. Truth is I could care less about eagle football.  FYI, I don't live in high school sports, some parents just take an interest in their sons' lives.

Black and Gold

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up with the baseball boards, Charleston has hired Tyler Reese, 23, of Marion to coach baseball and assist in football. I know nothing about the man other than he played college baseball at Tech.

Red Devil Dad

I see a lot about Charleston, Lamar, and Paris on this thread so I thought I would add some for the Red Devils. This year's seniors beat Lamar and lost to Charleston by 2 points as 9th graders. We have a good group of seniors this year with a lot of talent behind them. Our boys are really pumped about coming  back home to the 3A-4. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Red Devils in one of the top 2 spots at the end of the season. I personally will be happy for the shorter drives to the games. It was pretty stupid to have Atkins in the same conferance as Barton the last 2 seasons.

WPWells

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on May 30, 2016, 07:26:13 pm
I see a lot about Charleston, Lamar, and Paris on this thread so I thought I would add some for the Red Devils. This year's seniors beat Lamar and lost to Charleston by 2 points as 9th graders. We have a good group of seniors this year with a lot of talent behind them. Our boys are really pumped about coming  back home to the 3A-4. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Red Devils in one of the top 2 spots at the end of the season. I personally will be happy for the shorter drives to the games. It was pretty stupid to have Atkins in the same conferance as Barton the last 2 seasons.

Nah

Lumberjackfan1978

Charleston at the top

RTF

Quote from: Lineman on May 27, 2016, 12:25:19 pm
It's all irrelevant, but numbers don't lie. Truth is I could care less about eagle football.  FYI, I don't live in high school sports, some parents just take an interest in their sons' lives.

LOL.. " I don't care about Eagle football, but hey, let me try and give you a long history about them."

Lineman

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on May 30, 2016, 07:26:13 pm
Atkins to Barton is a crazy drive for a conference game. That was a wild Jr high season in 2013.

macadoshis

I was very impressed with Atkins at the Dardy team camp.  I know it's a team camp but they'll have a solid season.  I saw some athletes for sure. 

xadboy

Lamar is going to take it this year all the way to state title. With the class of transfers and free agents we signed, no way but title town. A healthy Davenport on defense is a man beast!

macadoshis

First 7on7 of the year for us, so I'm looking for which receivers will step up and fill some big shoes. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: xadboy link=topic=147316.msg3345202#ms
With the class of transfers and free agents we signed, no way but title town.
/quote]

DETAILS?

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on June 09, 2016, 07:58:17 pm
Quote from: xadboy link=topic=147316.msg3345202#ms
With the class of transfers and free agents we signed, no way but title town.

DETAILS?
/quote]
We had three move ins (basketball) that could really help on the football team I think.  Zedrick Lee from the basketball team came out for spring ball and will step in and make an immediate impact. 

Hornet4ever

Charleston up and coming look promising?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas