• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two rivers open?

Started by Interestingcall, March 09, 2016, 09:43:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Interestingcall

Just seen were two rivers head coaching job is open. He hasnt been there long has he?

beach bum

Wow, after one year? I can kind of understand why in a way. You are in arguably the best conference now that Coach Jones has Lamar rolling as a program and Charleston is always going to be a top dog in 3A. Two Rivers always struggles with numbers as well as talent. Football is the ultimate team sport and takes all 11 guys. You can win in basketball at a school like Two Rivers but football is a whole different ball game. When your school doesn't give the resources to be successful in football it isn't happening. Ultimately, its the kids that lose in this situation and that is the sad part because kids don't deserve that when their community isn't behind him.

Longfellow

Interestingcall

Arkansas school spring website

Black and Gold

Sounds more like the admin needs some openings if you get what I mean. They go through more coaches then I've ever seen. A guy can't get his system installed with one year. Not many coaches can take a program from nothing to decent in one years time.

Longfellow

Havner is leaving because he got a better job offer with a school district in Mississippi. It's gonna be a better situation for him and his family

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Black and Gold on March 09, 2016, 09:03:47 pm
Sounds more like the admin needs some openings if you get what I mean. They go through more coaches then I've ever seen. A guy can't get his system installed with one year. Not many coaches can take a program from nothing to decent in one years time.

From what I was told, havener wouldn't have been ran off.

Black and Gold

Just seems like I remember the administration has ran off coaches in the past. My mistake

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Black and Gold on March 10, 2016, 07:36:21 am
Just seems like I remember the administration has ran off coaches in the past. My mistake

They probably have, football isn't a priority for a lot of folks down that way

RTF

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2016, 07:39:35 am
They probably have, football isn't a priority for a lot of folks down that way

Football should never be a priority.

Made

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Made on March 10, 2016, 08:55:57 am
Blasphemy

Yeah.   A nice little area to live.   I've heard the deer hunting is excellent though I don't know when you would get a chance as a coach.

RTF

Football is Life

Any names being mentioned?

Longfellow

All I've heard is some wild rumors about who's applied. Nothing I would take serious

Pat Swilling

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 10, 2016, 09:26:43 am
Yeah.   A nice little area to live.   I've heard the deer hunting is excellent though I don't know when you would get a chance as a coach.
if you suck there is plenty of time to hunt.

Suzuki Libation Nation

Quote from: Oldman on March 28, 2016, 01:11:30 pm
if you suck there is plenty of time to hunt.
Or if you were the baseball coach deer season would be wide open.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on April 07, 2016, 04:25:11 pm
Or if you were the baseball coach deer season would be wide open.
Baseball coaches are required to coach a fall sport...especially at a school the size of Two Rivers.

Longfellow

Yea the baseball coach is also an assistant football coach. Been hearing some more wild rumors about who is getting the job

GBattack

Quote from: Longfellow on April 08, 2016, 08:58:56 am
Yea the baseball coach is also an assistant football coach. Been hearing some more wild rumors about who is getting the job

I didn't know that... Our baseball coach only coaches baseball and we are the same size. Maybe we just have more "teachers" who can also coach than we do "coaches" who teach. Lol. There is a difference IMO...

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Longfellow on April 08, 2016, 08:58:56 am
Who is getting the job?

Longfellow

Most people think that former Ola/TR head coach Josh Harrison will get the job. He has spent the last 2 years at Morrilton and Dardanelle. I would be happy with that, as Harrison was the only head coach I had 7th thru 12th

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Longfellow on April 11, 2016, 07:55:50 am
Most people think that former Ola/TR head coach Josh Harrison will get the job. He has spent the last 2 years at Morrilton and Dardanelle. I would be happy with that, as Harrison was the only head coach I had 7th thru 12th

Would be a tough sell, IMO.  Coach Harrison left TR in a tough spot two years ago - bounced in July and they had to turn to 24 year old. Also made some comments about support, facilities and numbers in a newspaper article. Don't know that any of that has changed.

He could be best candidate, but surely there are other deserving people who didn't put the program in a bind before only to decide grass wasn't greener.

None of that is to say he's not good person, coach. Have never heard negative word about him.

Pat Swilling

Made

I figured this one would have already been sewn up

RTF

Quote from: Made on April 19, 2016, 01:30:20 pm
I figured this one would have already been sewn up

Not an easy job which is the problem.

hogwild_82

Has this job ever been filled?

Longfellow

Josh Harrison has been hired back as head football coach

Suzuki Libation Nation